Chapter 1

Wolves

Chapter 1

 

It was a warm afternoon, the sun was going down, spending some last hours at the sky, illuminating the thick forest with its red orange light. Jisung, a young man was walking through the forest soil, wandering through the high grasses while listening to the sound of nature. He truly needed to clear his mind.

The brown haired looked up to a tree. On its limb sat a small bird, chirping in the evening sun. It was peaceful, but unfortunately Jisungs mind wasn’t. He got angry not too long ago, so angry that he needed to leave the fireplace of his tribe, to go for a long walk. A few minutes ago his dad had made it clear that it was Jisungs time to mate. He was 20 by now, a perfect age for mating. No big deal, he was willing to search for his perfect match, but this evening he got to know that his father had already made the perfect plan for Jisung. Actually, their parents made the deal when they were children.

 

It was a nice evening, the end of another beautiful day in the tribe. He went fishing with Chan and when Jisung felt too bored, he pushed his best friend into the river and jumped after. Chan was inflected by Jisungs enthusiasm and they played around in the water, forgetting to catch more fishes. Still a little wet, the fireplace felt even warmer and cozier than normal. Jisung loved his life in his tribe.

“Jisung, kid, come here, let’s have a talk.” The young man looked to his father, stood up and set down next to him.

“I think it’s time to talk to you. You’re a young man, 20 years old and I think, the first thing you should focus on now is mating. You haven’t ever made a move on anyone Jisung.”

The brown haired sighed. He knew this topic would come sooner or later. Chan had a talk with his dad about this at his age as well. Still, Chan wasn’t mated yet.

“Actually, it’s good that you aren’t into someone, you know?”

“Oh, is it? I thought I should find my match. And I am willing to do so, dad. It’s a little lonely like this.” Jisung didn’t feel as lonely as he felt weird. He’d talked to Chan about it, but couldn’t put a finger on why he hadn’t any interest in other werewolves. Chan had suggested that it might take longer for a beta to discover interest in mating or even to find his mate, because a beta not only has to figure out the chemistry between them but also to find his place in their relationship ­– was he going to become an omega or an alpha?

Most people in the tribe thought of Jisung as an alpha. He took responsibility, helped hunting and hadn’t much interest in cooking or household. He was a typical alpha without being one. So yes, maybe mating didn’t come naturally for him because he was a beta.

“When you say you feel lonely, Jisung, you might like to hear what I want to tell you.”

“Wasn’t it that I should go on dates and find my mate? I guess I can make a move on Lia maybe?”

His father shoke his head. “No son. What I want to tell you is, that you’re already promised.”

Jisung thought he’d heard wrong. “I’m what?”

“You’re already promised and I think it’s the right time now that both of you get to know each other in a more romantic way.”

“Why am I promised? Since when? To WHO?” this must have been a bad joke. His father was the wise man of their tribe. He knew a lot of things and people are actually seeking his advice. He couldn’t just offer his own son to anyone without having a good reason to it, right?

“Son. Look. I was thinking about telling you or not and I wanted to tell you the truth for some weeks now, but since Chans father isn’t here-“

Wait. Chans father? The chief of their tribe was missing since almost two weeks now. “I am not going to marry Chan, father!”, he said a little too loud, causing some people (including Chan) to look at him in confusion. “Father, that’s insane.”, he said a little quieter.

The wise man only laughed. “That would really be insane.”

Jisung blinked. “What?”

“Of course, it’s not Chan. I am talking about his brother.”

“You mean, I am promised to-“

“You’re promised to Felix, Jisung.”

 

Jisung sat on a trunk sighting deeply. He knew, he should have talked it out with his father but instead he simply stood up and left. He thought it would be enough to leave the fireplace, but he could feel eyes of so many people on him, he felt Felix eyes on him. That’s why he fled into the forest.

“Why Felix of all people?”

It wasn’t like he hated Felix. If anything, he loved Felix. They grew up together, Felix mother gave birth to him one day after Jisung was born and they named themselves often twins to point out this funny coincidence. He might have clicked more with Chan, because they had similar interests, but Felix was a good friend who felt like a true brother to him. He couldn’t marry him at any costs.

Jisung stood up again, walking through the forest a little more, hanging deep in his thoughts. Why did their parents think it was a good idea to promise them? Did the blonde know about this? What was he thinking?

He tried to imagine some dates with Felix. Maybe at the river or on the glade of this forest. It was nice there, that’s for sure. What would they do? Holding hands? Maybe. Talking? Probably. Laughing? Sure. A lot. They would laugh a lot. Was having fun a romantic thing? Maybe not? Maybe they should stick to holding hands and talking about what exactly? Some deep stuff maybe. Their feelings? This would only be good if there actually were feelings to talk about, right?

“Aish…!”

Jisung ruffled his own hair in despair. “I don’t want this…”

He stopped focusing on the ground, which was a huge mistake. Unfortunately he realized this too late, just when he felt a sling tightening around his ankle and pulling him up a tree. After a few moments of pure shock vanished, he hissed. “What the ?” When he looked up, he saw that one food was coughed in a wire loop.

Who would do this? No werewolf used such traps, they were half animals, they hunted their prey. So, what was going on? Luckily he was in shape, so he could bring his upper body up to his food and tried to loosen the wire loop, which didn’t run according to the plan in his head. Jisung cursed loud.

He sighed. Jisung could hear the wood clearly. He could hear the wind blowing through the crowns of the trees, the birds singing, he could hear other animals walking on the ground. He could even hear the river. “And I thought I had a great day…”

A laugh echoed through the trees. “Guess I am lucky again.”

Jisung looked around but couldn’t see anyone.  “Where-ah!” When he somehow managed to turn around his hanging body, he looked into an unfamiliar face.

The plump lips of the young man formed to a grin. “Booh!”, he laughed, and his tongue touched his lips slightly in amusement.

“How the heck did you manage to come this close so fast?!” Jisung was hanging upside down but he still tried to give the impression of having the upper hand here.

“It’s not a big deal. I am just fast, I guess?”

“Okay, maybe you are. Now be a nice guy and help me getting out of here.”, Jisung sighed. He felt his blood running to his head, and he didn’t want to feel this any longer. But the blonde guy just looked at him, tilting his head to the side. “Please?”, Jisung added and the stranger smiled.

“I would love to help you! Really! But I can’t. I am sorry for this.”

“Why? Why not?”

“I am not allowed to help strangers, you know?”

“I am not- okay, I am a stranger! But I am a stranger in distress! So could you please help me?”

“What’s your name?”, the blonde guy asked, eying Jisung with curious eyes.

“Han Jisung.” Maybe he would help him after he got his name. “What’s your name?”

“Mine? It’s Hwang Hyunjin!”, he smiles again.

“Hwang Hyunjin? Which tribe are you from? I don’t know any Hwangs, I guess…” The man even looked like he came from a tribe far away. He was tall, had blonde hair, plump lips and a pair of beautiful eyes. He was a rare beauty you wouldn’t find in this area.

“Which tribe are you from?”

“Aish! I asked first!”

“And I thought you want to get out of there?”, Hyunjin sighs and Jisung hated his behaviour.

“Why can’t you simply answer my questions Huynjin? Is it really this hard?”

The man raised an eyebrow and shrugged with his shoulders, then he turned around, on his way to leave Jisung behind. Wow, he was a diva, Jisung thought.

“Fine!”, Jisung screamed in defeat. “Fine! But come back and help me!” When he saw that Hyunjin turned around again with a huge smile on his lips, Jisung sighed. This man was ridiculous, he saw that Jisung had a problem and Jisung knew he had to get out of this , before the people who sat this up came. “I am from Bangs clan.”

“Bang?” Jisung could see Hyunjins eyes enlighten for a second. “You know his tribe?” Hyunjin nodded.

“I am promised to Bangs son! I am practically his son in law! So would you please help me now?” Finally, Jisung thought and watched Hyunjin searching for something in his bum bag. “Hyunjin?”

The wind changed its direction, now blowing directly in Jisungs face, carrying the scent of the stranger right into his nose. Jisung liked the scent of the stranger. He scented like vanilla and lavender. It really was a nice scent the young man had. But there was something else. He smelled something, he usually doesn’t. Hyunjin scented like…he could almost put his finger on it.

The blonde found what he was searching for. “Ah, here!”, Hyunjin said jubilant and pulled out a plastpipe.

Just before everything turned black, Jisung knew: Hyunjin smelled like human.

 

It already became dark outside and Felix was almost the last one sitting at their fireplace. He sighed and his blonde hair back. There was still no sign of Jisung after he’d left angry. Felix knew what Jisungs father had told him. Felix was told about their mating this morning and he felt as lost about it as Jisung felt now. But Felix had hours to get used to it before seeing his soon to be mate. It still felt strange. For now he couldn’t imagine to love Jisung like a true mate. He loved him, yes, but only as a good friend, another brother. But he was willing to try. Jisung was a good beta and he would become a good alpha, too. Felix was sure, he would get treated nicely by his friend. Also there wasn’t any other wolf Felix was interested in. His tribe had some nice wolves, but he didn’t feel attached to any of them, so mating Jisung would be okay, right? At least, he would mate a friend and not a wolf he didn’t like as much. But what if Jisung had someone he liked? Usually, Jisung wasn’t as open with his feelings as Chan was. Felix sighed. His head began to hurt. “Please come home, Jisung…”, he whispered into the darkness.

“You’re still here, bro.”

Chan sat down next to Felix, wrapping a blanked over his shoulders. “Come in. It slowly gets cold outside.”

Felix shook his head. “The fire is warm enough. Jisung will come back soon. I want to talk to him.”

Chan nodded. “Sure. If I were you, I would want to talk to him as well. But I don’t think he’s ready to talk about this now. Give him this night, okay? He might want some time to think.”

Felix nodded slowly. “He…hates it, doesn’t he?”, Felix whispered.

“Uhm…maybe…maybe he’s just confused? I don’t think he hates the idea of spending his life with you. You’re both friends.” Chan put an arm around Felix shoulders. “He likes you.”

“But he doesn’t love me…”

“Do you love him?”

Silence. No matter what Felix would answer, they both knew the truth. “I don’t. But if he would love me…it would be so easy for him to accept…me?” A sad smile was on Felix lips. “I think I just wish, I would appear more…lovable to him?”

“You are lovable, Felix. And Jisung loves you…like a brother. I think he run away because of that. Because you’re not just any wolf for him. You’re a person he likes and he cares about. He doesn’t want you to get stuck with him and be unhappy. Our Jisung thinks that way…”

“But I am not feeling unhappy, Chan. I think…I like Jisung…and I don’t love any wolf here…and I know…I know it’s time for me to get mated and if I have to get mated without feeling love…I think it’s a good thing to at least feel friendship, right?”

Chan sighed. “Yes, it is.”, he said with a heavy undertone in his voice. “But neither of you should feel forced Felix. This is something our parents came up with. Nothing you both would have wanted. It’s better to mate a friend than a stranger, but it’s still not a good thing if it’s not what both of you truly wanted, you know?”

Felix nodded. “Yeah…I need to talk to Jisung about it.”

“You do. But not today. You should rest now and talk to Jisung tomorrow, when both of you have slept a little.”

 

 

Jisung awakened to the crackling of a fire. He was lying on a woolen blanket on the floor and he would have thought of it as a cozy place to be if not his head was hurting a lot. He remembered the sudden pierce in his neck and wanted to touch the hurting spot with his hand when he realized that he was handcuffed. His Handcuffs were attached to a chain which sticked out of the wall.

“Ah finally! You’re awake?”

On an armchair across from his place sat an unknown man who slammed the book shut he was obviously reading.

“What-“

“What are you doing here?”

“Where-“

“Where are you?”  The man seemed to be amused by his questions.

“Who-“

“Who am I?”

Jisung bit on his underlip. He was afraid of a lot of things he knew that weren’t to fear. But this situation was dangerous. He crawled into the corner next to him and pulled his legs up to his body. He felt how his body began to shiver with every second he realized more in what kind of situation he’d gotten.

He must have been in a house. An actually real house, no hut in which they lived. A house in which…in which humans and vampires lived. He must have been brought to the city, which wasn’t good at any means.

“I am Mister Park. But you can call me Master, Jisung.”

“Why do you know my name?”

“Let’s say I have some kind of…relationship with your tribe and that’s exactly why you’re here.” The man stood up. He was very tall and had a strong body with enormous shoulders, Jisung felt small, very small.

In fear the boy pushed his body deeper into the corner when the man approached him. He knelt in front of him and Jisung kept his eyes shut. What would happen to him here?

“Frightened?”

He couldn’t see the mans face, but he felt his breath on his cheeks and he heard the grin in his voice and between the yukky scent of the man he smelled something he hadn’t in a long time: The scent of a Vampire.

“Look at me, Jisung.”

He shook his head. He won’t, he was too afraid to do such a thing. But then he felt a tight grip around his chin and he was forced to look in the mans direction.

“Jisungie, I forget to tell you that I am not a patient man.”

Jisung felt the grip even tighter and slowly he opened his eyes in fear. He felt how tears began to climb up his eyes and he tried to blink them away leaving his eyes glassy, feeling humiliated. Jisung knew how to fight back but this situation was new. He never was pitted against a Vampire. He’d seen a few in his life by now but those had been defeated by Bang. Jisung didn’t know what to do, how to react and that’s why he realized even more that he was in a very dangerous situation.

“There they are. I was told that your eyes were beautiful, big, and deep as the forest. I was not lied to. These eyes are truly beautiful.”

“What…what do you want from me?”, the brunette whispered in fear, not even trying to sound confident. “I don’t think I can give you anything.”

The Vampire began to laugh. “Surely you don’t know where you at. If you knew, you would know what I want.”

The tone in Mister Parks voice was mocking and Jisung began to sob. “What do you want?”

The old man loosened his grip to caress his cheek. “I want you, Jisung. I want you to obey me.”

“What?”, the brunette whispered with a shaky voice.

“Let me put it clear, Sungie. If I want you to be a nice pet for me, you’ll do so. If I want you to sing for me, you’ll do it. Even if I want you to strip for me, you behave and do it.” The mans grin widened with every word he said while Jisung looked in horror at his kidnapper. “You’re mine now, Sungie.”

Jisung shook his head. “No…” But the man only was amused by it. “The tribe is searching for me!”

“Oh, I bet they are. And I hope they do. Chan wouldn’t let his fiancé get kidnapped without looking for him, would he?”

“Chans fiancé…?”

“Oh, Sungie. No need to play dumb here. I have my ways I know things. And I will have my way with you. You’ll soon notice.”

Mister Lee stood up and went to the door. There were a bunch of bells on the wall and he ringed one of them. Soon after there was a knock on the door and it opened.

“Yes, Master?”

“Hyunjin, please come in.”

Jisung looked to the door hearing this name. “Hyunjin…?”, he whispered. Right. He was with Hyunjin, the human who stood in the door right in front of him. He’d stun him and must have brought him here. Hyunjin must have thought he was Chans fiancé and now this vampire was thinking it as well. Jisung must have talked himself into this .

“Bring him downstairs. I want you two to serve us this evening.”

“Yes, Master. But please allow me to speak out my concern. He just arrived; he might not be…compatible to the situation yet.”

“Make sure he will, Hyunjin.” Mister Park said with a strict voice.

Jisung felt the stare of the blonde guy. What were they talking about?

Hyunjin knelt next to Jisung, freeing him from the chain on the wall. “Stand up.”, he said with a soft but demanding voice. When Jisung didn’t move, Hyunjin pulled at the handcuffs which left no choice but to stand up. “Why are you doing this?”, Jisung asked in fear only stumbling after the blonde boy.

He tried to free himself, but there was no use in it. All he could do was following the guy. He hated himself for still liking Hyunjins sensual scent of lavender and vanilla. “Hyunjin, please! You don’t have to do this!”, he pleaded but was only brought to a big dining room, where Hyunjin was chaining him up again.

“The Master will welcome a guest in no time. We both will serving them the drinks they want.” He pointed to a bar in which lots of alcoholic drinks stood. “I think you don’t know any mixtures so I am going to mix the drinks and you will serve them.” Hyunjin touched his cheek softly, pulled Jisungs face to his direction and locked their gazes. “Listen. Do what they ask you to do. It’s for your own good, trust me.”

“Why am I here…?”, Jisung asked again, his thoughts not able to catch up with all those things happening to him.

“Because he wanted you. Not exactly you, but you’re a good choice thinking of your status in your tribe. Mister Park owns you now, better behave. We have to get you ready.” He mumbled and tried to hit the dust out of Jisungs clothes. “We have no time to dress you properly. Why do werewolves have such a different fashion sense?”, he mumbled.

Jisung should feel attacked by this statement but he couldn’t do other than observe the blonde man. Hyunjin was taller than him, he had beautiful features and his body was very well formed for a human. Jisung always thought, from all creatures human tend to have the most flaws. But Hyunjin was an exceptional beautiful creature. It hurt him than Hyunjin was as cold as he was beautiful. “Hyunjin, please-“

The door swung open and Hyunjin bowed down, pulling at Jisungs shirt that he did the same. “Welcome…”, he said and only looked up once Mister Park wanted it.

He was in company of another man. Not significantly older than he or Hyunjin were. He was very pretty, Jisung thought, just as Hyunjin. And Jisung thought he’d seen him before, he wouldn’t forget this light copper hair. “Hello, Hyunjin.”, the pretty guy said.

“Mister Lee…”, Hyunjin answered again bowing down a little.

“You’re still looking good. I guess you’re a good learner after all. On the other hand, we haven’t seen us in a decade.”, the man said amused.

Hyunjin nodded. “Thank you Mister.”

Jisung felt that something was off. He knew what they wanted him to do and knew that Hyunjin had asked him to obey Mister Parks wish and serve them their drinks. But he felt that only bad things would result out of this. Jisung was more than sure that he wouldn’t gain anything from it. It might only get worse.

While Mister Park and his guest sat down, Jisung searched Hyunjins attention but the taller only turned around and went behind the bar, Jisung followed. “Hyunjin, what is this all about?” Hyunjin watched him as if he couldn’t have asked a more stupid question. When he was about to answer, Mister Park told their first order.

“One Noilly Prat and one Martini, Hyunjin.” Mister Park looked at his guest. “You’re still up to Martini, I guess?”

The young guest nodded. “Sure.”, he said in a calm voice which Jisung would have found beautiful, given other circumstances. Their gazes locked and Jisung felt the guests cold eyes piercing directly though him. A cold shiver ran down his spine. Who was this guy and why seemed he so familiar?

“Jisung?”, Hyunjin touched his shoulder, turning him around. “The drinks are ready.” The taller looked at him and Jisung bet he saw fear in his eyes. “The Noilly Prat you give to Master Park und Mister Lee gets the Martini. Understood?”

Jisung nooded and took the tablet on which Hyunjin had put the drinks. He didn’t want to serve them drinks, but he hadn’t a plan how to get out of here. Following the instructions seemed to be the safe way for now.

The dining table was in the middle of the room and once Jisung reached it he put the drinks in front of the two men. He wanted to turn around and go back to Hyunjin when he was held back by a soft hand around his wrist. With one move he was turned around to look at Mister Lee, a smirk on his lips.

“You’re new, who are you?”

Unsure whether to reply or not, he looked at Mister Park.

“Just a new thing of mine. I realized when we went in, you like him Minho?”

Minho. His name was Lee Minho.

“Hm…kinda. What’s your name?” The look in Minhos face made Jisung shiver.

“Uhm…”, again Jisung did not know what to answer or even if he should.

“Don’t be shy little one.”

“Ji..sung. Han Jisung.“ He bit down on his lips. This Minho guy now knew his name and it kind of felt like he had gotten power over him. It might have felt this way because of the look in Minhos eyes, once he heard the name.

“Hm…Jisung. What a fitting name. Oh wait, it’s Han Jisung? Like HAN?” This question was clearly directed at Mister Park. Jisung himself did not know how to answer that.

The older man nodded. “It’s his child and the tribe chiefs son fiancé. Funny, isn’t it?”

“Well, that’s interesting. If I hadn’t thought you’re cute, you would have gotten my interest by now, Jisungie.” Minho let go off Jisungs wrist and laughed. “You may go back to Hyunjin now. But before, would you please give me my Martini?”

Confused Jisung looked from Minho to the glass in front of him and back to Minho. Then he reached for the glass, bringing it slowly to Minhos hand. But the beautiful man didn’t take it. Instead, he again grabbed Jisungs wrist and guided his hand to Mister Parks drink. “Put the drink here.” He said with a smile and Jisung did. “Now grab the other one.” When the drink in front of Mister Park was now in front Minho, the man took it.

“You’re cute. You don’t even know the difference between a Martini and a Noilly Prat.” He let go off Jisun. “It’s because you’re a puppy, hm?” Jisung growled silently. “I am not a puppy.”, he mumbled but went back to Hyunjin. “Is he as innocent in other fields as he is with alcohol?” Jisung heard Minho question.

Mister Park shrugged. “We’ll see…”

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

꒰⑅ᵕ༚ᵕ꒱˖♡ªʳⁱ૭ªᵗ°♡˖꒰ᵕ༚ᵕ⑅꒱

 

First Chapter done! Thank you so much for reading ♥

It's my first StrayKids story and I would love if you all leave your honest thought of this down in the comments! Depending on how I cut the chapters, I have about 3 or 4 chapters left (for now, I am writing almost every day) to give to you guys.I will match my uploads the resonance this story gets. If there's a lot of interest in it, of course I will upload more.

I love you all and if you liked the story, please let me know~

Senify♥