present steps

The Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Cold wind blows through the opened window to her room. Lights from the street illuminating the already cold room. Its been a week yet she still doesn’t have any will to leave her apartment. Her apartment that's used to be filled with their laughter, their hugs and kisses. She still can't believe that he's gone now, that they’re gone now.

 

She looks at their past photos that's hanging on her wall. Her heart clenches as she remembers the sweet memories they've shared from the past 4 years. Yes, their time together is not that long for most people, but the effort they both make to maintain their relationship and all of the happiness that they both felt is so surreal and not that easy to forget.

 

Their first encounter, their first kiss, and their first fight, all of their memories still linger on her mind like it was just yesterday.

 

Her eyes is sore and swollen from all the crying these past few days yet they never dried. It will still constantly flow every time she thinks of him, of them.

 

She had tried calling him right after their breakup, asking for forgiveness even though she didn't know what she did wrong or when everything went wrong. Yet there's no answer. How could he answer my call though? He must have hated me too much for it, she thought after calling him for the tenth time.

 

She won’t even hope for much from him. She won’t ask him to get back together. She just wants some closure. He suddenly asked for a break up and she didn’t get it at all. He said that everything is his fault. She thought about his sentence for a thousand times but she still couldn’t figure out what he did wrong. Maybe he hate me too much to tell me the real reason.

 

A couple of her friends have come to her house to check on her from time to time, giving her food and their comfort. They are worried she would do something harmful to herself because of her breakup. Thankfully she never thought to harm herself.

 

She didn’t even go to school, taking all the absent she had. She didn’t have energy left to go to school. She’s drained. All of her energy is to nothingness.

 

She would constantly tell her mind to stop her thoughts of him for her to sleep. But when she woke up the next day, her thoughts will just double up.

 

I should try to move on and live my life. She thought about that for a couple of times yet she didn't have the courage to leave their bittersweet memories behind.

 

But today, she's determined to leave her house, to live at least. She should try to live without him even though she's not ready to move on, nothing's wrong with just wanting to live right?

 

She dropped her feet on the cold tiles, cold enveloped through her already cold body. She gets ready to go to her morning class, challenging herself to maybe meet him at school.

 

I’m ready for this, I can do this.

 

~

 

Her friends pick her up in the morning, figuring that she needed moral support to go through her first day at school ever since a short break and a heartbreak.

 

“Are you sure you’ll be alright? We could accompany you for your class if you want.” The red haired girl said when they arrived in front of her school.

 

“Yeah. I think I should try to go through the day by myself. To train myself too I guess?” She said, throwing one of her sincerest half smile.

 

“Well, okay. If things get too hard don’t hesitate to call us okay? We’ll go right over to school. It already that we don’t have class on Monday.” Her blonde haired friend said, giving an encouraging smile.

 

“Thank you Wen, and for all the help you all gave me. I’m glad I have you all.”

 

After a couple of encouragements and goodbyes, her friends were gone. All that’s left to do now is walk to her class. But the thing that concerned her the most is that. She breaths in and start to walk on a steady pace. I’ll be okay, you’ll be okay Jin. She halted her pace when she heard a group of boys laughing and chattering in the loudest way possible. Its Chanyeol’s group of friends.

 

She is terrified of this the most upon her walk to her class. She knew that to go to her class, she must pass Chanyeol and his group of friends in the parking lot, or should we say “their hangout place every morning before they go to class”. The awkward thing is she knew that right after their breakup, Chanyeol started to go to club very frequently, or everyday exactly. She heard from her friends that every night he would bring a different girl home and play with different girls at school too. Its like she doesn’t even knew him anymore. The once warm, happy, and smiley Chanyeol is gone, replaced with the cold, unreachable bad boy.

 

Getting out from her thoughts, she breaths in and breaths out. She decided to not look at him or any of his friends. Not even a glance. She knew if she even heard Chanyeol’s voice by a close distance she would loose all the hardwork she did these past week. She has had enough of being broken and she’s going to be strong again. She quickens her pace with determination.

 

Once she passed by Chanyeol group of friends and went to her locker, she started to fell into a deep thought again. Her heart can’t lie but hearing some murmurs from his group of friends is making her miss him. When she passes by him she could hear a little sound of his voice, cold and distant. Eventhough she could only hear a little amount of his voice, its still made her heart go crazy. She misses him, but she couldn’t do anything about it. They’re not together anymore. Get yourself together Lee Jinah.

 

A drop of tear threatens to escape but she hold it back. She’s not going to break down. Not now, when she’s just a couple metres away from him. She holds herself together, gathered all her stuff that’s needed for class today and walk straight to her class. Ignoring the gnawing feeling of breaking apart.

 

~

 

“Hey isn’t that your ex?”

 

“Whoa she’s back!”

 

“Ouch! Chanyeol!”

 

“Just focus on your sandwich, .” The boy said whilst hitting his friend.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter