Who is she?

Hopelessly In Love With You

 

“What did daddy say again? Why do I have to go to your college Yerim-ah?,” Irene asked as she sighed into her hand and fell silent, leaning back on the chair. 

 

“He said he’ll meet you there. You guys will be chief guests in our annual day and give out awards,” Yeri said while applying red nail polish very carefully. 

 

“Ugh why do I have to go?,” Irene whined, clearly annoyed as she stood up, opening her enormous wardrobe. 

 

“Because it’s our university unnie,” Yeri simpered, clearly pleased seeing her worked up sister. 

 

“I guess we have more important stuff to do than just to chief guest in an annoying annual day,” Irene scoffed, pulling out her black Chanel knee length dress from the hanger. 

 

“Like eating your fiancée’s face?,” Yeri questioned with no hesitation on her face. 

 

Irene rolled her eyes, walking to her dearest younger sister and flicked her on the forehead, earning a loud ‘OW’. 

 

“That’s what you get,” Irene smiled at her frowning sister who made no attempt to fight back. 

 

“You’re lucky you’re 5 years older than me. Otherwise I would have...,” Yeri pouted, thinking what could she have done but was distracted when her phone beeped. 

 

Irene who knew that she was late hurried towards her dressing room and changed into her black dress. After dressing up, she sat down in front of her mirror, applying light makeup. She looked at herself and grinned in self-confidence. Her face was considered one of the most precious and beautiful in Korea. Her insurance can buy 1/4th of Korea. 

 

Irene was almost done when her phone rang. She finished brushing her hair and held up her phone, accepting the call at one. 

 

“Hey babe,” Irene said, getting up to her feet and walking out of the huge baby pink dressing room. 

 

“Hey. What are you upto?,” Seulgi asked, clearly busy doing something considering the tone of her voice. 

 

“Going to Yeri’s university. Have to Chief guest there. Why?,” Irene questioned back, now swaying in front of her sister who was not one bit bothered to comment. 

 

“Thought we could hang out. Mom’s telling me to invite you over as it’s been a while,” Seulgi said and invited. 

 

“What about dinner?,” Irene asked, picking up her Gucci purse from the bed. 

 

“Cool I’ll let her know,” Seulgi replied. 

 

“See you later okay? I gotta go,” Irene said, her eyes wide looking at her diamond watch. 

 

“Bye bae,” Seulgi teased. 

 

“Bye Kang,” Irene exhaled and cut the call, stashing her iPhone in her purse. 

 

“Yerim-ah let’s go,” Irene snapped her fingers in front of her sister, finally holding her arm and dragging her out of the huge mansion. 

 

Their mansion was one of the most expensive and huge properties in Korea. Their family Conglomerate was one of the most influential and biggest in Korea. Her father had started SM Multi-National Company during his teenage years, now Korea’s one of the three biggest source of revenue and company. 

 

“Are you going like this?,” Irene eyed her sister who was in ripped jeans and a loose purple top. 

 

“What’s wrong with it?,” Yeri raised an eyebrow, clearly offended by the question. 

 

“You know mom dad don’t like when you wear such clothes on important occasions,” Irene scowled. 

 

“Relax unnie. Why’re you so worked up all the time? I’m starring in a play today that’s why I’m wearing this,” Yeri giggled, gently shoving her sister in a playful way. 

 

Irene hummed in acceptance and took out her phone to look at her schedules. Her parents had decided to lessen her work as she’ll be taking over SM in the next 5 years. They wanted their daughter to learn everything in a calm and non-stressful way. Plus, she was getting married in 4 months. With Kang Seulgi. The soon to be owner of KC Multi-national company. Her father and Seulgi’s father are 2 of the 8 most influential men in Korea. That’s why the arrange marriage. 

 

Irene and Seulgi were introduced to each other when they were 20 at a formal party. They were told instantly to get along as they’ll be marrying when Seulgi turns 25 in February. As Irene is 6 months older than the other girl, she was already 25 at the moment. 

 

Slowly, taking their time, both Seulgi and Irene got close to each other, getting along quite well. They are said to be dating now since 2 years and everybody is quite content with this relationship. Irene’s parents already treat Seulgi like their daughter in law and Seulgi’s parents think the same about Irene. 

 

“Unnie we’re here,” Yeri lightly shook Irene who was busy reading on her phone. 

 

The older one nodded and checked her appearance once before tapping on the door from inside. Their driver opened the door at the command and an instant gorgeous smile took over the soon to be CEO’s face as she stepped out of the car in her 3 inch black heels. 

 

She could already see some reporters taking her photographs and throwing a bunch of questions her way. Apart from that, there were many students of the university present around who were already ready to fall to their knees seeing her beauty. 

 

As this was a university visit, Irene casually walked with Yeri by her side towards the gate, answering a few questions of the reporters who were too excited to record her. And Irene didn’t mind one bit being photographed or video taped. She knew she was an eye candy to every person. And she loved it. 

 

“It’s crowded today,” Yeri mentioned, leading the way to the auditorium. 

 

“It was when I was studying too,” Irene casually said, remembering the time when she was studying in her own university. She had graduated 3 years back as she had started late. 

 

As they both were walking upstairs, everybody’s attention was on them. They were the most beautiful pair of sisters anybody had ever seen. 

 

“How long is it going to be?,” Irene asked, remembering that she has to go to Seulgi’s house for dinner as well. 

 

“3 hours,” Yeri said, opening the door to the auditorium. 

 

When they went in, Irene could already see the whole room crowded with people. She made her way to the front row where her dad was already seated. 

“I’m gonna go now. My work here is done,” Yeri whispered before smiling to their Director and walking to the backstage. 

 

“Ms. Bae.. welcome. It’s a pleasure to have you here,” their Director stood up, offering a bouquet of flowers to their alumni. 

 

“Thank you Mr. Kim... and the pleasure’s all mine,” Irene smiled charmingly, accepting the bouquet and taking a seat beside Donghae, her father. 

 

“Dad,” Irene greeted, rocking back to the seat to get comfortable. 

 

“You’re late,” Donghae said, looking at his watch. 

 

“You can blame the traffic for that,” Irene lied as she exhaled, taking a breath to calm down. 

 

Donghae sighed, knowing very well that it was a lie. Still, he could never get mad at his perfect daughter, his heir. 

 

The show soon started and they both got their attention to the annual day. They knew that SM University is one of Korea’s top educational institution and that it was highly competitive. That’s why the performances were totally exemplary. 

 

After the theatre performance was over in which Yeri was starring in, Irene clapped proudly at her younger sister, clearly pleased with the play. 

 

“I’m going to use the washroom,” Irene said when another play started. She had seen this theatre play plenty of times and she had no wish to see it again. 

 

“Okay. Do you need a guard?,” Donghae asked, his eyes fixated at the stage. 

 

“I’ll be fine,” Irene politely refused and stood up from her seat, quickly walking outside. 

 

As she was familiar with the university, she found the nearest washroom and freshened up. She touched her light makeup and took a breather, enjoying being alone for a few minutes. 

 

When she was done looking at her chats and fooling around, she walked out of the washroom, walking in the corridor. 

 

As she was on the floor above that of the auditorium’s, it was totally empty. Until she heard some music. 

 

Curious as to where this voice was coming from, she strolled closer to the source of the music, reaching a slightly open room at the end of the hall. 

 

She peeked inside, revealing the side profile of a blonde girl who was deeply immersed in singing. The strange blonde was wearing a blue t-shirt with a pair of black jeans and sneakers.

 

“Wow,” Irene mumbled to herself, her heart racing faster after hearing and seeing the girl she didn’t recognise. 

 

The music, the voice, the emotions portrayed in the song she was listening somehow froze her world. 

 

The sharp face features, plump lips and closed eyes, the guitar in the girl’s hand made Irene to feel like she was in a movie. It was a beyond magical moment for her. 

 

Anxious to know who this girl is, Irene slowly came out of the trance, walking inside the door. 

 

Then the one thing happened when she didn’t want to at all costs. The blonde stopped singing, getting startled by the appearance of the strange woman entering the room. 

 

“Don’t stop.. I was just.. listening,” Irene mentioned, realising how absurd her words sound. 

 

The strange girl stood up, keeping her guitar down with a faint blush on her cheeks. Irene could figure out that the girl was embarrassed at the incident and couldn’t help but coo at the cute sight internally. 

 

“What’s your name?,” Irene asked, walking closer to the blonde. 

 

Much to her misfortune, her phone rang up. Irene looked at the screen, picking up the phone at once. 

 

“Yeah I’m coming.. just a minute,” Irene said after hearing her father telling her to hurry. 

 

But throughout this conversation, Irene’s eyes were keeping in sight the blonde who was fidgeting on her place uncomfortably.

 

Before she knew it, the stranger who enticed her to no levels, rushed out of the room with her guitar. 

 

“Wait!,” Irene called out behind the girl who was so fast to run out of the room. 

 

Disappointed to not being able to know the magnetic girl’s name, Irene went back to the auditorium with a heavy heart and feet, sitting on her seat with an audible sigh. 

 

“What took so long?,” Donghae asked, curious to where his daughter was. 

 

“Got a call,” Irene shrugged her shoulders, sadness evident on her face. 

 

“Now I would like to call Mr. Bae and Ms. bae to give out awards to the two brightest students of our University who have scored exceptional this year,” The anchor said, the crowd soon erupting into a pool of claps. 

 

Both Donghae and Irene stood up, walking up the stage slowly and ultimately standing next to the Director. 

 

“First we would like to award Sejeong who has scored 99.7% this year, breaking records and being the third to top in whole of Korea,” the anchor stated. 

 

Sejeong, also known as the charmer of the university came out in sight and walked towards them, accepting the award from Mr. Bae. Irene could see the confidence from the girl who was grinning widely and it made her wonder if she was not anxious or nervous at all. 

 

“Next we have Son Wendy... who have broken all records this year with 100% marks. She has come first in whole of Korea in the competition examinations, making our college to stand up tall, making us 1st from 2nd this year. Please give her a round of applause!,” the anchor continued. 

 

Irene heard the crowd bursting into a fit of whistles and claps at the name and wondered who this girl was. She got her sight to the entrance, waiting for the girl to come out. 

 

If Irene could freeze a moment, this would definitely be it. Her face became flushed seeing the girl she had interrupted before. The girl she was dying to talk to and know the name of. 

 

“Let me give it,” Irene said, snatching the certificate out of her dad’s hand. 

 

Donghae who was surprised by this sudden action, slipped to the side, letting his daughter to go in the front. 

 

Irene whose heart was exploding each second stared at the girl who was shorter than her by 3-4 inches. Unlike Sejeong, Wendy was clearly nervous, her palms sweating and her gaze anxiously roaming around. 

 

“Congratulations.. Ms. Wendy,” Irene said, her emphasis more on the singer’s name. 

 

Irene smiled when Wendy muttered a shy ‘thank you’ and took the certificate from her, with red cheeks and ears. 

 

“Please stand together for a picture,” the photographer said from the front. 

 

Taking the chance, Irene slipped closer to Wendy, their arms touching together. With a very heavy heart, Irene turned her eyes away from Wendy, looking at the camera in the front for a picture. 

 

“Done!,” the cameraman said. 

 

“You guys may leave,” the Director said politely to the two over-achievers of the university. 

 

Wendy bowed in respect and Sejeong just nodded, disappearing into the exit. Irene, who was still staring at the blank space where Wendy had exited through sighed in utmost disappointment. 

 

As this was the end of the Annual Day, both Irene and Donghae made their way to the car, seeing Yeri already seated inside. 

 

“I liked your play Yeri-ah,” Donghae said, ruffling her youngest daughter’s hair playfully. 

 

“Thanks dad,” Yeri winked and clicked her tongue cooly. 

 

Irene who was still thinking about Wendy, looked out the window with a blank face. She didn’t know why but she had never felt this way before. Never felt this kind of warmness and tingle in her body, specially heart when she has seen someone. 

 

“Why so gloomy unnie?,” Yeri asked, staring at her sister who looked like her puppy got taken away. 

 

Irene who couldn’t hear anything beside the voice of the blonde in her head smiled unknowingly. 

 

Yeri cringed at the cheesy smile and decided it’s best to leave her sister alone like this. 

 

“What are you two upto today?,” Donghae asked after a few minutes, looking at his schedule. 

 

“Dinner with Seulgi’s family,” Irene stated. 

 

“Dinner with Joy,” Yeri mentioned. 

 

“You hang out a lot with Seulgi.. and you hang out a lot with Joy,” Donghae laughed, amused at the situation. 

 

“Joy is fun. You guys know her since some months now,” Yeri defended her friend. 

 

“And Seulgi’s my fiancée. Of course I spend time with her,” Irene rolled her eyes at her father. 

 

“Have fun. Tell your mother that I’ll take her out for dinner tonight,” Donghae said, scratching a meeting from his schedule. 

 

“Okay,” Yeri noted and texted BoA, her mother immediately. 

 

“Leave me first,” Irene said, looking at the time. It was already 6 pm. 

 

Donghae informed the driver about this and the route was soon changed. The drive was quiet with all three of them busy on their phones. 

 

When they reached The Kang’s mansion, Irene got out of the car at the entrance itself. 

 

“Don’t wait up for me,” Irene said to Yeri before waving goodbye to them. 

 

She was soon escorted inside the premises, respectfully taken inside the mansion as well. 

 

As soon as she went in, she was engulfed in a hug by Krystal, Seulgi’s mother. 

 

“Joohyun! How are you?,” Krystal asked, letting go of the poor bunny. 

 

“Fine Aunty. How are you?,” Irene bowed respectfully, with a cheeky smile. 

 

“I told you to call me mom. And I’m good,” Krystal patted Irene’s cheek, leading the way to their huge living room. 

 

The Kang’s place was huge too. Almost equal to The Bae’s. They were both filthy rich after all. 

 

“Why don’t you go up to Seulgi’s room? Dinner will be served in a few minutes,” Krystal said. 

 

Irene thanked Krystal and showed herself the way as she was familiar with it. She went to the first floor, taking her time appreciating the expensive wallpapers. When she reached her destination, she knocked on it once before going in. 

 

“Hi,” Irene greeted, casually walking towards her fiancée who was lazily lying on the bed while reading a novel. 

 

“Hey,” Seulgi sat up straight, keeping the book aside on her side table. 

 

Irene sank down on the place beside Seulgi, giving out a tired sigh. The taller woman leaned in, pecking her girlfriend’s lips for a quick seconds before relaxing back on the bed-back over the pillows. 

 

“Tired?,” Seulgi asked, examining her the older woman’s state. 

 

“Hmm,” Irene replied, removing her heels. 

 

“Can you give me some comfortable clothes?,” Irene asked, massaging her own temples with her eyes closed. 

 

Seulgi nodded and stood up, going to her wardrobe and taking out a pair of pink pajamas. As hers and Irene’s size was same, they often shared clothes. 

 

Irene stood up, walking to the washroom to change into soft comfortable clothes before coming out and lying down beside her girlfriend. 

 

They were quite open with each other. Sharing thoughts, sharing beds, sharing secrets. They had done everything. 

 

“How was your day?,” Seulgi asked, holding up her book once again. 

 

Irene’s cheeks suddenly flushed a bit, immediately remembering Wendy. The girl who made her world to stop. But she couldn’t tell this to Seulgi? Can she? 

 

“Good. What about you?,” Irene replied, getting comfortable on the bed. 

 

“Fine? I painted a bit,” Seulgi said. 

 

“I like your paintings,” Irene said. Seulgi was an amazing artist. Her one painting can worth 100s of dollars easily. 

 

“Thanks,” Seulgi smiled slightly. 

 

While they were making small talks and resting, Krystal soon called them downstairs for dinner. As Seulgi’s dad was out for some work, it was just the three of them for dinner. 

 

Irene and Seulgi sat together and Krystal sat in front of them on the huge dining table which seemed never-ending. 

 

When they were being served dinner, they talked a bit, talking about their days and schedules. 

 

It was always work related. When they talked during dinner. It was never ‘How are you doing?’ ‘Did you do something fun?’ ‘What do you want to do after you get married?’ 

 

This is what you get for belonging to the highest class. Always work. Always business. Not that it bothered any of them. 

 

After having dinner, Irene and Seulgi went back to the bedroom, getting up on the bed. 

 

“You’ll be staying over?,” Seulgi asked casually. They often did this. Plus, it has been a while for both of them. Blame them for having needs? 

 

Irene hummed in response. Seulgi understood the gesture and locked her door before climbing up on the bed. Today, it was Seulgi who initiated ual . It was mostly Irene before but today, it was the younger girl. 

 

Irene went along with it, kissing her girlfriend back sensually. They were both feeling hot and heavy already, dipped with pleasure as they got lost in the night like they always did. 

 

But today, something was different. 

 

Today, according to Irene, something was off. 

 

 

 

 

The next morning, Irene woke up due to the wound of her phone. She rubbed her eyes, her hand reaching out to the side table to pick up the call. 

 

“Hello?,” she called out sleepily. 

 

“Unnie when will you be back?,” Yeri asked. 

 

“Um.. why?,” Irene yawned, sitting up on the bed. 

 

“Mom and dad are going to The States for a week. They wanted to meet you before going,” Yeri said. 

 

“Um.. I’ll be there in an hour,” Irene said, fully awake now. 

 

She cut the call and looked at her state. She was in bed with Kang Seulgi sleeping on the other side of the bed, equally as well. 

 

“Seulgi..,” Irene said, shaking her sleeping girlfriend a little bit. 

 

“Hmm,” Seulgi mumbled in sleep. 

 

Irene sighed at her bear girlfriend and went to the latter’s wardrobe, taking out a casual pair of jeans and a t-shirt for herself. She changed into them at that instant and got ready after brushing her teeth and washing her face. 

 

“Seulgi I have to go. I’ll see you soon okay?,” Irene said, gathering her clothes and other stuff from room. 

 

“Okay.. bye babe,” Seulgi said, still in sleep. 

 

Irene, satisfied after informing about her departure left the room. As she didn’t have a driver here, Krystal told one of theirs to drop Irene off safely. 

 

After thanking Krystal for the hospitality and troubles, Irene quickly made her way to the car out in the front, sinking down on the backseat with a tired sigh. Last night was tiring to her. 

 

“Why did it feel different?,” Irene questioned herself, confused as to why she was feeling this way. 

 

She shrugged off the feeling, excited as to what she should do when her parents go out for a week. Yeri always got wild and well Irene... she always spent her time controlling her sister. 

 

When she reached her mansion, she thanked the Kang’s driver before making her way inside. She could see her parents already standing in the living room, all in formal clothes. Her dad wearing a smart black shirt and her mother wearing a floral dress. 

 

“Hey how was your night?,” Boa asked, pecking Irene’s cheek for a greeting. 

 

“Fine mom. Where are you two off to?,” Irene asked curiously, leaning back on the sofa. 

 

“Some urgent work came up. We’ll be back in a week or two,” Donghae stated. 

 

“Behave while we’re gone okay?,” Boa warned, directly looking at her youngest daughter. 

 

“What are you saying? I am always good,” Yeri said, a slight smirk on her face. 

 

“I expect you to keep her in check,” Boa added, looking at the responsible sibling. 

 

Irene just smiled and nodded. They were used to their parents going out of country at least once a month. It was no big deal. 

 

“And Joohyun I have added some things in your schedule. Ask me if there’s some problem,” Donghae said. 

 

Irene nodded and said that it was no big deal and she shall do all of them. She was well prepared to be the next heir and quite smart as well. She liked working. 

 

“We should get going now,” Donghae said while looking at his watch. 

 

The younger ones hugged their parents a quick goodbye before sitting down on the sofas once again. 

 

Once Donghae and Boa were gone and a few minutes had passed, Irene saw Yeri’s lips curling up in an evil smile. 

 

“Whatever you’re thinking. No,” Irene gave her sister a cold stare, denying the idea even before hearing it. 

 

“What? I just want to go and hang out with Joy,” Yeri said, shrugging her shoulders innocently. 

 

“I’m going with you because I don’t trust you one bit,” Irene squinted her eyes at the younger girl, her warning evident in her tone. 

 

“We’ll leave after lunch,” Yeri declared, getting up from the sofa and strolling back to her room playfully. 

 

Irene just sighed from disbelief about babysitting her 20 year old sister. This week was going to be tiring.