Spark

Purpose

Today I met Sunny, she brought me the gifts from you. Thank you for thinking about me even when we are so far apart. Sunny shares about her trip and meets up with you while I was contemplating whether to ask her about you but man, Sunny is a mind reader. She said you are not 100% happy. I asked her why? 

 

“You” she gave me a one-word answer that struck a powerful punch to my guts that I couldn’t reply to her. “She’s worried about you, the calls and messages are decreasing, even when you don’t have schedules. It's like you are deliberately shutting her out of your world” Sunny said. That’s when I realised, this is affecting you as much as it did to me. And despite the distance, you still cared for me, keeping tabs on me through various people, how could I do that to you? Your Christmas gifts that I bought were still in my room, I didn’t even have the courage to mail it to you. 

 

“Long distance relationships are hard but it is not impossible, you just have to double the effort to sustain it” This was what Sunny said before she left. The words were left ringing in my head and the spark deep in my heart started glowing again. Yes, why am I behaving as though you left me for someone else? You have been here with me, with us for the past 10 years, now you are just spending some time with your family. Don’t worry Fany ah, I will be back, just give me some more time.