Chapter 1 - Why me?

My Lover in the Alternate Dimension

It happened in the morning in the day of the math examination.

During morning assembly my brain was overflowing with thoughts.

The amount of thoughts rushing though my head was so much to the extent that I did not even know what I was thinking about. 

As I followed each train of thought they either led back to how I did not want to disappoint my parents or how I wished I would just disappear from school life and studying. 

I am not very good at my studies...I proberly am the first from last place in my class when it comes to grades.

My classmates on the other hand have no problem studying on their own will, whether they liked it or not.

Sadly, this is not the case for me.

I had situated myself down at a desk and told myself that I had to study. 

But as the minutes ticked by, the sky became darker and my paper left unwritten, I realised I was incapable of studying.

The sharp ringing of the school bell cut through the air signalling the end of morning assembly. 

The teacher commanded us to put our bags in front and get ready to start the exam. 

Swiftly raising my hand to get the teachers attention, I rose from my seat along with all the other students who scrambled to the front to drop their bags. 

"May I go to the bathroom, please?"

Though I was given an irritated glare, a small nod of approval graunted my wish.

I trudged slowly to the washroom at the end of the hallway, with every step the chatter of students drowning out more and more. 

I stopped in front of the bathroom and stared into void darkness. 

I then proceeded to stick only my hand into the bathroom hoping for the light sensor to detect my motion.

I was pretty sure how ridiculous I must have looked like but I definetly was not going to step into a dark bathroom with my safety at stake. 

When the lights finally flickered on, I walked into a cubicle and started my business.

I should have predicted what was going to happen next because it was not the first time bathroom lights switched off with no alarm while I was still in the toilet.

Left with no choice, I grabbed the toilet roles which were laying next to me in abundent numbers, for some weird reason, and started throwing them from my cubicle all over the bathroom in hope that the sensor would activate again.

However, within seconds everything got worse.

The door of the bathroom that stood wide open and provided the last source of light for me to be able to see my hands was suddenly slammed shut.

I finally understood why we, men, urinate while standing, that is because escaping from creepy situations and running away was extremely efficient.

I let out the most unmanliest scream possible, pulled up my pants, pryed open the cubicle door and dashed to where I presumed the door was.

I stummbled and tripped over my own feet a few times before I grasped the handle of the washroom door and pushed it down.

I pushed the door open with marked difficulty and when I got all my body parts out of that washroom I pressed my back against the door and slowly slid down the door. 

My eyes still pursed close, sweat dripping down my face and my heart beating what seemed like two hundred times per second, I was trying hard not to choke on the air I was sharply breathing in.

Giving a little wimper of relief, I opened my eyes to face yet another shocking sight that left me in great confusion.

 

Thanks for reading... :)