Crystal Clear

She,Who Made Me

“Mina-chan~~I’m done~~”

The girl with an oversized white t-shirt and a blue jeans skipped her way happily with a big smile on her face before she linked her arm with the mentioned girl who seemed to has her eyes glued to someone else at the other side of the field.

“Mina-chan?”

The bright girl once again called for the girl who’s named Mina,finally got to drag the penguin out of her deep thoughts.

“Huh?Oh Sana-chan.”

Mina answered before her eyes finding their ways back to where they previously belong,causing Sana to follow them as well where she saw a girl who’s busy painting something on her canvas below a tree.The girl seemed to be struggling with her painting when she put down the canvas she was using,joining another similar paintings of hers that were laying on the grass.She then took a new canvas and started her new one as if there were something wrong in every painting she made before,not realising that the Japanese girls were watching her from afar.

“Who’s that?You know her?”

Hearing the question brought up by the other girl,the corners of Mina’s lips curled up as she shook her head slowly.

“Who knows…”

“Ahhhh~~~No wonder she looks familiar somehoww~~Mina-channn~~She’s that girl~~”

Sana bounced happily as she shook Mina’s body almost too violently,catching other members of the club’s attention.

“S-Sana~~I told you not to be loud about it~~”

Mina’s cheeks turned scarlet as she glued her eyes to her hands that were under the table.It’s her fault too for telling the squirrel.She should have known better that this cheerful bestfriend of hers would react this way when she told her about this little memories from a month ago.

5 minutes ago…

“Sorry for being…late..”

“Oh Chaeyoung~Finally~~Meet our vice president,Jihyo and our new member,Mina.”

Nayeon stood up as she introduced the new people to the art student.

“Ahh…Nice to meet you,Jihyo-ssi and M-Mina-ssi..”

Chaeyoung bowed down with her hands gripping her backpack straps,meanwhile Mina had her hand covering as if something surprised her.

“Y-yes nice to meet you too..”

“This is Chaeyoung.She’s an art student.A friend of our Dahyun here and Tzuyu who’s absent today.”

Nayeon explained while the people who just met,greeted each other.

“Oh wow you’re quite responsible today huh,Nayeon eonnie?Anyway nice to meet you too,Chaeyoung.I hope these two dorks here aren’t giving you hard times.Also just called me Jihyo eonnie.”

Jihyo gave Chaeyoung a warm smile as she went in for a handshake which the cub accepted politely.

“No it’s okay,Jihyo eonnie.”

“Sheesh Jihyo.You’re worried for nothing.I’m a great president okay.Jeongyeon can tell you.Right Jeongyeonnie?”

The bunny put on her innocent smile,knowing that the younger couldn’t resist this side of her.

“H-hmm y-yeah I guess you could say so..”

“See??I can handle this without your help.”

Nayeon crossed her arms,getting proud of herself.

“Yeah right,Jeongyeon just can’t resist your charm,that’s why.”

The girl laughed before she turned her focus to the new members,leaving Nayeon who’s pouting.

“So,Sana,Mina,Chaeyoung,Dahyun…And the other girl,Tzuyu right?Let’s get to know each other more.”

Current time…

“S-Sana~~I told you not to be loud about it~~”

“What what who why?”

Dahyun being nosy as usual,sticking her nose into the Japanese duo’s business.

“No the thing is..”

Sana was about to open when she closed it again before she began to whisper something to her bestfriend whose now face turned as red as tomato.

“Hehe..”

The Japanese who seemed satisfied with the reaction she got finally took a seat again with a grin plastered on her face.

“Is there anything wrong,Sana?Is Mina alright?”

“Ah?Ehehehehe she’s fine~~No need to worry about it,Jihyo-chan~”

Sana answered while squeezing Mina’s sweaty palm,leaving others confused.

“Okay then..So,back to our topic..Chaeyoung,you are an art student right?”

Jihyo turned her head to face the cub who’s been real quiet since the meeting first started.

“A-ah?Yes I am..”

“And Dahyun too..Then Sana who’s in psychology major,Tzuyu in veterinary science and Mina from dance major…”

The mentioned girls nodded before the vice president continued.

“So basically we’re doing a project between freshmen..Although Mina and Sana aren’t,they still have to join since they are new members of this club.But before I go into further details..Nayeon eonnie,did you tell them about this?”

Hearing the unexpected question,Nayeon hide behind Jeongyeon who’s instead being the one to answer on behalf of the older,making Jihyo’s lips turned into a straight thin line.

“Nope,she didn’t..It’s a miracle that she didn’t forget to give them the forms to fill in tho.”

“I kinda knew that but good job still,eonnie..I’m going to handle this now so girls,you are going to work in a group of 3 and 2 to create something artistic..I don’t set any theme here so you’re free to make anything..Any kind of art and for the purpose of you to get to know each other more…I’ve already split you for each group of not someone you already knew..So since Sana and Tzuyu aren’t from art related major,Dahyun is going to be in their group to help them while Mina and Chaeyoung are going to work just the 2 of them since both of them are from art related major..Will that be okay?”

“But I kinda wanna work with Chaeng,Jihyo eonnie..”

Dahyun voiced out her thoughts while leaning her head to the table,trying to persuade the senior.

“Yes but you both already knew each other,even classmates right?”

“Yeahh I guess you’re right..Okay then…”

The tofu answered weakly,not being able to defend herself anymore.

“Great~Thanks for coorperating,Dahyun~”

“Thank you,Dahyun-chan~~I’m looking forward to work with you”

Sana smiled happily,meanwhile Dahyun just nodded.

“Okay then,Chaeyoung..”

 

(The place they’re sitting at the table)

          Jeongyeon Nayeon    Dahyun

Jihyo

          Mina          Sana          Chaeyoung

 

Jihyo turned her gaze from the papers in her hands to the cub just to find Chaeyoung who had her eyes on Mina.The roles then were suddenly reversed when the penguin turned her head to look at Chaeyoung with both of them not realising that Jihyo was watching them.Clearing ,the vice president called for the cub once again,

“Ehem Chaeyoung..You’re Tzuyu’s roommate,right?”

“Huh?Y-yes?”

“Please tell her about this so that she can work with her teammates~”

“Y-yes,I will”

“And good luck with the project with Mina and Mina?”

“Y-yes?”

“I hope you’ll work it out with our Chaeyoung here.”

Jihyo sent a warm smile for the both of the girls,before they moved on to the next topic.

“So,next thing is..”

“That’s all for today~And as I mentioned earlier,hope you guys come up with something for the next 2 weeks.See you and have a nice day everyone.”

Chaeyoung’s POV

I packed my bag quickly as the meeting was finally over.There were too many things happening to me that I couldn’t understand since the moment I laid my eyes on the same girl again.With my heart beating like crazy at the thought of she’s just a seat away from me.Perhaps I could blame the running the other night but right now,my heart had absolutely no reason to beat at such an essential pace like this.I couldn’t even focus nor took my eyes off her while the meeting was going on.For me to steal cheap glances like that,it wasn’t even necessary,was it? It’s already a miracle that I met her face to face for the first time and now I’m being grouped to work with her on a project.There’s no way I could look at her right in her eyes again.Right now,I need to leave as soon as I could and find excuses to stay away from her,so this weird behaviour of me won’t continue.

End of Chaeyoung’s POV

Chaeyoung was ready to leave the clubroom when this familiar soft spoken voice talked to her,grabbing her attention in an instant.

“C-Chaeyoung?”

“Yes?”

Chaeyoung answered too quickly which was not in her plan while Sana nudged her bestfriend to continue the talk.

“You guys talk,okay?Imma head first.See ya at our room,Mina~”

Sana winked as she walked passed them,leaving Mina,sighing internally.

“Urm..When do you wanna discuss about our project?”

“A-ah that..Hmm I don’t know,Mina-ssi..When are you free?”

“I won’t be free tomorrow and the next day..

“Ah I see…What about this weekend?On Saturday?We’re free of classes on Saturday,right?”

“Y-yes yes that would be perfect.We can take our time and there’ll be no need to rush things,right?”

Mina’s eyes gleamed while her lips curled up,showing her gummy smile as Chaeyoung nodded slowly.She still couldn’t understand what was this but her heartbeat won’t just calm down at the fact that this girl now in front of her,smiling.It’s just a smile.Everyone except Chaeyoung could do that and Chaeyoung had seen it too many times yet she was’t even behaving like this then why?What is this?

“Y-yeah…”

“See you on Saturday then,Chaeyoung..”

Mina bid the cub a goodbye as she walked out of the now empty clubroom.Everyone else was already gone home and there’s the cub who had planned to go back first ended up being the last just because of that girl.Chaeyoung let out a heavy sigh as she let herself settle down on the chair.Blinking too fast,she put her arm on her chest as she took a deep breath.She knew there’s no more excuse she could come up with to defend this weird behaviour of hers.She didn’t know what was the cause and why.She couldn’t explain it.Letting herself sink in her own thoughts,Chaeyoung just sat there still while the chilly breeze hit her skin,trying to give her hints.

“I’m back~”

The cub shut the door before she laid herself on the messy bed.

“Welcome back,Chaeyoung-ahh~”

Tzuyu who was in the middle of her studying,answered without feeling the need to look at the person who just arrived.There was just a line of silence between them before Chaeyoung broke it with the news from the vice president.

“Jihyo eonnie…”

The cub started off.

“Hmm?”

“She said all the new members of the club need to participate in a project…”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah..”

“And?”

“She splitted us in a group of 2 and 3…Dahyun and Sana eonnie are with you.”

“Oh okay…How do I discuss with them then?About the project?”

“I’ll give you Dahyun’s phone number later.”

“Oh okayy~”

Tzuyu turned her head to face the cub simultaneously giving her a smile.

“Thanks,Chaeyoung-ahh~I’m busy with assignments today.”

“Yeah.”

The cub looked down at her feet which were still in socks,playing with them while her thoughts once again swallowed her down.

“Chaeyoung-ahh”

“Huh?Yeah?”

“What’s wrong?”

The cub shifted her gaze to the other girl.She looked like she got something to say but chose to just sink them in instead

“Hmm nothing…”

Hearing the unsure answer,Tzuyu just stared at this childhood friend of hers for quite a moment before calling their conversation off that night.Who knows what Chaeyoung were thinking and why she’s acting very strange lately.

9.00 A.M. on Saturday

It might be too early on the weekend for anyone to wake up and proceed with their task but not the cub who’s been lowkey waiting for this day to come.For the past two days,her chest was getting tighter and so did her mind.With this very first official private meeting between her and the girl that occupied her mind recently,Chaeyoung didn’t have any choice but to do whatever it took to ‘fix’ her sudden broken self or so she thought.However,there might be another reason that she’s this early,heading to the clubroom because her stupid self forgot to ask where and when exactly should they meet.

“How can I forgot such important details..Mina-ssi might ends up here evening or something elsewhere…”

Chaeyoung arranged her fast steps along the stairs where her eyes then caught a glimpse of someone familiar in front of the clubroom as soon as she reached the floor.The girl was wearing a red and black flannels with a pair of black jeans while her shoulder length black hair she let down.As a hint of that person came on Chaeyoung’s mind,the cub fasten her pace when she saw the girl who’s waiting for her,anxiously bit her lips with her hands clutching onto the straps of her tote bag.

“Mina-ssi.”

Chaeyoung called for the anxious penguin who then turned her head to look at the owner of the voice.

“C-Chaeyoungg you came!”

The cub jogged her way in front of Mina before she replied.

“Yes I’m sorry that I forgot to ask you when and where exactly we’re supposed to meet,Mina-ssi.”

“No..It’s my fault too…I went back without telling you the details..I was afraid if you went somewhere else or came earlier,that’s why I’m here early.I thought maybe you will come here since I didn’t tell you where we’re supposed to meet.I’m sorry for being so careless eventhough I’m older than you.”

Mina looked down as she fiddled with her hands.There was a quite a moment of silence went on between them when Chaeyoung decided to break the ice.

“Let’s not put the blame onto anyone.We’re already here so that is a good thing I think.”

“I guess so..”

The penguin formed a small smile as she heard Chaeyoung’s words.

“Yes and right now I think,it’s the best to proceed to our main reason for being here.Do you want to discuss in the cl-“

growl growl

Something growled,making Chaeyoung stopped her sentence halfway,meanwhile Mina couldn’t help but to giggle at the cute moment that just happened in front of her eyes.

“I assume you haven’t eat anything yet?”

Mina asked with her hand covering ,still chuckling at the younger.

“Y-yes…I-I kind of woke up late s-so..”

“Maybe it’s the best to have breakfast first before anything,don’t you think so,Chaeyoung?”

The penguin flashed a gentle smile at the hungry cub who’s not daring herself to look up.Nodding to the question,Chaeyoung just knew that she would stutter for nothing again if she answered.Heat was on her face and her heart race like crazy and for what?

“So,Chaeyoung..What do you wanna do for our project?”

Mina asked before she lifted the cup as she took a sip of her hot americano while Chaeyoung was busy munching on her sandwich,causing her not to give attention to the question.

“Chaeyoung?”

“…”

“Chaeyoung”

“…”

“Chaengie?”

“H-huh yes?”

Chaeyoung looked up,blinking her eyes when Mina let out some chuckles.

“So you only respond when I called you Chaengie,now?”

The same heat once again rushed to Chaeyoung’s face when the penguin in front of her pulled a small teasing on her,causing her to mess up with her sentence again.

“W-what n-no I-I was focusing on my sandwich I-“

“Is it okay if I called you Chaengie?”

The girl cut her sentence with that smile again at the end of her question.Her hazelnut eyes sparked as the morning sunshine hit her smooth skin.As for Chaeyoung who witnessed the art in front of her,nodded slowly as if she’s being possessed.

“Y-yes..”

“Thanks,Chaengie~”

Another silence filled the gap between them.However,this silence somehow calmed Chaeyoung down despite the chaotic environment in the café.For all these years she’s been living with so many questions that anyone never even once has the answers with them and she didn’t even need them to answer but this girl in front of her,she had the answers.Boldyly she answered everything with just her presence that it took all the space in Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung knew it,She knew this is it but what is this?

“So like I said,Chaengie…Do you have any idea for the project?”

“..dance”

“Dance?”

Mina raised her brows,asking for confirmation from the younger.

“A-ah n-no I-I mean”

“You mean?”

Chaeyoung put her sandwich down as she let out heavy sigh.There’s a big lump in that she swallowed to force the words out of .

“I’m sorry..”

She looked down.

“Eh?W-why,Chaengie?”

“There’s one night when I-I secretly watched you,dancing in the dance studio..B-but I can explain.”

Hearing that confession,Mina giggled.

“Ehh whattt~~”

“I-I’m sorry.”

“No,Chaengie~~So you were the one that night”

Mina chuckled as her mind replayed the moment when a small figure sprinted like a tiger when she stepped her feet out of the dance studio.

“Y-yes.”

“It’s okay~To be honest,I was a bit scared but now that I know it’s you..That doesn’t scare me anymore~”

“Yes b-but Mina-ssi”

“Mina”

“Y-yeah?”

“Just call me Mina and it’s okay to drop your honorifics”

“A-ahh..Alright then..M-Mina”

“Yes~So…You want us to dance?”

“A-ah no no..”

The cub shook her head fast before she continued.

“I-I mean,I can draw you while you’re dancing,Mina.I-If you want,of course.”

“Ohhh…That’s a good idea~~I can’t wait for the result~~”

“Y-yes..”

“And..to prevent us from making the same mistakes twice today…When are we going to do this?”

“I think…”

Mina smiled as she watched the cub continued to enjoy her unfinished meal.Another promise was sealed between both of them.A promise that lead them to another meeting that perhaps would change entire story of each their lives without them knowing.

Sunday 6.20 P.M.

The door of the room slided open,revealing a girl with a low ponytail that was in her black sleeveless top that wrapped her upper body and a knee length black skirt.She’s somehow panting due to her previous activity.

“Chaengie~Get in~I was just warming up~ We’ll be the only ones this evening since it’s still the weekend~””

“Yes.”

“You can sit wherever you want and~I just need to dance,right?”

The cub nodded while she took a seat in front of the mirror in the dance studio.

“You don’t need any sketchbook or something?”

“Oh no..I just need to watch and memorize your performance.”

Hearing that confident answer,Mina flashed her gummy smile.

“As expected from an art student.”

The same heat attacked Chaeyoung’s face again while Mina turned around to turn the music on.As the exquisite melody faded in,the Japanese ballerina took a deep breath.she looked ahead in her starting form before her body then began to follow the melody of the music.This private performance where only her and the artist in front of her,sitting at the exclusive seat she reserved for her one and only special spectator.Mina felt herself getting mixed in the aesthetic music.She knew she always belong here and the artist was the one who brought her back to this home of hers yet when their eyes met in the middle of her performance,why were there crystal clear beads falling down,hitting the cold hard floor?

- To be continued -

Hello everyone~~I'm back with chapter 3 hehe~I apologise for taking quite days to finish this chapter huhu~Anyway what do you think bout this chapter?Tell me~~Upvote if you like it kayy~~