Dinner 'Date'

She,Who Made Me

“Great job,Sana,Dahyun and Tzuyu~”

Jihyo clapped her hands,following by the duo beside her.

“I told ya~My idea is the bestt~”

The said tofu sticked out her tongue at the Japanese squirrel,while the girl just rolled her eyes,totally done with the nonsense that the overconfident tofu just spat out.

“Yeah rightt~It was only because me and Tzuyu,helping you~Right,Chewy?”

Sana nudged Tzuyu with a bright smile that changed way too quickly when she faced Dahyun again,leaving Tzuyu speechless between the girls’ fight.

“rIgHt cHeWy~~”

The tofu mocked the squirrel,meanwhile the rest of the members just watched them silently except for their leader who quickly moved the topic to the next one.

“Okay maybe they still need to work on their chemistry,but let’s leave that for now and continue with Mina and Chaeyoung project…First of all,Chaeyoung and Mina…I’m so glad that both of you guys are okay now..You should have take your time,it’s definitely alright.I understand.”

Hearing hints of concerns in the leader’s voice,Mina put on her usual smile as she shook her head.

“No,it’s okay,Jihyo…We’re both feeling much better now~Right,Chaeyoung?”

The penguin turned her head to meet the cub who’s now suddenly bright red.

“Hmm?But,Chaeyoung’s looking kind of red tho…Are you okay,Chaeng?”

The second oldest of the group jumped in the conversation.

“Huh?Y-yeah,I’m okay,Jeongyeon eonnie…”

“If you say so then..”

“So,back to our topic…Are you guys ready?”

Both of the girls in the team nodded before Chaeyoung took out the painting she created 2 days ago.It was a painting of Mina,as she promised.The ballerina was in her getting ready pose.Her hands were holding her skirt while her gaze was directly to the floor as if she was motivating herself to do her best.Chaeyoung still remember the way that black swan shined so brightly that every breath she took even seemed like nothing but a piece of art to her.The artist swore,she would paint every little things that the ballerina did if she could because imperfections seemed to not exist at all in the ballerina’s dictionary.

“So…This is what me and Mina created…”

The cub looked up to see all and each presence in the room were eyeing her painting like nothing else existed,including the ballerina in the painting herself.

“C-Chaeyoung-ah,y-you did this?”

The president of the art club voiced out her thoughts.

“Yes…but Mina helped me to be my model too.”

“Wow…”

“Why?Is it not good?”

The cub asked due to the silence she got from the girls.

“What no no…You did really great,Chaeyoung…And you too of course,Mina…But why did you seem surprise as well?Didn’t Chaeyoung show you this before coming to college?”

Jihyo questioned the team.

“Oh that..No,she didn’t..She said to just look at it once she shows it here.”

...

“Chaengie~~Lunch is done~Let’s eat~~”

The penguin peeked her head into the room where her eyes then caught the small figure who was busy with her painting.She then entered the room,heading closer to the cub.

“Chaengie?”

As for Chaeyoung who heard the very familiar voice,immediately stood up as she extended both of her arms,blocking the painting from the penguin’s sight.

“Chaengie?”

Mina tilted her head,confused by the girl’s action.

“N-No~You can’t see it yet,Mina~”

“Ehhh~But I want to tho~~”

She pouted her lips as she walked even closer,almost a few steps to close the gaps between her and the artist.

“N-No~Step away p-please”

Mina could see Chaeyoung’s face turned crimson while she ‘warned’ Mina to stay away.Seeing this kind of new reaction from the cub,Mina decided to take the teasing into the next level.

“Chaengie~Are you…Shy?”

The penguin giggled as she took a step closer.

“W-Whatt?Nooo~”

“Ehh but your face is red…”

Another step.

“Noo I’m not so please,back away M-Minaaa~Please you can take a look when I show this to other members..Pleasee”

The cub shut her eyes,making Mina chuckled at her adorable actions.

“Okay okayy~I was just messing around~”

The Japanese then finally backed away as she walked out of the room,leaving Chaeyoung who could just let out a relief sigh.

“Oh but~lunch is ready~I’ll be waiting for you~”

The girl purposely winked at the shy artist,making her cheeks went even red that they were,while Mina stepped out of the room with chuckles.

...

“Wow…Dude Chaeng…That’s lowkey gay yknow“

“What is wrong with you,Dahyun?”

Sana interrupted.

“What?I just wanna say what I think.Why do you even bo-“

“Stop there.Both of you again.I don’t want any kind of argument like this to happen between us here…Please,we are already in college not high school..Please Sana,Dahyun.”

Hearing how the vice president cut her sentence off,Dahyun mumbled something as she find it better to keep her sight on the the clubroom floor instead of the leader.

“What is it again,Dahyun?”

“H-Huh no nothing,Jihyo eonnie..”

“I thought so…Okay everyone so our meeting this time has come to the end…Congrats to everyone for doing such a great job~Be safe and see you next week.”

Jihyo proudly smile as she dismissed the meeting.With each of them leaving the clubroom,Chaeyoung stood back when Mina called for her.

“Chaengie~”

“Hmm Mina?”

“Are you free tonight?”

The penguin asked the cub with excitement written all over her face,meanwhile the cub who actually had something to do that night just made up a lie.

“T-Tonight?Yes I’m free..”

Upon hearing the answer,the penguin’s eyes twinkled as her gummy showing between her smile.

“That’s greatt~Umm I was thinking…Maybe we should go for a dinner or something to celebrate our successful project?I-It’s on me of course~What do yo-“

“S-Sure,I mean w-why not.Yes let’s do that~”

“Okayyy great~Then,see you tonight at 8?I’ll come to your room~What’s the number?”

“Umm room 2314.”

“Alright~Later then,Chaengie~”

Chaeyoung’s POV

She smiled as she walked past me,out of the room that is now felt too stuffy to breath in.I dropped my lower body on the chair as I inhaled.My heart never behaved well whenever she’s around.I did what I was supposed to,making her my friend but why won’t this reaction stop?Do I feel that happy over her asking me to go for a dinner with her?I even stayed in her house last week.This should be nothing but still.Why is it?Does this has anything to do with what Dahyun and Sana were talking about?I know that term but Mina had never said anything about it to me.Perhaps it’s not since Mina would tell me if anything,right?

End of Chaeyoung’s POV

The artist then finally dragged her feet out of the clubroom after a moment of calming herself down.Aside from the matter a while ago,she now had some explanations to do later to her one and only roommate.

Room 2314

“I’m back~”

“Welcome back~”

The cub took a seat on her bed,facing her tall roommate who was busy reading a new book that she borrowed from the library.Feeling quite some gaze on her,Tzuyu turned to look at the cub who had this kind of expression on her face.

“Chaeyoung-ahh…”

“H-Huh hmm?”

“What is it?You’ve been staring at me..”

“O-Oh umm…I have something to tell you…”

The cub’s sentence then caught Tzuyu’s attention when the girl turned the chair around to face Chaeyoung better.

“What is it then?”

“I..”

“You?”

“I-I can’t have dinner with you tonight…I have some plans with Mina…”

Hearing the cub,Tzuyu pause before she turned around again with now her back facing the cub as she continued where she stopped.

“It’s okay..We can have dinner some other time..”

“Really?”

“Yeah really…You can go with Mina,I don’t mind..”

“..Alright then…”

The conversation then came to its end with a feeling in Chaeyoung’s chest that’s making her felt bothered and uneasy.In this kind of undescribable situation,how she wished Mina was there by her side.

8.00 P.M.

knock knock

“I’ll go first,Tzuyu.”

“Yeah,take care...”

The girl replied with her eyes not leaving her assignment,making Chaeyoung who’s now getting the door felt even worse.Maybe Tzuyu just wanted some time alone now,she thought.

“Hi,Chaengie~”

“Hi,Mina~”

The penguin flashed her gummy smile before adding.

“Let’s go?”

The cub nodded before closing the door.Following Mina from behind,Chaeyoung could felt her heartbeat once again risen up.Her chest was still hurting but this time,it’s different.Mina looked angelic as she always did with her flower printed dress and Chaeyoung couldn’t help but to keep her eyes on her almost as if she would disappeared into the thin air.

“Chaengie~”

“Huh?Yes?”

“Get in~”

“Get in?”

“Yes get in~We’re going for a dinner,aren’t we?”

Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows,making Mina let out some tiny giggles due to the cub’s funny reaction,while the mentioned girl then got what Mina meant by her previous sentence when her eyes landed on a fancy car in front of them.

“A l-limousine?”

The cub stumbled upon her words before she gulped down.

“Yes~Get in first,I’ll explain everything to you later,Chaengie.”

“A-alright.”

The duo got in the car before Mina told her personal driver about their destination that night.

“Mr.Lee,Hotel Queen please.”

“Yes,Mina-ssi.”

“Thank you.”

The young lady threw a smile at the middle aged man before she turned to look at Chaeyoung who seemed wanting the answers.

“We’re going to have a dinner at a h-hotel?And that hotel even?”

Chaeyoung her dry lips,hearing such 5 stars hotel being mentioned by the Japanese.She could just imagined how it would cost Mina for their plan tonight,meanwhile the girl seemed carefree as she just giggled.

“Yes and I’m sorry if all of this surprise you,Chaengie~But I hope you don’t mind~.”

“I guess I am s-surprise but I also don’t want you to do all of this..I-I mean having you paying and stuffs,Mina..”

“Oh that~Please don’t feel bad about that,Chaengie~I’m just happy that we finished the project~”

“Y-yes me too but I still-“

“Please?”

The penguin pouted her lips as her puppy eyes sparkled,persuading Chaeyoung who now seemed to be affected by the penguin’s brilliant method.With her heartbeat pace went higher and higher with Mina’s gaze directly on her own eyes,Chaeyoung felt a lump in before she turned her gaze away from the ‘dangerous’ penguin.

“O-Okay…”

Hearing the answer,Mina let out a tiny ‘yey’ as a celebration for succeeding in persuading the cub,meanwhile the mentioned cub could just sigh to whatever reason who knows.

“We’re here,Mina-ssi~”

“Oh?Okay then~Thank you,Mr.Lee~Please pick us up before midnight because we still have classes tomorrow~”

“Very well,Mina-ssi.”

The girls stepped out of the car.Lead by the Japanese,they entered the fancy skyscraper.

“A reservation for Miss Myoui,please.”

“Yes,this way please Miss Myoui.”

The hotel staff showed them the way to the restaurant on the 21st floor where there were classic music being played in the background.They were being led to a corner which was facing the alluring night view.One by one of their meals were being served when the staff excused himself,leaving the girls for their dinner.

“Please enjoy the meal to the fullest,Miss.”

He bowed down,making his way while Chaeyoung let her eyes followed the man before they roamed all over the place she just stepped her feet in.

“Chaengie.”

“Huh?Yes?”

“Enjoy the dinner~I hope you’ll like it~”

“U-Uhh thanks,Mina.”

The two ended their conversation there when they began to have their meal for the night.

20 minutes later…

“How are you feeling nowadays,Chaengie?Is there anything you want to tell me?”

“Hmm,I do I guess…There are a lot actually…Even now…”

“There are?”

The Japanese took another sip of her wine as she was focusing on what the Korean was about to say.

“Hmm.”

“Then share it with me…What is it?I’ll tell you what are they~”

Mina’s lips curled a smile while her gaze stayed on Chaeyoung.The cub looked so stunning eventhough she was in her casual outfit.She had a denim jacket on her white baggy t-shirt with a black jeans and a black boots.

“Hmm…tonight actually…I don’t really know if it’s okay to tell you this but I actually was supposed to accompany Tzuyu for a dinner too…But I had to cancel it because I-I wanna have dinner with you tonight,Mina…To be honest,I really can’t wait to see you..So,I feel I feel-“

Hearing that usual boldness came from Chaeyoung,Mina blinked as she chuckled.Her cheeks were flushed red and her smile was really different from what they usually were.

“Chaengie~~You are so bold now,aren’t you?Hehe~”

“W-What?N-No I was just trying to tell you how I feel,Mina.I-I”

“I know~And it is so cutee~ hic hehe”

Seeing that kind of reaction she got for the first time ever,Chaeyoung finally realised what was happening.

“Mina…Are you…drunk?”

- To be continued -