Chapter 11

Love Me Again (Ongoing)

            That night as Jaejoong silently went to bed, different thoughts were continuously clouding his mind.

 

            And as he slipped into a dream… only one thing was on his head…

 

****

            Jaejoong walked… The place was dark and blurry at first, but then as time passed, everything started to become clear.

 

            He was in the park. The same park that he and Lena used to spend their time together.

 

            He kept on walking… and walking …

 

            Suddenly he heard someone scream. Somehow it sounded like someone he knew. He quickly ran to where the scream came from.

 

            In an instant, he was faced with a scene that he had never imagined he would see.

 

            His whole body trembled as the scene he was looking at finally sank into his consciousness.

 

            “Lena,” he uttered.

 

            Lying helpless on the ground was Lena. Her clothes were already torn and a young man was already on top of her… touching her…

 

            He quickly saw the tears that were falling from Lena’s eyes. A small piece of cloth was stuffed into so she could no longer make any sound.

 

            He rushed to her side. He wanted to help her. But as he tried to grab the guy that on top of Lena, his hands just passed straight through the guy’s body.

 

            He tried to grab the guy again, but his hands were like grabbing on to thin air.

 

            He continuously tried to stop the guy from molesting Lena. But everything he did was useless. The young man just kept on touching her greedily.

 

            Jaejoong screamed. Everything was driving him mad. How he wanted to help her but there was nothing he could do.

 

            Then… the young man started to Lena. Jaejoong felt like someone was stabbing him over and over again.

 

            There was nothing he could do… but look… look at the tears that continuously fell from Lena’s eyes, as her innocence and purity was destroyed.

 

            Jaejoong cried. He thought that any moment he was going to lose his sanity.

 

            He tried to close his eyes, but he couldn’t do it. He just kept on staring at Lena as she was continuously by one guy … and another … and another…

 

            Jaejoong screamed again and again. He couldn’t take it anymore. He wanted to kill those guys that have hurt the girl he loved. He wanted to make them pay for what they have done to her.

 

            Suddenly everything became black…

 

Then after a few seconds… he saw Lena lying on the ground, covered in blood.

 

He quickly ran to her side. And as he stared at Lena’s lifeless body, he screamed one last time…

 

***

Jaejoong quickly opened his eyes and got out of his bed. He was already covered in cold sweat.

 

“It was all a bad dream,” he uttered with a sigh of relief.

 

Slowly he looked around his room. Somehow he wanted to check if he was still dreaming or not. It was like everything in his dream felt so real.

 

He started think… and then afterwards he started to feel weak. He suddenly realized that everything in his dream actually happened. Slowly he felt weak that he just sat down on the side of his bed, He kept on staring blankly in front of him.

 

“Why? Why can’t it be just a dream? Why does it have to be real?” he uttered as he cried in complete grief.

 

The next day….

 

            The DBSK boys hurriedly went to Ellie’s apartment as soon as they were finished with their work.

 

            Jaejoong tried to act like he was normal again. But all the other DBSK members knew that he was hurting so much … inside.

 

            “Hyung, are you sure… you want to see Ellie and Micky together?” Max asked before they entered the apartment.

 

            Jaejoong tried to smile. “I have no objections just as long as Lena becomes well again.”

 

            Micky sighed. “This is it, Jae. You can still stop me now,” he said as if trying to ask Jae’s permission again.

 

            Jaejoong just shook his head and smiled bitterly. “I have no intention of stopping you. In fact, even if you back out now… I would be the one begging you to continue with the plan. I intend to help her in becoming her normal self again. I want her to live like a normal girl again.”

 

            “But hyung,” Max uttered to Jaejoong. Somehow he wanted to say something… but U-Know had already signaled him to stop talking. They were all concerned with Jaejoong’s feelings, so they just tried to accept his decision.

 

            “Very well. Remember I am doing this because you asked me too. And because I also want to help her… But again, I am warning you… Don’t blame me if by chance I fall in love with her or she falls in love with me… This is a big gamble you’re making Jaejoong. I do hope that you know what you’re doing.”

 

            Jaejoong nodded. “Don’t worry. I am quite sure about this. Please help Lena… I love her with all my heart so I am willing to do anything for her.”

 

            As the DBSK boys entered the apartment, they found Samar already waiting for them in the living room. Somehow she looked quite tired and sad. So they immediately knew that Ellie’s condition wasn’t getting better.

 

            “How is Ellie?” Micky asked Samar.

 

            Samar looked at Micky, with sadness in her eyes. “She’s the same as before. She’s still unresponsive and quite violent sometimes. Frankly I’m afraid that she’s really getting worse,” she uttered.

 

            “How can I help?” Micky quickly asked.

 

            Samar sighed again. "To tell the truth, I'm already out of ideas. Ellie's case is really becoming hopeless. She's totally withdrawn into her own world. Even the doctor who's taking care of her case seems to be having seconds thoughts about handling her case."

 

            "What? How can a doctor do that? Aren't they supposed to treat a patient until they get well?" Max asked angrily.

 

            Samar tried to smile bitterly. "Somehow I think he's right. Ellie is much worse than before. And I'm afraid that in just a few days more. . . she will have to be bound by straps again."

 

            "Straps? What do you mean? Do you mean you're going to tie her down like a dog?" Jaejoong asked with shock and irritation.

 

            Samar stared at Jaejoong with sadness in her eyes. Then she nodded. "Even if we don't want to do it. . .we don't really have any other choice. We have already removed all the objects in her room that might eventually hurt her. We're afraid she might start committing suicide again."

 

            "Suicide? Did... did she really try to do it?" Micky asked with disbelief.

 

            "Yes, more than a dozen times. She's tried slashing her wrist, drinking assorted drugs, drinking poisons," Samar suddenly stopped talking. Then she took a deep breath before continuing. "She even tried running in front of a speeding car, jumping out of a window... You can try and think of different ways on how to commit suicide... I believe she has already done all of it," she said with grief in her voice.

 

            "Tell me... what am I supposed to do now?" Micky asked as if confused.

 

            "Give her a reason to live again. Make her believe that someone would actually love her even if she's gone through so much. Make her fall in love with you... even if we all know it's not real. Give her a reason... so that she will want to give life another chance," Krizzia suddenly said as she entered the room.

 

            "How is she?" Samar asked Krizzia immediately.

 

            "Asleep. I already gave her a sedative," Krizzia quickly replied.

 

            "Have she spoken yet? I mean..." Samar started to ask again.

 

            "No, she's still not herself. Even if she speaks, it's all gibberish or she just tells her story over and over again," Krizzia said as she started to massage her temple. Somehow just seeing Ellie so pitiful and miserable was making her sick.

 

            "I see," Samar nodded her head sadly.

 

            "Are you all sure about what we're going to do? I mean... are you really serious about the part wherein... I am supposed to make her fall in love with me? Have you guys thought about what will happen if she does becomes normal again, and she learns the truth. Wouldn't that be more painful for her? Have you ever considered that maybe that kind of situation will make her more sick afterwards?" Micky asked with a serious look on his face. He wasn't really sure about what he was getting himself into. So he needed to ask and somehow he wanted some sort of assurance that he wouldn't be blamed in the end.

 

            "We really don't have any choice. Do you think we actually like asking you guys for help? Samar and I have already swallowed up our pride just to have the courage to ask you guys for help. So you don't have to worry. We have already thought about the consequences a million times... And we are willing to take all the blame if something goes wrong in the end," Krizzia said straight at Micky.

           

            "Please I don't mean to offend anyone," Micky tried to apologize.

 

            "Krizzia, please stop being so harsh on them. They have already agreed to help us. So please let's just all work together to find a cure for Ellie," Samar said with a low voice.

           

            Micky nodded his head. He then closed his eyes for a few seconds, before finally opening them again. He then looked straight at Jaejoong. "I am ready now. Please before we start this... let me say one thing... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the pain I will be giving you."

 

            Jaejoong tried to smile. "You don't have to say sorry. In fact, I should be the one saying thank you. Thank you for helping. I know this is really hard on you. And I will be forever grateful..."

 

            Krizzia's heart ached as she saw the pain and sadness in Jaejoong's eyes. She just looked in a different direction. She didn't want to think about Jaejoong or Micky's situation. All she wanted to think about was Ellie. She wants her to be cured even if it meant hurting other people in the process. She didn't care about the boys... she kept on repeating in her head.

 

            As Micky slowly entered Ellie's room, Jaejoong's heart was slowly crying out in pain. He suddenly lowered his head so to hide his tears from the others. "I think I need to go for a while... Call of nature," he lied. He quickly stood up and went straight to the comfort room. But his friends already saw the tears... How they pitied him and somehow they wanted to comfort him. But they knew he needed to be alone.

 

            While inside, Jaejoong stared at his reflection in the mirror. "You have to be strong. You've got to hold on. For her sake, you have to bear all the pain. Smile and act like nothing's wrong. Just... just..." he kept on repeating to himself. He then suddenly broke down into a sob.

 

            He should be the one taking care of Ellie. He should be the one holding her. He should be the one she learns to love.

 

            But those things were impossible. Because now... he was the one she hates.