I’m sure

Hopelessly In Love With You

 

Irene had met Joy a few times. Her real name was Park Sooyoung and she was from a middle class family, studying mathematics in their university. The girl was definitely taller than her, a charming and lovely aura surrounding her. She liked Yeri’s friends. Joy was fine as well. The only thing being that when Joy and Yeri were together, trouble is caused. Each and every time. And today, Irene was determined to not let this happen. 

 

After completing some work till afternoon, Irene wore casual clothes, jeans and a pair of top. Both branded and expensive of course. Of top quality. 

 

After getting ready, she went downstairs to find her sister standing upright, with a smile plastered on her face. The sight made Irene to gulp and prepare herself for what was about to come. 

 

“Let’s go unnie,” Yeri declared, leading the way outside. 

 

When they sat down in their car, they told their chauffeur about their destination and then relaxed in their mercedes. 

 

“Where are we going?,” Irene asked turning her head to look at her sister who was busy texting. 

 

“Her place? It’s near to our university,” Yeri said. 

 

“Her house? Does she know I’m coming? We should take something along..,” Irene panicked at the sound of the answer. 

 

“Relax unnie. I go there almost every weekend. And I already informed her that you’ll be coming so don’t worry. She’s my best friend,” Yeri chuckled seeing a worried Bae Joohyun. 

 

Irene groaned in annoyance and shut up after hearing that. She was used to having rich friends that’s why hospitality meant so much to her. She never got a chance to live experience normal like Yeri does. 

 

When they reached the 2 storied house which was rented out fully, they stepped outside. 

 

“The landlady lives on the ground floor and they live on the 2nd,” Yeri said, leading the way inside the gate. 

 

Irene who was never the person to judge anyone by their money just nodded and followed her sister. People might get a shock hearing this but in reality, Irene was quite down to earth. She was just used to bring rich. 

 

When they entered the gate of the small villa, Irene saw how Yeri greeted the old landlady before making her way upstairs. Irene respectfully bowed too before hurrying behind her sister. 

 

“Be nice okay? No mean comments,” Yeri warned Irene before ringing the bell to a door on the first floor. 

 

This place looked like it was made to rent out to students. Irene had never seen a rent-out dorm like this and she wished she had one too. 

 

The door swung open within a minute, revealing Joy who was dressed in a tank top and short cotton shorts. 

 

“Hi! Come on in,” Joy said, hugging Yeri for a quick moment before getting aside, gesturing towards her guests to come in. 

 

The duo went in and Irene kindly said “Hello” to Joy before going inside the small condo. 

 

It was a cute dorm. There was a small loving room with one sofa, a TV in front of it and the kitchen was attached beside it as well. Lastly, there was a hall on the right with 2 rooms opposite to each other. It looked perfect for a student’s dorm. 

 

“Sit sit,” Joy said, picking up some bottles of beer and cold drinks, keeping them on the table in front of the sofa. 

 

Yeri casually picked up a bottle of beer, surprising Irene with her gesture. 

 

“Yah!,” Irene scolded, smacking Yeri’s hand and snatching away the beer and keeping it back on the table. 

 

“What? We always have beers,” Yeri said, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. 

 

“No drinking,” Irene said, picking up a coke can and handing it to the whining girl. 

 

“You’re no fun,” Yeri commented, not arguing any further. 

 

Joy who got bowlful of snacks kept them down on the table and eyed the bickering girls. 

 

“No drinks?,” Joy asked, raising an eyebrow. 

 

The sisters shook their heads and Joy could see how annoyed Yeri already was. She grinned and picked up the beer bottles, taking them away. 

 

“Then let’s not drink today,” Joy said, sitting beside Yeri comfortably. 

 

“What do you guys do?,” Irene asked, wondering what will happen next. 

 

“We usually loosen up and watch movies.. or go out to eat noodles or pizza but as there’s a no fun person here—,” Yeri started but got smacked on the arm by her sister once more. 

 

“I am fun. I just don’t want you to drink every weekend,” Irene said. Although she herself drank every weekend, she didn’t want her sister to. Weird? Maybe because Yeri was still young. 

 

“Whatever,” Yeri scoffed, rolling her eyes. 

 

“Let’s watch a movie,” Joy said, opening her netflix on the television and choosing a movie. 

 

Once they all settled on a movie after about an hour of arguing, they exhaled in relief, getting their attention on the television. 

 

“I honestly thought you guys slept with boys or something,” Irene spoke up her mind. 

 

“What?!,” Joy and Yeri looked at the older one with wide eyes. 

 

“You were always so secretive about meeting her.. so I thought,” Irene sheepishly said, scratching her cheek in a grin. 

 

“Well eww. We hate guys just so you know,” Joy cringed at the thought and drank her coke at once. 

 

“We just hang out here and also complete our homework and stuff,” Yeri casually reassured her sister with a pat on the shoulder. 

 

“I’m happy to know this,” Irene chuckled, confident that Joy was not a bad influence on her sister. Plus they were both fun to be with. 

 

After this short talk, they got their attention back on the movie. It was a Rom Com and they all were watching with a lot of attention. 

 

After about 1/2 of the movie finished, the door to the dorm suddenly clicked. Irene who seemed the only one concerned about the intruder turned her head towards the main door. Due to the shelf, she was not able to see who came in but she kept her sight on the footsteps. 

 

But when the person came in sight, her eyes widened. She couldn’t believe that she’s in reality. Wendy was in front of her, walking towards the sofa while humming to a song with her earphones on. 

 

There goes my heart again. 

Irene knitted her eyebrows, worried about her heart’s racing condition when she was around Wendy. 

 

“Oh my!,” Wendy exclaimed, getting startled by a gathering in her living room. 

 

“Oh unnie hi,” Joy said, pausing the movie to see her startled best friend. 

 

Wendy who had her hand on her chest, took a few deep breaths to calm down. She was so busy in her own world that she forgot to pay attention to her surroundings. 

 

Wendy looked up and got her eyes on the two sisters who were looking at her as well. Irene noticed the shorter girl’s cheeks and ears tainting a pretty shade of scarlet after making eye contact with her, and Irene was sure, this was the moment she would like to capture and freeze. 

 

“Hi Wendy unnie! How’re you?,” Yeri greeted the blonde by getting up and hugging her for some seconds. 

 

“Um.. h-hi.. I’m good,” Wendy replied, hugging the younger girl back. 

 

“I hope you don’t mind unnie. We’re just hanging out,” Joy said, looking at the clock which showed 9 pm. 

 

“Um.. no I don’t.. my shift ended early today,” Wendy said, scratching the back of her head awkwardly as she looked at the floor. 

 

Wendy worked in a 7/11 store during afternoon to evening during weekends and 4 hours after her college during weekdays. She had to earn her living herself as she didn’t have a family. 

 

“Do you want to join us? I’m sure they won’t mind,” Joy offered looking at the shy hamster. 

 

“Yes join us,” Irene spoke up, surprising Yeri at her boldness. 

 

“Um.. s-should I?,” Wendy asked in a mumble, confused if it’s a good idea or not. 

 

“Sit here with me!,” Irene said, pushing Yeri to the other side over Joy. 

 

Wendy blushed more, nodding and just walking towards the goddess and sitting beside her after keeping her bag beside. 

 

Honestly, Wendy found Irene impossible to look at. The brunette was so gorgeous, so beautiful, so enchanting that it made Wendy to turn pink from a fast beating heart immediately. Plus, now they’ve met twice in just two days. It was a little too much for Wendy. She was literally sitting beside a person who was soon to be the owner of Korea’s biggest company. 

 

Irene who was deliberately backed up against the sofa couldn’t get her eyes off the fair blonde sitting beside her. She could see that Wendy was nervous being around her which she found absolutely adorable. 

 

Irene being a weird person she is, leaned closer to the girl, inhaling Wendy’s appealing sweet scent which sent her off in dreamland further. 

 

Yesterday, she had concluded something. She knew that whatever she saw in the blonde was just the tip of the iceberg. She didn’t know how, she didn’t know why... but she was certain about one thing. She liked being around Wendy. She needed to be around Wendy. 

 

Again, she didn’t know why. 

 

She just knew she had to. 

 

Wendy who got distracted by someone sniffing her from the side turned to look at the brunette, only to find her staring at her shamelessly. 

 

“What perfume do you use?,” Irene asked, covering up for her erted behaviour. 

 

“Um.. I-I don’t use one,” Wendy replied, looking at her sweaty palms due to nervousness. 

 

“Your real name is Wendy?,” Irene asked further, embarrassed about the earlier question. 

 

“Her real name is Son Se—,” Joy was going to tell from the side but was stopped when she saw Wendy shaking her head in a firm no. 

 

Irene raised an eyebrow at the stiffened girl in front of her and showed a blank face. 

 

“Why not?,” Irene questioned, now more eager to know the blonde’s Korean name. 

 

“She lived in Canada for some time. She doesn’t like her korean name so she changed it there,” Joy replied, knowing how much her best friend hates when people call her by her real name. 

 

“I want to know. Tell me,” Irene pouted, being stubborn as hell. 

 

Wendy who felt like she was being interrogated, looked down at her hands not knowing what to do. 

 

“Yah unnie you’re scaring her,” Yeri said in a whisper after tugging onto her sister’s top from the side. 

 

“I’m just curious,” Irene added in her soft tone. 

 

“My name’s Bae Joohyun. I don’t like when people call me by that too,” Irene said, trying to uplift the atmosphere. 

 

Wendy whose eyes were shining after hearing Irene’s name looked up with a smile on her face. She feld glad to find someone who understood her situation. 

 

“But.. I have like a.. guy’s name,” Wendy admitted in embarrassment. 

 

“Really? What?,” Irene tried her luck further, getting closer to Wendy in anticipation. 

 

“Son Seungwan,” Wendy muttered in a small voice, standing up in embarrassment. 

 

Irene held her wrist, pulling her back on the sofa to make her sit beside her once again. 

 

“I like it,” Irene smiled, their hands suddenly interlocked with each others. 

 

When Irene saw Wendy’s face flushing at her comment, she fanned the latter’s face herself while giggling. 

 

“Can I call you Seungwan?,” Irene asked in a soft hopeful tone. 

 

Wendy who somehow loved the way her Korean name rolled off Irene’s tongue nodded. 

 

“You can call me Joohyun,” Irene said happily, satisfied after what she wanted. 

 

“Okay.. Joohyun,” Wendy said in her honey voice which made Irene’s heart to flutter to no end. 

 

“I’m hungry,” Yeri declared after the movie ended. 

 

Irene then saw both Yeri and Joy suddenly looking at Wendy with stars radiating from their eyes hopefully. 

 

“Um.. what do you guys want to eat?,” Wendy asked, understanding the gesture. She liked cooking and baking. 

 

“Anything,” the duo said excitedly. 

 

Wendy nodded and went to the kitchen, scanning for what could be made. After settling on making some curry and rice, she started her work. Irene who was staring at Wendy working so efficiently and happily in the kitchen just took out her phone. She silently walked towards the kitchen and clicked a few pictures of the blonde. 

 

“What are you making?,” Irene asked, finally approaching the busy girl. 

 

“Chicken curry,” Wendy said, innocently blinking towards their guest. 

 

“Oh..,” Irene said, her face immediately stiffening at the reply. 

 

Wendy knitted her eyebrows, getting the hint that something was wrong. 

 

“You don’t like it?,” Wendy asked worriedly. 

 

“Um.. i-it’s fine. You can make it,” Irene shook her hands, not wanting to bother the girl. 

 

“I’m sorry.. Yeri and Joy.. like it.. I-I thought.. I’m sorry..,” Wendy said nervously, clearly bothered about not asking Irene about her food preference first. 

 

“No no! It’s okay! Don’t apologise.. I-I should have said earlier..,” Irene said, getting closer to Wendy and patting her arm. 

 

“Um.. do you eat.. fish?,” Wendy asked, wondering what all they had. 

 

“Yes I do,” Irene nodded confidently. She just had problem with chicken. 

 

“I’ll make fish for you,” Wendy declared, opening the fridge to take out fresh fish she got in the morning. 

 

“Can I help?,” Irene asked hopefully. She had burdened Wendy a lot already. 

 

Wendy paused for a second, wondering what work she can give to the woman. 

 

“Can you chop?,” Wendy asked. 

 

“Yes,” Irene nodded, picking up the knife and holding it in her hand confidently. 

 

Wendy gave the brunette some vegetables to chop while she stirred the garlic and marinated the fish. 

 

Suddenly, the sound of a loud thud startled Wendy, making her to turn around at once. She saw Irene hissing in pain with a cut on her index finger. 

 

“Oh my gosh,” Wendy said in panic, keeping the spoon down from her hand as she approached her guest. 

 

Not thinking twice, Wendy held Irene’s hand, taking her finger in and on it to stop the bleeding. 

 

Irene who was beet red by this action remained frozen, feeling her insides clenching at this instant. Gosh, someone put some cold water over her head. 

 

Wendy who soon realised what she just did, stopped the action and burst out in a series of apologies. 

 

“It’s okay! Look the bleeding has stopped,” Irene cheered up the blonde, smiling between her blush. 

 

“I’ll get you a bandaid,” Wendy said before rushing to her room. 

 

Irene looked at the woman disappearing and soon appearing from the hall with a first aid kit in her hand. 

 

The blonde sanitised her cut and put a bandaid around it carefully. Irene who was shamelessly staring at the blonde just smiled like a fool. 

 

“Thank you,” Irene said after the first aid was done to a small minor cut on her finger. 

 

“I’m sorry..,” Wendy bowed once again, only to be smacked in the arm this time. 

 

With wide surprised eyes, she looked at Irene who was warmly smiling at her in the front. 

 

“Stop apologising okay?,” Irene said, flaunting her charm as picked up the knife again. 

 

“No! Um.. I-I’ll do that.. y-you can just maybe sit,” Wendy said, grabbing the knife from the brunette’s hand and giving a worried smile. 

 

“Okay then.. I’ll just watch,” Irene made a surrendering gesture with her arms up in the air as she took a step back leaning on the counter. 

 

She watched the blonde who flawlessly cut the veggies and cooked. This was one thing Irene could never do. She can never cook. 

 

“How old are you?,” Irene asked remembering that she was unaware of the blonde’s age. 

 

“23.. you?,” Wendy replied. 

 

“25,” Irene said. 

 

“Oh...,” Wendy said, not expecting that as an answer. 

 

When the older one saw the blonde getting uncomfortable once again, she raised an eyebrow wondering what was wrong. 

 

“What’s wrong?,” Irene asked. 

 

“You’re.. older than me..,” Wendy mumbled while stirring the pan. 

 

“You can call me Joohyun,” Irene said once again, smiling widely. 

 

“Um.. will that be okay?,” Wendy asked again, not wanting to sound disrespectful. 

 

“Of course,” Irene reassured. 

 

After the food was prepared, all of them sat on the dining table which was between the living room and the kitchen. As they were all hungry, they started to dig in at once. 

 

Irene however kept her manners intact unlike her sister who was shamelessly eating at the speed of an animal. 

 

When Irene took the first bite, she internally moaned into the food, surprised at how good it’s cooked. 

 

“Wonderful,” Irene complimented, making Wendy to smile widely. 

 

“Thank you,” Wendy shyly replied, starting to eat her own food. 

 

“Unnie can I take you home? I love your cooking,” Yeri said cheesily, making Wendy to blush from sweetness. 

 

“Yah she’s mine,” Joy teased further angrily. 

 

Everybody then soon burst into a fit of laughter. This felt nice. Having friends felt nice. 

 

Once they were done eating, Joy and Wendy cleaned up after telling Yeri and Irene not to worry about anything. Irene who was still standing by the counter in case her help is needed kept on staring Wendy. Honestly, she couldn’t help it one bit. 

 

“We should go now. It’s late,” Yeri said checking the time. 

 

Irene nodded and gathered her things before walking towards the main door. 

 

“Sorry for troubling you guys,” Irene said kindly, remembering her manners. 

 

“No no.. i-it’s all good,” Wendy shook her hands cutely, giving a nervous smile. 

 

“Where do you work?,” Irene asked curiously, wanting to see more of the blonde. 

 

“Um.. the nearest 7/11 from here,” Wendy replied wondering why she was asked that. 

 

“Okay,” Irene smiled. 

 

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow in the university,” Yeri said waving the duo goodbye. 

 

“Yeah see you,” Joy saluted playfully. 

 

Both Irene and Yeri went downstairs, getting in their car after their chauffeur opened the door for them. 

 

Yeri who was dying to sound out her questions smacked her sister’s arm as soon as the car started. 

 

“What?,” Irene asked, clearly annoyed being hit for absolutely nothing. 

 

“What was that all about?,” Yeri questioned, her eyebrows knitted together. 

 

“What was what about?,” Irene asked in puzzlement. 

 

“Are you in love with Wendy unnie or what?,” Yeri asked in more detail. 

 

“What?! What are you saying?,” Irene cross-questioned. 

 

“Yah don’t you reply in questions. I am the one doing the interrogation here,” Yeri said sighing into her hands. 

 

“Of course I don’t love her,” Irene reassured in a smile. 

 

“Good because you have a fiancée,” Yeri reminded, shoving Irene away from her. 

 

Irene who didn’t have any power left to fight back to her sister accepted her fate of being the punch bunny and got her gaze outside the window. 

 

That food was so good... 

She thought, smiling like a fool. 

 

Suddenly her sight went to a familiar shop. The nearest 7/11 where Wendy works. She immediately took a note of this shop.

 

We can be friends right? 

Irene wondered. 

 

The whole way to her home, Irene kept thinking this. She was clearly affected by the appearance of Wendy in her life suddenly. What was funny that the blonde was not even bothering her one bit. It was all Irene alone and her weird heart. 

 

Shoving her thoughts away, Irene lied down on the bed after taking a quick shower. She got inside the velvet covers, closing her eyes. 

 

Just as she was about to sleep, her phone beeped. She picked it up from the side table to see that she got a message from Seulgi. 

 

From: Seulbear

 

‘Can I come over tomorrow night?’ 

 

Irene thought for a moment before typing her answer. 

 

To: Seulbear 

 

‘Sure’ 

 

After she got a thumbs up as a reply, she kept her phone down and closed her eyes once more. 

 

“Why doesn’t my heart beat like that around Seulgi?,” Irene talked to herself. 

 

Once again, she found herself smiling like a fool, making her cheeks to hurt. She can’t take out that image of Wendy blushing, running away from her, making shy eye contacts, her finger. 

 

She bought her finger to her chest, grinning and blushing while thinking of the incident earlier. 

 

Suddenly, it all hit her like a bowling ball. She sat up straight with a jerk, her eyes ready to come out of their sockets. 

 

“No way..,” Irene said in disbelief. 

 

This can’t be love right? 

Irene asked herself, furrowing her eyebrows. 

 

“But I met her just yesterday,” Irene whined. 

 

Feeling too impatient and frustrated, Irene grabbed her phone and typed ‘Love at First Sight’ on google. 

 

As soon as the sites came, she clicked on the first link, making a perfect cream coloured page with a cool font to appear. Without wasting any time, she read through the article. 

 

“Romeo Juliet? But not everybody can get love at first sight like them... and plus.. isn’t that a story?,” Irene talked to herself, reading the full article. 

 

After reading through the article, she kept her phone down, going deep into her thoughts. 

 

“I have all the symptoms of getting love at first sight...,” Irene whimpered, whining into her hand like this was a disease. 

 

“What should I do now?!,” Irene asked herself in frustration, standing up and marching to her sister’s room which was on the other end of the hall. 

 

Without knocking she went in and saw Yeri playing a game. She climbed up on the bed, taking away her sister’s Macbook. 

 

“Yah what?,” Yeri asked in an annoyed tone but soon calmed down after seeing her sister on the verge of crying. 

 

Irene who was biting her thumb sighed. She fidgeted on the bed before taking a deep breath. 

 

“Of course.. I love her,” Irene said, remembering how Yeri had asked her in the car if she was in love with Wendy. 

 

“AHA! I knew it!!,” Yeri said, bursting into a small dance on the bed itself as she pointed at her sister accusingly. 

 

“What should I do Yerim-ah.. I’ve fallen for her.. in just one freaking day,” Irene anxiously said, impatient and frustrated. 

 

Yeri who was serious now seeing her panicky sister just smiled and lied down. If someone is happy about this situation, it is her. Yeri could always see how love-less Irene and Seulgi’s relationship is. They liked each other yes. But not love. And she wanted her sister to experience for once in her life. Her stone cold sister. 

 

“Yah Yerim-ah! I keep thinking of her... make it stop!,” Irene complained, smacking her sister’s forearm. 

 

“Lie down unnie,” Yeri demanded, pulling Irene down to make her lie beside her. 

 

“Let’s talk in a minute,” Yeri declared. 

 

Irene pretended to fake cry due to her misery but soon calmed down. She looked up at Yeri’s ceiling which had glowing silver stars. 

 

“Wendy unnie is really nice,” Yeri said after a few minutes of silence. 

 

Irene turned her head sideways to look at her sister who was looking up at the glowing stars. 

 

“She’s one of the brightest students in the university. The best as you already know,” the younger one continued. 

 

“Her and Joy have been friends since many years now. I’ve heard nothing but good things about her,” Yeri said. 

 

Irene smiled like a fool again, thinking about how nervous Wendy was when she presented her the academic achievement certificate. 

 

“Why do you think you love her?,” Yeri finally asked after a few more minutes. 

 

Irene took a minute to frame her answer. Why did she love Wendy? She didn’t know. 

 

“Because.. when I look at her everything else stops. I’ve met her thrice till now and... just her presence doesn’t fail to make my heart to beat faster,” Irene said, not believing herself and her mind to behave this way around a certain someone. 

 

“Her voice... her eyes... her scent.. it’s all so.. magical. And most of all.... I’ve never felt this way before. I don’t feel this with Seulgi. My heart doesn’t flutter around Seulgi. My stomach doesn’t do backflips around Seulgi..,” Irene said, feeling bad for saying such things about her fiancée. 

 

Yeri whose lips curled up listening to her sister turned sideways to look at the older woman. 

 

“Go and get her then Romeo,” Yeri teasingly said. 

 

“But Seulgi...,” Irene mumbled, wondering about her soon to be wife. 

 

“Why don’t you do one thing? Get to know Wendy first. Spend some time with her to make sure of your feelings,” Yeri suggested. 

 

But I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life before... 

Irene said to herself. 

 

“Okay,” Irene nodded. 

 

“Go sleep now,” Yeri said, taking her laptop from her sister’s lap. 

 

Irene stood up, strolling back to her room slowly. Once she reached her bed, she got comfortable once again and opened her phone. 

 

After opening her gallery, she tapped at the latest picture she clicked. Of Wendy cooking. 

 

“What have you done to me?,” Irene asked in an exhale. 

 

 

When the next day arrived, Irene completed her schedules in the morning. She went to an inauguration after lunch, wearing her pink formal suit. She had a white shirt on with pink blazer and pink pants. 

 

After the inauguration was over, she took out her phone, texting her sister. 

 

To: Yeri 😈

 

‘Are you back home?’ 

 

As the younger sibling had her phone in her hands twenty four seven, she got a reply instantly. 

 

From: Yeri 😈 

 

‘Yes’ 

 

Irene smiled widely and squealed in excitement on hearing that the university classes were over. 

 

She had asked Yeri about Wendy’s schedules on weekdays and according to the latter, the blonde worked till 8 pm. 

 

As it was already evening, Irene sat down in her car, telling the driver her destination. 

 

Suddenly, Irene felt her heart beating faster thinking of meeting Wendy again. She cleared and touched her makeup on the way, wanting to look more gorgeous than she already was. 

 

When they reached the 7/11 within half an hour, she made her way out, going inside the almost empty store. 

 

When she went in, she saw Wendy busy reading a book at the counter so she didn’t disturb her. 

 

Irene casually picked up some chocolates and candies, taking her time in selecting nothing but the best. After a few minutes, she walked to the counter and placed the items on the edge. Much to her surprise, Wendy was so immersed while studying that she had not noticed her till now. 

 

Feeling mischievous, Irene walked behind the counter from the right entry and bent down so that she is able to read the book from Wendy’s level as well. Her face was just beside the blonde’s. 

 

“Mathematics theories?,” Irene asked. 

 

“AH!,” Wendy screamed in surprise and fear, her book flying in the air and dropping on the ground due to the reaction. 

 

“Hey,” Irene cheekily said, picking up the book from the floor and neatly keeping it on the counter. 

 

“W-What are you doing here,” Wendy asked, flustered at the incident. 

 

“I came to see you,” Irene straightforwardly confessed. 

 

“M-Me?,” Wendy pointed at herself in disbelief. 

 

“Yes you silly,” Irene flicked the blonde’s forehead lightly before walking outside the counter. 

 

“B-But why?,” Wendy asked, cutely knitting her eyebrows together. 

 

“Because.. I was thinking about you yesterday,” Irene replied, choosing her words carefully. 

 

The older woman confidently looked at the shorter girl who was clearly in surprise and puzzlement. 

 

“Can I get these?,” Irene asked, pointing to the chocolates. 

 

Wendy who came out of her daydreaming nodded, scanning the items and making the bill. After she was done billing and putting the products in a bag, she handed them over to the brunette. 

 

“Which one do you like?,” Irene asked curiously, keeping the chocolates in display after taking them out of the bag. 

 

Wendy furrowed her eyebrows at the question. She really liked chocolates though. 

 

“Um..,” Wendy looked at the various options and shook her head.

 

“None of these?,” Irene asked in disappointment. 

 

“I can’t choose. Why?,” Wendy answered. 

 

Irene who was pleased by the answer pointed at the clock. The blonde looked over and realised that her shift was almost over. 

 

“Have them with me,” Irene said. 

 

“Huh?,” Wendy couldn’t help but look astounded. 

 

“Look the next person is already here. Let’s go,” Irene pointed at the woman who was coming out of the changing room on the other side. 

 

Wendy who knew that the older woman was correct, gathered her things and bowed to the next woman taking over before following Irene outside. 

 

“Let’s sit,” Irene said, pulling out a chair for the blonde. 

 

“Yah why such a funny expression?,” Irene pulled Wendy’s fluffy cheeks, making the latter to turn as red as a tomato. 

 

Wendy whose heart was skipping beats didn’t rebel and sat down like an obedient child. She looked over at the older woman who was sitting awfully close to her, their sides touching. 

 

Irene who was loving making the blonde flustered started opening the chocolates one by one and kept them all on display on table in the front. 

 

“Let’s have them,” Irene said, picking one of the chocolate bars and breaking them into two pieces, handing one to the blonde. 

 

Wendy who couldn’t recognise the chocolates now accepted it and took a small bite, loving the taste. 

 

“How is it?,” Irene asked, her gaze fixated at the younger girl’s face. 

 

“Grud,” Wendy said with her mouthful. 

 

Irene chuckled at the reaction and got her hand to Wendy’s shoulder length blonde hair, gently pushing them backwards with soft touches. 

 

This action made Wendy’s cheeks and ears to turn deep red and she looked away from Irene’s eyes. 

 

“Are you scared of me?,” Irene asked, trying to read the shorter girl’s actions. 

 

Wendy shook her head left and right cutely before looking back up at the brunette. 

 

“Then?,” Irene questioned. 

 

“Just um.. nervous.. I-I stutter when I’m well.. um.. nervous,” Wendy replied, going into a state of embarrassment straight away. 

 

“Do I make you nervous?,” Irene asked, slowly getting closer to the blonde. 

 

Wendy who was totally flustered to no ends, tried to back away but was stopped by a wall pressing against her side. She had nowhere to run to. Wendy saw Irene’s face just inches away from her and she gulped. 

 

“Um.. c-can you p-please.. move away?,” Wendy requested, getting flushed due to the closeness. 

 

Irene just smiled and pulled away, now breaking the next chocolate into two pieces and offering it to the younger girl. 

 

Wendy didn’t say no and ate that too. She didn’t know why Irene was here, talking to her and feeding her chocolates but she did know that it was making her warm. It was making her heart race. 

 

“So.. which one did you like?,” Irene asked after they had finished the 5 chocolate bars. 

 

“Um.. 1st one,” Wendy replied thinking hard about the tastes. 

 

“Me too,” Irene said in a charming smile. 

 

“Um..,” Wendy started after a minute of silence. 

 

“D-Don’t get me wrong but.. why’re you here?,” Wendy asked again, fidgeting with her hands while waiting for a reply. 

 

“Because I wanted to see you. I don’t know why but I just did,” Irene said. 

 

Wendy lifted her head up to make eye contact with the older woman and smiled. Irene could see the pureness, the honesty, the innocence in Wendy’s fluttering eyes. 

 

Did my heart love till now? I’ve never seen true beauty till this night.

Irene thought. 

 

And curse her all you want but.. she has never been so sure of anything in her life before.