Chapter 1

The ordinary girl

2008

His (POV)

We were finally done with the dance class after 4 hours. I had been in training with Tao before that for our rap classes apparently they had got an American teacher for us which was a first so they had been briefing us for 2 hours.... I was dead tired and already missing mom.

It had only been 3 months since I arrived in KOREA. It was a foreign place for me rather I was a total foreigner to this place. A Canadian Chinese kid it couldn't get more foreign than that....

"So jeje did you hear we are getting a new kid probably a rapper," Tao asked

I simply chose to ignore him not interested in entertaining him for it meant an hour of him non stop yapping

I put my headphone on and started walking towards the dorm, at the moment the only thing I wanted to do was find my bed

"Jeje hey jeje! Aish always ignoring me! Really nothing interests other than your bed!"

***********************************************************************************************

the next day,

"Kids we have a new student here with us joining us from today, She is a bit shy since she isn't from here so please try to befriend her and help her ok! No bulling or pulling or teasing her on the first day." our Korean language teacher instructed us.

So the kid tao was talking yesterday about was a foreign girl, a rapper. Not that I was interested but a girl formally training for a rapper position rarely happened.

"Amber, you can come in and introduce your self, " the teacher asked

She was nothing special. A skinny girl of probably 14-15 years, tanned skin with straight dark hair up to her shoulder wearing a lakers jersey and long shorts, honestly didn't even look much of a girl only her hair and those eyes that were glued to the floor were the only features that made her a girl. She wasn't anything special but she was different from all the girl trainees at our company, the girly extremely feminine girls with shrilly voices and angel-like visuals.

'Ge-gg no ah uh -Unnie...ahmm' the girl started mumbling with her eyes shuffling to the floor... the girl was beyond just being shy.

"Amber sweetie no need to worry introduce your self in English only after all this is your Korean language class for English speakers only." the teacher assured the newcomer

"Hmm! I am Amber Liu from LA America, I will be 15 this September, I can understand mandarin and speak mostly only English. Hope to get along with you all" the girl raised her head with a shy smile only to bow politely to her new classmates.

"oh, so you are the new kid! Hi Amber the Taiwanese American, right! I am Henry, Henry Lau .... I am also Taiwanese like you but Canadian. I also can understand mandarin and speak mostly English, but I do speak Korean and mandarin a bit only a bit " henry introduced almost jumping on the terrified new kid. She seemed a bit surprised but smiled at him.

"Could you please do that after the class ends Mr.Lau? We have to start the class so please return to your seat, amber can you take the empty seat next to Kris, the tall guy there"

That was when I first saw her. She didn't seem anything special.

She was an ordinary girl.