Seven

A Series of (Un)fortunately WenRene Events
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Day 29-31:
camping house + Canada + thank you

 

 


Part seven

 

 

“Welcome to ‘Wendy’s Camping House’!” Seungwan exclaimed, smiling widely at the members as she waved her hands, presenting the already-made tent to them

 

 

 Joohyun frowned at what Seungwan said, refuting her girlfriend’s claim. “What are you saying? It’s ‘Irene’s Camping House’.”

 

Joy, Yeri, and Seulgi laughed loudly at the embarrassed member who’s growing redder the more she stood her ground at what Joohyun declared. Joohyun and her had a staring contest, faces growing closer despite Seungwan’s embarrassment, eyes boring at each other not letting the other members jest bother them.

 

 

 Upon the appearance of Joohyun’s notorious smirk, that slight tug on the left corner of her lips that often fluster any by-standers, Seungwan’s eyes grew the size of a saucer, face beet red as Joohyun, seeing Seungwan’s scan her face, bit her lip seductively. Despite being together for years, Seungwan still isn’t immune to the charms of Bae Joohyun, lips pursed in a thin lip, looking like smoke’s about to come out of her ears, Seungwan muttered just what Joohyun said, dragging each syllable like her tongue turned into lead, a forced admission to her girlfriend’s claim, “Welcome to Irene’s Camping House.” Joohyun smiled at her like she’s a 5-year old who just learned the spelling of ‘orange’, tapping at Seungwan’s cheek teasingly.

 

 

The once thick green foliage of the trees changing to the color of orange and yellow, seasons a-changing from Spring to Autumn. Wind breeze blowing colder, the scent of dry leaves and the soft rustling of the trees around them. Red Velvet is finally given an opportunity to take a break after years of being under the flashy lights and the public’s scrutiny. After Joohyun mindlessly blurted during the LUP spin-off about camping together as five, the management gave them the heads up to do just as they pleased.

 

 


Reminiscent to what happened during Level Up Project Season 2, Red Velvet finally were given an opportunity to do another camping trip. But with a certain member in mind, Joohyun thought it’d be great to do that somewhere far from home.  This time, with all five of them present and healthy – none of them suffering from aching tummies or such – they agreed to camping but in Canada.  

 

 

The trip took two-weeks to plan. With every member in mind; Yeri with her ability to just eat whatever she wants, bought the necessary medicines for whatever sickness she’s feeling (most especially the ones for diarrhea or stomachache), Seulgi was in-charge of the photography (and supposedly, with the food as well, but we all know where those goes to when it comes to Seulgi, right?), Joy managed to find the tents big enough to fit five (or in Yeri and Seungwan’s words, “preferably something like the magical tent in Harry Potter”), Seungwan called her mom faster than Joohyun can say ‘baeby bunbun’, so the hotel’s a no-go when The Son’s have a 40-roomed mansion. And Joohyun was in-charge of every member which means she basically calls the shots.

 

 

Joohyun recalled how the members literally buzzed in excitement, singing Zimzalabim every chance they get. Exclaiming ‘Zimzalabim!’, while they packed their bags, when they got out of the door, when they boarded the car, when they’re in front of the check-in counter, and boarded their plane. You’d think a 14-hour flight to Toronto can shut them up but not with Yeri and Seulgi alternately tapping their shoulders almost every hour just to whisper ‘Zimzalabim to Canada!’ 

 


But enduring all that, Joohyun doesn’t have the heart to shush her members. She’d smile at them adoringly, playing along at saying their overly used song lyric. Oh, how thankful she is that Seungwan’s parents was such a good host and had such a lovely home. The 12-hours of sleep she lost were all accounted after they all drop dead in their respective rooms in the Son’s humble abode.

 

 


“Are you happy?”

 

 

Joohyun didn’t notice Seungwan come up beside her, she looked at her girlfriend, whose eyes seem to mirror the stars in the night sky. She observed the hustle and bustle of her members doing their own chores. After that whole fiasco earlier when Yeri and Seulgi almost hit Joy with the poles, the parents took it upon themselves to finish the tent. Dark orbs twinkling in mirth, lush pink lips stretched into that charming smile, Joohyun felt warmth travel down to her stomach. Cold breeze blew and Joohyun can’t help but shiver making her clutch Seungwan jacket-clad arm, her girlfriend wrapping her in an embra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter