PART TWO

Come With Me


 

marbas took the card. shuhua was still shivering. the night was cold, she was scared and wanted to cry. in fact, she was upset because of the choices she made in her life. but she didn't want to look helpless in front this glamorous woman who just kicked her disgusting boss in the head. she tried hard to look strong. marbas heard her hidden feelings and wanted to heal that ache in her heart.

"so, your name is?" shuhua asked.

"ma-..." marbas stopped when she realize she was telling her real name. 'unforgivable carelessness.' she thought. then, she saw an empty soju bottle in the corner.

"soju."

this answer made shuhua laugh out loud.

"are you serious? okay wait, i can make up better name than that, hmm...soj...soo...jin? soojin? soojin! what do you think?"

marbas, now soojin, looked into the girl's eyes, intimidating shuhua. she didn't say anything. then, shuhua's phone rang. she opened her chanel handbag and took her phone out.

"uh," she was looking at her phone screen, "i have to go now. call me tomorrow."

she walked away, leaving soojin behind. soojin kept looking at the girl's back. she was wondering if shuhua might turn back and look at her one last time. a few seconds later, shuhua looked over her shoulder, tucking her hair behind her ear. soojin saw her little smile. and then, she was all alone. for some reason, soojin decided to stay here for a while. however, immediately after this decision, the master whispered into her ear from hell. this was a really odd situation. lucifer would not whisper her when she was on duty.

"marbas, the great president of hell, the great lion. don't forget how weak you would be in the charm of power. and don't forget who you are. you have changed into this human shape at my request. "

soojin knew she was warned like the demon she had just destroyed. the difference is, she was warned by the devil himself.

shuhua walked alone into the dark streets. when she arrived home, yuqi was waiting for her on the couch.

"why didn't you answer my calls? you've got me really worried."

"i'm sorry. something happened."

"he did something, didn't he? i knew it would happen eventually. let me handle this."

"yuqi, what can we do against him?"

"whatever we can do! i didn't come this country to see you being abused by a sickening man. we should sue him."

"i really want him to rot in jail, yuqi, but i don't want to lose my job."

"i'll make sure you never lose your job. let's report him to the police."

shuhua was scared. then, she thought of the girl who saved her. she was so intimidating and captivating at the same time. 'if only i could be as fearless as her'

"shuhua?"

"okay, you're right. let's do this."

when yuqi nodded, the doorbell rang. they looked at the door first and then at each other. shuhua headed the door and opened it. the person at the door was none other than soojin.

"oh? did you just... follow me home?" shuhua asked.

"i forgot to say that i don't have a phone. and i don't have a home to go. can i stay here?"

shuhua couldn't say anything. she was just staring the girl, confused. yuqi came.

"is there a problem shu?"

just then, soojin sensed an angel aura. there were only three of them, and one of them was an angel.

"no, this is my friend, soojin. soojin, this my dear childhood friend and my manager yuqi." shuhua said.

yuqi sensed her demonic spirit, too. nevertheless, she wanted to be sure if it was coming from soojin, so, she reached out for a handshake instead of bowing her head, "hi."

soojin couldn't understand the meaning of this move and just stared. yuqi withdrew her hand and dropped it to her side. the atmosphere was awkward.

"well...o-okay, come in, soojin. you can stay here, i owe you one. but we should find you a place soon. it would be diffucult for me to hide you from media, you know."

"okay." soojin said with a really soft voice.

she sat on the couch. yuqi sat down next to her.

"i'm going to change and be right back." shuhua said, leaving the room.

soojin got up and walked away from yuqi.

"what kind of angel you are? i can sense your strong power."

yuqi smiled, "so, you are a demon. i was right. i'm a guardian angel."

"a guardian angel can't be this powerful. what are you doing here?"

"i should be asking you that. you're not like the others."

"others?"

"oops, nevermind. where's my mind? the more I stay here, the more human-like being i become."

"what are you?"

"wait, i see now. you're that demon, the president of hell, am i right?"

20 years ago | in heaven

"now, you are about to be sent to your mortal body. you will not have a guardian angel. instead, i will be reborn in human shape and protect you. this is the will of god."

"could you tell me the purpose of this?"

"you will forget it when you are born."

"still, could you tell me?"

"alright... i am an seraph. seraphim are the highest and closest angels to god. i have been commissioned by god to protect you until you die, like a guardian angel. because you are the chosen one. you have been chosen for testing the fallen angels; demons. you will have a power to charm demons. it will start on the 13th day of your 19th birth month and last 666 days."

"what happens when they are charmed by me?"

"they have a hard time to leave the world. when demons go to the earth, they must return immediately after finishing their duties. if they do not return, the master of hell will warn them through the demons from high rank. if they still do not return, they will be destroyed. this is mostly happening to the ones from lower rank. if they return, their ranks will be increased. after every duty, it will be increased gradually. and eventually, they will become angels again."

"will they always come to where i am?"

"no. it does not matter if they are near you or not. wherever they are, they will always be gravitated by your charm. also, if they stay near you, they will be weaker as time goes by.

and finally, i have to hide my divine duty from every creature, even from you."