Clumsiness and Tattoos

The Lies in Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yong-sun felt the pains of a hangover in her head and throughout her body as she woke up the next morning. Despite being in paradise, she felt like absolute . Why did Piña Coladas have to be so damn good? She whined out softly in pain. and throat dry. Her head feeling as if a hammer was being smashed against it. She wanted to bury herself back under the covers and hide, but the sun was shining through and she could hear the sounds of the ocean and people coming from the balcony. 

She got out of the bed, leaving it empty. She rubbed her forehead and looked around. Where was Byul-yi? She wondered. She walked to the bathroom, her stomach twisting and turning. She felt the heavy wave of nausea, she rushed to the toilet and lifted the seat. She let the contents of last night out. Her vomiting soon turning to dry heaves as her stomach emptied itself. 

Byul-yi had woken up before Yong-sun. She knew that her girlfriend would most likely be hungover so she made sure to get to the breakfast buffet first. She figured Yong-sun would be hungry and want to eat. Last night was her first time seeing Yong-sun having so much in awhile. She missed hearing Yong-sun's crazy laugh. She missed the way Yong-sun's eyes crinkled up when she laughed. The way her whole body vibrated when she found something particularly funny. 

Byul-yi loaded two plates up with the various options for breakfast. She made sure to not get any greasy foods for her girlfriend and headed toward the elevator with both hands full. She felt an extra pep in her step, her lips puckering as she let out a soft whistle. Byul-yi was so happy and content, that she failed to notice the short girl bent down to tie her own shoe. It was only a matter of seconds where Byul-yi managed to trip over the girl. The plates of food flying out of her grasp as she hit the ground. 

"Oof!" Byul-yi felt like the wind was knocked out of her. 

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!" The girl quickly stood up straight and automatically bowed. Byul-yi looked up at the woman. She was very familiar and she could also tell she was Korean. Her face filled with concern as she rushed to help Byul-yi up. The pair having quite a few sets of eyes on them.  

"I am so so so sorry!" The girl kept apologizing, dipping her head in bows. 

"Ah, its okay. I'm okay, I just... I need to get this cleaned up." Byul-yi's cheeks were heated from embarrassment.  She felt a small fire brewing in her stomach. Who even tied their shoes right in the middle of a walk way? She softly tsked as she worked on cleaning up the mess on the ground. The girl quickly bowing to help causing the two to bump heads. 

"Owwww!" The both called out in unison. 

Byul-yi rubbed at the sudden pain in the side of her head. She was now definitely frustrated. Her breathing growing a bit hard as she listened to the girl spew out more apologies and more bows. Byul-yi wanted to run away and leave everything behind. Especially as the resort staff headed over to them with a broom and dustpan. The staff seemed as though they weren't bothered by the mess, but Byul-yi knew they probably were. 

Byul-yi was now the one bowing and apologizing to the staff, who dismissed her with kind smiles. Byul-yi shot the short clumsy girl a glare and headed for the elevator. She didn't even want to go back to the cafeteria to grab breakfast for her and Yong-sun. She just wanted to get back to the room and hide forever. feeling tight as the girl awkwardly stood next to her to wait for the elevator.  

"I'm really am sorry. I made your morning a whole mess and we bumped heads." 

Byul-yi crossed her arms over her own chest. What was taking this elevator so long? 

"I-I'm Whee-in, I am a bartender here. Drinks will be on me tonight if you're planning on going to the bar tonight. I am so sorry for everything." 

The elevator opened and Byul-yi walked inside with Whee-in. Byul-yi considered remaining silent to show how pissed she was but as Whee-in stood next to her with her head down, Byul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter