Five

A Series of (Un)fortunately WenRene Events
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Day 26: concert buddy 

 

 

 

Part five

 

 


It was the much awaited night of the year. It’s in every news platform and news sites in the country. The posters are scattered in various places around Seoul. It’s the talk of the town and Seungwan has been looking forward to it since then.

 

 

 

“Seungwan! Calm down!” one of their managers grabbed the exicted member by her shoulders and looked her in the eye, “We got you the seats right in front of the stage, okay?” Seungwan nodded excitedly, jumping in place. “Don’t attract too much attention.  Joohyun—“

 

 


“Yes, unnie?”

 

 


“We’ll be right outside the security area. If there’s anything  you need, you got us on speed dial.”

 

 

 

“Okay, unnie. Can you now, please, let go of Seungwan? I think she already got the memo.”

 

 

 

Manager-unnie immediately let go of Seungwan after seeing that malicious glint in Joohyun’s eyes. “Also the kids—“

 

 

 

“Joy’s gonna behave and so is Seul. They had a misunderstanding since this morning and Seungwan here hopes they’re gonna make up before LANY sings 4EVER.” The manager watched dumbfounded as Joohyun explained, the group leader’s sound explanation giving her a mild whiplash, she doesn’t even know about the band until Seungwan bugged her about it, although, her immediate confusion when Seulgi rode shotgun earlier while Joy sat between Wendy and Irene is now cleared. She nodded her head, dazed.

 

 

 

“Seungwan—“ The manager looked around them, looked at Joohyun who looked at her and also looked around them. “Where’s Son Seungwan?” Confused, they looked around the lobby, and at the two managers who’s looking after Seulgi and Joy, who just shook their head. Their night has barely started and they already lost one member, Manager-unnie palmed her face in frustration. And they lost the easily excitable member. The member who loses herself when she sees something that attracts her, Goodness, she glanced at Joohyun who looked like she’s about to cry and beat someone up at the same time.

 

 

 

“Son Seungwan!” 

 

 

 

“Seungwan ah!” Their cries echoed around the empty hall, calling out her name in vain. They have five minutes before the concert starts and now Seungwan’s run off to godknowswhere again.

 

 

 

“SON SEUNGWA—“ 

 

 

 

“Hyuuuuuun!” her girlfriend came running and crashed her in a hug, wrapping lithe arms her body and burying her cute little head in the crook of her neck. Joohyun was about to scold her girlfriend when she felt wetness in the exposed area around her neck.

 

 

 

“Love, what’s wrong?” softly patting and rubbing her back, Joohyun tried to pull away to look at her but Seungwan clung on.

 

 


“Deyb rawn out off NANY mwerch!” and Joohyun’s heart broke at the sound of girlfriend’s voice so sad and broken after knowing her favorite band doesn’t have merch on sale at the venue.

 

 

 

“Aww honey. It’s fine. We’ll find some other place that sells their merch okay?”

 

 

 

Seungwan abruptly pulled away, cheeks damp and eyes glistening with tears, “But I won’t have anything to bring home after tonight, Hyuun!”

 

 

 

“Wannie—“

 

 

 

“Joohyun, Seungwan. Come on. The show’s about to start.”

 

 

 

“Okay, unnie. We’ll be there.” Joohyun watched as Seungwan wiped her cheeks off the sleeve of her sweater, she reached out to wipe the snot off her nose and looked at her straight in the eyes, “You’re wrong, Wan.”

 

 

 

She left it at that as she pulled Seungwan along with her towards the concert hall.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Joohyun’s been checking her phone since they arrived inside the concert hall. She’s waiting for their manager’s unnie reply asking if she found any LANY merch for Seungwan. Thirty seconds more before the set starts, Seungwan still frowning and sniffing from time to time. Joohyun sighed. Yerim should have gone with them. Their youngest has better ways in taking away her Unnie’s frown than having to make their managers scour the entire building for LANY merch.

 

 

 

Hand under her chin, an idea popped inside her head. Maybe I could ‘accidentally bump’ one of the concertgoers and asked them for their LANY merch, she smirked at the thought, thinking that it could work. Joohyun was about to stand up but the lights suddenly went off, soft bass surrounding the hall and then came out LANY.

 

 

 

“Hyun! It’s starting!” Joohyun felt a hand grabbed her elbow, sinking her back to the cushions of their seat.

 

 

 

Late night, your eyes fell to the floor
I’m trying to make sense
But you’re losing your patience
Hands talk, won’t stop, we go to war
In the heat of the moment
You think that we’re broken

 

 

 

Joohyun isn’t fluent in English but she could understand most of the lyrics and with Seungwan screaming along with the crowd as Paul Klein literally went from end to end on stage, boosting the audience screams. Joohyun can’t really relate to the song but the overall mood and the music is getting to her. She looked to her righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter