This feels right

Hopelessly In Love With You

 

2 days have passed and Irene had been going to meet Wendy in the 7/11 every day since Monday. She was so lost in her own small world that she had even forgotten to meet Seulgi. 

 

And Irene? She was doing everything possible to avoid her fiancée. She was replying less, cancelling meeting her, not picking her calls. 

 

Why?

 

Because she doesn’t love her fiancée. She loves Seungwan. Wendy. Funny isn’t it? How she knows Seulgi since some years now yet they had no love. There was lust and work in their relationship. And now when Irene thinks about it, they’re better as friends and not lovers. 

 

Because Irene just has one lover. Or maybe, she is the lover. 

 

After finishing her work before night today, Irene followed the same routine she had been since the last two days. She got in her car and told the driver her destination. 

 

On the way, Irene made a small stop and bought a single rose for the woman she wants to woo. Smelling the rose for herself, holding it between her palms, she smiled thinking if the blonde would like it.

 

When they reached the stop, Irene peeked inside from the door and to her mischance, Wendy’s shift was already over. 

 

“It’s still 8:15,” Irene told herself as she looked around the shop. 

 

When she spotted a familiar back view at the end of the street, she sprinted towards the girl in order to stop her before she lost the view. 

 

Wendy who was stopped by the sound of loudened footsteps behind her, turned around and saw someone in a hoodie running after her. Feeling terrified and stalked, she shrieked and started to run towards her house after leaving her bag on the street. 

 

“Yah stop!,” Irene screamed from behind but she was too late as Wendy had already left. 

 

Why’d she run? 

Irene asked herself in confusion. 

 

She picked up the fallen bag from the ground and dusted it neatly before walking towards the blonde’s house. As it wasn’t too far off, she reached there within a few minutes. 

 

As she knew the way well, she showed herself up on the first floor, ringing the bell to the house. 

 

When the door opened, it revealed Joy boldly standing on the front and a very worried Wendy clutching on Joy’s back. 

 

“Irene?,” Joy called out in a sigh as she opened the door, letting the girl in. 

 

“Why’d you run away?,” Irene asked, handing the bag to the blonde who looked surprised as well. 

 

“You were the one chasing her? She thought it was some psycho stalker,” Joy said in a laugh as she led the way to their living room. 

 

Irene’s mouth turned into an ‘O’ when the realisation hit her and she just smiled. It would have been hurtful if Wendy ran away from her knowing who she was. 

 

“I’m sorry..,” Wendy said in guilt as she went in the kitchen and got herself and Irene a glass of water. 

 

“It’s alright. Can we talk somewhere more private?,” Irene asked curiously when she was in the kitchen. 

 

Wendy blinked her eyes trying to register what that meant and nodded, leading the way to her bedroom. When she went in, she let Irene close the door behind herself. 

 

The older woman looked at the small cosy room which was pastel blue and white in colour, very homey. The bed seemed fluffy and there was a lot of books. 

 

“Cute,” Irene muttered as she sat down on the bed. 

 

Wendy sat down beside her guest too, taking small glances at Irene’s face. She was too shy around the latter for a reason she didn’t want to sound out. 

 

“This is for you,” Irene said as she finally presented the rose which was a little worn out now. 

 

“Huh?,” Wendy said in disbelief. 

 

“You say huh a lot huh?,” Irene teased in a chuckle. 

 

Wendy blushed at this comment and took the rose, smelling it’s sweet scent with her cheeks painted red. 

 

“I like roses,” Wendy smiled. 

 

“Can we take a walk outside?,” Irene asked hopefully. 

 

Wendy who had nothing to do except studying for the night nodded immediately and stood up. She kept the rose carefully in a glass full of water and followed the older woman outside. 

 

“Um.. I’ll be back in a bit,” Wendy informed Joy who was busy watching a movie. 

 

After leaving the house, they both slowly starting walking on the left side of the small street. 

 

Irene not being able to control herself slid her hand in Wendy’s, feeling mellow and fluttery at how well their hands fit perfectly. 

 

“How was your day?,” Irene asked. 

 

“It was fine. How was yours?,” Wendy asked, turning to look at the taller girl. 

 

“Good as well. I was thinking of you,” Irene stated. 

 

“You say that every time,” Wendy said, feeling hot at the comment. 

 

“Because it’s true,” Irene added seriously. 

 

After walking for a bit more in comfortable silence, Wendy suddenly jumped a bit before almost dragging Irene to the park on the other side of the street. 

 

“Where are we going?,” Irene questioned in confusion, willingly letting herself get dragged. 

 

“Come on!,” Wendy said excitedly as she went to a swing, sitting down on it. 

 

“Sit down,” Wendy gestured to the empty swing next to her. 

 

Irene who was simply surprised sat down as she was told to and turned her head sideways to look at the blonde lightly swinging on the suspended ride. She smiled thinking how good this feels. 

 

Although Wendy was enjoying in the cool night breeze, she stopped when she saw the older woman just sitting idle on the swing. Not liking this at all, Wendy got off hers and went behind Irene, gently pushing her forward for a few swings. 

 

“Have you not done this before?,” Wendy asked, sitting back on hers. 

 

Irene shook her head, now lightly moving her legs to make the ride to swing forward slightly. 

 

“Really?,” Wendy’s eyes widened at the absurd news. 

 

“Really,” Irene nodded, chuckling at the younger woman. 

 

“I was not allowed to go out of the mansion to public places as a kid. Dad and mom said whatever I want I’ll get at home,” Irene said, sadness evident in her voice even through the smile. 

 

“Better late than never,” Wendy commented. 

 

In normal situations, people would usually mock Irene for having everything given to her in a silver spoon. But Wendy had never once judged her for who she was. Wendy hadn’t mocked her. 

 

“What about you? Where’s your family?,” Irene asked curiously, realising that she knows nothing about the girl’s family. 

 

“I don’t have one.. I just have Joy,” Wendy said in almost a whisper. 

 

Irene who was shocked to hear this stayed quiet for a few seconds. That explained everything to her. Why Wendy worked so hard everyday. 

 

“I envy you,” Irene said after a minute. 

 

Wendy who smiled at Irene’s comment, knowing it was said in a good way thought how different it was being around the older woman. Irene didn’t judge her one bit till now. Even after being Korea’s goddess and the richest of the rich, Irene was sitting here with her, listening about her life, giving her a rose. 

 

If this doesn’t make her fall in love, I don’t know what will. 

 

“Seungwan?,” Irene called out after a few moments. 

 

Wendy turned sideways to only find Irene standing beside her. The older woman held the younger one’s hand, now walking around the park. 

 

“Can I please.. try something?,” Irene asked when they were under a tree in a dim light. 

 

Wendy just nodded, not knowing what this sudden request was all about. 

 

Irene whose heart was beating as fast as it could took a deep breath. Again, she never felt this around Seulgi. 

 

Irene leaned in, holding Wendy by her waist, pulling her closer. When their nose-tips were almost touching, Irene closed her eyes, linking her lips with the blonde. Wendy closed her fluttering eye-lids too as Irene’s lips moved against hers. Sweetness, warmness, anxiety, all took over both of them. 

 

Again, Irene had never been so sure of anything in her life before. 

 

Irene felt her stomach getting the whole damn zoo as she nibbled on Wendy’s sweet plump lips which had a dizzying taste. The blonde however felt her world stopping at this instant. Being her first kiss, it was pretty good. She loved it absolutely. She loved Irene’s intoxicating lips dancing against hers. 

 

After a few seconds, Irene pulled back and smiled when she felt Wendy leaning in more even after their kiss had ended. She pecked the younger one’s nose lovingly. 

 

“I don’t know why or how... but.. you have done something to me,” Irene confessed as she looked into Wendy’s honey brown orbs which were blinking beautifully. 

 

“I never believed in love at first sight until I saw you,” Irene whispered in a heavy voice, getting her hand to caress Wendy’s blonde hair which were falling on her cheeks. 

 

“As much as I want to say this back...,” Wendy said after a heavy breath. 

 

She closed her eyes, pressing her forehead against Irene’s, feeling their kiss and love still lingering in the air. They were soulmates. Made for each other. And you know what they say about soulmates? They’ll always find each other. 

 

“These violent delights have violent ends,” Wendy said, her voice as serious but soft as ever. 

 

“And I’m afraid.. our differences are too strong Joohyun,” Wendy continued, pulling back with a small frown on her face. 

 

They both looked into each others eyes which showed reality. But it was soon blurred off when Irene saw the way Wendy was looking at her. There was love in those eyes. Love for her. And eyes never lie. 

 

“Strength.. doesn’t lie in our similarities.. they lie in our differences Seungwan..,” Irene said, not breaking their intense eye contact. They were in their own small world. 

 

“Will your family.. accept me? Will they allow you to... have someone like me?,” Wendy questioned. 

 

Irene had never been so devastated in her life before. Wendy was right. Her parents were so business minded that they would never accept Wendy. Plus, she already had a fiancée. 

 

“I want you,” Irene said in a cracking voice. 

 

“But.. do you need me?,” Wendy asked, furrowing her eyebrows knowing the misery the brunette was in. 

 

“You have a financée Joohyun. I got to know this today..,” Wendy spoke up, finally breaking their eye contact and looking down at their interlinked hands. 

 

“I’ll talk to Seulgi.. She’ll understand. Please don’t do this before anything has even started,” Irene begged, pulling Wendy in for a tight hug. 

 

“Why do I feel like we know each other since ages when it’s been just.. 4 days?,” Wendy asked, surrendering to make up the stubborn girl’s mind. 

 

“I don’t know. You’re my soulmate,” Irene declared, enjoying the warmth of their hug. 

 

When Irene felt Wendy’s fastened heartbeat against hers, she was sure. Whatever they had was mutual. Irene smiled, placing a soft kiss over the blonde’s head before pulling away. 

 

“I’ll talk to Seulgi,” Irene stated, placing a kiss on Wendy’s cheek.

 

“You’ll wait for me right?,” Irene asked, insecure if the blonde will give her time. 

 

“I will,” Wendy smiled in a blush, covering her face in shyness. 

 

Irene’s cheeks turned pink too seeing her shy girlfriend and she smiled. She wants this forever. She needs Wendy forever. 

 

 

After parting ways for the night, Irene went to her car, taking her phone out. She put it on speaker and took some deep breaths. 

 

Hello?’ 

 

“Seulgi.. we need to meet. Can you meet me at the lake beside my house?,” Irene asked, closing her eyes. 

 

‘I’ll be there in 20 minutes’ 

 

“Okay,” Irene replied and cut the call. 

 

I can do this. 

Irene told herself before telling the driver where to go. 

 

When Irene reached the river, she could already see Seulgi sitting on a bench. 

 

I have to do this. I love Wendy

Irene told herself. 

 

She walked to the bench, sitting beside her girlfriend awkwardly. 

 

Taking a deep breath of courage, Irene turned sideways, looking at her fiancée. 

 

“Seulgi..,” Irene called out. 

 

“You love someone else,” Seulgi spoke up. 

 

Irene who was in shock already had her eyes wide opened. She furrowed her eyebrows wondering how her girlfriend knew this. 

 

“To be honest? I don’t love you either Irene. We both don’t love each other. And... I want to fall in love. I don’t want to regret not living my life when we turn old,” Seulgi rambled. 

 

Irene blinked twice, taking in whatever she heard. She can’t believe this was mutual. 

 

“I knew this marriage won’t work. This arrangement won’t work. And I knew one of us was going to fall in love and speak this up. And when Yeri told me that—,” Seulgi started again. 

 

“Wait Yeri? Yeri told you what?,” Irene asked, noting to kill her sister later. 

 

“It’s alright Joohyun. She told me that you’ll tell me sooner or later. And to be honest.. we’re better as best friends than lovers right?,” Seulgi smiled like a bear. 

 

Irene found herself grinning too. She knew Seulgi would accept her in this way but she never thought it’ll be this easy. 

 

“It really feels like a job when we have right?,” Seulgi asked miserably, squinting her eyes in the hope that this feeling was mutual. 

 

Irene laughed in her signature dolphin way as she smacked Seulgi’s arm. 

 

“Yes it does. There is no love between us. Just friendship,” Irene concluded softly. 

 

“Let’s break this to our parents together. There is a greater chance of no.. fights if we do it together being on the same page,” Seulgi suggested, playing with a small rock in her hand. 

 

“Thank you Seulgi..,” Irene said, her smile not going away. 

 

“No thank you. I’ve been meaning to get this.. since a few months now,” Seulgi shook her head. She wanted to experience love. She wanted to live freely. 

 

“But you’ll always be my best friend,” Irene playfully pinched Seulgi’s cheek, making the latter to smile widely too. 

 

“Of course Bae,” Seulgi teased. 

 

“Now bye Kang,” Irene rolled her eyes, standing up. 

 

“Wait do you want to have dinner with me and Yerim?,” Irene asked, turning around to face her bear ex-fiancée. 

 

“Um.. sure!,” Seulgi nodded. She liked Yeri and Irene in a friendly way. 

 

As Irene’s residence was just a few minutes walk away from the lake, they reached there and sat down in the living room beside Yeri. 

 

“Oh Seulgi unnie hi!,” Yeri greeted the older girl with a wink. 

 

“Hey you,” Seulgi clicked her tongue cooly. 

 

After Irene was done ordering their dinner, they all sat down in the living room itself in front of the television. 

 

“So tell me about this girl,” Seulgi asked curiously and in sudden excitement. 

 

“Wait you guys sorted out?,” Yeri asked, pausing the movie and facing the older duo. 

 

The two older girls nodded proudly and grinned widely in relief. 

 

“Her name is Wendy. She’s... just... wow,” Irene said, not being able to describe the woman she loves. 

 

“She’s like 23.. has blonde hair.. dreamy eyes... amazing looks... and when I look at her.. um my heart plays tricks on me. The world just seems to stop,” Irene said as she blushed furiously. 

 

“Wow.. I’m jealous now,” Seulgi whined, seeing her lovesick ex. 

 

“This feels unreal,” Irene added, still in dreamland. 

 

“Even I want a lover!,” Seulgi whined further. 

 

Yeri and Irene laughed contently at Seulgi’s whining. This feels good. Better. This feels like a normal life. 

 

After chatting some more, they all had dinner and Seulgi went soon after that. After they were done with food and partings, the sisters went up on their floor. 

 

“Unnie.. did you talk to Wendy unnie today?,” Yeri asked, going into Irene’s room behind her. 

 

“Yes I did. About what though?,” Irene asked, sinking down on the bed. 

 

“Your situation,” Yeri gestured towards the big house and their social status. 

 

“You know I don’t care about these things,” Irene said, offended at her sister’s comment. 

 

“Yah I don’t mean that. I mean mom and dad,” Yeri corrected herself. 

 

“I don’t know about that,” Irene said, exhaling and lying down on the bed. 

 

“A storm is coming soon. If you don’t figure out a way,” Yeri warned before going out of her sister’s room. 

 

A storm.. 

 

Feeling like Yeri’s words has gotten stuck in her mind, Irene closed her eyes thinking of various scenarios of coming out to her parents. 

 

“We’ll figure this out eventually,” Irene told herself, snuggling with the pillow next to her. 

 

 

The next day, Irene dressed up in a black hoodie once more, wearing a nike cap as she made her way upstairs to Wendy’s house. 

 

She rang the bell and waited patiently for the blonde to open the door. But to her bad luck, it was Joy who appeared in front of her and not the person she wanted to see. 

 

“Hi,” Joy greeted, getting a little side from the door. 

 

“Hi.. is Seungwan here?,” Irene asked, curiously peeking in the house to get a sight of the blonde. 

 

“I thought she was with you,” Joy stated, knitting her eyebrows looking at the time. 

 

It was already 9:30 pm. Wendy always cames home latest by 8:30. 

 

“Can you give me her number? I always forget to take it,” Irene asked when she saw Joy dialling the blonde’s number. 

 

“Straight to voicemail,” Joy said, handing the phone to Irene. 

 

The older woman noted Wendy’s number on her phone and dialled it as well. 

 

“Why isn’t she picking up?,” Irene asked impatiently. 

 

“I’m going to go check,” Joy said worriedly, wearing her shoes and locking the door behind herself. 

 

They both went downstairs, walking towards Wendy’s place of work. Irene who kept dialling the younger girl’s number squealed in happiness when the call got picked up. 

 

“Seungwan? It’s me. Where are you?,” Irene asked as soon as the call was received. 

 

“Hello? Can you hear me?,” Irene tried again when no reply came out of the call. 

 

“Joohyun...,” Wendy said in a small cracking whisper. 

 

“Wendy unnie where are you?,” Joy asked anxiously on the phone which was on speaker. 

 

“C-Can you come get me please?,” Wendy asked in a small voice which seemed on the verge of crying. 

 

“Where are you Seungwan?,” Irene asked, worried to no ends. 

 

“T-Trance bar..,” Wendy spoke up. 

 

“It’s around the corner. I know the way,” Joy said as she picked up her speed, leading the way. 

 

“What are you doing there? Are you okay?,” Irene kept on talking, not wanting to cut the call. 

 

“Keep talking to me,” Irene said. 

 

“Come f-fast please,” Wendy said, shivering due to some reason. 

 

Irene and Joy picked up their speeds, almost running to the bar. As it wasn’t too far, they reached in a few minutes and went in, seeing it full of people with some music. 

 

“We’re here. Where are you?,” Irene asked loudly. 

 

“Ah!,” Wendy shrieked into the phone. 

 

“Seungwan? What’s wrong? Tell me where you are?!,” Irene asked once again. 

 

Hearing no reply, Irene eyed the surroundings. She remembered she couldn’t hear any music through the phone so that meant that Wendy must be either in washroom or the backroom. 

 

Joy and Irene immediately hurried towards the washroom, bursting inside the door. When they went in, they saw two men inside the girls washroom. 

 

“Hey what are you doing here?,” Irene asked loudly. 

 

Irene’s eyes widened when she saw that these were her fathers men. And they had cornered Wendy into the wall. Irene immediately went between the men and her scared friend, blocking her guards. 

 

“Sorry Ms. Bae. There’s been a misunderstanding,” the guards who looked apologetic bowed. 

 

“What’s going on here?,” Irene asked furiously, annoyed at the scene. 

 

“We thought she was a threat to you. We were just doing our jobs,” one of the guard spoke up. 

 

“Get lost. She’s not a threat. She’s my friend!,” Irene said angrily, glaring coldly at her guards. 

 

The two men bowed apologetically once again before rushing out of the room. Irene then turned to look at Wendy who was sitting on the ground, hugging her knees. 

 

“I’m sorry.. are you okay?,” Irene kneeled down, keeping her hand on Wendy’s shoulder. 

 

The younger girl looked up with tears in her eyes and her lips quivered after seeing her new favourite person in front of her. Wendy lunged forward, hugging the brunette tightly. 

 

“I’m sorry...,” Irene felt guilty for being the reason the younger one is so terrified. 

 

“They’re gone now.. let’s take you out,” Irene said, helping Wendy up on her feet. The older woman and Joy held Wendy between themselves, taking her out of the crowded and noisy bar. 

 

They walked back slowly to the house. After making Wendy to sit down, they made the younger girl to drink a glass of cold water. 

 

“You okay?,” Irene asked worriedly, kneeling in front of the blonde. 

 

Wendy nodded her head up and down once, looking at Irene in front of her. The blonde still had tears in her eyes, threatening to fall. 

 

“I’m sorry.. I’ll give them a lesson for doing this.. I’m really sorry..,” Irene said, wiping the blonde’s tears away with her thumbs. 

 

Wendy shook her head, sniffing away her fear. Now that she knew what was going on, she felt better. When she saw 2 guys following her closely, she panicked and went inside the nearest place for help. Finally, she ended up hiding in the washroom. 

 

“Are you hurt? Did they hurt you?,” Irene asked worriedly, scanning the younger girl.

 

Once again, Wendy shook her head in a small no. As soon as the men had cornered her and came closer to her, Irene and Joy had come to her rescue. 

 

“Unnie why don’t you lie down?,” Joy suggested from behind. 

 

Wendy nodded and stood up, grabbing Irene’s arm to balance herself. She was still a little shaken up. The older woman supported the younger one, taking her to the bedroom. 

 

“Do you want anything?,” Irene asked while making Wendy to lie down on the bed. She tucked the girl inside the soft blanket and sat down on the edge. 

 

“W-Will you lie down with me?,” Wendy asked barely above a whisper looking into the brunette’s eyes. 

 

Irene nodded and slid inside the blanket after removing her shoes. She felt Wendy resting her head on her arm, as they both automatically snuggled together. This felt normal and very nice. 

 

“I ended things with Seulgi,” Irene said after a few minutes. She could feel Wendy playing with her hand with hers. 

 

Wendy looked up to see into Irene’s brown eyes and saw honestly. 

 

“Why me Joohyun?,” Wendy asked, confusion plastered on her face. 

 

“I can’t stand being.. away from you,” Irene said, her gaze going down to Wendy’s slightly parted lips. 

 

“I can’t stop thinking about you,” Irene continued, leaning in as she pecked Wendy’s cheek lovingly. 

 

“For the first time.. I feel happy and.. loved. I feel full,” Irene completed with a shy smile. And she was rarely shy. 

 

“And now that I feel full... I’m scared to be empty again,” Irene whispered, leaning in to kiss Wendy’s delicate soft lips. 

 

The younger one kissed back, their lips and tongues sensually moving against each others. Their scents and tastes intoxicating their minds, making them dizzy to no ends. 

 

After kissing for minutes, they pulled away, both their faces flushed in desire. 

 

“You’re a very good kisser,” Irene complimented in a smile as they snuggled together. 

 

“It’s my.. second kiss,” Wendy opened up, hiding her blushing face in Irene’s neck. 

 

Irene pulled back suddenly in shock. She didn’t expect her to be Wendy’s first kiss. And second. 

 

“What?,” Irene asked, her eyes wide comically. 

 

Wendy looked at the surprised older woman and giggled, giving a nod. 

 

“I’m sorry.. i-if I would have known.. I-I would have made it more romantic..,” Irene said in guilt eating her up. 

 

“It’s alright Hyun. I liked it,” Wendy reassured her panicking lover, snuggling back into her neck. 

 

“Hyun?,” Irene blushed, hearing her nickname which made her heart to flutter. 

 

Wendy who was embarrassed after saying a nickname so casually, felt her face heating up. 

 

“I like it..,” Irene wrapped her arms around the weight above her. 

 

“I love it,” Irene added, a cheesy smile on her face. 

 

“Was.. Seulgi okay?,” Wendy asked curiously, worried if she caused any fights. 

 

“Yes. She felt the same way. Actually this was long overdue,” Irene said, reassuring the younger girl. 

 

Wendy nodded in the hug, feeling drastically better after hearing this. 

 

“Hyun?,” Wendy called out, lifting her face up to make eye contact with the older woman. 

 

“Hmm?,” Irene asked, looking into the dreamy eyes she absolutely drowns in. 

 

“I love you,” Wendy said, smiling with her cheeks painted in a pretty shade of scarlet. 

 

Irene grinned so contently that her cheeks almost hurt. She leaned in, pecking the younger ones lips and face non-stop. 

 

Wendy accepted the constant flow of kisses, closing her eyes while giggling due to the playfulness. 

 

Why did this feel so right? 

They both thought looking at each other.