past impression

The Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 2016
 


"Don't forget your water Jin!" Her aunt's voice could be heard throughout the house as she busied herself with tying her shoes. Today is the first day of her second year of high school and to be honest, she's not excited at all. Its not anybody's fault though, its just so hard for her to be excited about anything lately. Even her favorite tube of ice cream couldn't excite her.

"I already brought it Auntie Anne" She half shouted back to her aunt as she’s finishing tying up her shoes. Its only 7 AM in the morning and she's tired already. She lets out her first big sigh of the day as she turned her view to the kitchen, hearing her aunt's steps nearing.

"Aw come on Jin, be excited will you? Maybe you could meet your possible husband at school this year?" Her aunt said as she's tidying her hair, picking up the messy strands in front of her face and tucking it on her ear.

"My pretty girl" She smiles. Auntie Anne has the prettiest smile. Her smile could light up the whole room and it sure is lighting up Jinah's mood.

"Thanks auntie, but i doubt it. I've seen almost every boy in my high school and no one has that husband candidate material." She replied, slightly rolling her eyes. Her aunt has been telling her to live her life and find some boyfriends but no one caught her eyes and she definitely didn't caught anyone's eye.

Stepping out from the front door she hugged her aunt. "I'll be back soon" She waved and went out, walking to the nearest bus station.

I hope this day ends fast.

~

Oh shoot.

A couple of mild profanities escaped her lips as she accidentally missed her stop so now she has to walk further. Technically she has to run as she only got 3 minutes left before the bell ring. Minus excited, that could explain how she feels right now.

She ran as fast as she could to the school before the gate closes. Pulling up her backpack every time it threatens to fall and breath in a heavy amount of oxygen to supply her fast running.

Thank God. She thought as the school could finally be seen on her vision. She ran faster as the gatekeeper is already closing the door at her sight. Silently praying that her lung and heart could make it after.

Thud.

Just as she passes the gate, she ran into someone's backpack. Before she could let out some apologies, the backpack owner turns his head back, cold eyes staring straight right into her eyes.

Gulp. Just by staring back on his eyes, she could feel the coldness slowly seeping in her warm body and pulling her into the endless hole of hollow. She never saw eyes that dark and frigid. Gathering her breaths and her strucken self, "I’m sor-" Before she could even finish her sentence, he already turned his back on her and half run to his destination.

 

What the hell? She thought internally whilst shaking her head at the boy’s abruptness, she suddenly realized that she’s late to her class by 1 minute. So much for the first day.

She huffed, still feeling breathless from the short but fast morning run and walked to her class. I’m already late anyways.

~

"Lee Jinah?" Her homeroom teacher called her as she walked into the class.

She straightened herself up. "Yes ma'am. I'm sorry i'm late" She held her head down, tucking her loose hair strands behind her ear.

"I'll let you go because its your first day. You can go and sit besides-" Her eyes scanned the room for an empty chair before landing into one, "Chanyeol."

She finally look up to the said direction before noticing something.

Sigh.

She had just went through one of the most exhilarating morning run in her life and now she must sit beside the boy that she had just bumped into, that doesn't want to talk to her, and has the darkest and coldest eyes she had ever seen.

God please help me. She prayed internally while sitting down on her seat.

~

 

Its been weeks into the school year, and she still hasn’t spoken to her particular classmate. She found out his name though, his name is Chanyeol and apparently he’s one of the most popular kids at school. His friends are the popular jock, jokester, playboy and some wealthy people’s son, the typical high school popular boys that you can usually see at TV shows. Literally.

 

The worse part is that her homeroom teacher decided to combine two rows of table into one. So she’s stuck on being his desk mate for God knows how long.

 

She wouldn’t lie, Chanyeol sparked her interest ever since everyone at the school talked about him. Everyone is curious about the one boy that doesn’t talk to anyone except his friends. Apparently there's so many rumors about him, she didn't know whether its true or not though. The rumor said that he'd fought every guy who irked him, and he's easy to be irked, so its uncountable how many guys he has fought.

 

The rumor also said that he had gone to the night club every night, despite being underage, just because he can. They said he's that powerful as his dad owns one of the biggest company in Korea. No one dared to block him on his path as they're afraid of irritating him, so he would walk around the school with his friends as if they're the school owners. One of his friends really is the school owner's son, that's the only fact she's heard that's related to him.

Every time she had seen him at class, just by a couple second, as she's kind of afraid of being caught staring, he'd always put those cold don't bother me look. The first time she saw that look, she didn’t think too much about it, but now that look intrigued her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter