present try

The Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, I think I’ll just go straight home today.” Chanyeol half shouted from the driver door of his car.

 

“What? But you’ve been hanging out with us nonstop these past few days?” Baekhyun half shouted, confused at his friend sudden change.

 

“Yeah, and I want to be alone now?”

 

“Just let him be Baek, he must have want to go back to his lone man cave and drown himself in sad love songs because he just met his ex.” Kai said, giving his token on the situation whilst walking to Chanyeol’s car.

 

“What the hell?” Chanyeol got flustered at what his friend just said, which is all very true. He won’t admit it though.

 

“Ugh don’t lie to us. I know what you’re going to do when you’re alone in your man cave and I’m not going to let you go through that alone.” Kai walked straight to the other side of Chanyeol’s car, waiting for him to open the door.

 

“What do you mean?” He got really confused when he saw Kai standing on the other side of his car. “What are you doing?”

 

“I’m not letting you be more alone than you already are.”

 

“I’m not alone WTF?” He opened the door to his car and got in.

 

“Why do you have like ten different outer in your car? Its like 35 degrees outside.” Kai said while getting in the boy’s car, noticing his messy backseat that’s filled with jackets.

 

“Its nothing, I’m just too lazy to clean it up.” He replied coldly, trying to withhold the emerging memory.

 

The boy beside him scoffed. “Yeah, what a lie”

 

He ignored his friend and just started his engine and stepped on the gas.

 

This is going to be a long day indeed.

 

 

~

 

Beep beep beep beep. The sound of her hitting the passcode into the digital lock of her apartment could be heard. She stepped inside, the coldness slowly seeping in. The night is cold but her apartment feels colder than its supposed to.

 

She had a great time with her friends just now and it lifted her mood a lot. She didn’t think about Chanyeol at all when they’re at the karaoke and that’s a progress. But now, when she’s alone and back to her apartment that’s threaded with their memories, she could feel it again. The surfs of memories that’s slowly coming back to the back of her mind and  her heart with shards of pain.

 

Unexpectedly, she doesn’t feel that heartbreaking pain anymore. Instead she feels…. empty, and she doesn’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing.

 

She gets out of her shoes and go straight to the bathroom to wash herself. Feeling very tired from the many events of the day she threw herself onto the bed. Tiredness slowly beating her as her eyes are loosing from the sleep. A thought then crosses her mind, fully waking her mind up.

 

Why did Chanyeol fight earlier that day? She knew Chanyeol used to fight, a lot, but he had said hat he never fight unless there’s a reason for it, and the reason is usually the person being a pain in the or if the person has said inappropriate things. When she’s with Chanyeol, she had wished for him to not get hurt so he has never fight ever since he dated her. I guess the old him is back. She answered her own thought, disappointed.

 

He’s changed, and he’s not going to be here anymore.

 

I’m nothing to him now anyway.

 

Suddenly the gnawing feeling that she has tried to hold back the whole day came back in a rush accompanied by the tears. She broke down again. It’s the first time she cried for today. At least it’s an improvement.

 

She decided that she won’t drown in her feelings today, she’s not going to get sadder than this. She’s going to try to get over him. With the last push of her will, she threw away the bad thoughts and try to sleep until her tears are dried by itself.

 

~

 

“Look who’s here…” He said to his camera while putting it on focus on his girlfriend.

 

“Chanyeol! Stop filming! I look ugly.” She said whilst shoving his camera away.

 

“Wh- Ho- Wha- I never see ugly on you. Is that something to wear or what”

 

“Chan-.”

 

“Come on babe. Today is my birthday! See- you’re cooking all of my favorite food for me. I want to always remember this moment. Just today okay?” He cuts her off.

 

She only pouts and resumed her cooking.

 

Today is Chanyeol’s birthday and she decided to give him a full course birthday meal for him. He had always asked her to cook for him but she never had the time for it. Since today is snow day, school is off, and its too cold to go outside, she decided to give him the long awaited birthday meal.

 

“I’m so happy today.” He said, sitting on the side table.

 

“Of course you’re happy. You have to! Your one and only girlfriend is here cooking for you on your birthday, allowing you to do all you want on your birthday. How could you not be happy.” She smiled as she arranged all the food that she had been cooking for the past hours on the table. While her boyfriend just sits on the table looking at her.

 

“Oh- Come on. Don’t tell me you’re not happy too.” He pouts.

 

“I’m not. Cooking is tiring.”

 

“Really? You sure? Let me see.”

 

He grabs her arm, trapping her between his legs, hands squishing her face

 

“Are you not happy?” He calmly asked. 

 

“Chanyeol, of course I’m happy. How can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter