Chapter 2 - The Realisation

My Lover in the Alternate Dimension

My heart fell into my stomach.

I found myself sitting in a pristine white hallway, similar to the washroom halways in shopping malls.

This was definetly not my school.

"I must be hallusinating...or I passed out in the toilet in shock and am dreaming now."

I got up slowly supporting myself on the washroom door and I ran into the wall in front of me in hope to knock myself awake.

However, I only ended up bruising my face and getting perturbed glances from by passers.

I entered the bathroom again anticipating my schools bathroom, of course all I saw was a much bigger and more luxurious bathroom than my school had.

Trying my luck, I opened the door of the washroom and walked out wishing to see my schools hallway but I was only greeted by the not so comforting ivory walls of the unknown white hallway.

I grabbed my hair in frustration, let out a string of curses and started banging my head against the white wall continuously.

Bypassers, yet again, gave me confused and weirded out stares as they walked past me.

I spun around and leaned against the wall with my head thrown back.

Finding it hard to breathe I closed my eyes and let my imagination engulf me.

A possibility that shocked the life out me crossed my mind.

I scrambled out of the hallway to where I assumed the way out was.

I opened the hallway doors and was welcomed by the sunlight that gently poored out of gigantic, crystal clear windows.

The floor was tiled in fine marble, which made every step a person took echo.

A chandelier made rainbow colors dance across the luxurious lobby.

I frantically looked around the enormous lobby of, what I assumed was an office.

Exquisite paintings hung from the rich, red walls and embroidered silk sofas were placed at the corners of the lobby.

A small Starbucks Cafe in one of those corners wafted the smell of coffee and cake around the area and I was definetly was gonna get myself one of those cakes later.

Eventually, I spotted what I was looking for.

The reception.

I ran over scaring the hell out of the receptionist when I suddenly slammed my hands down in her amber-colored wooded desk that had a green granite top. 

"Hello, umm...may I ask you where I am?"

The receptionist gave me a confused 'you-crazy' look but still proceeded to answer,

"This is the main office of Wang Coperation. I mean you should know that if you chose to be an intern here."

She gestured to my diaphragm.

I looked down and noticed a name card hanging around my neck.

I grabbed it and analised it, 
'Xiao Zhan, Intern at Wang Coperation, Age: 27'

"Wow this is convenient, did I go through time. Like 7 years passed?" I whispered to myself.

I turned back to the receptionist who looked very concerned.

"Umm could you help me search up Victoria Junior Collage, please?"

The receptionist hesitated but resorted to search up my school on her computer.

"Mr Zhan, there is no such junior collage." she showed me her computer.

This proved my hypothesis, I was in another dimension, in a dimension that looked exactly like my one.

I only saw this in chinese dramas, I never knew this would actually happen to me.

"God damm it!" I slammed my fist down on the counter, shocking the receptionist again. 

"Umm did I do something wrong?"

I quickly turned to her with a smile on my face bowing to her in apology,

"No sorry, I was just a little frustrated."

Since I was already in this situation, I decided to just go with the flow and accept what life throws at me.

I anyways would have flunked that math exam, if I'd start my working experience now I wouldn't have to learn SOME of the useless topics they teach in school which I would anyway never use in life. 

I adressed the receptionist yet again, even though I was sure she wanted me to leave as soon as possible in case I gave her another heart attack. 

"Umm, do you happen to know where the new interns have to assemble?" 

Finally, hearing me say something normal, she gave me a warm smile and gave me the directions and pointed out the approximate location to me.

 

Thanks for reading :)