To new beginnings

Hopelessly In Love With You

 

Everything was set. It had been 1 week since the incident and Seulgi had arranged a flight out of Korea to Canada in two more days. Until then, they had to stay low and go out as less as possible. Seulgi too, had stopped visiting Wendy and Joy’s place to minimise the risks. They couldn’t risk anything at the moment. 

 

Irene and Wendy were on bed, in each others arms as they applied to various jobs. Both of them had gotten quite a few offers, considering their astonishing grades. 

 

“Your parents would be very proud of you,” Irene said, knowing how much Wendy longed to have a family. 

 

“Are you?,” Wendy turned sideways, looking into Irene’s honest eyes. 

 

“More than anyone,” Irene said, getting lost in the dreamy eyes her girlfriend had. 

 

“That’s enough for me,” Wendy smiled, blushing at the comment. 

 

“Cheesy,” Irene teased, placing a few kisses over her girlfriend’s temple. 

 

“What if this doesn’t work out?,” Irene asked, still worried about the plan. 

 

“We’ll make it work,” Wendy said confidently. 

 

While they were still replying to their job offers, Irene’s phone rang. She picked it up at once. 

 

“Irene you need to meet at my guy at the cafe beside the university for visas today evening,” Seulgi said. 

 

“Okay.. all of us?,” Irene asked. 

 

“Um.. not really,” Seulgi denied. 

 

“Okay I’ll be there. Thanks,” Irene said and cut her call. 

 

“Huh?,” Wendy questioned in her cute way. 

 

“Huh?,” Irene teased, like she always did when her girlfriend asked in such an informal and cute way to her. 

 

Wendy blushed, hiding behind her palms until Irene removed them. 

 

“We need to get our visas,” Irene smiled, placing kisses on her girlfriend’s reddened cheeks. 

 

“I’ll go with you,” Wendy nodded. 

 

Irene agreed as she was asked not to take everyone. She and Wendy can go alone to get them and sign some formalities. 

 

“I’m hungry,” Irene pouted, hopefully looking at the blonde. 

 

“I can’t believe how much you three eat,” Wendy whined remembering how they had just eaten an hour ago. 

 

“Are you having problem with my eating habits?,” Irene asked, straddling Wendy on the bed, pinning her hands up on the headboard. 

 

“I didn’t say that now did I?,” Wendy smiled nervously looking at her suddenly smirking girlfriend. 

 

“Oh my love.. you do mean that don’t you?,” Irene leaned in, placing kisses on the blonde’s cheeks and neck. 

 

Wendy’s lips parted due to the heavenly sensations on her neck, losing control at once. She grabbed Irene’s hands which were holding her arms up and her face flushed. Irene nibbled and on her sensitive pulse point, making her to muffle some sweet moans. 

 

“Have you ever gotten a love bite before?,” Irene asked in a husky whisper. 

 

Wendy shook her head, not being able to form any words. Irene smirked as she worked hard on her girlfriend’s neck, lovingly placing a beautiful love bite before pulling away. She kissed her girlfriend’s lips once before brushing the latter’s messy hair. 

 

“Now you have one,” Irene smiled slyly. 

 

Wendy blushed as she shyly pushed her girlfriend off, standing up dizzily. 

 

“A-Aren’t you hunrgy!,” Wendy said in embarrassment as she stormed out of the room to the kitchen. 

 

“So cute,” Irene mumbled in a smile, following the younger girl. 

 

After they were done eating, they dressed up. As Joy and Yeri were gone for shopping groceries, they texted them that they’re out for a few hours. 

 

Irene slid her hand in Wendy’s as they walked on the left side of the street. Both of them were well covered with caps and scarfs. They didn’t want anybody recognising them. As the cafe wasn’t that far off, they reached within a few minutes. 

 

As soon as they went in, they recognised a familiar man. He was one of Seulgi’s manager. They sat down on the hidden end of the cafe as they signed the require papers. After the man told them that he will give the visas to Seulgi only, they thanked them. 

 

Irene was well aware that whatever they were doing was illegal. But she didn’t care. Everything can be settled with money. Hell, everything can be settled with her name itself. 

 

“I’m going to use the washroom. Stay here okay?,” Irene said before standing up. 

 

Irene quickly made her way to the washroom, relieving herself. She always felt pressured while doing something this risky. After washing her hands, she came out and to her shock, she couldn’t spot Wendy. 

 

“Seungwan?,” Irene called out, looking around to spot her girlfriend. 

 

Irene gulped when she saw the blonde’s phone still on the table. Feeling overwhelmed, Irene started looking around patiently. 

 

Finally, she went to the counter, asking if anyone had seen her blonde friend who came with her. 

 

“She went with a man in black suit just a few minutes back,” the boy working in the cafe told. 

 

Irene almost got a heart attack after hearing this and she immediately left the cafe. With panicked and quickened footsteps, she rushed back to their hideout, locking the door from behind. 

 

“What’s wrong?,” Yeri asked when she saw Irene sobbing while coming inside. 

 

“S-Seungwan.. I don’t know where she is..,” Irene said, sinking down on the ground. 

 

“What?,” Joy asked with a pale face, helping Irene on the sofa from the ground. 

 

“Someone said.. a man in black suit took her..,” Irene cried, shaking uncontrollably at the thought. 

 

“W-What are you saying..,” Joy shivered at the thought. 

 

“I’m calling Seulgi unnie,” Yeri stated, going on the side to call Seulgi. 

 

This was not okay. This was not right. This was not in their plan. Seulgi who was shocked as well, quickly came to their place as soon and hideously she could. 

 

“What the hell?,” Seulgi asked, hugging Irene to comfort her. 

 

“T-They took her..,” Irene sobbed more, not being able to think straight. 

 

“STOP IT!,” Yeri shouted at Irene and Joy who were crying since an hour now. 

 

Her scream startled everyone and they all froze, looking at the youngest with fire in her eyes. 

 

Suddenly, Irene’s phone beeped. She picked it up at once, revealing a new text. When she opened it, her jaw dropped and face became pale. Wendy’s picture while sobbing. 

 

From: Dad 

 

‘Let’s see if she really loves you. But if you do, come get her at the warehouse beside the university’ 

 

“,” Irene groaned, almost crushing the phone in her hand. 

 

“We need to call the police,” Joy said in panic. 

 

“No police can stop him..,” Yeri said, now terrified as well. 

 

“We’ll get her. Irene you come with me. Your father wants you. I will go with you. I’m calling for my backup straight away. He won’t be expecting that.. according to him you have no resources,” Seulgi explained, keeping her calm. 

 

Irene whose crying-state was long gone, had her angry face now. 

 

“I’ll get her,” Irene said, rushing outside the living room. 

 

“You two stay here. I’ll assign some guards around. Don’t come out do you understand?,” Seulgi hurriedly explained to Yeri and Joy before running after the older girl who was ready to burn down the world. 

 

After catching up to Irene, Seulgi stopped her by holding her arms. 

 

“Look at me,” Seulgi demanded. 

 

Irene looked at Seulgi, wondering why she was stopped at such a crucial moment. They needed to hurry. 

 

“We’ll get her,” Seulgi said, shaking Irene a bit to get her to calm down. 

 

Irene nodded, taking a few deep breaths. She led Seulgi lead her to her car. As the younger girl drove to their destination, Irene impatiently tapped her right foot. 

 

“Open the right column,” Seulgi pointed towards what she wanted to open. 

 

Irene did as she was told and to her surprise, there were a pistol inside. She took it out, loading it. Again, she knew perfectly how this works. 

 

Seulgi felt relieved to see Irene knew how to use the gun. As the university was just 10 minutes away, they reached to the warehouse entrance in 15 minutes. To their expectations, Seulgi’s backup was already here. After she instructed them on what to do, she held Irene’s hand, leading them inside. 

 

“They’ll come in as soon as you press this,” Seulgi said, handing the small button to the older girl. 

 

Irene nodded, hiding the small button in her sleeve somehow. After she was done, she told took a deep breath before entering the abandoned warehouse. As soon as she reached the gate, she felt a few men surrounding her. 

 

She had expected this so she didn’t felt scared. Instead, she had a straight composed face. 

 

“Come with us,” one of the men said as he and another guy held her by her arms, roughly taking her inside the huge warehouse. 

 

Irene who adjusted to the surroundings felt her heart beating faster after seeing Wendy’s hands tied behind her back, her legs tied too, a blindfold over her eyes. She could see many bruises on Wendy’s legs and arms and it made her furious. 

 

“Daughter,” Donghae said, coming in front of her shocked daughter. 

 

“How dare you..,” Irene’s nostrils flared as she pushed her father away from in front of her and rushed towards Wendy who was on the other side of the room on the ground. 

 

As soon as Irene touched Wendy after kneeling down, the latter flinched and jumped, backing up against the wall. 

 

“Seungwan.. it’s me,” Irene said, helping Wendy up on her as she removed the blindfold.

 

Wendy who was a sobbing mess adjusted to the sudden light and her lips quivered after seeing Irene in front of her, all alone. 

 

“Y-You.. w-why did you come!!,” Wendy shuddered when she realised what had just happened. 

 

“Shush.. calm down baby,” Irene hugged her panicking girlfriend, rubbing her back warmly. 

 

“Y-You need to go.. h-he’ll kill you..,” Wendy sobbed, trying to remove the ropes around her wrists and legs. 

 

“It’ll be okay,” Irene reassured as she pulled away, wiping away her girlfriend’s face. She could see how badly beaten up Wendy was. Her lip was bleeding and she had bruises all over her face too. 

 

“Where’s Yeri?,” Donghae asked impatiently. 

 

Irene fisted her hands, standing up and facing her father. She had courage. 

 

‘You don’t need your father’ 

 

‘You’re not his puppet’ 

 

‘You can do whatever the hell you want’ 

 

Wendy’s words rang in Irene’s head. 

 

“You’ve fell so low daughter.. loving a nobody like her? She’s a pest for us,” Donghae said in a disappointed tone. 

 

“She’s a million times human than you ever could be,” Irene warned her dad, controlling herself from lunging forward. 

 

Irene started secretly scanning the surroundings. Unfortunately the guards around had guns. This meant that her and Wendy needed to get a cover before she pressed the button in her sleeve. And also as one of the guards had taken away her pistol at the front, she had no defence except the button. 

 

“You disappoint me. I’m giving you this last chance. Go home with me and marry Seulgi,” Donghae said, tapping her foot. 

 

“Okay,” Irene suddenly said, surprising her father to no ends. 

 

“Leave Seungwan. I’ll go home with you,” Irene said, her heart beating fast. 

 

“She’ll have to die. She messed with my family and she’s gotta pay,” Donghae straight away rejected. 

 

No way in hell. 

Irene smirked internally. 

 

Like I would let you do that. 

Irene mumbled to herself. 

 

“Let me have some moments with her please..,” Irene said, pretending to feel her emotions and tears piling up. 

 

“You lovesick fool!,” Donghae shouted, but calmed down after thinking that he’ll get what he wants. 

 

“5 minutes,” Donghae said, pointing at the digital clock on the side. 

 

Irene nodded, walking towards Wendy. When she noticed a 4 feet aluminium sheet lying just a feet away from them, she prepared herself. 

 

She kneeled down in front of her girlfriend who was looking at her in fear. Irene gently hugged Wendy, closing her eyes and rubbing the latter’s back. 

 

“It’ll be okay,” Irene whispered before she took out the button from her sleeve and pressed it. 

 

As soon as she heard footsteps approaching and the door blasting open, she lunged sideways at the aluminium sheet which was a bit heavy and got on her knees, covering herself and Wendy with it. Before she knew it, loud gunshots took over the room. Some were aimed at them but got stopped by the aluminium sheet. 

 

When Irene saw Wendy scared out of her wits, she tightly hugged the younger girl, getting as close together as they can. 

 

“It’s alright.. it’s okay.. I’m here Seungwan,” Irene said, untying Wendy’s hands in the hug. 

 

With shaking hands, Wendy clutched onto Irene, scared about the gunshots. But even during this terrifying situation, both of them were worried about each other. Praying that none of them are hurt in this shootout. 

 

“It’s almost over baby,” Irene said, when the gunshots were no more heard.

 

She held the sheet and slowly pulled it away, revealing her ex-fiancée in front of her. Seulgi removed the cover, keeping the roasted sheet down on the ground. 

 

Irene looked around and realised that her father was not there. 

 

“He escaped. We’re good now though,” Seulgi said, untying Wendy’s legs. 

 

“Let’s go Seungwan..,” Irene said softly to the girl who was still clutching onto her. 

 

Wendy let Irene lift her up in her arms, taking them out of the warehouse. Wendy wrapped her arms around Irene’s neck, feeling her nerves getting calmed due to her girlfriend’s comforting scent and embrace. 

 

As soon as they reached their hideout, Irene placed Wendy on her bed, removing her shoes. Joy, Yeri and Seulgi were in the room too, a first aid kit ready. 

 

Wendy who was still holding onto Irene’s hand, pulled her closer. This was all very scary for her. 

 

“I’m sorry,” Irene said, looking into the pair of honey brown eyes which for the first time reflected pain. She wanted to wipe away that look. She wanted those pair of dreamy orbs to look nothing but happy. 

 

“I love you,” Irene said, leaning and hugging her girlfriend. 

 

“I have preponed the flight to the next few hours.. we need to get you four out as soon as possible,” Seulgi said from behind. 

 

“I’m going to help her to wash up and we’ll go then,” Irene said. 

 

The three other people in the room left, giving the couple some privacy. As soon as the others left, Irene gently helped Wendy to the washroom, removing her clothes to reveal more bruises. Using a warm wet cloth, Irene washed the dirt off her girlfriend’s body, and applied the ointment and some bandaids. 

 

“I’m so sorry..,” Irene said, her voice cracking towards the end. This was all her fault. 

 

When Wendy saw her girlfriend’s tears threatening to fall, she leaned in and kissed those quivering lips. 

 

“What did I tell you Joohyun?,” Wendy asked, looking into the brunette’s eyes. 

 

“I can die for you.. in a heartbeat,” Wendy completed, giving out a small smile. 

 

Irene’s tears rolled down, feeling devastated. She let Wendy hug her and wipe her tears but that didn’t make up for all those bruises the blonde had. Only if she could hurt instead of Wendy, she would do that. 

 

“Let’s get out of here,” Wendy whispered desperately. 

 

Irene pulled back and nodded, feeling the intense atmosphere. They both dressed up and packing the necessary things. After they all were set to go, they sat in Seulgi’s van, two more cars of guards behind them. 

 

“Are you okay unnie?,” Yeri and Joy asked looking at Wendy. 

 

The blonde nodded and gave a reassuring smile. As long as she had Irene and these amazing people beside her, she was absolutely okay. 

 

After an hour of ride, they reached the backside of the airport. It was the Kang’s private jet so it was all safe. They had nothing to worry about now. 

 

But it was the hardest moment now. Time for goodbyes. 

 

Irene came forward and hugged Seulgi tightly. 

 

“Thank you,” Irene whispered and Seulgi could feel how generous her ex was. They were best friends after all. 

 

“Stay happy okay? And call me if you need anything,” Seulgi patted Irene’s cheek, kissing her on the cheek for a goodbye. 

 

Irene smiled, moving aside to pick up her bags. After Yeri and Joy had also said goodbye to Seulgi, they three went up in the small yet luxurious plane. 

 

Wendy who suddenly came forward, hugged Seulgi too. The taller girl who was startled, hugged back. 

 

“Thank you so much Seulgi..,” Wendy said, tears of how thankful she was rolled down her cheeks. 

 

“Take care of yourself.. and Irene unnie for me,” Seulgi said, rubbing the smaller girl’s back. 

 

Wendy pulled back, wiping off her tears as she nodded. When Seulgi smiled at her, she knew she had one more true friend. 

 

“I’ll visit you all someday. If you need anything.. here is my number,” Seulgi said, handing a piece of paper to Wendy. 

 

The blonde nodded, keeping it in her jeans and turning back to go up in the plane. She took a seat beside Irene, holding her hand. 

 

As soon as the plane took off, all of them released a breath they didn’t know they were holding. 

 

Removing the hand-rest between them, Irene and Wendy got closer to each other, enjoying the warmth. 

 

“It’s over..,” Irene whispered, not believing herself how this month has passed. 

 

“I love you Hyun,” Wendy mumbled in sleep, dozing over her girlfriend’s chest from the side. 

 

‘Love at first sight do exist’ 

Irene said to herself. 

 

‘And not all Romeos and Juliets die in the end’ 

Irene smiled, looking at the cute blonde sleeping over her. 


_______________________________________________
 

A/N: I apologise for any mistakes. 
 

So guys... how was it? :/ 

This was intended to be a short story so it's supposed to end here.. And plus I haven't tried something like this before. What do you prefer? Short stories or long ones? 


Have a good day all xD :)) bye bye!