Handing Our Stuff

Anonymous Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoullo 7017.
Built in 1970 as a highway, it transformed into a beautiful elevated walkway right in the core of Seoul. The pedestrians who choose to walk through will ineluctably be pleased by the freshness this place offers. Along the approximately one-kilometer span, there are numerous greeneries locked in round concretes, with plenty of eateries, souvenir stalls, exhibition halls, and information centers. The resplendent of bustling metropolitan city will still be visible wherever we throw our eyes to—but from the 17 meters above the main road, it is perfect for anyone who just wished for a peaceful stroll.
Seulgi took a subway from her campus to Seoullo 7017 after she finished her first class today. This place was counted as a typical tourist attraction—and no wonder she spotted some foreigners roaming around. She approached one of the rounds concretes, which contains magnolia flowers in it. 
Seulgi already prepared an envelope inside her postman bag. She lay the envelope within the bush of white magnolias that exuded sweet, yet fresh and creamy scent. With her phone, she took a picture and makes sure that her body’s silhouette is not captured. 


As we’ve agreed before, we have 6 hours maximal to take the belongings that one of us put in the designated place. If it exceeds, then we will start over a new game. It is 11:16 AM, and you’ll have time until 5:16 PM to pick it up.
I placed this in the third magnolia bush you will see when you stepped from the entrance. Be careful, and don’t force yourself if you can’t. 
Good luck!


This game she decided to play with a stranger from an app that was supposed to be used for her research purposes only, get her thrilled. It was the kind of anxiety that will give her enough energy to walk around her neighborhood a couple of times—not the one who will paralyze her down to her bed while staring at the ceiling in silence. On the way to her second class today, Seulgi even put her phone on silent mode without vibration to prevent her from checking it every 10 seconds.
Meanwhile, on the other side, Jongin set himself earlier this noon. His class started at 2 PM, and he usually leaves for college at around 1.15 PM. It took him almost half an hour to reach his campus building because he will pass many main roads, which were usually crammed with traffic. But today, when the clock turns 12, he was doing the final touch to the attire by swaying an oversized navy blazer atop of his ivory shirt. Besides asking Mr. Lee to take him to Seoulleo 7017, he also texted Chanyeol to meet him there—which Chanyeol found strange, but Jongin brushed it off anyway. 
Chanyeol had already waited for him when Jongin arrived. Both of them were then walking side to side amid the local people and the tourists.
“You choose to go to this touristy place after you live in Seoul for 13 years. It would be counted as remarkably odd if I told you I’m not suspicious”.
“If I tell you why, will you assure me not to laugh at it?”.
“No. But go on, I’ll listen”.
Jongin sighed. “Do you know Vault? The app? It was a buzz on Twitter a while ago”.
Chanyeol rolled his eyes upward and humming. The name was familiar, but he did not remember.
“I’m not quite sure, though. What’s the matter with this app?”.
Jongin explained shortly about the app and its anonymous nature between users and then proceeded to tell about his game with user 100dollar. 
“100dollar is the one that I found most interesting among the people I talk to in that app”, Jongin pushed his crutch stronger to the ground when he was walking through the short stairs. Chanyeol then gripped on Jongin’s arm to ensure he was walking carefully.
“Huh? Why?”.
“I don’t know, but it’s just...have you ever met a person, and as soon as you’re both talking, you know that you’ll click with them? Like a lock and key. They are good listeners and knowledgeable. Whatever topic we bring to the table will turn into a great conversation”.
“That’s a scarce chance, though. You know that most people are not good at maintaining conversation or listening”.
“I know. I even came out to them—”, Jongin almost continued his words with his and his dad's story, but he quickly pressed his tongue back.
“You did?”, Chanyeol turned his head to Jongin. “How did they respond?”.
“Quite good. They support people like me”.
“It’s a jackpot then!”, Chanyeol shrieked. “Are you going to meet this person someday? Who knows, both of you can be a good friend”.
“I still want to keep things in place for a moment. Maybe later. When I’m ready”.
Jongin counted the round concrete with magnolia flowers he had passed, and he arrived at the third one. Just like what 100dollar commanded him to do. He encountered a precise envelope like he saw earlier in his chatroom and leaned his body to reach it. 
“Come on, let’s go”, Jongin said as he puts the envelope inside his jacket pocket.
“Are you not going to open it in front of me?”.
“No. It’s confidential”.
On the way back to where Mr. Lee parks his car, they bought two cups of iced coffee. Jongin hadn’t had his lunch yet, but he decided to ignore it. He was not hungry anyway. His appetite had drastically lessened since the accident, and he had run out ideas to resuscitate his will to eat. 


~***~


There were five photos with his palm's size when Jongin opened the envelope user 100dollar gave him. All of it showed stunning natural scenery. From the Sakura tree captured in one of the pics, Jongin presumed that it was taken in Japan. And his assumption was getting stronger when he saw Mount Fuji in another one. 
User 100dollar’s handwriting resided on the back of the photos. It was not the neatest he had ever seen, but still readable.
 

It was my first trip to Japan a few years back as a reward from my parents because I just got accepted in college. 
Tell me the most random thing about you.


Jongin was smiling ear to ear while texting user 100dollar right after he grabbed his phone from his desk.


The pictures turn out great, I must admit. Picturesque! I’ve been to Japan too, a couple of times. Enough to roughly pinpoint where you took that picture of Mount Fuji.
I used to be bullied when I was young because I mastered ballet. They told me I was an effeminate boy. Sissy. Boys shouldn’t do girly things, they said. So ing annoying.
But jokes on them, I’ve won a lot more dance competition than their entire achievement because of my ballet skill.
 

Woah, lucky you. I have only been to Japan once, and I will never get enough of it.
Crazy how humans with even such a young age had been taught the concept of segregatin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter