NEW MOON

The Other Side Of The Moon

 

Born from the flames of hell on a red full moon, eyes burn with hatred, the heart so cold with no mercy, Moonbyul raised from a small flame to a furious devil from 'Infero', the smallest clan. She has no weakness nor flaw. Mastered the fighting skills, perfected her magic power and above all that visual of hers, which could easily make anyone kneel before her, be it a devil or an angel. She definitely is 'Perfection'.

 

Moonbyul suppressed anyone who tried to cause her downfall. Nothing else mattered except power. She could even massacre a whole clan if that could result in gaining more power. Many have lost at the snap of her fingers. Even her own father try not to reason with her. She despised her father for letting her mother die. She was the Devil amongst the devils.

The only driving force was her aim to bring down Lucifer to mark her name in every soul and rule the Hell. The Inferos were always looked down upon and lived as the victims of any possible outbreak.

Was it their fault to be born in a lowly caste? Why were they being discriminated against by a mere name? Why did the privileged torment them? Those were the questions raised by Moonbyul to herself as she grew up. The only way to earn the respect was to be powerful. That time of war, when Lucifer attacked their land and her mother tried to save her, he mercilessly tore her mother into halves and burned her to ashes. This was the root cause of Moonbyul's lust for power. Returning the same favor to him was her dream. She slowly became the talk of the city.

 

When Moonbyul became full-fledged, she left her father to travel from place to place to learn new things and gain more power, following the wise devils from different parts of the Hell. These pursuits could let her be more aware of the history of the most powerful devils and angels ever lived in both the worlds. On her journey, she learned that if an angel gave his/her power to a devil, the devil would gain an enormous amount of strength and power. As a result, the angel shall be punished and exiled to the human world. This punishment was the most severe for both angels and devils. It was like merely waiting to die as time goes by, with no power and strength slowly deteriorating. Since this was one-sided, angels did not mingle with the devils. It was considered a myth as no such thing has occurred in all the recorded history.

 

Time passed. Moonbyul grew stronger day by day. Battling devil after devil, extracting source and knowledge to get closer to being an indomitable one. Soon her name became widely known.

 

Lucifer heard about Moonbyul through his minions and referred her as a ‘laughable imbecile weakling’. When Moonbyul got to know about Lucifer’s mockery, she thought it was the perfect opportunity to get close to Lucifer. She started killing every single men of Lucifer she encountered, triggering the most powerful devil, after the great Satan.

 

Moonbyul’s ever-growing fame provoked Lucifer. He wanted to belittle her in front of the entire world; heaven, earth and hell. He sent out his men to dig into her and discover her weakness. Lucifer was no less than Moonbyul. His cruelty has no boundary. Even the angels, God's servants, were not spared.

 

As his men couldn't find any information on Moonbyul besides her strength and hell shaking beauty, Lucifer decided to check himself the so-called 'Rubus Byul Infero'.

 

%%%%%%%%

 

 

His minions spread the word, "Master Lucifer is kind enough to invite and hear Moonbyul's jokes of defeating him. She should prepare some more jokes to entertain him."

 

Moonbyul replied to this message, "Poison Ivy field at new moon."

 

 

New moon arrived, hot air blew across the open field, not a creature in sight. Poison Ivy field was a battlefield where there were clashes of clans for power. Many devils had turned to ashes in this very arid land with no light for decades.

 

Moonbyul, in her dark clothes with her straight and long pitch-black hair down, stood waiting for Lucifer to appear. She grew her hair in remembrance of her mother. While she waited, she swings her silver sword playfully, with her moon sign curved on the blade. The atmosphere slightly changed and her eyes went from her sword to the small group of figures standing a few meters away.

 

Moonbyul held her head high, looked at each one of them and gave a smirk. "I didn't come here to waste my time with your servants."

 

Lucifer stood in the middle unruffled with a smile on his face. "I see. At least the rumor about your beauty is true." Lucifer took a good look of her and continued, "Now, before I test your strength, I will give you an offer." Lucifer steepled his hands and suggested something hilarious that Moonbyul has ever heard before.

"Be mine. And let's rule together."

 

Dragging the sword lifting small dust, leaving a long line, Moonbyul marched towards Lucifer.

"The Moon shines alone and alone it will rule."

 

 

Lucifer signaled his men to step back. Moonbyul's first strike went straight for his torso. Strike after strike, combos of her magic. However, Lucifer kept dodging them.

"You have to try harder than that."

"This is just the warm-up." Moonbyul swirled her sword. She charged with her full strength, blew one after another, combining the magical power with her physical strength. Lucifer, who initially dodged, started to fall back and defend with his magic power. Her excelling sword skills pushed Lucifer on the verge of pulling out his sword. But he refrained himself from doing so.

 

"Come on, draw your sword!“, Moonbyul shouted amid the thunderstorms of magic clashing together. Her expression was horrifying, with eyes wide opened that turned ruby red. She smiled from ear to ear in confidence.

 

Lucifer protected himself inside a dome barrier of magic. "You are not worth it."

 

"Then why are you hiding in a barrier, you coward! Fight me!" Moonbyul tried to break the barrier with all the power she had. But it wasn't a weak barrier as it drained all her energy. After some time, she staggered to her feet, swaying a little.

 

"Is this a child's play?" Lucifer taunted.

 

"Rats won't come out from their holes if their predator is right outside." Moonbyul took a deep breath and exhaled. She stood up straight and took a few steps backward. "If you want them, you drag them out by force."

 

Moonbyul bit her right thumb holding the sword. With the blood, she drew a line from the right corner of the lips down her neck as she held her head up, staring at Lucifer. She undo two buttons of her shirt and drew the demonic ritual signs on her chest. She breathed heavily as she did so from exhaustion. She then opened her arms and looked up in the dark sky with no stars. Suddenly she was on a raging red flame lighting up the whole place. Lucifer's men moved back in awe. They have never seen such a ritual before. Amongst the flame, two large dark wings spread out and she walked out with the fiery red horns on her head.

 

Moonbyul’s wings were closed and opened instantly, taking her up in the air. Moonbyul glared down and prepared to strike. In the blink of an eye, the barrier scattered to pieces cutting Lucifer's clothes and his face.

 

Her movement became faster and her strikes were stronger than ever before. By hitting him with her magic and cutting through his skins, Moonbyul reached the verge of winning the battle. Lucifer couldn't defend himself anymore and took the blows. Finally, his wings appeared and the fight took to aerial. The friction of their magic started to create thundering clouds.

 

Moonbyul's strongest magic hit Lucifer and send him flying down on the dry land. The land shook so hard when he hit the ground, producing the waves like that of an earthquake.

 

"Any last words?". Moonbyul flew down and asked him before giving the ending strike.

Lucifer pushed himself up to stand. He looked at Moonbyul with disgrace and laughed out loud.

"How dare a low life like you?! An Infero should remain inferior."

 

All the burns and cuts got healed instantly. Moonbyul trembled to see the quick recovery. He was pretending all this time. She stiffened and was ready for the worst.

 

Lucifer drew out his blue flame sword. "You deserve it. I will give you that."

 

Lucifer's one strike and Moonbyul was already on her knees defending the strike. That was the moment when she’d realized the level of supremacy held by a top devil compared to other mediocre devils.

 

Moonbyul tried defending herself but was in vain. The swings of the sword cut her body everywhere. At last, Lucifer put his sword down to . Since she couldn't heal rapidly like Lucifer, she knew it was of no use in defending herself anymore.

"That was a fun battle." Moonbyul smiled.

 

"Last Chance. My offer is still valid."

 

"You must be kidding me", Moonbyul sneered.

 

The tip of the sword went in by a millimeter. Moonbyul didn't even flinch. She knew what would happen next and wasn't afraid to die.

 

Lucifer amazed by her bravery, complimented her. "I have been to Heaven and Hell and know them like the back of my palm. More or less about the Earthlings. I have witnessed the strength, beauty, quality, and power of every female of both worlds. But I must tell you. You excel all of them."

 

"I know".

 

"Hahaha, I LIKED you! Imagine....you and me. The most invincible couple ever existed! All the lands we can conquer." Lucifer moved closer to Moonbyul's face and whispered, "Even Heaven, if you want."

 

Moonbyul looked at him apathetically. "I would rather bath in holy water than to be partnered with you."

 

"Hm...I am having a second thought", Lucifer tilted his head to the side. "I would like to see you suffer. Too bad, your desire to seek power is WEAK."

Lucifer put back his sword and snapped his fingers. A strong bolt of lightning hit Moonbyul. She screamed her lungs out in pain. "Aaaahhh........"

.

.

 

 

 

 

"Master, should we just leave her here?".

"Throw her away at Limbo".

 

She laid there motionless, unconsciously. Is this the end of me? Was I really weak? Was I delusional? Rubus Byul Infero, what are you going to do now? Run, hide, die or come back stronger?

The new moon of Moonbyul.

 

§¦<><><><><>¦§

 

Limbo, a region on the border of Heaven and Hell, where sinned souls who could neither enter heaven nor hell reside. The place where soul eaters, otherwise known as Hollows, would frequently visit to devour on the souls.

 

The light was too bright for Moonbyul to open her eyes. It was all blurry. She closed her eyes and opened again. There was someone in white but she couldn't see well.

"Who are you?"

 

"I am a healer. Let me help you"

 

"Healer?", Moonbyul murmured. She slowly lose consciousness again.

"Ma......is....Sol......"

 

Moonbyul breathed heavily as everything went dark.

 

§¦<><><><><>¦§