Chapter 5

Wolves

Chapter 5

 

Dark. Everything was dark. Jisung was sure, his eyes were open, but why was everything dark and silent? He could hear his own heavy breathing and he felt his body arching in every spot possible. Damn, his head hurt a lot. What happened? Where was he?

 

He began to reconstruct his last memories. Jisung was at that party with Mr. Park and Hyunjin. He was outside, danced with Hunyjin until they were asked to get back in. And then…suddenly he remembered. Everything shot back in his mind. Pictures of the head of Chan's father, laughing voices, his urge to kill the responsible. He transformed and then? The taste of blood came back and then he remembered the pain in his body. The pain got worth with every move he made. Pure electricity. Hyunjin. Hyunjin did that to him.

 

Still, Jisung didn’t know where he was now. He tried to stand up but fell back to his feet. They hurt. The brunette looked down at them, not able to see anything, so he began to move his hands and to search for his feet to touch them, accompanied by the heavy ringing of the Chains around his wrists. He has chained up again.

 

When Jisung touched his feet he almost took his hands back immediately. They felt a little wet and sticky. Carefully the wolf felt his feet. If he had to guess what he felt it was blood. When he considered the pain he felt, the blood must come from his soles. Someone must have hurt his feet.

 

Jisung touched his wrists and tried to unchain himself. It would have been a wonder if he were able to pull his hands out of them, but he tried anyway. After a few tries, he was sure he could have spent that time in a better way and sighed.

 

Why weren’t his eyes able to adjust to the darkness? It was like he didn’t see anything at all. He must have been locked up in a room shielded from any ray of light that might exist. The wolf began to crawl and tried to feel the stoned floor and walls, hoping to get any information about where he was.

 

Nothing.

 

Nothing but cold stones, wherever he crawled. The door wasn’t in range of his chains. He had a very limited range to move anyway. So Jisung crawled back to the wall and leaned back.

 

They had killed the chief of his tribe. That’s why he was missing for some days now, which had been already concerning. If they would have begun to look for him earlier, maybe they could have had saved him? Jisung didn’t know. Everything felt like a mistake right now. He has to get back, he has to tell Chan. He and Felix, needed to know. But how? He wasn’t even able to stand up, let alone to find the exit or to escape his fate.

 

What would his face look like? Jisung was sure, he’d killed at least one Vampire at the party. He was experienced in hunting but taking the life of this Vampire, who laughed so naughty at the death of Chief Bang…it felt so good. Way better than hunting the first deer after a long and hard winter.

 

They might kill Jisung now. Maybe he was only waiting for his death sentence. Maybe the next time the door opened, he will get killed. Jisung didn’t want to die but he didn’t want to live like this either.

 

The brunette sighed and tipped his head back. Why did all this happen to him? Why? Unable to see, he closed his eyes and listened to the silence.

 

 

Many hours must have passed when Jisung heard footsteps and soon after the door opened. He looked in the direction from where he heard the door, still not able to see anything. He got confused. At the latest, when the door opened he had to see something but he didn’t. He heard fast footsteps coming in his direction. In fear, he pushed himself deeper into the wall.

 

Suddenly he felt someone touching him and Jisung backed away in shock, whimpering silently. But as soon as he realized who was in front of him he growled. He would recognize his scent everywhere.

 

“It’s okay Jisung. It’s me, Hyunjin.” His voice was soft and had the same sound as before Hyunjin hurt him.

 

“Get lost!”, Jisung screamed at him, pulling his hand away from the always cold fingers of the taller.

 

“Are you okay? You must feel a lot of pain…” Funny. His voice sounded concerning. What a nice actor Hyunjin was. “I want to help you…” His voice got quieter and he shifted nervously from one foot to the other, touching Jisungs body with his own.

 

“Like you helped me before? At the party, yeah?” The blonde deserved these hard words. Jisung wouldn’t let himself get lied to again. Not from someone like Hyunjin, someone who works for the Vampire. Hyunjin took a deeper breath but didn’t say anything. Jisung could imagine his conflicted face perfectly. “It’s okay Hyunjin. At least I know now on which side you are.”

 

“He’s my master and he trusts me. What have you expected me to do? Rip off the heads of any Vampire I could reach?”

 

Why was Hyunjin making this hard? He didn’t have to pretend to understand Jisung or to try helping JIsung because he wasn’t. Everything Hyunjin ever claimed to be was empty words, lies. “It would have been a better idea than to shock me! Did you give me this choker to control me, right? Everything was a lie!”

 

“Where did I lie to you, Jisung?” His voice was calm, a whisper in the silence created by this room. How Jisung wished he would be able to stay this calm. No, Jisung was fuming.

 

“You said no chains anymore! You said everything will be alright and you told me you were going to help me! You did nothing, Hyunjin! You sided with Park!” He wanted to look at the blonde man, he wanted to show him his pain he was going through. He wanted Hyunjin to see everything that he might at least feel a little bit bad for what he did.

 

“I didn’t lie. I never did…” Hyunjins voice was sad. Jisung could hear it even better now that he couldn’t see. He wasn’t lying? That hypocrite. “I told you no chains and you hadn’t any. What did you expect? That the Master would let you walk around without any…safety precaution? And by knocking you out…I helped you, Jisung. You might not understand it, but I helped you. I am still on your side.”

 

“Then unchain me.” If Hyunjin was on his side, he would do it, wouldn’t he?

 

“I can’t.” A lie, again.

 

“You don’t want to.”

 

“It’s too dangerous. I can’t do this for you now.” He felt Hyunjins hand at his cheek. Jisung tried to back away, but Hyunjin didn’t let him. “I know it’s hard. But please trust me.”, the blonde whispered and Jisung felt his breath on his skin before Hyunjin kissed his cheek featherily. Why can’t he stop? He only makes it hard for Jisung to hate him.

 

The man then took his feet and Jisung felt warm water at his sole, which hurt a lot that he pulled his feet away. “What the heck?!”

 

“Let me wash your wounds, Han.” The wolf felt Hyunjin's hands on his ankle, pulling his foot back. “They cut deep in your soles, that you won’t be able to walk for some time. It’s a punishment for what you did.”

 

The pain was still there but now that Jisung knows where it came from, it was bearable. “They won’t kill me?”

 

“They wanted. But Mister Park could offer them a good deal to let you live. I told you, he likes you. You could have a good life here.”

 

“A life as a slave doesn’t sound like a good life to me. What did he offer?” Jisung couldn’t deny the fact that he felt somehow relieved that they didn’t plan to kill him. Still, he would never be satisfied with life as a slave. But not dying anytime soon would give him more time to search for a way out of this nightmare.

 

“It doesn’t matter, Hanie. Most important is that you’re alive.”

 

“Yeah alive, but chained up, so I can’t go anywhere.”

 

“You wouldn’t be able to go anywhere anyway. Your feet are wounded and I bet it will take weeks to heal fully.” Hyunjins voice was calm and he sounded so friendly again. He even cared enough to provide medical care to his feet. Jisung didn’t know what to think of him anymore. Was he a good or was he the bad guy?

 

“Told ya, I am a cripple.”

 

“You will heal, Hanie.” He could hear a slight sound of amusement in Hyunjins voice.

 

“Well, obviously I can’t see as well. So, still a cripple.” And he bet by the time they would bring him out of here, his eyes would be so used to the darkness that the light might hurt his eyes.

 

“What?” Hyunjin stopped washing his foot.

 

“What, what?” Okay, this sounded stupid, but what was Hyunjin asking? He had an idea but Jisung hoped he was wrong with that.

 

There was a long pause until Hyunjin found some of his words. “You can’t see?”

 

“Hyunjin, I hoped you’re telling me that I can’t see because this is a no lightroom or whatever!”

 

“It’s not, Jisung. Without any light, I wouldn’t be able to see what I do...” Hyunjin was concerned. He tried to hide it, but Jisung could hear it clearly.

 

“You’re not telling me, right now, I should be able to see?”

 

Hyunjin through Jisungs hair. “I am sure it’s just the shock. I bet you’ll be able to see again soon.”

 

“You don’t know what happened?”

 

“I-“ There were footsteps. Someone was walking in their direction. “I have to go now. I put some bread next to you, that you can eat something.” The taller was collecting his stuff nervously and stood up. “I’ll come back to look for your feet.”

 

He heard Hyunjin walk away but suddenly the footsteps stopped.

 

“How is our little Jisungie doing?” This voice. He knew exactly whose it was. He wanted to growl and to scream at this man but all he felt was panic. Pure panic rose in him and let his veins freeze.

 

“Mister Park…”, he heard Hyunjins quiet voice. “I washed his feet that they won’t infect.”

 

“Good, but you didn’t give him this.”

 

“I-I must have forgotten about it. He didn’t want to let me touch his feet, so I had trouble treating them.”

 

“You can’t ever forget this, Hyunjin.”

 

Jisung heard Hyunjin coming back to him. He heard something rustle and then he felt Hyunjins hand on his arm. “What are you doing?”, Jisung asked with a shaking voice.

 

“Hold still, Jisung.”, Hyunjin demanded with a strong voice. “Don’t move.”

 

Again, Hyunjin was a completely different person as soon as Mr. Park was in the same room. Jisung wasn’t too sure about not moving but what other choice did he have?

 

Suddenly he felt a deep stitch in his arm and he felt that some liquid was pushed into his veins. “Are you nuts?!”, he hissed but Hyunjin stood up without saying a word.

 

“Well done Hyunjin. We don’t want him to see for now.”

 

“What? You did this?!”, Jisung screamed into the room, holding his arm with his hand. He was answered with a dry laugh.

 

“I told you, I’ll break you, Jisungie. I’ll break you ever and ever again until you understand that you’re mine. I will show you what I am able to do. For now, I want you to be blind and helpless. I want you to realize that you did all this to yourself. I want you to cry and to beg for forgiveness.”

 

“I will never!”

 

“Trust me Jisungie, you will.”

 

Jisung heard the door slam shut and he knew he was alone again.

 

 

 

Minho stomped through the woods. As soon as the party was ended by Jisungs careless behavior and everyone had calmed down he went to Mr. Park to remind him of their agreement.

 

He knew he was lucky when Mr. Park gave him, what he’d asked for and he was completely aware that it could have all been a trap but it wasn’t and he was glad about that. He hadn’t had another chance anyway.

 

He carried his unconscious body on his back for a while now and slowly the prince began to get heavy. Minho groaned when he hopped from stone to stone to cross the river that parted them from their home.

“We’re home soon. Everything will get better then. I promise.”, he told the prince, knowing he wouldn’t be able to answer him. But maybe he could hear his voice? Minho wasn’t sure, but to prevent the prince from feeling alone, he talked with him.

 

The prince was hurt. The Vampires had messed around with him. He didn’t know what they did, but his clothes were torn and he could see lots of bruises and cuts on his skin. They didn’t stop at his face. The prince had a split lip and he had a dark bruise on his right temple.

 

“Those monsters even bit you.”, he hissed. Minho didn’t know how often he’d ranted about what they did to their prince but the anger didn’t lessen that he had to rant over it again and again. He was furious about what they did to him but he blamed himself as well. “I should have been more careful. I should have taken better care of you. Why am I your personal guard if I am not able to protect you?”

 

“It’s not…your fault…”

 

Minho stopped and looked up at his shoulder. Slightly opened deer brown eyes were looking tiredly at him. “You’re awake. How do you feel? Are you hurt?” This was a dumb question, Minho knew.

 

A slight smile. “I feel like and everything hurts, Minho.”

 

“Yeah…right. I can’t do anything about it now, I fear. But I can speed up that we’re home before dawn.” Minho said and moved again. “If you feel like there is something I need to treat right away, tell me. I’ll find a way.”

 

“How did you get me out of there…?”, he asked quietly, still exhausted.

 

“I…let’s not talk about this now.”

 

“Minho…”

 

Minho ignored the young man on his back. He concentrated on his steps and his speed. He had to bring him home safe as soon as possible.

 

“I know you. What did you do to get me out of there?”, the brunette asked again. “When I realized where they brought me, I thought there was no way out, you know…?” The prince tugged his hands weakly into Minhos shirt. He wanted to put more strength to them but failed.

 

“Can we focus on your health first? I will tell you everything, but I want you to get treated first. Then we can talk.” Minho felt bad. What had he done? But should he feel bad? All he did was everything to get his prince back. Nothing more. Yes, he plaid a huge role in Chief Bangs death but everything he did was bringing his prince back. He swore an oath he would protect him and he did. So why was he feeling bad?

 

“You must not be too proud of what you did.” He wasn’t. He even was afraid to tell his prince about it.

 

“Let’s say I extinguished the fire by pouring fuel to another one…”

 

“What…?”

 

Minho sighed deeply. “I did something I am sure, I will pay for. But I did what I had to do in order to fulfill my oath to you.”

The prince rose his eyebrow. “You better tell me what you did once my wounds got treated.”, he sighed. “I fear in my current condition I couldn’t take the truth.”

 

“Yes, Seungmin…”, Minho whispered. His prince was right, once he knew, Minho might get kicked out.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

꒰⑅ᵕ༚ᵕ꒱˖♡ªʳⁱ૭ªᵗ°♡˖꒰ᵕ༚ᵕ⑅꒱

 

I am incredibly sorry for needing so much time to post a new chapter! Please expect weekly updates from now on. I have 26 chapters to give to you ^-^

Thank you for reading ♥

SenifyLeah