π‘ͺ𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒕q

π‘ͺπ’šπ’ˆπ’π’–π’” qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜† When Hotshot redebuts, an applyficq APPLY NOW!
cheatsheet
the bare necessities First of all, the timeline might be a bit complicated so I will make a summary here for you guys to make it easier to apply:

October 2014: Hotshot makes their debut and releases consistent music videos for 6 months
July 2015: I'm a hotshot gets released, after that it's suddenly radio silence until their Japanese release, Step by step
June 2016: Step by step is released, Hypatia suffers an injury and can't perform the dance, after this, radio silence again
April 2017: Hotshot shows signs of life, because Produce 101 season 2 starts, and Amateru and Phobetor are participating
June 2017: Produce 101 season 2 ends, with Amateru being eliminated before the final in place 25, Phobetor however gets 11th in the final, and debuts with Wanna one in August
July 2017: Surprise! Hotshot is finally back with Jelly, trying to ride off Amateru's newfound popularity, while Phobetor isn't allowed to promote with Hotshot during his time with Wanna one.
October 2017: Another surprise! Produce 101 season 2 got their own IBI with JBJ, consisting of people that reached the top 35, but not the final top 20. Amateru is included and debuts with the group. At the exact same time, The Unit starts, and Timoteo and Orbitar participate on that show. Timoteo was first place in the voting in the first episode.
February 2018: The Unit ends. Orbitar gets an astonishing 3rd place and ends up debuting with UNB, Timoteo however ended 10th, just not making the cut.
April 2018: UNB and Orbitar make their debut with Boyhood. At the same time, JBJ's contracts end, and they disband. Amateru returns to Hotshot.
November 2018; Hotshot releases early flowering, which would be their last release ever.
December 2018: Wanna one officially disbands, but Phobetor has such a popularity gap that the old CEO tells him to stay away from Hotshot, and he debuts solo instead.
January 2020: Proxima B enlists, which was expected.
February 2020: Phobetor enlists, which came as a surprise to people. It was his own choice to go at this time.
December 2020: Hotshot officially disbands and Star crew gets shut down. A few days later, stylist Min Jiyeon calls Hotshot back and reveals her plans of Cygnus. Amateru, Hypatia and Orbitar enlist together, away from the public eye.
June 2021: Jiyeon, now the CEO, reveals her plans for Cygnus and starts to recruit new members. She ends up with about 10 trainees. Not too long after, Proxima B returns and joins training, to the surprise of the other trainees, who did not expect original Hotshot members to be part of the group.
July 2021: Now Phobetor also returns and joins the trainees, which caused an even bigger shock amongst them. The outside world knows nothing about what's going on and who's currently training in Star Crew.
October 2021: Dagon, Arion, Brahe and Saffar get picked from the trainee pool to form Cygnus with Proxima B and Phobetor. They start training as a group and preparing for debut. The trainees know that this is not the full line-up, but again, Star crew is keeping their secrets very well, so they're the only ones that know.
December 2021:Β finally, 7 years after Hotshot debuted, Cygnus debuts. Not everyone was supportive because of the , Phobetor's toxic fanbase, fans not trusting Star crew and Proxima B already nearing his thirties, but they attracted a solid, wide fanbase of both old and new fans.
June 2022: Amateru, Hypatia and Orbitar return from the military and join the group, but it's kept a secret until their comeback.
September 2022: it took a while for their comeback, because of the low budget and the wait for amateru, hypatia and orbitar. Fans were angry, thinking that they would end up dead again, just like Hotshot, but once that it's revealed that the other three have returned, Cygnus gets a lot of buzz. This comeback gave them three music videos and Jiyeon really pumped out everything she could, and it worked. Cygnus gained more attention. They were far from the top, but they could go on and showed promise. From now on, they would have frequent releases of higher quality, Cygnus has finally really debuted.
Β 
The story will start when Cygnus is created aka the four new babies are selected. So in the beginning, Amateru, Hypatia and Orbitar won't be present, well, they will appear from time to time but keep in mind that they will only really start appearing a few chapters into the story, but I'll try to get there quick.
Β 
Oof, now that that's out of the way, let's get to the basics. To make it easy for us all, I'll refer to Proxima b, Amateru, Phobetor, Hypatia and Orbitar as Hotshot, and Dagon, Arion, Brahe and Saffar as the new babies.
Β 
Firstly, the age range is quite different between Hotshot and the babies, they're stated in the plotlines but Hotshot ranges from 1992 to 1994 (old men smh) while the babies are 1999 to 2003 (babies, yes). It will look pretty weird but believe me, its gonna be cute as heck (and original Yoonsan still fits with the babies so..). Since Hotshot was all Korean, those plotlines will all be Korean as well for ethnicity, but of course they can have a different nationality. The babies are free, but at least half east-asian. It might be weird that I also specified the heights in the plotlines but it's just a fun gimmick that I thought of because Hotshot always had a funny height difference, and adding a few tall young cubs would make it even better, poor tiny line, they're going to suffer. I did want to have one tiny baby though, to blend in with the tiny line, and who else would be better to be tiny than the badass rapper? Hell yeah. I think I'm a genius for this one. Generally Hotshot's plotlines are stricter, they don't need to be carbon copies of Hotshot, but I still want them to have the hotshot vibes, you know? Like a real alternate universe Hotshot. Because of that, I left the babies pretty open when it comes to plotlines in case you don't have anything that fits any of the Hotshot boys. Languages can be 4 max, 2 fluent max, if you want more you'd need a good explanation for it. Faceclaims can be anyone, but if it's a celebrity with not that many easy to find pictures, it would be really appreciated if you made a gallery for them. I do it for my esports pros too. I'd rather not have any race-bending and not too much age-bending but if you get a REALLY good one for age-bendingΒ I might accept it. When your character is a halfie you can pick one from both sides, except if its like half caucasian and you pick a fully white, blue-eyed guy.... that's unrealistic, come on. I mean it more like a japanese-korean being allowed both a japanese and korean fc. Also, if you make a foreigner, it's definitely fine to pick a faceclaim from that country, like a cpop idol for a chinese boy, for example.
Β 
For the personality, I'd like to see at least 4 negative and positive traits. Try to keep these two equal and add neutral traits if they add to the character. Please, no gary stus, if you only pick negative traits that can be considered cute or good, I'll call you out for it. At least two paragraphs for the personality, please! Same goes for the background. Tell me how they grew up, how they got into music, how they got into cygnus... Just tell the important stuff. You can go in as much detail as you want but I always think quality over quantity. P.ssw.rd is a song suggestion. You can write a 10K essay but it better have 10K words worth of information in there, then! Then we come to the trivia, the party place. There will be minimal amounts for trivia put in the app, but don't be afraid to do more! Actually, more than the minimal amount is very appreciated. Tell me every single tidbit about your character. The special talents section is what they'd show off on variety shows. The e ___ says section is where you put the quotes of your character, but it's optional. You can add anything you want to this like incorrect quotes or superlatives... Just go for it! Do everything you want to do.
Β 
the relationships The relationship section is where you... well... put your character's relationships! Collabs with other applicants (and my boy!) are definitely encouraged to see how they'd bond with the team. Maybe there will be a pair that doesn't get along, who knows! I personally dont put parents here because I hate coming up with parent characters but you can always put them there if you want to! I do tend to prefer it if the siblings are present. But only put those who you find important to your character! Friends, enemies, crushes, people that crush on you, ultimate bias that they might meet... Throw them all in! You can follow the format in the app or use the format you prefer. If they're going to meet someone in the future, state when and how they'll meet, please!
Β 
Love interest can be anyone as long as they're human and acceptable according to age. I allow a maximum of 7 years for a couple of adults, and 2 years for underage people (or a couple of one barely underage and one barely legal child, like 17-19 if you know what I mean). It can be another celebrity that exists irl or an OC thats a celebrity or a normal person, it can be anyone, really, except if its some sort of camgirl (istg I will never forget that... it happened in my very first applyfic). Of course, it is also allowed to have none, or multiple, but I won't allow any cheating from your character, so they're either like in a love triangle or smth or the love interests come after each other (date one, break up, then the other one says hi or smth). There will be a dating ban for 1 year for the Hotshot boys and 2 years for the babies, but Jiyeon will be quite soft on them so its not like they'd be banished to hell by her if they break the dating rule, especially not the Hotshot guys, I mean, they need to find lovers asap, they're nearing their thirties god dammit. Of course, Jiyeon is open as love interest! There is a bit of info on her on the profile page, if you need more info just shoot me a dm or comment. She will only be open for the Hotshot boys though, since her and one of the babies would be a no-no and she has already known the hotshot guys for a long time. But oh boy, don't expect any favouritism of her if you're dating her! Also, almost forgot, but my Orbitar boy is also always open for a love interest!
Β 
the idol You probably know it by now but part of these plotlines are old idols from Hotshot. They don't have to be carbon copies of Hotshot of course, but there are some specifications to keep the timeline and I also want the vibes to remain the same, if you know what I mean. Talent twins should fit the position, but esp Amateru is a bit loose since Taehyun can rap, and is a lead vocal, but in this story, he would've lost the lead vocal position to the new babies, but he'd still be a lead vocal level. Saffar is just a vocalist, but he has a talent in smth else that makes up for it. Dance and vocal twins are required for everyone. Rap twins are mandatory for the rapper positions and Amateru, but optional for the others.
Β 
Trainee life is at least one paragraph and it talks about their trainee life, duhh...Β  It's about the stuff that goes on once jiyeon takes over and they start training as cygnus. I mean, Hotshot's training time was in 2014... it has been ages, rip. For the hotshot members, the trainee years is about how much they trained before hotshot, and for the babies it's about how much they trained before cygnus. It is at least 6 months in Star crew for the babiesΒ since Jiyeon recruited them all after cygnus' reveal, but they could have trained somewhere else before that, but its not mandatory, maybe they're fresh out of the trainee oven, maybe they have trained since before hotshot was even a thing.
Β 
the stuff to look out forΒ If you think I forgot something, please tell me asap, I tend to forget things so I'd really appreciate it if you let me know if you find something, or have an issue, or need help! Below are the taken things and brownie points.
Β 
Taken things: Orbitar plotline, Kang Taeoh as faceclaim, Hotshot's Hojung as talent twin (I'm too lazy to look for fitting talent twins that aren't Hojung, rip), Rainbow's Jisook as fc for Min Jiyeon, Park Minwoo as another staff member, esports player Sangyoon as the last staff.
Β 
Brownie points:
- matching hotshot's vibes but still making them different
- grumpy tiny line
- dramatic stuff around Phobetor because of his fanbase and stuff
- tbh I'm really not having that many rn, I'm really open for this story, just make a character that you like and think would fit in the group!
- if you start working on the app, please tag it as cygnus so I can snoop around!
Β 
Β 
Β 
Β