The Truth

She,Who Made Me

“She’s always there by my side even when I said I don’t need her…I didn’t get to appreciate her much but she never leave me..I…I like her…”

Mina cleared as she held onto Chaeyoung’s hand.Her heart.It’s aching but Mina couldn’t do anything to stop it.She saw the cub looked like she still had things to say and honestly,she’s really afraid of what more to come.

“You do?”

She asked as she looked right into her beautiful chestnut orbs.Mina always find them mesmerizing.They made her lost in their ‘ocean’.However,at this moment she’s afraid that she couldn’t be swimming in that ocean anymore.

“Yes…”

Chaeyoung paused for awhile as she trying to find the next few words to add,making Mina feeling anxious than ever.

“But…I like her as my friend…I-I never thought of her that way…I don’t know how to explain to her,Mina…I-I”

Tears suddenly began to stream down her cheeks as she expressed her feelings while the penguin then pulled her in a tight hug,comforting the cub.

“I don’t want to lose her,Mina if I rejected her…I don’t know what to do…”

She cried hard in the penguin’s embrace.Mina knew the cub had been going through so much especially since she started feeling again and right now,the cub needed more comforting words other than another confession that probably wear her out.It was cold in the dance studio with the air conditioner,however neither of them felt the coldness in the warm embrace shared by them.

“Shh…It’s okay,Chaengie..Let it all out,,,We’ll find the solution together,okay?”

The Japanese caressed the girl’s head before planting a small peck on her forehead.Mina didn’t really know if it was right for her to do that but somehow it made the cub calmed down.

“Thank you,Mina…”

It was the very first time Chaeyoung said that two words while she really meant it,understanding why she said it.She had been saying those words just as manners but she never really understood why but now that Mina had shown her so much,she knew this was that kind of time when you meant those words.

“I think Tzuyu deserves an answer from you,Chaengie…A real answer from you…Your reasons..”

“But,I’m afraid of losing her,Mina..”

“I’m sure she will respect your decision…It’s not fair to ignore her feelings if you knew about it…Tell her what you really think of her,what she means to you…She will understand…I’m sure,Changie.”

Chaeyoung still remember the way Mina smiled as she held her hand.The way Chaeyoung’s heart beat that time.It was more than enough to tell that she’s in love with that Japanese.Chaeyoung’s aware of that now,that’s why she had to tell Tzuyu the truth first.The Korean even skipped her class for the first time ever to get back to their room early to wait for that Taiwanese girl.

clack

Chaeyoung stood up in reflex before her eyes met Tzuyu’s who seemed to be quite surprised.Wasting no time,Chaeyoung started off.

“Tzuyu,please hear me out.”

Tzuyu sighed.

“If this is about that night, no just..Forget it,Chaeyoung…”

She said as she was about to escape from the cub again.

“Yes but no I won’t just forget it,Tzuyu.Please,hear me out.”

Another sigh slipped out of the Taiwanese’s lips as she stood straight,finally letting the Korean to speak to her properly.

“Fine.”

“I’m sorry...I’m sorry that I left you behind,I forgot about our promises.I’m sorry that I left you alone these days,Tzuyu…That was stupid of me…I’m sorry,that was all my fault..and yes…I..I lik-…No,I-I..I’m in love with Mina,Tzuyu…I’m sorry that I can’t return your feelings back..But,I just wanna tell you that I appreciate you so much…You stay with me the longest..Always by my side,protecting me…Thank you,for always being my best friend,Tzuyu…I’m sorry if I’ve ever hurt you with my words,actions…I didn’t get to express my feelings so much back then but now,I’m learning so much…That is why I need to tell you this,Tzuyu…Thank you for everything…Please,don’t leave me Tzuyu…”

Tears rolling down on Chaeyoung’s cheeks as she finished.Tzuyu was the same.The Taiwanese was biting her lower lips as she held herself from crying harder due to her small best friend’s honest speech.

“Stupid.Why would I leave you just because of this,huh?”

The tall girl then pulled the petite girl in her arms,hugging her tight.

“Thank you for telling me,Chaeyoung-ahh~I'm sorry for avoiding you too...I was too scared to face you after what I said”

“Hmm no it's okay..Thank you too,Tzuyu-yahh…”

It was quiet.Only sobbing could be heard in that room of the duo but none of them was complaining about it either as long as they were together in that precious friendship.

It was a few days after the day when Chaeyoung expressed her feelings to her best friend,Tzuyu.Yes,best friend.That’s the term Chaeyoung decided suited Tzuyu the most since the tall girl had always be by her side since forever.Nothing felt better than her,finally being able to recognise each feeling she’s experiencing by herself like right now,she’s feeling grateful that Tzuyu and her were in a good term again,feeling satisfied that she expressed her real feelings and feeling happy now that she knew what was the feeling that she always had for Mina.Although she still couldn’t smile.It’s still love and she’s sure of it.She had been reading and thinking of ways to confess to the penguin.Now,she’s just waiting for the right time to do it.The cub skipped her way to the dance studio,heading to her ‘crush’ usual spot.Chaeyoung stopped in front of the room before her ears then caught a sound of someone.The Korean then quickly slided the door opened when she saw Mina who was on the floor,holding her feet as she winced.

“Ouch..Ah…”

“Mina?”

The art student called for the dancer before entering the room,wasting no time.

“Huh?C-Chaengie?”

Mina looked over her shoulder,she tried to get up but her feet was killing her.Falling back on the floor,Chaeyoung dashed to help the ballerina.

“M-Mina,what happened?”

The cub held the penguin in her arms as she looked at the swollen ankle.

“Did you twist your ankle?It looks pretty bad,Mina…Let’s go to the hospital,okay?”

Chaeyoung looked into Mina’s eyes as the latter slowly nodded.

“So,Chaeyoung-ssi,please look after Mina-ssi for this 2 weeks..Make sure she gets to rest and please,don’t let her do anything yet because she sprained her ankle pretty bad…That’s why we need to put the cast on.”

“Yes,doctor…Is there anything else I should do?”

“No,just that and Mina-ssi,get lots of rest,alright?”

The doctor smiled while the Japanese just nodded.

“Yes,thanks doctor.”

A few minutes later…

“Do you want me to help,Mina?”

Mina took the underarm crutches that Chaeyoung handed her,Smiling to the younger,she shook her head before getting off the limousine.

“It’s okay,Chaengie~I can do this~”

“Oh okay..”

Thanking the driver,Chaeyoung walked side by side with Mina as they entered the elevator to Mina’s apartment.There was this silence wall between them before Mina broke it.

“Chaengie…”

“Hmm?”

“Doesn’t this feel like déjà vu?”

“Hmm…”

The younger nodded as she looked to her side.It was Mina who was taking care of her when they went to the apartment together for the first time and now,Chaeyoung who will be the one doing that.

“Our roles are reversed now…”

LEVEL 19

The two of them walked in silence until they reached Mina’s apartment.

“Here,Chaengie.”

Passing the keycard to the Korean,Mina stood behind the girl.

diing clack

“It’s opened,Mina~Want me t-“

Chaeyoung was about to turn around when a pair of arms wrapped around her waist.The sound of the crutches fell to the floor echoed in the hallway.

“M-Mina?”

Chaeyoung swore her heart was about to jump out of her chest when she felt the older rested her head on her broad shoulder.She could hear her breathing against her ear as she whispered.

“Thank you..Chaengie..”

The tiger froze at the spot as the penguin just embraced her tightly.She didn’t know what to do about that sudden attack from the older.She wanted to hold the Japanese’s hands and reassured her that everything will be fine but then suddenly Chaeyoung felt another warmth coming from a liquid that fell on her back.

“Mina?”

“…”

There was no response from the mentioned girl.Seconds later,the Korean then heard some sobbings behind her.Knowing that she should do something,Chaeyoung loosened Mina’s embrace before turning around to look at the latter.Her eyes were teary,some of those diamond tears were already invading that girl’s delicate feature.Chaeyoung cupped Mina’s cheeks gently before wiping off the tears with her thumbs.

“Hey…how about I make you some tea while we talk inside hmm?”

She looked directly in her hazelnut eyes.Her view then switched to the girl’s plump lips which Chaeyoung quickly shook the thought of what she was thinking.Now wasn’t the best time,she reminded herself.Focusing back on their topic,Chaeyoung finally got a nod from the Japanese.Handing the crutches back to Mina,both of them then entered the apartment.As Mina sat herself on the couch,Chaeyoung went into the kitchen to make the tea as she promised earlier.

5 minutes later…

“Here you go,a green tea for Minari…And another green tea for Chaengie~”

The cub spoke using the third person language,making Mina giggled at her adorable action.

“Minari?”

The penguin asked,curious about the new nickname the cub just gave her.

“Yup~Minari~It’s such a pretty nickname,right?I figured,it suits you~”

Chaeyoung took a seat beside Mina while the latter just smiled with tints of red on her cheeks.Honestly,the Japanese didn’t know how and why did the Korean suddenly became this smooth with her words but she’s not complaining either.As for the cub who just sipped her hot tea,Chaeyoung burned her tongue again,making the penguin chuckled.

“Now,it’s really déjà vu.”

Chaeyoung put down the cub as she just nodded.

“Agree.”

“You’ve never learnt your lesson,Chaengie~”

The penguin teased the cub,not knowing the response she would be receiving next.

“I would if you’re the one who teaches me.”

Another shot from the cub.Mina blushed as she just looked down at her cup.

“I-I see…”

Silence surrounded their atmosphere for a few seconds before Chaeyoung finally opened the previous topic back.

“So…Hmm Minari..”

“Yes?”

“Do you want to share with me what really happened?At the dance studio?”

The Korean carefully voiced out the question while their eyes were looking right into each other.As for Mina who now was taking a deep breath,avoided Chaeyoung’s gaze before she started off.

“I have stage fright.”