Loading…75%

56%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Sixteen

 


 

 

 

 

∞⇢

UNDER THE LIGHT POST, 

Baekhyun and I were taking the stairs together as we headed back from Minseok's place. We were walking quietly until he stopped and darted his attention to me. Wondering why he stopped all of a sudden, all I did was stare back at him. The gaze we shared was comfortable which was a first somehow. Other times, we would make eye contact but they weren't this satisfying. We weren't in a hurry, not scared about getting caught, and didn't bother looking away. 

His handsome face was adorned by a subtle smile and I waited for it to fully take over his mouth until I felt his fingers grazing against mine.

My attention trailed to his arm and then to his hand as it proceeded to completely hold mine with his beautiful, delicate fingers. My heart immediately felt warm at the sensation.

I realized, we never got to hold hands like this. This was all new to me. My gaze lingered on our joined hands until I felt him give the gentlest squeeze. It was as if he was trying to get me to look at him, so my attention traveled back to his face.

There was a fond look in his eyes, and the corner of his lips rose in yet another subtle smile.

“Do you feel that?” He asked me, roaming his attention around. 

I wasn't really sure what his question was about, so instead of answering, I just settled looking back at him.

“It has become a bit colder...” He said and acted like he indeed felt cold. "Don't you think?"

It was my turn to look around and check the temperature but was suddenly surprised when I felt his hand tugging mine, leading me closer to him. My focus led back to him once more, I was welcomed by the raising of the corners of his mouth before his other hand reached for my waist.

I would have said anything if I wasn’t too busy maintaining eye contact.

He pulled closer in the gentlest way possible until his free hand circled my waist turning the physical contact into an embrace. I could not help my smile at his gesture, making me feel a little crazy as I fell in love with the warmth his body was giving me. I leaned over to his broad chest which seemed like the most natural thing to do. Doing so, I felt the most secure about my decision. It came like a confirmation that this was the right thing at the right moment. 

“You could have said you wanted a hug,” I said, my lips forming into an upward curve as I also circled my arm around his body. “You didn’t have to comment on the freaking temperature,” I added, deciding to .

My simple remark earned a laugh from him. 

“Does this mean that you’d gladly give me one if I ask?” He asked, my back. “Because I have a feeling your hugs will be one of my favorite things now.”

I was about to lean away from him but he stopped me by securing the hug. His quiet protest immediately made me feel soft. “We’re not done yet.” He murmured while he buried his face in the curve of my neck.

I let out a laugh, unable to stop myself before I tiptoed to wind my both arms around his neck making the hug tighter and fuller because just like him, I have a feeling that hugging him would be something I'd do a lot. I felt his laugh against my neck as his hands trailed to the small of my back as he pulled me closer as well.

The warmth brought by being able to hug him freely like this was something I would remember for a long time. 

∞⇢
 

We had to drive separately to our units that night since we both brought our cars with us to Minseok’s place. Driving on my way to my apartment, I couldn’t help but smile to the point that my cheeks hurt.

I was happy. A different kind that I had not felt for the past few years.

Later, stepping into my room, I heard my phone’s notification and found that it was from our Group chat. Naeun sent a photo that caused a small gasp to escape my mouth. It was a shot of Baekhyun and me outside, at the exact moment we kissed. I instantly feel myself blushing. 

Naeun:
Sorry, I just had to capture the perfect moment. TT TT
11:23 PM

Naeun:
Yah, Baekseol I’m seriously happy, I wanna cry again. 
11:23 PM

Minseok:
I think you cried more about them today than you did when I told you I liked you.
11:24 PM


I could not help but laugh at Minseok’s remark.

Naeun:
Oh, babe! Of course, it’s Baekhyun and Seolhee! Like after forever! Of course, I’d cry more. But I love you, you know that.
11:24 PM

Jongdae:
See! You should thank me for urging you to take a peek at what’s going on outside earlier. If we had not, then we wouldn’t be able to witness Baekseol’s first kiss! Hoot! Hoot!
11:25 PM


I had to wipe my forehead, feeling like I had started to sweat. I didn’t know how to react. Then I saw Baekhyun typing. It's funny how I became tense, I brought my thumb to my mouth to nibble the tip while I waited for his response.

When his message came, it was a reply to Jongdae’s message about the kiss.

Baekhyun:
Sorry to break it to you Kim Jongdae, but that ain’t the first time for sure.
11:26 PM

Oh my god, Baekhyun. I shut my eyes closed, I did not expect him to reply that way.

Naeun:
What?!
11:26 PM

Jongdae:
WHAAAATTTTT?!!!
11:26 PM

I found myself typing while I inhaled.

Me:
Yah. Byun Baekhyun.
11:27 PM

Minseok:
lol, looks like someone is already in trouble.
11:27 PM

Jongdae:
HAHAHAHA! Go, Seolhee!
11:28 PM

Naeun:
Oopsie @Baekhyun.
11:28 PM


Baekhyun typed again and it was making me stressed out not knowing what his reply would be this time. But knowing him, it would probably be something crazy-

Baekhyun:
I’m sorry, My love @Seolhee.
11:29 PM.

As my brain lagged, my phone slipped from my hands and landed on the bed. I also sat before I threw my upper body on the mattress.

Baekhyun and I, we’re together now. It sinking in now, hard. I find it hard to believe as the previous nights, I lie awake overthinking the worst that could happen after my unplanned confession. To think that things have turned out the opposite and were in my favor, my heart is overwhelmed.

Closing my eyes, I thought about the hug that we shared earlier and it made my heart warm once more. My mind ran several kilometers passing through thoughts of Baekhyun when my phone rang next to me.

Please let it be Baekhyun.

Grabbing it, I answered it without checking who the caller was, I just waited for the voice from the other line.

“You don’t like it?” There came the voice I anticipated to hear. “Me calling you my love?” He added in a smiling tone.

I smiled, in fact, unable to hold back a chuckle just imagining his reaction right now. 

“I’m just a little surprised,” I replied, trying my best not to squeal like a teenager. “Never in a million years had I thought that you would call me that, plus it's a little cheesy."

He burst out laughing from the other line. 

“Right.” He replied. "By the way, Seol?”

“Hm?”

“I know this might seem crazy for me to say but…” He sounded hesitating in a way.

“What is it?” I asked curiously.

“Oh damn it.” He hissed jokingly. “I should have asked you to stay with me a bit longer. Now I'm right here inside my car, parked outside your apartment building.”

My eyes grew wide as I sat up immediately.

"Are you serious?"

“You can come if you want to see me.” He said once more. “No…” He paused. “I mean, can you please come out because I wanna see you.”

“M’kay.” I said, unable to stop myself from smiling so hard. “Give me a second.”

 

∞⇢

I hurriedly left my unit and took the elevator down to the main lobby. As soon as I got out of the entrance, I saw his car, indeed parked across the building. I was about to take the crosswalk when I felt a hand on my wrist. Looking to my right to see who it was, I was welcomed by the smile I wanted to see. He tugged on my hand as he led me to the side, away from the road.

“Hi,” He greeted, his eyes turning into crescents. He tilted his head down as he stared at me again. 

The corner of my mouth rose to give way to a small laugh. I was about to say something when he slowly pulled me into a tight embrace. I could not believe he was being this clingy and showy toward me right now. And to be very honest, I loved it. 

We stayed that way for about a couple of seconds before we agreed to go to the café in the next building. Our orders were just served and I had my eyes on them. I, however, could feel his gaze boring and it was making me feel a bit conscious.

“Baek-” I had to stop talking when he signaled me to keep quiet.

“Don’t talk.” He said. “And just let me look at you a little longer.”

I shook my head sideways as I laughed. 

“You’ve been staring at me since we got here…” I said in a matter-of-fact tone but unable to suppress the smile. "And don't you think that you being like this is way too far as to how other people see you..."

“Baby please stop talking.” He spoke. “Hm?”

The endearment that escaped his mouth was the one that made me shut up. I had to look away for a second, desperate to hide my reaction while my cheeks started to feel warm. When I looked back at him again, his mouth was painted with a playful smile as he was aware of what the endearment made me feel.

“You don’t know how much I wanted to stare at you openly like this.” He told me, holding eye contact. “I always had to make sure you’re not looking or no one in the room was looking, damn it made me so mad in so many ways.” 

“Well if you overdo it now, you might get bored doing it in the long run.” It was something my brain could muster, feeling a little flustered by the attention I was getting from him. 

“That is not going to happen.” He smirked at my response before he tilted his head down to his cup to take a sip of his coffee.

It was my turn to watch him and his every move. The way his lips touched the tip of the cup after blowing the drink or how beautiful his eyelashes looked this close. His gorgeous fingers held the cup and just how he handsomely raked his hair with his other hand when he was done.

He must have caught me staring which caused the crazy confident, handsome grin on his face. For some reason, I didn’t feel embarrassed at all and just smiled at his reaction. Then from being seated in front of me, he took his chair closer and sat next to me.

“I’m doing you a favor by sitting closer to you.” He whispered into my ear.

I naturally laughed at his remark before we gazed at each other once more.

“You’re beautiful.” He told me with a dear look in his eyes. “That’s something I had always wanted to tell you…” He trailed off as he lifted a hand near my face to tuck the hair behind my ear. “From the time I saw you again.”

“But I was drunk that night,” I reasoned. “I mean the first time you saw me again, and yes, of all places, in your bar. I must have looked crazy.”

“Yup.” He agreed instantly. “You look crazy....” He paused, the corners of his lips rising.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I mean crazy beautiful." He laughed. 

I watched how his head tilted a bit, happiness written on his face. He looked even more handsome to me right now. Maybe I'm just too in love, I feel a blush growing. I also still could not believe that he did not reject me.  

“This is insane,” I muttered, finally taking a sip of my coffee.

“Yeah, I’m handsome and it must be driving you crazy.” He told me in an incredibly cocky voice.

I almost choked on my coffee, how could he say the same thing going on in my head? 

“Yah.” I coughed a bit.

“Sorry.” He said laughing a bit louder while he stretched a hand to wipe my mouth.

The way his skin made contact with mine was something. That gentle and brief physical contact made me feel giddy.

“What I meant was,” I leaned away from him to give his profile a good look. “I can’t believe that you feel the same way for me.” I tilted my head down. “I thought…” I trailed off as I fidgeted with my fingers on the table. “That you would reject me.” 

“Why would you think I would?”

“Well, you have not said anything about it,” I replied with a sigh, still not looking at him. “I thought you had probably accepted Soojung’s affections.” I went on as I turned in his direction again. “I saw her kiss you that day, during the trek. I heard your conversation with her and I…”

“Seolhee.” He called my name before he reached for my hand. "Sorry, you had to see that."

I watched how his thumb gave my hand a few gentle before he spoke once more.

“Soojung is an amazing woman and I’ve always been grateful for her...” He paused his eyes on our hands as well for a few good seconds. “But she’s not you.” He added this time his eyes meeting mine as he squeezed my hand.

“How…” I paused to exhale loudly. “How are you gonna tell her about us?”

“I’ll figure it out.” He answered with a subtle but reassuring smile on his face. “Jun seems to have a thing for you too.” His tone turned more serious. “You must tell him about us too.” 

I could not help but be amused by how he sounded very territorial. I made sure to watch him for the next couple of seconds.

“I will.” I nodded, suppressing a laugh just so I could say my next words. “So, don’t be jealous of him anymore.”

He scoffed before he grinned cockily as if trying to hide his embarrassment for coming clean about it earlier.

∞⇢

 

It was already a few minutes after 1 AM when he walked me back to the entrance of my apartment building. We must have enjoyed each other’s company so much that we forgot that we had a meeting tomorrow.

“The conference is at 10 AM,” He said. “I’ll come by at around 9:15. Would you be done by then?”

“You’re picking me up?”

“Well,” he shrugged. “I have the right to pick you up now, haven't I?”

I chuckled at his response as I nodded.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.”

It was his turn to nod.

“I’ll message you when I’m on my way.” He replied before he gave my hand a few thumb caresses. “You should go inside now, it’s quite late already.”

“M’kay,” I muttered as I watched him gaze at me silently.

However, instead of making a step away, I made one that took me closer to him. And without a word, slipped my hands around his waist to give him one last hug. My gesture seemed to have come unexpectedly based on his reaction. He looked cute, I thought.

I looked up at him, smiling before I had to stop as he bent down to give my lips a firm and steady kiss.

 

∞⇢

7:21 AM, the next day.

Thanks to my alarm, I was still able to wake up on time the next morning. If it was some normal day, I would have tapped on the snooze button to sleep more. However, this day wasn’t since Baekhyun was going to pick me up. My sleepiness might be strong, but the anticipation to see him is way stronger. 

I washed up and got ready. I stood in front of my full-length mirror dressed in black, turtle neck long sleeves, and some dark-washed jeans that hugged my legs which I just knew would go perfectly with my black, knee-length boots. I threw on a long, chocolate overcoat that matched well with the beige scarf that I had on the bed.

I let my long hair down after blowing it dry and making an effort to emphasize my layers. Just like any other day, I kept my make-up clean and simple, using just the right sunset-ish shade of lipstick.

Baekhyun:
Seol, I’m here. Just come down when you’re ready.
9:03 AM

I automatically smiled seeing his message. Giving my look one final evaluation, I left my unit. I took the way to the entrance of the building and immediately saw his car. I tried to walk as casually as I could when the truth was my heart was beating a bit too loud than it should.

His car was tinted and I couldn't see him inside at first until he rolled the windows down when I was close enough to enjoy the sight of him in the driver’s seat. From where I was, I could already tell that he was wearing a black leather jacket. His hair was neatly styled in a comma hairstyle.

I latched my hand on the handle to open the door, scared that I might not keep my cool once inside due to how amazing he looked right now. What is happening to me, I can't believe I'm about to go gaga over how he looks. 

He was wearing a pair of black jeans too. That was what I first noticed as soon as I got in, my eyes darting to his thighs.

“Good morning.” He greeted with a smile on his too-good-looking face.

“Hi.” It was all that I could say because I felt like I needed some air.

I darted my attention away to fasten my seatbelt and was about to pull the one on my left shoulder when I sensed him move closer to me. Inhaling his amazing scent that my brain has memorized by heart, I knew he was inches away from me.

Conscious, I turned in the other direction and was welcomed by his face just a few inches from mine. Though he wasn’t looking at me, his hand stretched across my body to help me with the seatbelt.

Damn it, he’s too close, I might go dizzy.

“Let me help you with that.” He said briefly as he pulled the other end and connected it to the other, fastening it for me. “There.” He went on.

My attention fell to his mouth as he uttered his last word and all I could think was claiming his mouth with mine. I bore my eyes on him until I saw him pulling away to his side of the car. Damn it, I didn't like that. 

“I think you should kiss me.” I blurted out which earned a puzzled look from him. “Or do I kiss you?”

He gazed at me, his other hand on the steering wheel and the other on the clutch. There was a millisecond of silence before a handsome smirk painted his face.

“Did I say that out loud?” I breathed out, a little too late for some damage control. “I did, right?”

The curve on his face widened, letting out a small laugh amused by my behavior.

Damn, his audacity to look more desirable was making me mad. I might just as well do it, I concluded. So, before I could even process any coherent thoughts, I quickly unfastened my seatbelt and took him by surprise as I leaned closer and grabbed his collar.

The next second, I had my lips pressed against his. His lips were soft just as I had imagined them. I was still busy with these thoughts when he started to graze his lips on mine, leveling up the simple good morning kiss.

I felt him smile and that was the exact moment I opened my eyes, briefly breaking the kiss, and noticed how his hand, previously from the steering wheel, now trailed to the curve of my neck.

“Come here, baby.” He said, refusing to let me go by pulling my face closer to his once more. "Now it's my turn to kiss you." His smirk was about to make me go insane. 

Closing my eyes once more, I focused on the sensation while our mouths grazed against each other gently for the next few seconds. His scent, the movements of his lips, his tongue, and the feel of his hands on my neck were intoxicating my rationality. I let myself stay in that state for as long as we kissed and savored the moment. 

We respectively leaned back on our seats as soon as we broke the kiss. I was subtly catching my breath, waiting for the warm sensation on my lips and neck to subside when I happened to turn to him and saw him wiping a corner of his lips. 

I immediately turned the other way, refusing to give him more reasons to make me lose it.

“I love your obvious transition to being my girlfriend.” He said, his eyes turning into crescents as he smiled before turning the engine on. “Also, I hate how we should just go on our first official date right now but no, we have the ing conference meeting to attend, what a hassle.” He hissed.

I let out a small laugh at how exaggerated his reaction was about the meeting. 

“And…” he trailed off glancing at me from the road as he started to drive us out of the street. “You don’t have a business looking this good.”

“Says you,” I replied, noticing the lipstick on the other corner of his lips. “Let’s just take this off.” I struggled to say in between my laughs as I stretched a hand to reach for that area of his mouth while he slightly leaned in my direction.

“I still have it?”

"Sorry, I must have worn the one that isn't transfer-proof," I told him. "Which reminds me that I should buy a few more transfer-proof lipstick since..." I intentionally met his eyes which earned yet another smirk. 

“It tastes good though.” He remarked as he glanced in the rearview mirror after I finished wiping his mouth. “You should wear that one often, I really don’t mind.”

I did not expect his rebuttal. 

“Baekhyun, you’re not supposed to taste it.” I reasoned out, looking at him incredulously, trying a stifle a laugh. 

“Well, what am I supposed to do when we kiss?” He fired back, a cocky smile spreading across his face once more as he glanced at me. “Which yes, you're right, we will do a lot, by the way.” He ended his remark with a quick wink.

I laughed the slowly heating of my face once more away.

One thing was for sure, now that we have finally crossed that line again from being just friends, it felt more natural.

 

∞⇢

We arrived at the conference meeting ten minutes before it was about to start. We walked out of the elevator together and saw Soojung in the hallway. Upon seeing us approaching, she immediately went to Baekhyun but did not miss the chance to throw a displeased look at me.

Since we have not told her and Jun yet, I suppose Baekhyun and I have to be careful when they are around. So, I sped up my walk leaving them behind. I entered the meeting room and saw Jun. He was sitting next to the other Engineers, talking to them but stopped when I walked in and stood to move the chair next to him. I walked to where he was knowing that everyone would find it weird if I didn’t sit next to him.

“Good Morning.” Jun greeted me, waiting for me to occupy the seat.

“Hi, Jun,” I replied as I sat.,

It was when Baekhyun and Soojung entered the room with Baekhyun’s eyes darting in my direction. I exchanged looks with him as he walked to the seat next to Soojung’s. I heard Jun telling me something but I could not make out of it as I was busy watching Baekhyun.

“What?” I asked Jun as I turned to him.

“I said,” He said. “Would you like to have lunch later at the famous steakhouse two blocks away from here? I read a lot of reviews and heard they serve the best ones there.” He added.

I briefly darted my attention in Baekhyun’s direction and saw that he was busy talking to Soojung. I was wondering if he would like to have lunch together. 

“I uhm…” I turned to Jun once more. “I’m not sure actually if I wanted to eat steak today.”

“Oh, really?” Jun seemed surprised by my answer. “Then we can go with whatever you feel like eating later.”

Feeling like I didn’t have any choice, I nodded at him and smiled hesitantly.

 

∞⇢

The meeting started and it turned out that both the representatives and the Director of The Hamilton, himself physically joined us today.

The meeting was kinda tough as they checked every possible detail, making every department make comments and answer questions. It lasted for about an hour and a half discussing the things that we still have to cover for the remaining two months of the project.

He commended our hard work and congratulated everyone because the project is around 80% completed. In addition, he also mentioned his stay in one of the renowned beachside hotels in Busan and invited us to join him for a simple dinner tomorrow night as a token of appreciation while he is here in Korea.

Everyone in the meeting seemed to have been glad to accept his offer.

 

∞⇢

Once the meeting was over, we all walked to the elevator. I would have wanted to talk with Baekhyun of course but I was surrounded by Jun, Engr. Oh and Engr. Song seemed to have agreed to eat lunch together. Up until we got inside the elevator, I kept hoping I’d see Baekhyun but he seemed to have stayed inside the meeting room.

When we reached the parking area, I told Jun that I’d have to go to the restroom first. Of course, it was an alibi for me to send a message to Baekhyun.

Me:
I’m gonna go have lunch with Jun and the other Engineers. I’ll message you after we’re done.
11:47 PM

I looked at myself in the mirror to fix my hair and give my makeup a little retouch before I went out to meet Jun. Walking toward his spot, I saw him joined by Baekhyun and Soojung.

“Seol,” Jun called as soon as he saw me. “E&J are joining too.”

I immediately exchanged looks with Baekhyun who stood right next to Soojung. He was holding his phone in his hand which made me think that he must have read my message. I stopped right in between him and Jun. Soojung was just staring at me, her hands over her chest with her resting face, I’d love to ignore her.

“Are you okay now? Shall we go?”  Jun asked me.

I nodded as we walked ahead while I fought the urge not to dart my attention into Baekhyun’s attention.

“You didn’t bring your car right?” Jun turned to me. “So, did you commute?”

“I uhm…” I trailed off, “Yes, I took a cab.”

“Wow. That’s cool of you.” Jun replied. “My cars over there.” He pointed to the right corner.

“I guess we’ll meet you at the restaurant?” Soojung said as she seemed to have walked with Baekhyun to where his car was parked earlier.

“Yeah, the others will be meeting us there too,” Jun answered.

I caught sight of Baekhyun unlocking his car as Soojung walked to the passenger’s seat. I didn’t like the idea that she was going with him. Baekhyun and I had one last eye contact before Jun called me.

“Seol, c’mon.”

“Okay,” I said, catching up on him.

Ugh, I thought this was stressing me out. It was crazy how we seemed to date in secret. But then again, with Jun and Soojung around, we were in a complicated situation. It's not like we were hiding our relationship on purpose. One thing though, we have to figure out a way to come clean about our relationship because this is just another level of crazy.

 

∞⇢

All six of us were enjoying our food.

We talked about the project slightly and about the discussion earlier. Baekhyun and I were seated in between Jun and Soojung. If it was a good idea or not, I couldn’t be so sure yet.

While everyone was conversing, I accidentally held the bowl of freshly served soup. I almost caught everyone’s attention when because of the burning sensation I felt on my fingers.

“You okay?” It was Jun.

I froze at his question.

“Let me see your hand.” He added as he took my left hand which was in fact closer to Baekhyun. 

“It is fine, Jun,” I told him, attempting to retrieve my hand but he held it tighter.

It's weird knowing that my boyfriend was seated next to me yet another man is checking my hand. 

“You two seem pretty close.” It was Engineer Song who spoke.

Jun smirked at the question while my stress level went up to the roof. Now, people have to comment on Jun's gesture. I just hope Baekhyun doesn't say anything to make the situation worse. 

“Architect Kang and I have worked on numerous projects back in Europe, so yes, you could say we’re pretty close,” Jun replied while I took the chance to retrieve my hand from him.

“Thanks, Jun,” I muttered, placing my hand on my lap.

“By the way, how far is Busan from here?” Jun asked, thankfully changing the topic and taking the center of attention from me.

I would have listened to the conversation if not for Baekhyun’s hand joining mine on my lap. I tilted my head in his direction to face him and somehow sensed that he wanted to check my hand. Not wanting to grab more attention, I freely offered my hand to him under the table.

He held and massaged it gently while he joined the conversation of the others casually.

 

∞⇢

When we left the restaurant, I naturally had to leave with Jun once more. While Baekhyun and I did nothing more but glace at each other from afar.

Jun drove me back to my apartment building while we talked about going to Busan tomorrow afternoon. He offered to take his car and that he’d pick me up after lunch. I said yes because I didn’t know what else to say. Any alibi would seem weird at this point.

I checked my phone when I arrived at my unit and saw a message from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun:
I still have another meeting and a quick site visit for another project. I’ll call you when I’m done today.
2:18 PM

Baekhyun:
And make sure to check on the burn on your hand. I’ll drop by a pharmacy later for some ointment.
2:18 PM

An automatic smile painted my lips. Sure when we were briefly together in the past, he was also sweet and all but this is a bit different. Maybe because we’re more mature now and just to think that he’s getting out of his way to make sure he takes good care of me is melting my heart in so many ways.

Baekhyun:
Wait for me, hm?
2:20 PM

The curve on my lips went fuller reading his last message.

Me:
Yes, so make sure to come or else I won’t see you for days.
2:21 PM

Baekhyun:
Hah! I don’t think you can stand not seeing me for days. Cuz that would mean you can’t kiss me too for days.
2:22 PM

I laughed out loud in slight embarrassment, recalling how I initiated the kiss earlier.

Me:
I know I’m not the only one who thinks about kissing.
2:23 PM

Baekhyun:
Smart. I like that. Lol!
2:24 PM


I was typing in my reply when I received another message from him.

Baekhyun:
Sorry, I have to go now. Let’s resume flirting with each other later in person. (flying kiss emoji).
2:24 PM

I could not hold my laugh once more seeing the emoji that he used. I chose not to reply anymore since I didn’t want to disturb him any longer. I went to my room and threw my body on the mattress while I reread his messages. With a smile plastered on my face for a few seconds, I closed my eyes and prayed to God that nothing else could go wrong this time. I wanted everything to work this time. And that there’s absolutely nothing else I wanted more but a life with Baekhyun. My best friend.


∞⇢

4:31 PM

I fell asleep and woke up at the sound of my phone ringing. When I checked, it was my dad. It immediately made me nervous as random calls from my dad do not happen that often.

“Dad?”

“Hi, sweetie.” He greeted me in a casual tone which gave me relief somehow. “Are you busy?”

“No Dad, I’m just taking a rest at home, why? Is something up? Is Gramps okay?”

My father laughed probably to my obvious overthinking.

“Your gramps is fine.” He said.

“Oh, that’s good. How about you?”

“I’m good too but I’m away on a business trip in Pyeongsan, I should have been scheduled to go home after lunch but there have been some delays. So, I’d like to know if you’re able to watch over Gramps for a few hours tonight. I might be home after midnight.”

“Yeah. That’s fine.”

“Actually, he insisted that he would be just fine alone but honestly, I don't want him to be alone at night. So, if you could, please watch over him in the meantime while I’m not home yet. Maybe you could stay the night with us.”

“Uhm,” I trailed off remembering the Busan trip tomorrow. “I have somewhere work-related to go tomorrow after lunch but I’ll find a way to work things out, don’t worry Dad. I’ll just get ready and head to our house in a bit.”

“Okay, sweetie. Thank you. If you’re tired, then just take the bus so you won’t have to drive that long, okay?”

“Okay, Dad. Take care of yourself too. I’ll see you later.”

Wasting no time, I got up to fix myself. I changed into a simple white t-shirt, some straight-cut, medium-washed jeans, and white sneakers. I also gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter