Enter Hyukjae

Quarantine Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae’s POV

I sighed as another patient was brought in as PUI in Hongdae District. I would massage my temples right now but my PPEs are in the way.

“56 year old male, showing signs of possible COVID due to coughs, runny nose and vomiting.” Lee Sungmin, my bestfriend AKA my nurse informed me.

I nodded,

“is the swab test ready?” I queried as I hurriedly walk towards the man as he was wheezing due to coughs. 

“Get him a ventilator, his cough is not good. He may be a positive.” I stated to the other nurse, her eyes windened as she ran through the ER doors to grab a ventilator.


I grabbed a hold of his hand, it was clammy and cold, he’s running a fever and seizure. Damn it!

“Sir, I’m your doctor, would you please try to breathe in through your nose for me, sir?” I asked the patient kindly as he looked like he wanted to cry from the pain.


He shook his head, indicating he couldn’t.


“Sungmin, where’s the ventilator?” I asked impatiently, as if on cue the ventilator arrived and we began hooking it up the man,


“Sir, you need to relax, this will hurt.” I stated calmly as we maneuvered the ventilator into his mouth.

“Get me a IV now!” I screamed as the man looked like he was gonna pass out.


They connected the vitals machine and finally, he was stable.


“Move him to the quarantine room, disinfect the areas he was at and contact anyone who had contact with this man. NOW.” I stated as I finally felt a bit relax as another patient finally got the swab test.

The ER doors slammed open and a frantic intern ran towards me.

“Sunbae, a police officer called they need an ambulance, there was a car crash near the checkpoint on route to Incheon. 1 motor and 1 sedan, the sedan had a family inside. They’re checking if they’re still stable.” He explained, I nodded.

“Sungmin, tell Jungsoo-hyung to cover my ER shift so I can go with the ambulance.” I stated as I began walking towards the door, the intern already left to call the ambulance.

“On it, Hyuk!” Sungmin answered, pulling his phone out.

I hurriedly ran to the nearest Nurse’s station to get out of my PPEs and exchanged it for my White coat. I blew my bangs out of the way, I should really get a hair cut.

I noted that my hair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter