Artistic Art

She,Who Made Me

The middle aged man took his old pair of glasses off subsequently placing it on the table.He massaged his temple as he threw another disappointed look to the petite blondie who was standing in front of her.The young lady with a shoulder length hair was wearing a plain grey t-shirt that fitted her fun sized yet toned body and a blue jeans.An effortless clothing yet still looked astonished to others with a pair of white sneakers,completing the outfit of the day even more.

“Miss Son…”

The man with a pin nametag ‘Park Jin Young’ on his blazer started off as he shook his head.

“I understand your condition…Truthfully,I really understand that…However,if you keep doing it like this…”

He let out a heavy sigh,shutting his eyes for a second in process.

“I can’t help you anymore…”

Sending a signal with his firm gaze,the girl returned the gaze back with her usual empty look before finally opening .

“Mr.Park…”

10 minutes later…

“So Chaeyoung?How was it?What did he say?Does he like it?Did he praise you?”

A girl with a long wavy black hair and a very fair skin appeared from nowhere,now standing in front of Chaeyoung with her hands on the table and her eyes glinted simultaneously waited patiently for the shorter girl’s answer.The truth was,Chaeyoung didn’t even understand why this girl cared so much.Oh well,there were many things that Chaeyoung didn’t even have a tiny bit clue about yet here she was,in the end of art class in a college in Seoul,far away from where she was born.

“ -rth to Son Chaeyounggg~”

Upon realising her name was being called by who knows who,Chaeyoung turned her head to look at the owner’s of the soft voice with bored eyes.

Yes what is it?And how do you even know my name?”

“HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA you’re funny~~”

Chaeyoung received some playful yet loud slap on her back while the girl cachinnated.

“Of course I know your name,pabo~We’re classmates,so that makes us friends,am I right?”

Pulling Chaeyoung closer by placing her arm around the younger’s shoulder,the girl threw a stupid grin at the other girl just for Chaeyoung to struggle and freed herself from the stranger she just encountered.

“Excuse me,we just knew each other…Also,being classmates doesn’t equal to friends…Make sure you do your math right please..I’m busy here”

Chaeyoung proceed to her previous task.Stuffing her things inside her backpack,she put it on her shoulders with her left hand,carrying the flawlessly painted canvas,ready to leave the girl who’s now mouth fell opened.

“Wait wait wait waitttt~~”

The girl who was wearing a white t-shirt and a blue jeans short immediately grabbed her things full in her hands before she chased after the never-laugh-girl,Chaeyoung.Today was the day when she would not let her chance to be friends with the younger slide away like the past few days.

“Where are you going??”

“To my room of course”

Chaeyoung fasten her pace while the girl behind her struggled to keep up since the weight of the things in both of her hands had become the disadvantage to her.However,she would not give up her intention of following Chaeyoung today.Sprinted to the front,the girl let her things fell as she spread her arms wide,blocking Chaeyoung’s way.

“Okay fine..What is it that you need,Dahyun-ssi?”

That girl who’s named being said Dahyun’s mouth curved into a smile when she heard her name escaped from Chaeyoung’s lips.

“Ohhh so you know my name tooo~~~I thought you-“

“I had to..So cut the chase..What do you want from me?”

Chaeyoung cut off Dahyun’s sentence,hoping this unnecessary conversation of her and the self-proclaimed ‘friend’ will end soon.Dahyun laughed as she bent down to pick up her things from the floor,putting them in her bag.

“Easy tiger easy…I just want to help you~And in the meantime,we can be friends~I get this feelings that you and I would be perfect buddies~”

The said tiger who just heard the previously requested answer blinked twice as she strengthen her gaze on Dahyun before she replied.

“First of all,I don’t need anyone’s help…Not you,not the lecturer not even the stranger who just walked pass us.No,I don’t need anyone’s help and let me dot that.”

Dahyun opened just to close it back when Chaeyoung carried on with her monotone voice.

“Second of all,I don’t do the friends thingy…I don’t understand a thing about it and the need why do we need to have such said ‘friends’.So,no thank you…Now,if you would let me..I have way more important stuff to do”.

Chaeyoung was about to walk pass Dahyun when the girl held onto her painted canvas.

“Dahyun-ssi,I don’t have time for this.”

Chaeyoung stated firmly as the older girl behind her proceed to take the canvas from her hands.

“I will take this with me if you don’t give me any chance to help you an-“

“Take it then,I still have to redo it all again to begin with”

Hearing that,Dahyun gave Chaeyoung an unbelievable look.

“I’ll go now,Dahyun-ssi…Goodbye”

Chaeyoung bowed down before she turned her body away from Dahyun.

“Ahhh you’re being so harddd~~~Fine thenn~”

As soon as that last sentence being said,Dahyun took Chaeyoung’s hand in hers as she began to speed up,dashing to a place where she was meaning to take Chaeyoung in the first place,meanwhile behind a wall there,a tall brunette lady who then seemed to be hiding began to catch them up from afar.

“So?What are we doing here?”

The cub asked with not even a bit of interest in her voice.

“What do you mean?Look there~”

Dahyun puckered her lips,pointing at the huge sign in front of the ordinary looking room.

“Yeah I know,art club but for what?”

“Well since you are having trou-“

“Stupid Jeongyeonnie~I’ll show her what losing taste like hmphh~”

The door slided open,cutting off the girls’ ‘debate’ session which then revealed a fair skinned girl with her front teeth that made her almost looked like a bunny on the other side.She looked quite surprised as her eyes caught two girls at the front of the room.Even so,her surprised face then changed evilish as if something just rang on her mind.

“Oh Jeongyeonnie~Look what we have here~”

“What bun?I told you we won’t get any too to-“

Another girl appeared from behind of the door.Showing herself at the side of the bunny lookalike who was wearing a white mini dress which in contrast with the tall girl who had her hair in ponytail with black jeans and t-shirt on.

“Ohh who do we have here and you,pabo~”

The tall girl turned to her side before sending a flick on the other girl’s forehead,making her winced in pain concurrently rubbing the spot which just been ‘tortured’.

“Ouch~Jeongyeonnie you pabo~Why the hell did you hit me~”

“No you are~Why aren’t you inviting them inside?”

“Uhh…Hello?”

Dahyun tried to get some attention from the girls who were in the ‘heated’ argument in front of her and Chaeyoung although it seemed quite useless since they looked like not even minding them there.

“U-uhh I was about to~You’re the one interfering me,paboo~”

“Huh what?You are the one who- Heyyy I-Nayeonnn“

“Go go sit there~I have some works to do noww~”

The bunny pushed the tall girl back inside before once again facing the girls that almost disappeared into the thin air as they watched the not so argument between the other two.

“Come in,girls~You are here to join the art club,right?”

Nayeon asked with a wide smile plastered on her face,showing her front teeth as her charm while Chaeyoung who heard the sudden claim almost too quick,straight up denied it.

“Oh excuse me but I’m actually dragged here by this girl.”

Chaeyoung pointed at Dahyun who now had her hand,covering the cub’s little mouth.

“Eh?...Ohh..I see…”

And just like that,Nayeon’s overjoyed mood dropped to the floor.Her eyes that lit up just seconds ago had gone back to normal while she nodded slowly.

“What Chaeyoung?HAHHAHAHHAHA you’re funny~You made another joke today~

“Imph mnot kiffing~I wasph dhaggedph heremph~”

Chaeyoung tried to ‘clear’ the situation with her muffle noises while Nayeon just watched them.

“Hehe she’s just kidding,sunbaenim~And yes,we’re here to join the art club~BOTH of us~”

The tofu made herself clear for real,not leaving Chaeyoung any chance to escape from her which the girl already gave up by that moment.

“Well then come in~Oh and you too behind the wall~I can see you,you know~”

Nayeon giggled as she invited the three of the girls inside,meanwhile Dahyun was left confused.Taking off her hand of Chaeyoung’s mouth,she turned to face the mentioned wall.

“Whatt~Who’s there~”

A few seconds passed and there’s still no one show up there.

“You don’t have to hide if you wanna be friends with us you know~”

“Do you assume everyone as your friends,Dahyun-ssi?”

“Ehh of course..We should be on a good term with everyone…I mean we-“

“Everyone isn’t the same…Not everyone likes you,some despise you just for who you are…Let alone being friends with you…But some stick by your side even if you never ask them to.Tho I don’t really understand what’s the point of it.Just like her.

Chaeyoung walked up to the wall before she pulled the girl who was hiding there out.The girl was a head tall than Chaeyoung .Her head was hanging low when she was caught red handed by the one she tried to follow.

“Now Tzuyu,you could have told me if you wanna head back together today too”

Tzuyu looked up at Chaeyoung before opening just to close it again when Dahyun interrupted.

“Ohhhh I remember~you are that tall one who’s always with Chaeyoung~”

The tofu then reached her hand out for a handshake.However,before anything could happen,Tzuyu shoot a death glare to her.making Dahyun retracted her hand again.

“Nice to meet-Shoot~I guess you guys stick together for too long..”

Dahyun awkwardly laughed.

“What,do you mean,Dahyun-ssi?

“Oh haha nothing..”

“Girls?Are you going in or not?”

Nayeon who was once again standing at the front door finally ended the three girls’ conversation.

“Okay so you guys sit here first…Im gonna bring the fo-“

“Give them the forms,Nabongs or else Jihyo will get mad at us or at me again for not reminding you.”

Jeongyeon stated while her eyes were fixed on the saxophone toy in her hands,not even bothering to help the bunny.

“Tch I know I knoww~I can do my work properly without you or Jihyo telling me,okay?”

Hearing the claim,Jeongyeon laughed before she spoke to herself,almost whispering,

“Yeah right~~”

“Im not deaf,in case you don’t know.”

Nayeon passed the forms to the girls while Jeongyeon laughed her off.

“Don’t mind her~So~Fill these forms then let’s get to know each other~Oh maybe we should wait for another two girls~They’ll be here in any minutes.”

“There are more?”

Dahyun asked while curiosity was written all over her face.

“Yes~They came here yesterday to get this form and told us that they’ll come again today to return them in..If Im not mistaken,their names are Sana and Mi-“

Suddenly,a sound of someone screaming with a high pitch voice grabbed all of their attention.

“Ahhhh~aiyaa”

“And there she goes…Sana,right?Are you okay there?”

They watched as Sana picked herself up at the front of the door.The girl was wearing a dark blue mini blouse and a white skirt with her long hair down.

“Oh no worries I’m okayy~This happens frequently~”

The girl flashed the sweetest smile as if the faceplant didn’t affect her at all.

“That’s good to hear but you should be more careful”

“Yes I’ll tryy”

Sana nodded rapidly with the smile that vanished from her face when a question popped on her mind.

“Nayeon-ssi,how do you know that it was me tho just now?”

“Oh you didn’t really give us a good first impression yesterday.”

Nayeon answered with a straight face,meanwhile Sana who finally recalled yesterday’s memories where she fell down on her buttocks turned crimson.

“Oh and where are they?”

Turned to look at the bunny again with tints of red on her cheeks,Sana tilted her head,confused by the question.

“The..forms..And where’s your other friend?”

“Ohhh h-here it is~My form~And Mina-chan isn’t feeling well today~

Sana passed the neatly folded paper to the bunny.

“Oh that’s too bad…I kinda want us to get to know each other today but well,we can just do it among us for now~”

“Oh oh oh then let me-“ “Me Me~~”

Dahyun and Sana spoke at the same time,both showing their excitement again for the ice breaker session.

“Let’s start with Sana first as an apologise of bringing up yesterday’s story”

Nayeon stated with a grin,trying to make up for her insensitive attitude a moment ago,making Dahyun pouted her lips as she just looked up for the mentioned girl’s introduction while Chaeyoung and Tzuyu seemed unbothered since the beginning.As for Sana’s whose now back to her previous self,began to introduce herself to her new friends.

“Hiii,my name is Sana~~”

“Just sleep first,Tzuyu.I’m gonna go for a run.”

“Okay..Be safe,Chaeyoung-ah~”

Tzuyu flashed a gentle smile as she waved her hand to her roommate.

Chaeyoung’s POV

I stood up after wearing my running shoes,closing the door as I bid a goodbye to the girl who stick with me the longest.I don’t understand why she still chose to be my what people said ‘friends’ even after 14 years.I put my headphone on before I the music app on my phone and began to jog.To be specific,I can’t even understand the concept of people wanting to be by my side becauseI’m fine by myself.But,again.Maybe it’s because they can feel things that makes them feeling wanting or needing someone to stand by them.Maybe this so called ‘advantage’ of mine has became the disadvantage to reach my blurry dreams.

End of Chaeyoung’s POV

Chaeyoung slowed her pace down when the memories from today’s afternoon came back to her mind.

*flashback*

“Mr.Park,I tried my best for this too…I also followed the advices you gave me…Does my painting still look not good?I can keep trying…Just tell me which part should I fix or give attention more.”

Chaeyoung tried to explain to the man who was already shaking his head before he switched her focus back to the girl.

“No,Miss Son..You don’t understand…Your skill in this is perfect.There’s no flaw in it.The only flaw that you own is the emotion that you lack of.I understand your condition but in this matter,I can’t always turn a blind eye.Of course you will be able to graduate just like others,but it will affect your career in the future.People will notice this weakness of yours and I’m sorry to say this,Miss Son.”

The man ended his sentence,leaving Chaeyoung who’s lost at words.

“Do you still want me to take your painting or you want to try to fix it?I can accept it because your talent is something that I can’t question about.However,I can’t guarantee the future.So?What do you think?”

Hearing another chance given by the lecturer,Chaeyoung answered without hesitating even a bit.

“I will fix it,Mr.Park.”

*End of flashback*

The painting might be in her room back to be fixed,however she still had no idea on how to fill the emptiness in it.The least thing she could do was kept trying and trying until she reached the point she was aiming for.

“I just knew that the art club won’t be any help to me.”

She whispered to herself.Looking up,the sparkling stars were decorating the pitch black sky,another usual night for the cub’s routine.While the cold breeze hit her skin,Chaeyoung’s eyes caught the dance studio’s lights that were still on although it was almost 9.Being the way she usually was,she carried on with her activity that night.However,it was not until some artistic being was caught at the corner of her eyes.Her feet stopped themselves while Chaeyoung not having a clue on what just happened.Her head was hanging low before she turned to the side when her sudden motion explained itself.

- To be continued -

Hello there,my readers :) Your shorty author hereee~~Sooo,seems like this is our first official meeting and yes,we'll meet more often from now on~I hope you guys will be able to enjoy your time here~~Do upvote if you like and comment to share your thoughts with me ^^ I'd love to hear em out~~That's all for now~see you in the next chapter~~~Byeee