The morning casualty of love

Only You

Merry (late) christmas and happy new year! Hope next year will be better for us all. That being said, a nice new beginning to start the new year. Hope you enjoy this chapter :)

---

Sometimes Seulgi just love a casual morning like this. No urges to wake up early or just leave her comfortable spot on the bed. Sprawled on top of the sheets with nothing to cover her self. And the woman that she loves in this entire world nestled perfectly inside the hold of her arm.

And Seungwan also loves a casual morning like this. Just laying down on top of her warm body, nestling her head on top of her comfortable left shoulder. Fingers thrumming her chest gently, feeling the soft skin grazing on her fingertips. Listening to the steady heartbeat of Seulgi’s heart thumping underneath her.

She always loves the voice of her heartbeat. It's just sounded so strong, so warm, so affectionate, so soft. Like every beat of it are made with such utmost attention to always make it sounded perfect for her ears to listen.

"You are not going out of the bed?"

Seungwan shook her head. Positioning herself closer on Seulgi's warm body. "I like it here."

"Same," answered Seulgi quickly, afraid that if she was about to answer it much later, Seungwan would change her mind of staying on the bed with her.

Her hand keeps the locks of her hair softly. Threading it gently in between her fingers, feeling the soft and silky material sensations on her skin. "What are you doing?"

"Listening to your heartbeat."

Seulgi hummed lazily from her answer. "Does it sound nice?"

"Everything is nice if it's about you."

"Glad you like it," muttered Seulgi softly before landing a peck on top of her head.

Comfortable silence engulfs them once again. Seungwan immediately goes back to her heartbeat listening. Her hand reached for Seulgi's free one, before threading her fingers against hers. Holding it securely before putting it on top of Seulgi's somehow perfectly sculpted abs. Didn’t change its form after one year of their marriage.

"You are not going to ask me?"

Seungwan chuckles softly from the question. "Why? You want to be asked?"

"That's the point of having a conversation, Princess. I asked you, then you asked me back."

"Okay," giggled Seungwan as she brought up their tangled hands, planting a kiss on Seulgi's soft skin of her hand. "What are you doing?"

"Holding you in my arms," sighed Seulgi with a hint of subtle sleepiness. "And make you listen to my beautiful heartbeat."

"So you are the one who makes me listen to your heartbeat?"

"Of course. I'm going to make you listen to it all the time if you really love it from now on."

Seungwan prompted herself up, looking at Seulgi's half sleepy face with an admiring expression on her eyes. Her wife just watched her with half-lidded eyes, even though she knew Seulgi was wondering what she was about to do. "You really missed me, weren't you?"

"Spending two nights without you in this bed is such a painful torture for me," groaned Seulgi, being reminded of how cold the other side of the bed was in the last two nights.

Her selfish self didn't want to experience it more because she doesn't think she can get use of the pain. But she knows she can't do anything about it.

As long as Seungwan always comes back to her arms, she feels quite content with it.

"We were still doing video calls."

"That is different. You were not here. Right beside me."

Seungwan giggled as she leaned forward, planting a soft kiss on top of the addicting lips of Seulgi. Fitting perfectly with her own like they are the long lost piece of puzzle, finally being connected with one another.

"And you got me worried sick when you told me you didn't feel too good there," muttered Seulgi, tightening her holds on the small body on top of her. "I almost booked a flight to Osaka that night."

"Yeah, about that." Seungwan prompted herself up better. Her face plastered a wide grin on her lips, the sight that makes Seulgi confused because what kind of sickness can make someone be this happy. "Guess what?"

Seulgi frowned from the question. "What?"

Seungwan raised her eyebrow. Her blinding smile still formed on her beautiful face, and Seulgi found herself couldn't look away from the wonderful sight. Not that she tried to do it. "Just guess. What do you think I get?"

Her frown got deeper as she felt her hand being pulled by Seungwan, before she put it on top of her exposed belly. Seulgi absentmindedly rubbed the soft skin using her fingers. "You were sick."

"Mhm. And?"

"Oh my God. Did you get sicker?" asked Seulgi with worry this time.

Seungwan only updated her that sometimes she feels like she wants to puke in the morning, or when she eats something that particularly has a strong smell. And Seulgi immediately became her worried self when her wife told her that on their usual night video call.

Seungwan clicked her tongue in annoyance. "God, you are so dense."

"Do not blame me here. You are the one who is being vague."

"Whatever," bites Seungwan back, once again laying down herself on top of her warm, strong body.

Seulgi's fingers immediately tangled themselves once again on her hair, like it was an automatic pull. the locks of her hair absentmindedly, even though her mind is currently running in questions.

Her wife has managed to make her think this much in such an early morning, the time when Seulgi mostly spends it in grumble of needing more sleep. This is a record for her mind to already be this active. And it seems like it will not stop soon.

"You are so loud when you are thinking, do you know that?"

Seulgi let out an annoyed groan. "Can't blame me. You are making me think about what happened to you back in Osaka. Did you get sicker? Is the sickness serious? But you said you are completely alright and it's just confusing me because you suddenly brought it up again. And I can't help-"

Her words got cut off with a lips planted on top of hers. "You are so talkative when you are worried," giggled Seungwan playfully, rubbing their noses together before planting another kiss on the addicting lips. "I'm okay, Seulgi. I'm completely okay."

"Then why are you bringing it up again?" grumbled Seulgi. This time she pulled herself up to prompt herself better on the bed. Scanning the playful expression that Seungwan currently wore on her face. And she still can't read even a paragraph about what it is. "You are always up for something in this kind of thing."

"That's why I asked you to guess, sweetheart," grinned Seungwan as she lays her back on the bed. Letting Seulgi do the scanning on her face before making sure that she wasn't able to read it. In fact, she loves to be the center of attention of her wife.

She put Seulgi's hand back on top of her belly, placing her own on top of hers. "Try to connect the dots."

"I'm not a detective."

"And I'm not a quiz maker. Come on, this is easy."

"This is certainly not easy when I still don't know what you mean by all of this," deadpanned Seulgi.

She wants to be mad, seriously. She doesn't like to be put in a place where she doesn't know a thing about the woman she loves. But when Seungwan let out her beautiful laugh after her protest, maybe it's okay for her to feel like this for a while.

Seungwan continues her adorable giggle, still being amused by the blank expression Seulgi currently wore right now. God, how she loves teasing her to this extent. "Okay, let's do this step by step. What is the first thing that I brought up earlier?"

"You got sick in Osaka."

She hummed in agreement. "What kind of sickness did I experience in Osaka?"

"That you always want to puke when it's in the morning or if you want to eat something that smells strong," recalled Seulgi, trying so hard to remember all the sickness that Seungwan experienced, while the latter just smiled widely at her recalling. "Then you started to crave something for things that you originally don't like."

"Mhm. And what did I do?"

Seulgi frowned again. "What did you do?"

"Yeah," shrugged Seungwan easily. "I pulled your hand, remember?"

"Oh. You put my hand on top of your belly—wait, are you having a stomachache now?"

Seungwan let out another beautiful laugh again. "Oh my God, this is funny. I can't believe you are this dense!"

Seulgi grumbled in annoyance. "Just tell me now, will you?" sighed her pleadingly.

"Okay. This is the last hint. A couple months ago, when we went to the hospital, what did we do?"

"Getting a medical check-up."

"For?"

At this point, the frown on Seulgi's forehead will develop into a permanent wrinkle. "The program—look Seungwan, I love you but you better tell me now or I swear I will go crazy if you didn't tell me what was wrong with you much sooner."

Seungwan laughed again as her palm warmly cupped her cheek in an affectionate move. "I'm pregnant, silly."

Seulgi blinked. Her face immediately turned into a dumbfounded one as she looked at Seungwan with a blank gaze.

"And you forgot about one thing, by the way. Remember when I told you that the doctor instructed me to have an important talk with you after I'm back? Yeah, this is what it's all about. I can't believe it took you longer-"

Her words got cut off, this time from Seulgi's lips touching hers. She can feel her smile blooming as their kiss goes, and Seungwan can't help to pull her closer and also smiled into the kiss.

"Oh my God, you are pregnant," breathed out Seulgi after she broke the kiss.

Seungwan slipped out her chuckle again when she felt Seulgi's palm touching her belly with a slight force. Seems eager to interact with their soon-to-be baby. "Yes, I am."

Seulgi planted a long kiss on her forehead, before moving down to kiss both of her eyes, the bridge of her nose, the supple skin of her cheeks, and ending it once again on her lips. "Thank you," sighed Seulgi, connecting their forehead together.

"There is also yourself in this, Seulgi. I can't get all the credit alone," said Seungwan as Seulgi lay down beside her. Pulling herself into a warm safe place of her arms.

"Are you feeling sick now?”

"No," sighed Seungwan contently, deepening her face on Seulgi's collarbone. "Maybe because you are here now, right beside me."

Seulgi hummed from her answer. Glad that she is now just an inch apart from her instead of several miles away. "Let's not make you too worked up or working too much from now on."

Seungwan raised her eyebrow in objection. "I already told you that I'm fine, Seulgi."

"Yeah, but we don't know what kind of thing will happen in the future."

"I am not just staying in this apartment for a full 9 months."

Seulgi let out a sigh. "Seungwan, you are pregnant."

"So?" taunted Seungwan. "Doesn't mean I can't do my usual job as an editor-in-chief or supervising the content that will be released just because I have another being inside myself."

The older woman by eleven days pulled herself up, sitting on top of the bed so she could pass her point to Seungwan in a much clearer way. "I know but, I just don't want something to happen with you, you know? That time when you told me that you are sick, it's really torturing me inside since I'm not there beside you. I can't even bring myself to sleep because my mind keeps thinking about you. And I don't think I can handle this kind of thing in the nearer future, especially when things like this involved-"

"Wow. I think I will need to get used to this version of you since my guts says I will be facing it often from now on."

Seulgi frowned. "What version?"

"Your freaking out version," giggled Seungwan.

"For the record, I am not freaking out. I'm just trying to be realistic," grumbled Seulgi, defying what sounds like the truth. "And why aren't you freaking out? You are the one who carried it."

"I don't know. Maybe I will later," shrugged Seungwan as she pulled Seulgi to lay down right beside her. “It’s not really kicked in right now."

Her wife reluctantly complied as her arm immediately wrapped themselves on her body as she positioned herself right on top of her chest. Listening to Seulgi's heartbeat once again. Can't get enough of it.

"We will have a baby together," muttered Seungwan in a slight disbelief and amazement.

"Yeah. It still feels pretty surreal for me," voiced out Seulgi softly. The thought of raising their baby together still not yet dawned on her. But nonetheless, she can't wait for what was waiting for them in the future. "I think I will need to stop calling you 'Princess' from now on."

"Why?"

"In case our baby is a girl," shrugged Seulgi. "She will be handed that title once she comes out from your belly immediately."

"Yeah?" asked Seungwan as she glanced up to look at Seulgi in the eyes. "And what will you call me from now on?"

Seulgi cradles her face with her warm palm. Slightly her cheek before locking her wonderful brown orbs with her darker ones as she said the words filled with affection in her voice. "My beautiful queen."

A soft smile bloomed on Seungwan's face as she leaned forward to capture her lips. She positioned herself better on top of her wife so she could deepen their kiss in the most comfortable way. "I love you."

"I love you too," replied Seulgi in a slight breathless tone. She takes a quick look on how their current position looks like, before releasing a deep sigh. "I think I know where things are going to escalate now."

Seungwan chuckled seductively, much to Seulgi's liking and annoyance. She is so easy to seduce. "The doctor said it's okay for us to do it, you know. And besides, don’t you want to meet our future baby?"

"You are so insufferable, do you know that?"

"And who asked first to marry me?"

Seulgi just rolled her eyes as she pulled Seungwan into a searing kiss. Letting their love language be said with actions that will always make them want more and more. A never ending cycle that the both of them truly enjoy from the deepest part of their heart.