Movies and a Brewing Crush

The Lies in Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yong-sun absolutely loved lunch with Hye-jin and Byul-yi. She found conversation with Hye-jin to be so easy and fun. In fact, Hye-jin managed to make Yong-sun snort while laughing. She was so invested in her new friend, she hadn't notice how sulky Byul-yi had gotten. Granted, Byul-yi did her best to hide her frustrations throughout lunch. Yong-sun simply saw herself having fun with Byul-yi and her new friend, Hye-jin. She made sure to not drink alcohol during lunch, the fear of getting terribly wasted helping her to refrain from ordering a mai tai or a Piña Colada. The poke was enough to fill up Yong-sun's stomach as she enjoys lunch with Byul-yi and Hye-jin. 

Soon enough the three are back inside of a taxi and heading back to the resort. Yong-sun's hands excitedly gripped onto Byul-yi's arm, as she took in the scenery of Hawaii. 

"This place is just so beautiful! I might have to come back." Yong-sun said with a bright smile.

"Hawaii definitely is a place you can visit more than once." Hye-jin agreed. 

The younger woman flipped her dark hair over her shoulder. Her elbow gently nudging at Yong-sun's side, indicting she wanted to take a selca. Yong-sun's smiled as she brought her face next to Hye-jin's. Hye-jin stretched her arm out as she turned toward the couple. Byul-yi threw the peace sign up as she leaned in towards Yong-sun. They all had bright smiles as Hye-jin took the selca of the three of them. She immediately went to check the photo and snickered a bit.

"Yong-sun unnie, your eyes are closed." 

"Really?! Ack, I guess I was smiling too hard." Yong-sun commented as she reached for Hye-jin's phone.

"I think your smile is perfect." Byul-yi commented as she looked at the photo.

The three of them looked youthful and happy in the photo. Byul-yi's smile being more of a subtle smirk. She couldn't help but notice how good Yong-sun and Hye-jin looked in the photo. The pair complimented each other faces with their contrast in looks. Yong-sun's round cheeks and Hye-jin's slight round yet sharp cheeks complimenting each other. Byul-yi found herself looking a bit like a mess in the photo. Her boyish style throwing the photo off a bit. Byul-yi handed the phone back to Hye-jin and listened as Hye-jin asked for their social media pages. 

Once the three exchanged social medias, there were a few more selcas taken in the back of the taxi. Byul-yi opting out the last three Hye-jin and Yong-sun took together. Byul-yi and Yong-sun managed to take a couple of shots together as well. They all arrived back at the resort and thanked the taxi driver for his service. Yong-sun walked in the middle of Hye-jin and Byul-yi, her face beaming with pure happiness. She grabbed hold of both of their hands, swinging their arms as they headed back into the lobby of the resort. 

"Ah, I am so excited for the movies. Byul-yi is really a cinematic genius." Yong-sun bragged. 

Byul-yi's face grew warm, "Yah! I only have five short films out and the one movie I co-directed with my father. It's really not all of that." 

Hye-jin looked at the couple with a cheeky grin, "I trust Yong-sun's taste in things." 

Yong-sun's own face grew warm from Hye-jin's grin, "Lets go up! Ah, should we watch the movies in your suite? Ours is a bit messy." 

Hye-jin lets out a loud laugh, her heading flying back a bit, "Funny of you to assume my room isn't a mess!" 

Yong-sun chuckled a bit, "Aish, alright... How about we clean up our suite and I will message you when to come over."

"Sounds fair." Hye-jin said with a smile.

Hye-jin broke her hold on Yong-sun's hand and waved bye to the two. Yong-sun and Byul-yi walked over to the elevator, their hands still holding each other's as they waited for their ride to arrive. Yong-sun laid her cheek against Byul-yi's shoulder. She felt affectionate towards her girlfriend, a feeling of pride welling up in her chest. She absolutely loved everything Byul-yi has directed from music videos to the short films and her one co-directed full-length film. Although Byul-yi hasn't made it as big as her father yet, her work was still highly appreciated by Yong-sun. She felt lucky enough to even be costume designer on some of Byul-yi's work. 

Even though Yong-sun went to work under a larger company, she still admired Byul-yi's work. The thought of it suddenly caused a small pang in Yong-sun's heart as they climbed onto the elevator. She missed working as a costume designer, but her mother's health came before that passion. When Yong-sun found out her mother's cancer had came back, she knew without a doubt, she had to stop her flourishing career. Yong-sun ignored her mother's and sister's pleas for her to carry on with life. Yong-sun knew that if she continued to work as if nothing was wrong, she would feel guilty every single moment of her life. Especially if her mother had managed to pass without Yong-sun being by her side. 

Yong-sun felt on edge when she proposed this vacation. She worried a whole month away would be too long, that her mother would be gone, while she basked in the Hawaiian sun. She feared that her mother would be calling out for her and only Yong-hee would be there to answer; but her fear of losing Byul-yi was weighing heavy on her mind and heart. It took a lot of thought but Yong-sun proposed the vacation on the first night of August and the two were now in Hawaii. Yong-sun still had her worries but as she rode the elevator back up to their suite, her heart felt happy. Happy that she has been able to smile and laugh with Byul-yi for the first time in what seemed like forever. 

As they cleaned up their suite, Yong-sun found herself hitting Byul-yi with the pillow. 

"Yah! What was that for?!" Byul-yi quickly grabbed her own pillow to use a shield.

"You think I didn't notice how sulky you were being at lunch?!" Yong-sun laughed out. She hit Byul-yi once again with the pillow and jumped onto their bed. Although Byul-yi thought she was good at hiding her emotions, she couldn't hide them too easily from Yong-sun. Yong-sun learned to read every single expression on Byul-yi's face after moving in with her. Yong-sun knew when Byul-yi was mad, sad, irritated, annoyed, , and everything in between. Honestly, the two of them were great at reading each other's expressions. It was what made their fights even more heated. When one would frown up at the other's words then suddenly claim it was nothing. Yong-sun was slightly better at hiding her expressions but Byul-yi was kinda poor at it. 

"Yah! I wasn't being sulky. I just want this vacation to be all ours!" Byul-yi responded by smacking Yong-sun back with her own pillow.

Yong-sun let out a loud laugh as she flopped down onto her on the bed. "It is ours! How is having lunch with a new friend changing that?" 

Byul-yi nibbled on the inside of her cheek. She found Hye-jin to be totally gorgeous, the fear of Yong-sun falling for her heavy. Byul-yi could tell Yong-sun and Hye-jin had a natural chemistry. Hell, Yong-sun allowed herself to get drunk with a stranger. It sometimes took Byul-yi begging on her knees to get Yong-sun to drink with her. Byul-yi has always been confident in herself and Yong-sun, but somehow Hye-jin came in and broke down Byul-yi's walls of confidence. She doesn't want to make Yong-sun feel untrustworthy though. Instead of answering the question, Byul-yi tossed her pillow aside and wrapped her arms around Yong-sun. 

Yong-sun squealed out as Byul-yi forced her body back against the bed. Her girlfriend's teeth digging into her shoulder in a playful bite. "OWWWW!!! Stop itttt!!" 

"Nomnomnom!!!" Byul-yi teased. 

She raised her head to look down into Yong-sun's shining brown eyes. The same brown eyes that caused Byul-yi to be hit with the love arrow. Those brown eyes felt like home to Byul-yi. Those brown eyes provided all the relief she needed after difficult days on sets. Those were the same brown eyes that caused Byul-yi pain as well. Whenever Yong-sun would cry from the difficulties of life, it caused Byul-yi's heart to break. When those brown eyes were lit on fire with anger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter