Chapter 4

Wolves

Chapter 4

 

Mr. Park was a noble man and he loved to show it. The Vampire was well dressed with an expensive suit and big rings on is fingers while his hair was fully styled back that he showed his forehead which he considered as very appealing to other people. “Ah, Jisung-ah. You’re impressed aren’t you? Have never seen such a Vampire like me, haven’t you?”, he grinned full of himself when he sat in the car, obviously eying Jisung, who was styled prettily. They were driven to the party in a huge car, Hyunjin had called it limousine while entering.

On their way to their destination Mr Park talked a lot. Of course he warned Jisung to not make any scene and that he shouldn’t even try to escape, because there was no way out. Instead he offered him some reward, when he would swallow all his pride and be a nice little puppy as he should be. Jisung rose an eyebrow at the tone which Mr Park was using. As if he would already know, that there was no way, Jisung would be the puppy he wishes.

“Today too, Hyunjin had told me that you’re not ready for all this.” The Vampire smirked. “But couldn’t let this opportunity pass by like that. I really want you on this party, Jisungie.”

The brunette didn’t answer anything. What difference would it make? He tried to simply listen to the man and distracted his eyes a little with the fancy car they were sitting in. Jisung had already known that cars were hot stuff in the cities, because they were fast and a comdy way to travel and Jisung, as curious as he was, had always wanted to try one out. But now that he sat in one, he couldn’t think of a way, they would be able to use them in the forest. They were just impractical to him.

They soon reached a big house. When Jisung climbed out of the limousine (he hadn’t figured out how to exit it elegant) he scanned the huge house. He thought Mr Park was living in something really big, but this building was gigantic. “Who on earth would ever need so much space?”, he mumbles when he followed Mister Park. Hyunjin next to him giggled. “It’s a hotel, Jisung. It’s a place where you can sleep, when you’re here for a visit.” “Oh…okay…” As expected. Everything had to be big in here. In their tribe they had some huts for guests. But not those big buildings. “Why are we entering it? We’re not here for a visit…”, he mumbled while they went into the hotel, where everything looked so expensive to Jisung, even the floor they were walking on. “Hotels often have huge rooms for meetings. That’s where Mr. Park will meet the other guests.”

The room they reached indeed was huge. There were some tables at the side, covert in thin, white blankets which made them look beautiful. Jisung knew that those from the city liked to cover their tables with tablecloth somehow but this was the first time, he’d seen it. There were also a lot of other things that were new to Jisung but he couldn’t focus on everything at the same time. Especially not, when Mr Park, who was a few steps ahead with his bodyguard, wanted him to walk up to him. He sighed. “Be nice…”, Hyunjin mumbled and followed Jisung slowly.

Jisung stepped next to his Master. “I’ve told you, I am really lucky right now. First that Dog who opened me so many possibilities and now I got this puppy and on top of that, I got my revenge.”

Jisung shortly turned up his nose. This place began to stink like Vampire. A lot of them were already in the room and the smell wasn’t really pleasing to him. “Oh look. It’s quite a cute puppy you have gotten. And look how nice he behaves!”, the other one said while he let his eyes slowly wander over Jisungs body, that the brunette almost felt harassed. “And he looks quite fine.”

“He does. And even better, it’s Han Jisung.” Mr Parks voice was full of proudness, which lead Jisung to look at him. Why was he so happy about him, be him him? He couldn’t understand.

“Oh! I see, it’s the sprout of the old Han? Didn’t thought that he was capable to make something this beautiful.”

Jisung hated it when those were talking about him and his father as if he wasn’t standing right next to them. And he just wanted to spring right into their faces, but he knew that this bodyguard next do Mr. Park wouldn’t let him. Although this man seemed to be as tall (or small) as he was, if not a little smaller, the bodyguard always had his eyes on Jisung. The man was nervous because of him and Jisung somehow wanted to play with him a little, but decided against it.

Mr. Park laughed and put his arm around Jisung, pulling him tight at his chest that the wolf almost tripped over his own feet. He hated it. He hated the smell of that nasty Vampire, his triumphantly grin, his hand at his shoulder and his body pressed against his. But he couldn’t flee. Instead Jisung tried to breathe as less as possible and tried to count the little patterns on the expensive red caped under their feet.

“He is. But there is just another thing to him, which makes me even luckier!”, Mr. park pointed out. “He’s promised to Bang Chan.”

“The new chief of those snarlers???”

Jisung rolled his eyes. This again, but even worse. Yes, Chan will become the new Chief, but this will take years, Jisung was sure. He still let them talk, but tried to get some space between him and his kidnapper.

When he heard a common voice, Jisung looked up. Lee Minho joined the Vampires little talk with a smile on his lips which didn’t reach his eyes. “Good evening Sirs.”

While he was looked at with derogatory eyes by the stranger, Mr. Park hit Minhos back. “Good to see you here! I wasn’t sure if you’d show up, after all you’re our special guest!” If possible, the grin on Mr. Parks lips got even wider. He must have a wonderful evening here.

“I told you, I would come. We still have some business to do…”, Minho said and looked at Jisung. “He’s already tamed enough to be here?”, he rose an eyebrow, somehow Minho became nervous, Jisung noticed.

“Oh, no. Hyunjin still needs time, I guess.”

Minho curled his forehead. “You bring him here untamed? Now?”, he asked in disbelief.

“You let your servant tame your dog?” The stranger Vampire laughed, totally ignoring Minho.

“Yeah.” Mr. Park looked back to Hyunjin who’d stood behind them but was now moving forward next to Jisung, smiling angelic. “I am more attached to the beautiful things in life.” He turned around again, to look at Minho. “I have people who do the dirty stuff for me, haven’t I?”

“I guess, you have your ways to make people do stuff for you.”, the other mumbled.

There was something in Minhos voice which Jisung guessed was guilt or anger, maybe both. Generally, this Vampire was not as comfortable being here than he was at the Parks mansion. He seemed almost small and in defensive attitude.

“Don’t make that face, Minho! We both know, you’re smart and you won’t regret. You owed your tribe this, didn’t you?”

Tribe? And then it hit Jisung. He was to nervous the first evening and now he was too distracted by the smell of all those vampires that he missed one different scent. Apart from Hyunjin, there was another scent that wasn’t one of a Vampire nor a Human. It was a…

“Shapeshifter…”, Jisung whispered almost silent. He saw Mr. parks bodyguard moving a little. He must have heard him. Then the brunette felt a slight push on his right side. When he looked at Hyunjin who must have noticed his awareness, he shook his head slightly. But Hyunjin hadn’t anything to fear. There was no way, Jisung would make a fuss out of this right here. Jisung nodded but sighed, he then eyed Minho and began to search in his mind. From the first meeting ever he knew, he was familiar with Minhos looks. If he was a shapeshifter, when could he have seen him? And then…what was he doing here and why was he friends with Vampires?

Jisung only snapped out of his thoughts when other Vampires approached them. “I thought Hyunjin was your favorite! But now you’re holding onto this dog?” Jisung didn’t like this one. He was fat and he needed to breathe heavy between the words.

Mr. Park again laughed. “He is! Hyunjin is my favorite and he owns that spot.”

Hyunjin smiled lightly. Jisung could see how he forced himself to smile.

“You’re sure about that? If Hyunjin was mine, I wouldn’t let him go or stand anywhere without holding him. I am always impressed that you let him wander around freely. He might be the most beautiful creature ever lived.”, the man laughed. “It would be such a shame if he decides to run away.”

Hyunjin cleared his throat. “There is no reason for me to leave Mr. Park. He looks after me very well. I am glad to be his servant.”

The Vampire eyed Hyunjin. “Strange, but I believe you. There were many chances for you to run away but you never did. You’re truly loyal, huh?”

Again, there was this fake smile on Hyunjins lips.

“He truly is. But you shouldn’t only look at Hyunjin. You can also benefit deliciously from little Jisungie.” To give points to his words, Mr. Parks hand went down to squeeze Jisungs but. Shocked he whimpered and tried to turn away, but was held by Mr. Parks strong hand. The fat Vampire laughed. “I see that. He’s cute. But there is actually something I wanted to ask you about that Bang tribe.”

Jisung looked between both of them interested since he heard his tribes name.

“Taken this Minho hasn’t ed up, what are your next steps? I heard you wanted to contact me for them, but since now, I heard nothing but rumours.”

Mr. Park nodded. “And that’s correct. I wanted to see with my own eyes that Minho keeps his word. Also, the dog begins to bark too loud for my liking and I would like to get rid of him. I might kill him, if Minho doesn’t present, what I want to see this evening.”

“Don’t worry. I told you it’s all here and presentable.”, Minho barked.

The Vampire laughed. “I must admit, I am surprised that you handle him over.” They were talking about someone Minho knew and Jisung wondered why the fat Vampire was ignoring Minho like this.

“I do. But I never said he would be in a good condition. It’s more fun this way.”

Minhos face became dark, but he didn’t say anything.

“So, do you want to tell me about your plans?”

Mr. Park took a short minute. “Hyunjin? Take Jisungie and show him the garden if you want to. I have to talk in private to Mr. Choi.”

Hyunjin nodded and took Jisungs hand. “Come, Jisung.”, the blonde said without any tone in his voice. He had to pull at Jisung who clearly didn’t want to leave. The brunette rolled his eyes when he heard the last words of Mr. Choi. “He’s already this clingy to you, really cute.”

 

When they reached the garden, Hyunjin let go off his hand. “I am sorry. It must be terrible for you to stand there and listen to them…”, he mumbles and smiles a little at Jisung. It was an honest smile this time.

“It was…those Vampires are disgusting! How dare this er even touched my .” The brunette rubbed his with his hand. “But I wished he hadn’t send us away.”

“Excuse me? You said you hated it!”

“With every fiber of my body.” Hyunjin looked at him in confusion. “But they were talking about my tribe, Hyunjin. This Park idiot plans something against my tribe.”

Hyunjin nodded slightly.

“Do you know anything?” The blonde looked stressed, even conflicted. “Hyunjin please. Tell me what all this is about. I am in between a huge war or what ever and I have no idea of what happened.” His voice came out too desperate for Jisungs liking but he couldn’t take it back anyway.

“Han, it’s just…”, Hyunjin sighed. “Your tribe has done something to Mr. Park, to his family. And ever since then his thoughts are only about revenge, you know? And now that he has Bang Chan almost in his hands…”

Jisung shook his head. “Why is this about Chan? What has he done? He wouldn’t be able to hurt anyone.”

“It’s not Chan who did it, as far as I know, Han. It was his father. But they share the same blood, so…” Hyunjin stopped his words and he wasn’t planning on continuing.

“So what? His son has to suffer? This is unfair! And also! I bet our chief had his reasons to do whatever he did!” he felt Hyunjins hands on his mouth. “Shht…you’re getting too loud, Hanie. Don’t forget, we’re still surrounded by a lot of Vampires who would like to toss your body in half. I can only let you know this: I know Mr. Park for such a long time now, that I am almost sure he will only stop, if your whole tribe is stamped out.”

Jisung looked at the Human in shock. He would hunt them all down? “Hanie, he somehow likes you. You’re able to live if you…do what he wants. Do you understand this? Please think about this, okay? It’s your own life you can save…”

The brunette sighed. “No. Don’t say this again Hyunjin. I won’t let him do whatever he wants to. I will never obey. I don’t know why you do, because you don’t seem happy by it, but it’s your choice. Mine is different.”

Hyunjin looked as if he wanted to say something but didn’t know how. He bit on his underlip and nodded. “Okay. Another topic. Dance with me.”

“What?”

“If you don’t want to talk to me about anything else, then dance with me.” Hyunjin grabbed Jisungs hand and pulled him to an area where other couples were dancing already. He put Jisungs hands on his shoulders and rested his own hat Jisungs hip.

The wolf looked at him in fear. “I can’t. I don’t think I am good at this.”, he mumbled and swayed his body somehow to Hyunjins movements, always a second later than the taller.

“No, no, look!”, Hyunjin said soft and began to lead Jisungs body a bit. “Just don’t be so nervous. The rest will come of its own.” Hand Hyunjin was right. It didn’t took Jisung long until he’d figured out the beat and the way Hyunjin moved to it. Soon they danced flawlessly together, although the proximity was a little awkward at first, both grew fond of their hands on their bodies and them sometimes touching.

If his life wasn’t a nightmare right now, this moment could have been like a good, nice and cozy dream for Jisung. The music played some soft notes which fit perfect to their surroundings. The garden with its flowers and flower arches was already romantic but the warm night made it even unforgettable to Jisung.

“Hyunjin…?” Jisung whispered after a while shyly.

“Hm?”

„Why are you staying with Mr. Park?”, he asked silently that only Hyunjin was able to hear him. “I don’t think you’re doing it freely.”

“I wanted this, Han. I chose this.” Hyunjins voice was hard but sad at the same time.

“But you’re not happy. Don’t you want to be happy? I want to be happy again, Hyunjin…” He knew those words sounded pathetic but they showed Jisungs feelings best. He had never thought that there would come a time when all he wanted was to feel at least one moment of happiness again.

“I adjusted, Jisung. For me it’s okay now and I believe it will become okay for you, too.”

Jisung felt a big no in his chest. “I will never. For me it won’t be enough to have a small, cold room, in which the only fenster isn’t working anymore that I am not able to shut it. And I will never be okay with him touching me, Hyunjin. Never…” He felt tears rising up his eyes only by thinking of this as his only fate I could face at the moment.

“Hey…hey, Hanie…”, Hyunjin whispered and cupped his face with his slightly cold hands. “Do you remember what I promised you last night?”

The brunette looked at Hyunjin. He could see how is blue eyes began to look a little watery as well. “Do you remember?”, he asked again and Jisung nodded slowly. “Good. Here I am, promising it to you again: I will handle this. He won’t touch you.”

Maybe he could? Jisung wanted to believe that Hyunjin was strong enough to protect him. That he was able to shield him in this world. But everything comes at a price, doesn’t it? “What do you want me to do?”

A soft smile showed on the blondes plum lips. “Whatever may come…I beg you to trust me, no matter what.”

And Jisung agreed.

 

They both danced for a while. Those words spoked spread something warm in Jisung and although he didn’t know why, he believed in Hyunjins words. The human had ever been honest with him, helped him and yes, he wanted him to obey to Mr. Park but only because he thinks it’s safer for him than being the stubborn bread he was, right? Hyunjin himself told him, he only adjusted. Thant meant, he didn’t want to be here, but as far as Jisung knew, human were mostly servants. Maybe he got born into his position, Jisung didn’t know. But he somehow felt, that maybe, just maybe he would be able to change Hyunjins decision. He wanted to show him, that somewhere out there is a better life for Hyunjin than this one.

After some time, which to Jisung felt like only minutes, the bodyguard of Mr. Park approached them. “You may come in again. Mr. Park is asking for you.”

Hyunjin pouted. “Changbin, really? Can’t you tell him, you couldn’t find us? I have too much fun here right now…”

The bodyguard rose an eyebrow and Hyunjin bit his underlip. “Got it. Bad idea.”

“Very bad, Hyunjin. Let’s go, it’s time.” He turned around and went ahead. Hyunjin took Jisungs hand and followed Changbin.

„He…is a nice bodyguard.”, Jisung mumbled and Hyunjin nodded. “The nicest!”

“Shut up, I can hear you!”

Jisungs and Hyunjins eyes met and they began to laugh. The happiness didn’t last long, they soon reached Mr. Park and Hyunjin let go of Jisungs hand which made him feel a little more alone again. They could hear the Vampire discussing with Minho.

“When this is over, I’ll tell you where he is.”

“No games?”, Minho asked suspicious.

“No games. I let him bring here. You’re free to go when this is done.”

Minho nodded and looked to Jisung when he noticed them back. They liked eyes only for Minho to look away abruptly. “I will go get him then.” With this words, the smaller left and Mr. Park turned to Hyunjin and Jisung.

“Now you’ll finally know why we’re here today! I waited for this so long and now when the day has come, I am even more lucky to have you here, Jisungie.”, Mr. Parks grin got even wider than before which made Jisung scared. “Jisungie, when I talk to you, I would love it, if you answer me.”, he suggested in a demanding voice. He saw that Changbins eyes were only on him, he seemed nervous.

“I-I don’t know what to say, to be honest…”

The Vampire smirked. “Of course you won’t. Creatures like you doesn’t get a good education. You must feel lost when I talk to you, hm?” He pat Jisungs had. “Don’t worry, I will let you get taught basic conversation. You’re such a cute puppy, you know? The others liked you as well and I would love to lend you to them, but you should learn to express yourself properly first.”

Jisung felt angry and he wanted to snap back but when he saw Hyunjins expression he bit on his tongue and forced himself to answer nicely even thankful. “Thank you…Master.” The man grinned. “Maybe you’re learning faster than Hyunjin thought.”

Minho came back, rolling a serving trolley in front of him. On it was something which was hidden under a black blanket. “There you are. Looks very promising, Minho.”

Jisung could see dark spots on the black blanked and he could smell something. Was it blood?

Mr. Park hit something against his glass to gain the attention of the guests. “You all know why we came together this evening! I wanted to update you on my Revenge plans of that Bang bastard.”

Jisungs chest tightened. He hated it when this man was talking like this about the man he adored so much.

“To be fair, when I planed this meeting, I didn’t know that I would have two things to share! I also got my hands on this beautiful puppy there, which belongs to the tribe and is Bangs son in law. It’s unbelievable how lucky I am. When I got this dog running straight into my fangs, I thought I was lucky. But the next time I ended up fishing this young thing out of the woods. I guess I have to go fishing more often.”, he laughed.

Jisung felt mocked. Everyone was laughing at him and it was like he was a trophy in Mr. Parks collection. Not a living being, not more than a thing.

“Nevertheless, the dog brought me what I was looking for. My chance for revenge. I contacted his tribe and told them, that I do have something they might love to get back and this is when Minho joins my game. Luckily he was able to help me out and we began to meet a few times. At that brings us to today. He did what I asked him for and thanks to that, I am now able to present you…Chief Bang.”

Jisungs eyes widened. He was here? He looked confused at Mr. Park who was still grinning brightly, when he took off the black blanked and revealed Chief Bangs head.

Suddenly Jisung felt so cold, so unbelievable cold. They had searched for Chans father for some time and now his head was on a serving trolley in front of his eyes. “No…” He began to shiver. How would he be able to tell Chan and Felix? How could he possibly tell such a thing? How?

Laugher. Loud laugher. Dirty loud laugher everywhere mixed with clapping hands and triumphally screaming. They were delighted by his Chiefs death, they wanted him dead, wanted Jisung to suffer. He was so wrong. There was no way out of this anymore. He wanted them dead. All of them.

“No…”, Jisung shook his head, feeling the coldness in his body even more. His bones began to hurt, and he felt his heart beating fast when his bones began to transform. He shifted into his second half. He shifted into his wolf.

Without thinking he sprinted to the fat Vampire, dodging Changbin. He jumps at him and just bites his throat. He heard his scream which got muffled by the blood he was inhaling. It tasted bad, but Jisung didn’t care. He wanted them dead, all of them. He jumped back to his paws and wanted to attack Minho next. He’d killed Chans father. If anything, he had to die, no matter what.

“Hyunjin!”

He was about to jump at Minhos throat when he felt a heavy electric shock running through his body. He stopped shortly in front of the shapeshifter and as soon as the shock eased up, he began to attack him again.

“HYUNJIN!”, he heard Mr. Park scream, but he didn’t care. This Vampire would die next. He’d tackled Minho and wanted to run his fangs into the mans body, when he felt an electric shock again. This time he even whined because of it. Confused he looked around and then he saw him.

Hyunjin stood there, eyes on him and in his hands a small remote. Was he doing this to him? Out of all people in here Hyunjin was giving him these shocks?

Jisung felt betrayed. He’d never felt like this before, he was angry, sad and scared at the same time. When Hyunjin was not going to help him, was he able to get out of here by himself? He growled dangerously and lowered his ears threatening. He wouldn’t let himself get stopped by anyone, not even Hyunjin.

He decided to go for the remote first. He let off from Minho and ran directly to Hyunjin. Jisung could see the fear in his beautiful blue eyes. The wolf didn’t want to, but he had no other choice. Hyunjin was one of them.

Hyunjin backed off when Jisung didn’t stop and when the brown-white-black wolf wanted to jump, he felt a new electric shock running through his body. But this time it didn’t stop, instead it got heavier from second to second.

Jisung howled from pain and slowly slumped down. Even when he turned back to human the pain didn’t go away. Crying he brought his hands to his Neck, trying to get rid of the chocker Hyunjin had given to him, telling him how pretty he was. It was all a trap, Hyunjin never wanted to be nice to him, he never wanted his best. He just had found an easy way to control him. “You…”, he wheezed heavily breathing.

“Jisung, stop!”, Jisung pleaded. “You’re going to hurt yourself!”

He tried to stand up, he had to get this control, but his legs were too wanky for him to stand on it that he sank back to the ground, again feeling a heavy shock in his body. “Hyunjin, I-“ Jisung stretched out his arm to the blonde. He couldn’t stand this pain anymore.

And then the world turned black.