Sometimes, early morning (is not)

Only You

To be waking up early in the morning . That’s the faith that Seulgi has been keeping for a whole life. And if she was woken up by someone in the early morning, it’s particularly something that makes mornings that already getting er.

The toddler assessing the looks that the woman in front of her currently wore right now with interest in her gaze. Slightly opened mouth with a stain of drool at the corner of her lips. Sounds of soft snores escaped from her everytime she took a breath. Arm covering her monolid eyes from the slight morning sunlight, wanting nothing to disturb her good deep sleep.

But a wish is just a mere wish when a small finger annoyingly curiously poked her cheek. Her arm uncovered her eyes because of the slight disturbance. Her head moves to the left side, finding her three years old daughter is currently flashing her wide grin towards her.

She let out a tired sigh as she turned her back from her daughter, fixing her blanket in the process. “Ryujin, it’s still early in the morning. Let Umma sleep.”

“It’s 8, Umma! It’s time to wake up! Jinnie wants milk!”

“Umma’s time to wakey is an hour later. Now, Jinnie, go play with your toys and stop disturbing me.”

“Markie is wakey!”

“Yeah?” asked her, uninterested with the fact that Ryujin just told her. “Go take care of him instead of playing with your toys then.”

The sharp elbow of another woman who was currently laying down with her touched the side of her body harshly, making her let out a pained groan from the agonizing hit. “Stop being a lazy bum and just wake up.”

“This is another form of domestic violence, you know that, right?”

“Ignoring your child is another form of parents negligence towards their kids, you know that, right?”

She let out another groan. This time is a groan of dissatisfaction and irk. “Why don’t you just wake up instead of me?”

“She asked for you, Seulgi. Not me,” concluded Seungwan in her final tone.

Seulgi let out another exhale as she grudgingly pulled herself up to sit at the edge of her side of the bed. Her eyes that are still hazy from sleep trying to throw an invisible dagger towards her daughter who somehow still have the same expression. Didn’t feel affected a bit with her silent threatening. Her lips let out a soft groan. “You are not going to make Umma’s life easy aren’t you, princess?”

Ryujin still flashed her wide grin innocently, sticking out both of her hands towards Seulgi. A silent asking to be picked up.

Sigh somehow being the only thing that always came out from that morning. “Fine. Come here,” instructed Seulgi as she prepared herself to pick up her daughter. Ryujin skipped her tiny legs happily towards her mother. Almost let out an excited squeal in the process of being picked up. Seulgi shushed her softly. “What are you gaining from being so loud in the morning, huh? Let’s not disturb Mama’s sleep, okay?”

Seulgi let out a soft chuckle as Ryujin cutely made a shushing motion, putting her index finger right in front of her wide, happy grin. Together, they leave the slightly dark main bedroom to be greeted with a massive amount of morning sunlight after she opened the door. The number one thing that Seulgi dislikes the most.

She carefully lowered her daughter on top of the customized long, black sofa right in front of the TV. Safely tucking her in the comfortable cushion with a sitting position. “Umma is going to check on Markie. Wait for Umma here, okay princess?”

Ryujin just nodded happily as she waited for her mom to turn on the TV and started to play the cartoon she loved the most. Once she checked that her daughter was already alright and okay for her to leave her for a while, her legs lazily brought her towards where her son is located.

Wide, curious eyes met her still slightly sleepy orbs once she opened the room of her son’s bedroom. There he was, Mark, sprawled comfortably on top of his bed. Playing the small teddy bear that Seulgi bought for him in Japan when she has a work trip there.

Seulgi almost let out her coo when she looked at how cute her son is. In his light blue pyjama that her wife insistly bought for him when he was still inside Seungwan’s belly, he looked at her like she was the most important thing that exists in this world. And it’s just made her heart melt.

“How is the condition of my prince in the morning today?” asked Seulgi softly, crouching on the side of his bed while she lightly fixed his thick black bed hair with her fingers.

Mark just tilted his head to the side, still looking at her mom with curiosity and interest inside his brown orbs. The same orbs like her. The orbs that her wife loves unconditionally. “Umma.”

“You are always so calm in the morning,” muttered Seulgi softly. Her index finger is currently being held by his son’s tiny fingers. Wrapped tightly around her. “How I wish your sister has the same energy as you at this time of the day, so she could stop disturbing and waking Umma up when I’m still sleepy.”

He didn’t let out a response. Maybe a bit mumbling from playing with his mouth, but his main answer is his body movement. And this time, Mark tilted his head to the other side.

Seulgi let out a sigh because of that. “I guess I can’t just get two at the same time when I already have one. Do not grow up like your wild sister, okay Markie?”

“Buh.”

“Umma is going to accept that as a yes, Markie,” concluded Seulgi as she picked up her son, cradling him softly within her arms. His tiny fist still holding onto the small teddy bear, and Seulgi didn’t have any motivation to pull it away from his grasp and put it back on top of the bed. So she just let him bring the toy as she changed his diapers and cleaned him in a movement that her muscle has remembered by memory, before bringing him to the dining room.

After she puts Mark securely on his baby chair in the dining room, Seulgi automatically reaches the place where Seungwan arranges boxes of formula milk for their child. She poured a mix of hot water and the room temperature water to make it warm into the bottle, before pouring a powder of formula designated for Mark to drink.

“Umma!” exclaimed Ryujin after she skipped happily from the living room. Seulgi almost forgot that her daughter had already woken up and was fresh in the morning. “Ryujin milk too!”

“Yeah,” replied Seulgi lazily. Shaking the bottle to dissolve the powder inside and becoming one with the warm water. “Go sit in your chair. Umma will make milk for you after I’m done with Mark.”

Ryujin nodded as she swiftly climbed the baby chair for herself right beside Mark’s. The beautiful brown orbs of Mark watching his sister’s movement with interest, his hands still fiddling on his beloved small teddy bear. After she is safely seated at her baby chair, Ryujin leans in to land a big fat kiss on Mark’s chubby cheek. “Good morning, Markie!”

“Noona,” murmured Mark from her greeting, still looking at his sister with curiosity inside his eyes before shifting his gaze back to the teddy bear in his hands.

Seulgi put the bottle filled with warm milk for Mark at his table. The boy immediately grabbed the bottle and the milk out of it with delight. Ryujin can only see her baby brother drinking his milk as she waits while Seulgi makes one for her. Her eyes flashed in hunger. “Umma, can Ryujin drink Markie’s milk?”

“No,” answered Seulgi immediately with a stern tone, looking over her shoulder first to check if her daughter disturbs Mark or not before continuing making her milk. Using the same method as earlier. “Be patient for a bit. Ryujin can be patient, right?”

“Ryujin is a good girl so Ryujinnie can be patient!!” exclaimed her in a loud voice.

She just chuckled softly from her loud shouting as she continued to prepare her milk. After it was done, Seulgi immediately gave the bottle to her. “Enjoy your milk, princess,” said Seulgi as she ruffled her daughter’s hair softly.

Ryujin immediately grabbed the bottle and drank her delicious milk with such eagerness. Seulgi can only smile softly at the sight of her child enjoying things that make them happy. They’re not really that hard to be told to eat something as they can eat everything. But still, watching them even just for a simple thing like drinking milk is something that can make Seulgi’s heart soar to the highest spot.

“So, who makes the milk better? Umma or Mama?”

“Mama!” yelled Ryujin excitedly, immediately going back to enjoy her milk.

Seulgi’s happy face immediately changed into a playful sour expression. “Thanks for the bit of information, my princess. Remind me to never make milk for you again.”

Her daughter decided to ignore her sulky reaction, making her shake her head softly while her lips still plastered the small smile. Seulgi chose to immediately prepare a breakfast for all of them, deciding to make a good batch of pancake batter using the pancake mix that she just bought a couple days ago after Seungwan requested her to buy it on her way to going back home.

She just finished pouring one ladle of pancake batter on top of the hot pan when her wife finally woke up from her sleep. “Oh? My babies have drunk their milk?”

“Mama!” greeted Ryujin in a loud voice as her eyes brightened from seeing her other mother have finally joined them.

Seungwan planted a soft kiss on her daughter’s cheek as her morning greeting for her daughter. “Ryujinnie just finished your milk?”

Ryujin nods excitedly, happy to see the smiling approval from her mother. “Mama’s milk tastier than Umma’s!”

She just let out a laugh as her ears picked up a snort coming from her wife in the kitchen. “That’s Mama’s smart daughter,” praised Seungwan as she the soft short hair of her daughter. “And how my baby boy has been doing?”

“Mama,” murmured Mark softly, reaching out his hands as a silent plea to be picked up by his mother. Seungwan granted his wish much to his delight as she immediately picked him up and put him securely on her arms. The boy immediately nestled his head on her collarbone, tickling her skin using his thick soft hair.

“Good morning, Markie,” greeted Seungwan softly as she landed a soft kiss on top of his head. “Have you enjoyed your milk?”

Mark nodded on her skin as his hand grabbed the t-shirt that she wore tightly. “Umma.”

“Yes, Umma made you the milk,” chuckled Seungwan as she landed another kiss on his forehead. “Good boy.”

Seungwan put Mark back on his baby seat before walking towards the kitchen. Seulgi is currently cooking the second pancake when she felt her wife’s arms slithered its way to encircle on her waist. “Hey,” noticed Seulgi as she looked to her side to be greeted with a wide smile that plastered on Seungwan’s face.

“Good morning,” greeted Seungwan before tip-toeing her way to plant a soft kiss on her lips, tightening the hold on her waist after she pulled back as her head nestled perfectly on Seulgi’s left shoulder. “What are you making?”

“Pancake,” muttered Seulgi. “Just an easy breakfast this morning.”

A chuckle slipped out from . “Making pancakes is not easy though?”

Seulgi shrugged her shoulder from the claim. “Add pancake mix with egg and water, mix it for a while, done. Just cook it on a hot pan then your pancake has been served.”

Seungwan scrunched her forehead slightly from the weird sleepy tone that her wife used. She looked up to see her expression, only to be greeted with the infamous sleepy face of hers, and a hint of dark eye bags underneath her eyes. The wrinkle on her forehead deepens in dislike and worry. “How late did you work last night?”

“Until 2,” answered Seulgi with a slight yawn. “Too many deadlines this week and I still need to review my team’s design before offering it to the meeting next Monday.”

Her eyes flashed into worry. “Go back to sleep, then. I will handle this by myself.”

The taller woman raised her eyebrow curiously. “Are you sure? I’m alright with this, you know.”

“I’m also alright with this,” reassured Seungwan as she patted her back softly and kissed her cheek. “Go back to sleep. I will wake you up in a couple hours.”

Seulgi looked at her for a while just to see if she was pretty serious about this. Once Seungwan threw her a glance of ‘no more debate and just went back to sleep’, she easily shrugged her shoulders and went back to their bedroom in a sleepy stride.

To be waking up in the early morning always for her. Even now. But sometimes, no matter how much it is, this kind of morning is always enjoyable for her. Maybe she could spar morning for a bit like this. Especially if she could enjoy more sleep to wake up much later in the morning.

---

She spoke too soon.

You see, when Seungwan told her to go back to sleep, Seulgi expected a sleep when no one disturb her sleep at all and let her wake up whenever her body wanted to. No matter how late it is.

She didn’t expect to be waking up being hit by a flying and loud cannonball.

“Umma, wake up!” yelled Ryujin as she excitedly jumped with the help of the springy bed and landed perfectly on top of her mother’s unguarded body.

Seulgi huffed a pained groan as the result of the unwanted impact. “Jinnie, Umma is still sleepy,” grumbled Seulgi, both in annoyance and pain.

“It’s 10! Mama said Umma needs to wakey!” exclaimed Ryujin loudly as she comfortably sprawled her body on top of Seulgi.

“Then go back to Mama and tell her no need to bother to wake Umma up,” instructed Seulgi with a voice still deeply laced with sleep.

“Mama said, if Umma refuses to wakey, Mama will throw away all of Umma’s instant noodles stock to the garbage!”

Her body instantly shot herself up the moment she heard the threat spilled out from Ryujin’s mouth. “Your Mama is such an evil soul. Don’t you think so, princess?” asked Seulgi in a deadpan expression.

Ryujin just giggled as her answer, too happy for being successfully waking her Umma up from her sleep for the two consecutive times in the same morning. The small girl just threw herself easily to her mother, getting ready to be picked up by her arms.

Seulgi just chuckled from her action. “Where’s Umma good morning kiss?”

Her little girl slipped out a giggle before shooting herself up, catching her lips in a sweet peck. “Good morning, Umma,” muttered Ryujin softly with a bright smile plastered on her lips.

“Good morning, princess,” greeted Seulgi as she landed a big kiss on her daughter’s chubby cheek. “Let’s go to Mama and Markie now.”

With ease, Seulgi picked up her daughter and nestled her perfectly in her arms and brought her out from her beloved bedroom. She put Ryujin on top of the long black couch for her to accompany Mark playing with his toys, or just watching the cartoon that Seungwan played. Once she checked that her daughter is perfectly nestled, she goes to the dining room only to find Seungwan already sitting herself comfortably in one of the chairs.

On the table, she was already being served a plate filled with stacks of pancakes drizzled in maple syrup plus a small block of butter that has started to melt because of the hot surface of the cake. A mug filled with hot coffee and creamer placed right beside the plate.

She kissed Seungwan on the lips as their usual morning greeting before circling the dining table to sit at her seat. “This is quite a fancy breakfast,” pointed Seulgi softly as she sat on her seat, looking at the breakfast platter in front of her.

Seungwan just let out a soft chuckle as she brought up her mug filled with refreshing orange juice. “Well, kind of thinking you deserve it after pulling an all nighter last night.”

Small smile grazed the soft feature of Seulgi’s lips. “Thank you, Seungwan-ah.”

“You’re welcome,” replied Seungwan as she stood up from her seat and went towards where Seulgi is, leaning her face to her ear. “After all, I’m kind of such an evil soul for making you wake up early this morning, am I?”

Seulgi, who in the process of listening was delightfully taking a sip of her coffee, suddenly choked on her drink while Seungwan walked away with an evil cackle being released from . Didn’t feel emphatic the slightest from the poor condition of her wife.

Well, sometimes early morning does not after all. Not as as this late morning.

---

omg its been so long since the last tine I made a wenseul story lmao anyway, if you haven't noticed it already, I used Itzy's Ryujin and NCT's Mark as their child. And also, I made Ryujin older than Mark in this story just because its much more fittiing for the story jfkjdfdkj i hope all of you can understand behind this choice that I made.

So, this will be just mainly a short story. Will just jumping around the timeline not having an exact connection in each plot beside them as a family, and maybe more focusing at the time when their kids is still toddlers. And that's it. I hope it's light enough and enjoyable for all of you.

This will be just a side project of mine, I guess. Since right now I'm more into writing just whatever I like at the moment. That's why I'm still not continuing the *cough* other story aka sots *cough* okay fine it's getting longer. Please, kindly tell me what you think about this family! See you in the next chapter!