Unanswered Question

She,Who Made Me

4 years ago...

“Thank you,papa~Don’t forget to pick me up at 3,okay~”

A brunette with her hair tied up in a bun and a pink tracksuit on left a small peck on her father’s cheek before getting off the car that was driven by the man.

“Yes,papa won’t forget~Have fun,princess~Papa loves you~”

“Okay~I love you too,papa~”

Waving a goodbye to her beloved father with a bright smile on her shibalike face,she then watched the car disappeared from her sight before turning around to find her best friend’s presence at the ballet academy.Her eyes lit up when she saw that latter who seemed to be looking for her.Giggling to herself,she jogged before carefully tiptoed behind the girl.Tapping on her friend’s shoulder,causing that friend to turn around to greet her whose now grinning widely.

“Oh,Sana-chan…I was worried since you came pretty late.”

“Hehe sorry for making you wait,Mina-chan~My dad just came home from outstation this morning~So we kinda lost track of time when we were talking and playing games together~”

Hearing the explanation given by the girl,Mina smiled.

“Oh..That’s okay~So,should we enter now?”

“Wait.”

“Hmm?”

The penguin tilted her head as she waited for the squirrel to response which she did by crossing their arms together,putting another smile on Mina’s face.

“Okay~Let’s go hehe~”

“Okay~”

Both of them walked up the stairs while keeping their conversation going when Sana started a new topic that morning.

“Ohh by the way,Mina-chan~”

“Hmm?”

“Did I tell you?”

“Hmm?Tell me?Tell me what?”

The penguin raised her eyebrows in question as they stepped their feet in front of the studio.

“Tanaka sensei told me that we’ll be getting a new friend soon~”

Hearing the news,Mina stopped her hand from sliding the door open just yet.

“Ehh really?”

“Yes~~I can’t wait to get to know her~~Don’t you too,Mina-chan?”

“Hmm yeah I-I guess…But,I’m more comfortable with you,Sana-chan.”

Hearing such a sincere comment from her best friend,Sana chuckled before hugging the penguin tightly.

“Hehe Mina-chan is so nice to me hehe~”

“Silly,of course you’re my best friend~”

The two of them then laughed at their own antics.

“Okay okay,let’s be serious now,Sana-chan~Tanaka sensei might scold us since we are a bit late~”

“Hehe okay okay~”

The cheerful squirrel then stood straight beside Mina before sending the signal that she’s ready to be scolded.As for the penguin who got the signal,Mina shook her head with a smile,knowing well Sana’s naturally unique personality.She then slided the door open when her eyes caught a figure she had not seen before in their studio.

“Hello~”

“Ahh Sana-chan,Mina-chan…I thought you guys are absent today..Why are you late?”

The woman in her late 20s put her hands on her waist while trying to be angry at her students for being late.

“Ohh cmon,Tanaka sensei~~You are too cute to be angry~~”

The brunette entered the studio as she ballet teacher,grinning playfully at the reaction that she got.

“Oh my gosh,Sana-chan~How many times do I have to tell you to not flirt with me in our class.”

Hearing the claim,Sana pouted her lips after putting down her bag.

“Ehh then…I can flirt with you outside of the class?”

Winking at the end of her sentence,Sana made the students who were in the studio with them cheered as they watched the ‘argument’ while the target teacher just shook her head.

“Yeah yeah but now,let’s start our lesson for today,shall we class?”

“YES~”

“Oh but before that…We have a new student here who will join us…Her name is Mo-..Mina-chan?Why are you still there?”

The woman turned to look at the penguin who’s still frozen at the door frame.

“Yeah,Mina-chan?Are you okay?”

The squirrel once again joined the conversation.

“…”

“Mina-chan?”

Tanaka sensei signalled Sana to check on Mina who’s not giving them any response.Jogged to the door,Sana did as she was told to.Shaking Mina’s arm,the squirrel dragged the penguin back to the world.

“H-huh?”

“Are you okay?You’ve been staring at the new student…Do you perhaps know her,Mina-chan?”

There’s a hint of concern in Sana’s voice when Mina just shook her head.

“Hmm okay then..Let’s sit first…Tanaka sensei wanted us to meet the new student..”

“O-okay..”

Taking Mina with her,both of them finally took a seat.

“Okay,now that I got everyone’s attention…Here beside me is your new friend…She will be joining us starting from today.”

Tanaka sensei smiled at the new student before she proceed with their very first activity.

“Okay now,Momo.Introduce yourself to the class please.

The girl then nodded before facing the whole class with a smile on her face.

“Yes,Tanaka sensei.”

She bowed before starting to introduced herself.

“Hello,everyone~My name is Hirai Momo and I’m from Kyoto… I’ve been learning ballet since I was 7 years old because I really love it.This is my first time in Tokyo…I hope we all can be friends.”

Mina’s POV

She dotted her greeting with a smile before her eyes then collapsed with mine.It was as if time stopped to allow us to appreciate that moment where everyone else disappeared,leaving only the both of us there.She was staring into mine,I was staring into hers when I felt butterflies in my stomach while my heart began to race for who knew what reason.It seemed like this effect didn’t really wear off since the very first time I landed my eyes on her minutes ago.

End of Mina’s POV

Momo bowed down once again while the students giving her an applause.

“Okay~Great and now,Momo…You can take a seat first for now..We’ll be discussing about something first then we’ll start our lesson,alright?”

“Yes,Tanaka sensei.”

Mina didn’t know if she was just imagining it,but she swore that it felt like Momo was heading towards where she was seating and Sana elbowing her just proved her point.

“Mina-chan look~She’s gonna sit with us hehe I’m so happy she chose us~~”

The bubbly squirrel looked up as she grinned at the new girl before patting at the empty spot beside her.

“Sit here sit here~”

“Thanks~”

She thanked,flashing another smile to the duo as they returned the same favour.

“Your welcome~I’m Minatozaki Sana by the way~This is Myoui Mina,my best friend~”

Sana whispered,introducing herself as well as Mina which Momo then did the same.

“Nice to meet you,Minatozaki-san..Myoui-san…I’m Hirai Momo.”

Mina could just imagine how nervous and awkward more she would be if Sana wasn’t there,leading the situation.She’s thankful to that best friend of hers now that she could at least try to not look stupid in front of the new girl who she might have liked a bit more than she should be.

“Nice to meet y-you too,Hirai-san”

The girl threw a small smile at the penguin,somehow making her heart clenched harder.

“Oh you can just call me Sana tho~And by the way,Momo-chan~Was your journey from Kyoto to here f-“

Sana was about to keep their chit-chat going when their teacher cut off.

“Sana-chan~What did I say about chatting while I’m in front of here?”

Hearing the warning,Sana grinned.

“Hehe~Sorry,Tanaka sensei~My badd~”

The woman shook her head before getting into their real topic which God knew Mina didn’t give a single attention to what they were discussing about since she was too busy stealing glances at that person who’s sitting next to her bubbly best friend.However,it wasn’t until Tanaka sensei eventually realised that the student wasn’t really paying attention to her class.

“Mina-chan…”

Hearing her name being called,Mina turned her head as fast as she could to face her teacher when that woman proceed with her next sentence.

“Y-Yes?”

“I know you too,excited about getting a new friend her just like Sana-chan but please..Can it wait until my class is over?”

With her face turning crimson when she found out that she was caught red handed by that lady in front of her,Mina nodded as she glued her eyes to the floor,not daring to meet the eyes.

“Y-yes,Tanaka sensei…I’m sorry…”

The lesson then went smoothly after Sana got some scolding from the ballet teacher for laughing at Mina.

“Okay~That’s it for today,girls~Get a lot of sleep tonight,see you tomorrow,okay?”

“Yes,Tanaka sensei~”

Mina put her green track suit back on while her eyes finding Momo at the corner of the studio.The girl seemed to be in a hurry.One step before she got out of the studio,she stopped to reach for her phone in her pocket as her worried expression slowly faded on her face.It looked like she was relieved or so.Mina would be lying if she said she’s not feeling a bit sad that she didn’t get to talk properly with her and somehow her best friend who just appeared beside her understood everything as if she read Mina’s mind.

“Mina-chan~”

Sana whispered as she scooted closer to the penguin who just picked her bag up.

“Hmm?”

“You wanna talk to her too,right?”

“H-huh?Hmm y-yes I guess…”

“Then,I’ll ask her if she wants to walk with us,okay?”

Not even minding to get an answer,Sana skipped her way happily to Momo who was about to get out of the studio.After a few minutes of talking to the new girl,the squirrel then skipped back her way to Mina to deliver the great news.

“She said yes hehe~Let’s go,Mina-chan~”

Dragging the penguin,Sana lead their way to Momo.

“Hey~~We’re here,Momo-chan~”

“Hi..Myoui-san…”

“U-um it’s okay…You can call me Mina..”

“Oh…Okay,Mina-san..”

Mina couldn’t help but to feel her cheeks getting warm when she heard the girl called her by her name.

“So guys~Let’s gooo~”

Leading their way once again,Sana walked in between the two other girls while she kept going on about her losing track of time story and Mina felt sorry that she couldn’t really hear what her best friend was going on about since her heart kept telling her to steal glances at the new girl who’s with them.Second glance,third glance,Mina somehow get caught again but by the person she was looking at this time.Panic at the moment,Mina saw Momo who just let out silent chuckles that made her tummy felt more like a zoo than just butterflies this time.Mina froze before her brain could process what she was supposed to do next.

“-na,Mina-chan~Excuse me,Myoui-san~~”

Sana shook Mina’s body,pulling the girl out from her frozen world.

“H-huh?”

“Did something possessed you,Mina-chan?Are you,Mina-chan?Hello.Who am I?”

Worried about her not really herself best friend,Sana shot bullets of question to the latter.

“H-Huh?I-I’m okay,Sana…W-What do you mean possessed?”

“Duh~You sure do look like it today…Since we entered the studio…”

The bubbly squirrel narrowed her eyes as she stared at the penguin with a suspicious look.

“Wait…Wait…Does this mean that there’s a ghost now in the studio?It possessed you right,Mina-chan?Ohhh what am I supposed to do~Should we tell Tanaka sensei to get rid of it”

Sana hugged the mentioned girl tight while Momo who’s behind them just chuckled,making both of the duo to look at her.

“Sorry~You guys are funny~”

“I meannn~It could be right thoo,Momo-chan…I mean look at Mina-chan…Are you,Mina-chan?”

“Sana-chan no…I am Mina and I’m not being possessed by anything.”

“For real?”

“Yes for real…”

“Then answer me…What am I in my past life?”

The girl who was clinging onto Mina,questioned with such a serious expression on her face.

“Shiba..Shiba inu,Sana-chan..”

Hearing the correct answer,Sana hugged Mina even tighter.

“Hooray~You are Mina-chan~”

Chuckling due to her best friend’s silliness,Mina shook her head.

“Of course,silly…Now let me go,okay?I can’t breath”

“Oh yeah hehe~”

“Anyway what were you telling before tho,Sana-chan?”

“Ohhh,I was saying that my dad might come earlier so you accompany Momo-chan here okay?Momo-chan said her driver would come late today,right Momo-chan?”

Nodding to the question,Mina realised that it would be just the two of them there if Sana went home first.Just the thought of that made Mina’s heart skipped double and Mina wasn’t sure if she could survive that situation.

“B-But Sana-chan,I-“

“Ohh my dad is heree~See you guys tomorrow~”

Sana then ran without giving the flustered penguin a chance to speak,leaving just Mina and Momo there.

“Gone she goes now…”

Mina looked to her side with a shy smile on her face which the latter replied by doing the same.

“So…when is your driver coming?”

“I..Don’t know…They said there are some problem going on with the car..”

Momo looked down at her feet as her hands were clenching on her backpack.

“Ohh I see..Umm,do you wanna come with me then later?I-I mean,I can send you home if that’s what you want of course or maybe this is too early to ask that…”

Mina scratched her nape,looking down while her cheeks started to feel warm due to the offer she just made out of nowhere while Momo just shook her head with a small smile formed on her lips.

“It’s okay,thanks for the offer..But my parents won’t like that..”

“Ohh…”
 

Silence then took over their small before a sport car stopped near where they were standing.Recognising that flashy car,Mina turned to look at Momo.

“Just a minute..I’ll be back~”

She threw a smile before heading towards the car while Momo just watched them as the window rolled down,revealing a young man in his early 20s.They were talking for quite some minutes before the window rolled up and the car sped up,leaving both of the girls there.

“That’s my older brother,Kai..He just came from his practice to take me home.”

“Ohh…Umm why aren’t you going back then?”

“Ohh I told him that umm I wanna wait with you here first..”

Mina smiled,showing her gummy before she proceed.

“So…wanna grab ice creams while we wait here?”

God knew how Mina had such a courage to ask that.

The bell rang as the teenagers entered the convenience store,greeted by the part-time worker there.

“What kind of ice cream do you want,Momo-san?”

Mina asked as she took a yam ice cream in her hand.

“Green tea please”

“Okay~It’s on me,alright?”

The penguin grabbed the one Momo wanted before walking to the counter,followed by the latter.

“But I can pay,Mina-san~”

“Yes I know but I want to,please take it as our friendship starter,Momo-san~”

Mina once again flashed another smile,tickling something inside Momo’s chest.

“Thank you…”

“Thank you,have a nice day~”

The girls walked out of the store with ice creams in each their hand.

“Let’s sit on that bench,shall we?”

Nodded to the question,Momo followed Mina’s lead.They then laid their bottoms on the bench which was under a big tree.

“Enjoy your ice cream,Momo-san~”

“Yes~”

As silence now dominated the situation before Mina slipped a question in between.

“Momo-san…”

She started off by calling for the girl beside her.

“Hmm?”

“Do you…like it here?”

Mina turned to meet the girl’s eyes who immediately avoided hers.She’s been meaning to ask the girl this question since she saw the sad look in her eyes back in the studio.

“I do..”

“I see..I hope you do..”

A few seconds went by before Momo added.

“I just…”

“You just?”

As she was about open to continue,a black limousine stopped in front of them before a middle age man got out of the car.He walked towards Momo before bowing down as she greeted the girl.

“My deeply apologise,Young Miss...The car is now fine,I shall take you home...Your violin teacher is waiting for you there.”

The man stood straight as she patiently waited for her young miss’s answer.

“It’s okay,Nakamura-san…Let’s just go home now…”

She smiled as she stood up.Throwing the balance of her half eaten ice cream,Momo thanked Mina before following her driver into the car,leaving the penguin there alone with more questions lingering on her mind.

- To be continued -