Chapter 7

Wolves

Chapter 7

 

Jisung felt cold. Although he heard the crackling of the fire, he felt so incredibly cold. Hyunjin had left him alone again. Hyunjin had let Mr. Park enter this room. Hyunjin didn’t stop Mr. Park from demanding the things he wanted. And Jisung was scared.

 

It began with slight touches and through Jisungs hair. You’re beautiful, he’d whispered in his ear. I can give you everything you need. Empty promises and even if he’d meant them, Jisung didn’t want any of it. Mr. Park let his hands wander over his body, exploring every little inch of it. This wasn’t right. Jisung hadn’t allowed it. Yet the Vampire did what he did. He was talking to Jisung, telling him that he’s proud of his new puppy, that it took a while for Jisung to adapt, but even foolish puppies could learn.

 

Jisung shivered. Indeed, he had learned. He knew better and forced himself to do nothing, to simply sit on the bed next to the Vampire and let him have his way with Jisung. At some point, it would be over, right? Everything has to come to an end, even nightmares. If he would just sit here and not fight against it, it would soon be over. Mr. Park would soon be done.

 

Suddenly he felt teeth on his neck. Teeth that slowly were pinned in his flesh. Jisung breathed heavily, because of the pain running through his body. He tried to ease the pain with an even breath. Mr. Park was on his skin, drinking his blood. Jisung shivered more. He’d never imagined the vampire drinking his blood, the blood of a werewolf. “You’re tasting good.”, he murmured in a lustful voice. Jisung could tell his movements became sloppy but the pressure in his hands became stronger on his body.

 

Jisung closed his eyes. Trying to let his mind drift far away. He listened to the fire and began to keep his senses directed to any other things around him but not on the things Mr. Park was doing.

 

He heard the door open and Jisung could have bet to smell one of his favorite scents for a short moment. Jisung asked himself who it was and why he was allowed to enter without knocking and he asked himself why Mr. Park just didn’t stop. Instead, he squeezed his tight more and over his neck. The Vampire was caught up in his lust.

 

There was something like a loud blow and then Mr. Parks body fell down on his. “What…?”, he whimpered confused, not daring to use his hands to at least feel what happened. Then Mr. Park's body was dragged off from Jisung before he felt a cold hand on his cheek. “We don’t have much time, Jisung. We have to hurry.”

 

“Hyun…jin…”, Jisung mumbled confusedly. The blonde came back to him. He didn’t leave him. Hyunjin cared for him. Jisung felt a woolen blanket over his shoulders. “It’s cold outside but we don’t have time to change you. This has to do it.” The wolf grabbed the blanket, welcoming the embracing warmth. “What do you mean by that?”

 

“When I say we don’t have much time, I want you to climb on my back. You can’t walk let alone run in your current state. Come on.” Hyunjin grabbed Jisungs hand and shoved him on his back. “Hold on tight, Han.” And then Hyunjin ran.

 

“But Mr. Park…” There was nothing Jisung didn’t want more than leaving this place. But he didn’t want to bring Hyunjin in danger as well.

 

“He’s knocked out. But he’ll get back to his senses soon. We should be somewhere out in the city when that happens.” Hyunjin was running fast. Jisung couldn’t see it but he felt Hyunjins body working under his and he began to feel bad.

 

“I am sorry, I am not of a huge help here…and you bringing yourself in danger for me…You don’t have to do that, Hyunjin. Just…show me the way out, I’ll be fine…” Opposite of his words, Jisung felt his hands dig more into Hyunjins shoulders. He knew it was the right thing to do, but if he could decide selfishly he would want Hyunjin around. The wolf felt so lost, in fact, he was lost. How would he be able to find his way out of the city? Jisung couldn’t even see anything.

 

“You’re really that stupid? I knocked out Park. Do you think there would be any possibility for me to get back there? The moment I set one step back into this house I am dead meat.”

 

Jisiung didn’t know how they were able to pass the guards. Alls Jisung did was to be quiet when Hyunjin asked him to. The sound of the cars was loud now and directly next to them. They had made it out of the building and were running down the street. Hyunjin often changed the direction he was going and sometimes the traffic noises were louder as on other streets they were walking on.

 

Jisung didn’t dare to say anything. He knew Hyunjin was right. But he didn’t understand why the blonde did all this for him. What was the reason behind it? He wanted Jisung to obey, didn’t he? Hyunjin was happy with living in the mansion and he never complained about Mr. Park. So why was he doing this for Jisung? He wanted to ask the man but he was too scared. He didn’t want Hyunjin to remember what he was losing by helping Jisung out of here.

 

Was this even possible? The city was humongous and even if Hyunjin knew his way around the streets, even if he knew the way out, the wall surrounding the city was still there. How would they be able to pass it? All of this screamed like suicide to Jisung and yet Hyunjin was here, carrying him and helping him escape.

 

After what felt like hours Hyunjin rested and set Jisung down. “We’ll be safe here for toning.”, he said. “Where?”, Jisung asked. He couldn’t find the entrance of their place to stay. “Where is it?” The wolf slowly reached out his hands, trying to find the entrance. While he was searching his way, he heard Hyunjin laughing.

 

“Ey. This is not funny, Hyunjin? I am still blind, okay?” He felt Hyunjins hands on his wrist, pulling him down. Soon after he found himself sitting on the man’s lap. “Silly.”, he laughed and run his hand through Jisungs hair. “We have to sleep outside for now.”, he said and Jisung could tell the other was smiling at him.

 

“Oh…” Sleeping outside was no problem for Jisung. He often slept outside with Chan and Felix. But Jisung still felt cold and he didn’t wear anything warm neither. Ever since the incident at the party, Jisung hadn’t changed his clothes. That’s why he was still rocking his dark blue suit without a shirt. Hyunjin gave Jisung the blanked but at the end of the year, nights were cold, Jisung knew that.

 

“I am sorry, Jisung. I wished I came up with a better plan, but I had to act fast if I wanted to get you out there today…”, Hyunjin mumbled and pulled Jisungs body closer at his. “I try to keep you warm every night, promised.”, he whispered. The blonde must feel Jisungs shiver.

 

Jisung shook his head. “I am glad you did. I don’t care for a good plan, Hyunjin. We will do it, we will find a way out, together.”

 

“Actually, I had a plan. But I had to wait for it, the right time wasn’t there. But I guess we can try on that plan. It might be our only chance out as well. But for this plan to work, we have to keep ourselves inconspicuous for a while, okay?”

 

Jisung nodded. He hoped Hyunjin would tell him more about the plan. He wanted to know everything, but as usual, the blonde kept quiet. The wolf felt a little bit disappointed but didn’t ask for any information. Hyunjin had his reasons, Jisung was sure.

 

Suddenly Rain began to fall down on them, who were sitting on the ground of a small alley behind a dumpster. ”Wow. What comes next? Snow? A tornado?”, Jisung frowned and snuggled deeper to Hyunjin, who laughed again but held him tight. “I think the rain comes just in time.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Now not any dog can pick off our scents and find us. It’s all washed by the rain.”

 

“I am pretty sure the city is too dusty and too smoky for any kind to get the wind of whatever. I can’t even pick up your scent properly because I always smell some pastries mixed with rotten trash…”

 

“That’s because we’re hiding behind a dumper, Hanie!”, Hyunjin laughed and shook his head. “Trust me. While all these different scents might be overwhelming for you, dogs here are trained to ignore them. By the way, why do you try to pick up my scent?”

 

Jisung blushed. He knew Hyunjin asked him that because he didn’t want to discuss it. But why did he have to ask him this question? He could have asked how he felt, how his feet were, but he asked why he loved scenting him? “It’s just…nothing special, you know?”

 

“My scent isn’t special?”, Hyunjin scoffed. “Thank you for that I guess.”

 

“No! Not your scent Hyunjin! Your…your scent is…I just meant the reason behind it isn’t special…”

 

“Then tell me, if it’s not special.” He reached for his shin and softly tilted Jisungs head up. “And look at me Jisung…”

 

“I can’t look at you…I can’t see you…”, Jisung whispered, feeling Hyunjins breath on his lips. They were so close.

 

Hyunjin cupped his face with both of his cold hands. “But I can see you, Hanie. And I love looking at you…so please…don’t turn away from me…”, he whispered, not letting go of Jisung.

 

“I…I feel comforted…”, the wolf stuttered, hating himself for his shaky voice.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Your scent. It is comforting…like a soft and warm blanket.”, he whispered. “It’s a nice scent…”

 

“So? Describe it. What do I scent like…?”

 

“It’s a very sweet scent. Vanilla and lavender…”, Jisung smiled. “Oh, and it’s nice that you smell like human instead of a bloody Vampire.”

 

Hyunjin let his hand sink to Jisungs lap, which meant no excuse for Jisung to stay this close to Hyunjin any longer. “You don’t like the scent of a Vampire, Jisung?”

 

Jisung shook his head. “No. I…never hand anything against it, to be honest. But…now. When I think of it, only bad memories cross my mind.”, he mumbled.

 

“I understand…”

 

“But in the end, it doesn’t matter. Because you’re human and the scent of Vanilla and Lavender is way stronger than the human scent.”

 

“So, my scent is sweet, right? That’s kind of nice…”, Hyunjin pulled Jisung close against his chest. Before Jisung could relish the feeling, he felt something on his head. The blonde must smell his hair. “Don’t.”, he whined and pushed himself away from a little. “You will only smell my wet hair, human senses aren’t as well build as wolves. In the worst case, it might remind you of a wet dog!” But he has pulled close again. “Hyunjin…”

 

“Don’t worry, I am not trying to smell anything! I am just shielding you from the rain…”

 

“You don’t have to-“

 

“I want.”

 

Jisung could swear Hyunjin was trying to smell at least something from him. He sighed but decided to cuddle closer to his friend, he’d warn him about the dog smell. So Jisung allowed himself to relax a little. It was always warm in Hyunjins arms and the rain gave him the perfect excuse to melt into the other. “Thank you rain…”, he whispered and was answered with Hyunjins light laugh. There was something Jisung wanted to say, something Hyunjin would understand. Jisung only had to say it.

 

“Thank you, Hyunjin…”

 

“Anytime…”

 

 

 

 

Chan sat on a trunk in front of their fire. He looked at the two strangers sitting in front of him. One was incredibly beautiful, it even made Chan's heart race for a second. The other one was beautiful as well but his face (and maybe body? Chan couldn’t only see his face) looked like he’d gone through a lot the past days. He’d seen both of them in the woods some days before.

 

They were Kim Seungmin, the prince of the shapeshifter tribe, and Lee Minho, his personal guard. Chan asked himself how someone so feline would be able to be the personal guard for a princess, but he gave Minho the benefit of the doubt. Those two had come the way to their tribe to tell him something.

 

It had started raining by now and Felix had given everyone a blanket to at least shield everyone a little from the rain. Everything Chan had gotten out of Seungmin by now was a stupid condition, nothing more.

 

“So, you want me to guarantee Lee Minho impunity if you tell us what you know. Did I understand this right?”

 

Seungmin nodded. “Yes.”

 

“Sounds like I would want to imprison him right away? He doesn’t look like a cupid to me.”

 

The prince sighed. “Just give me your word and I tell you things you might be interested in.”

 

Chan laughed. “No?”

 

Seungmin looked at Chan taken aback. “Why not?”

 

“Why would I do something like that? I don’t even know if your information is worth the price.” He let his eyes wander to the not so bodyguard looking guard next to Seungmin. He was shrunken in himself but he tried to hold his gaze. He had nuts and Chan liked that.

 

The prince sighed. “If you guarantee Minho's impunity, I might be able to help you finding the whereabout of Han Jisung.”

 

As soon as Jisung's name was thrown out, Chan stood up. “Where is he?!” Minho followed and stood up as well, stepping in front of Seungmin, his eyes shooting daggers into Chan's direction. “I knew I was right when I searched for him in your territorium!”

 

“Seungmin hasn’t done anything to Han Jisung! We haven’t done anything to him!”, Minho growled, ready to fight if he had to. But Chan knew better than to fight. He had to get answers first.

 

“Then tell me, why do you want me to grant him impunity?!”

 

Seungmin had stood up, laying a hand on the guard's shoulder. “Step back, Minho…”

 

“But…“

 

“It’s okay.” When Minho stepped aside, Seungmin looked at Chan with a sad smile. “In Order to help me, he made bad decisions and you would have the right to punish him according to your law.” He looked at Minho next to him, who was extremely tense, Chan could tell. “But I want to remind you that everything he did, was out of good intentions. He wanted to save me and in order to fulfill his vow to me, he didn’t realize what he was doing.”

 

Chan frowned. “What did you to Jisung?”

 

Seungmin shook his head. “Nothing. He did nothing to him.”

 

“Then why this farce?”

 

“As I said. I will tell you more, once you agree on my only condition.” Seungmin took out a letter and a feather to write. “I set up a contract. Please read it and then set your signature.”

 

Chan grabbed the paper and the feather. “What the heck? Even a contract?” He read the contract. Why would they want him to sign this? Chan knew he couldn’t trust it but he had to knew where Jisung was and if all it costs was signing this and giving Lee Minho immunity to whatever he’d done, it would be justified, right?

 

“My father isn’t here to sign. You’re sure that my signature would be enough?” And again. Minho tensed up. What kind of game were they playing? But he had no time to find out. Jisung for sure needed help.

 

“It is. I want you to sign it.”

 

“Why…why do you even know where Jisung is?”, Felix asked finally. He stood behind Chan and favored it let Chan talk, but this question was heavy on his heart. Chan looked at Seungmin, but it was Minho who answered.

 

“Our path crossed a few days before. I wasn’t able to help him, I am sorry.”

 

“To-to help him? What do you mean by that? Is he in danger? Is he hurt? Is he even still alive??”, Felix began to panic and Chan pulled him closer to himself, hugging him tightly. He saw Seungmins hands formed into fists.

 

“As I said. I would love to give you the information but not before Bang Chan signed the contract.”

 

“ off.”, Chan hissed and signed the already wet contract. No matter what was coming, as soon as his father was back, he would be able to neglect the contracts Chan made. They just had to get the information out of them.

 

The prince took the paper back and put it into his pocket. “Thank you for your understanding.”

 

“I am not understanding anything, Seungmin. You better make me do!”

 

Seungmin nodded. “Han Jisung is in the city.”

 

The bomb had gone off.

 

If Chan could have imagined what was the worst possible to happen to Jisung, this was even worst. “What…?”, he asked airlessly. He almost felt like choking.

 

“He is in the city.”, Seungmin repeated and let his head sink. “He must have been kidnapped in the woods and brought to one of the Vampire lords. His name is Park.”

 

“Where do you got that information from?”

 

Seungmin bit down on his lip. “I was there myself. I got kidnapped as well and Minho was there to save me…that’s when he saw Han Jisung.” Seungmin looked to Minho, asking him to continue talking.

 

“When Seungmin went missing I searched for him until I made a lucky strike, finding his kidnapper in our teritory. He told me where I would be able to find Seungmin. I knew…I wouldn’t get past the wall by myself so…I luckily had something in my hands I could offer to the kidnapper, who worked for Park. That’s how I got in contact with him. When I…visited…him I hoped to be able to see Seungmin, but all I saw Han Jisung.”, Minho sighed. “I didn’t recognize, but I knew his name and Park was so proud that he had got his hands on Han Jisung. I…simply had to play the game to gain his full trust. I made it look like we’re not on best terms and that I kind of am interested in him like he was.”

 

“How was he? Was he fine?”, Felix asked worriedly.

 

Minho sighed but nodded. “When I saw him a second time at a party he was still well. He had no bruises or anything, I was really surprised by that. So, I figured Park must have been really fond of him, you know?”

 

“Must have been…? What…what happened?”, Felix asked, holding onto Chan as if his life depends on it.

 

“He…lost his mind. He got angry and shifted into his wolf. He killed one Vampire and before he could kill another, he was knocked out.”

 

“What…what happened there for Jisung to snap like that?”, Chan asked confused. He knew Jisung and he would never kill if there was a choice.

 

“After the Party I got Seungmin back and I simply left. I should have at least tried to get your fiancé out of there. I am deeply sorry, Bang Chan.”

 

Chan looked at him in confusion. “My fiancé? Jisung isn’t my fiancé.”

 

Seungmin and Minho looked at them surprised. “He’s not? But he’d told that he’s the fiancé of the chiefs’ son.”

 

Chan runs his hand through his hair. “Why would he do that? Silly…”, he mumbled. It was only logical that Jisung dug his own grave this statement. “He isn’t my fiancé but Felix.”

 

The younger blonde nodded. He was shivering but Chan didn’t know if it was from the news they’d heard or if it was because of the rain. “Anyway.” Chan looked at Minho and then at Seungmin. “I don’t railroad Minho for not helping Jisung. As for now, we do not have any partnership until our fathers have discussed it out. I get why you wanted the contract, but let me tell you, it is not needed. I would have tried to save Jisung first as well.”

 

Seungmin blinked confused but nodded.

 

“We have to get Jisung out of there.”

 

Minho scoffed. “You won’t be able to do so!”

 

“You made the impossible possible for your prince. Let’s do it again, we only have to find something that this Park guy wants.”, Chan said. “Something we could offer to him.”

 

“There won’t be anything, believe me. At least anything you would be willing to give.”

 

“You found something!”

 

“This was just a coincidence. A lucky moment for me. But this won’t happen again.”, Minho sighed, walking up and down an invisible line. He began to get nervous again.

 

“If there is anything we can do for you Chan, please let us know. We want to help you, to get Han Jisung back. But maybe we should think about it on another day. You have to let this information sink first.”, Seungmin tried to soothe the latter. “I am sure we will find a solution when we’ve all slept a little and are less wet. Right?” Seungmin looked at Felix and offered him a comforting smile.

 

Hesitant the younger brother nodded and looked at Chan. “He’s right. Maybe…we should go and sleep and think on our own of a way to help Sungie. And tomorrow we can come together again and brainstorm…”, he whispered.

 

Chan didn’t want to. He couldn’t. He was wide awake. How was it possible for him to sleep if he knew his best friend was trapped in the city by a Vampire Lord? But when he looked at Felix, he knew that his younger brother wouldn’t. take any of this for much longer. He needed to rest and to calm down, so Chan agreed.

 

“Be our guests if you want to help us. I would appreciate it. I am sure Minho knows a lot of what is behind the wall, it might help us.”

 

Seungmin nodded. “We will stay and help as long as Han Jisung is finally back home.” Minho took Seungmins hand. “Prince. What if-“

 

“As I said. We will stay.”

 

Chan lifted one eyebrow. Why was Minho behaving strangely again? “I will let you show you your hut for the time of your staying.”

 

“Thank you.”