The Horrors You'll Never Know About

La Danse Macabre || Halloween Short Stories | WayV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
5 THE HORRORS YOU'LL NEVER KNOW ABOUT    

Inei was sitting  in the hospital room, she was exhausted with hot tears flowing over her face.

 

Why did life have to be so cruel just when she started to find happiness? 

 

She had an awful childhood with abusive parents but once she entered uni, everything started to get better. She met an amazing guy who was now her husband. Few years of dating, they got married and they had a child together.

 

But when she went to the hospital for a monthly medical checkup, her child who was not even one year old yet, suddenly died. And since Fate didn't seem to have played with her enough, her husband turned out to be abusive and violent with her.

 

“If you were not such a useless then my son would still be alive” 

 

“You should have been the one to die.”

 

He didn't care about her, he just wanted a son.

 

He started to show his true face.

 

He beated her over every insignificant mistake and abused her both emotionally and physically. Her days were filled with hits and him degrading her. As time went by, she was used to it and she didn't even try to defend herself anymore. 

 

These words played over and over in her mind as the tears flowed more over her face. Why was life so cruel towards her? Why can't she find happiness? Maybe she was really that useless, maybe he was right. She should have just died. 

 

“Inei?” 

 

The woman looked up emotionlessly at the person calling her name. Her eyes widened a bit as she saw her best friend from university, Dong Sicheng. She smiled weakly at him but she was too tired and exhausted from the loss of her child to the wounds of her abusive husband that she couldn't even show her excitement.

 

“Inei what happened to you?” His calm voice seems to sooth her. He sat down next to her and frowned when he noticed her bruised cheeks and arms.

 

She just shook her head, “Nothing much Sicheng. Life has always been bad towards me.” He touched her bruised lips and she just moved her head away and avoided eye contact with him.

 

She didn’t want him to see her like that. 

 

All her friends had told her that Sicheng always had a thing for her, he was a kind and nice person. But she made the mistakes of choosing someone other than him, she knew that all the horrendous things that happened was her fault. Her husband from the beginning had always given her red flags but she kept on ignoring it.

 

She was clinging onto what she thought was happiness. 

 

In the beginning, her husband was nice but after a few months, the mask already dropped. She thought having a child with him would make him change but that hope was an illusion. He only cared about the son but after he died, the nightmares got worse.

 

“I’ll get some water for you.” Sicheng said before getting off from his seat and walking down the hallway where there was a vending machine.

 

The only happiness and warmth she had got in her life was her time with Sicheng.

 

She wished she could just turn back time and changed everything. 

 

Inei closed her eyes for few seconds but then she felt someone yanked her hair, she gasped and realised it was her husband, “You now you’re ing with other man.” He yanked her hair more and she fell on the ground with the tears flowing over her already stained cheeks.

 

She was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter