j'ai quelque chose à te dire

tout ce que je veux, c'est toi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Does Chae even live here anymore?” Suzy, their other flat mate, turned to Lisa with a questioning look, making the youngest snort as she stirred her scrambled eggs in the pan.

 

“As long as she still pays rent, I don’t really care. But yeah, she hasn’t exactly been present lately.”

 

“Have you met her properly? What’s her name again?”

 

“Jennie? Sort of, not really. Brief introduction when she slept over here once, but they stay at hers most nights, which is understandable since she lives alone.”

 

“They’re spending a lot of time together tho, how do you feel about it?” Suzy was sitting on the kitchen counter, watching Lisa try to replicate Chae’s usual Sunday breakfast that had been pretty much missing since she met her girlfriend.

 

“I’m happy for her, I guess.” Shrugging, she plated up their food, handing one to the girl on the counter. “I’ve never really seen her like this before. At first I was sure it would just be a summer fling, and I guess it could still just be that but she seems really into her.”

 

“And you don’t think she’s too old for Chae?”

 

“C’mon Suzy, we both know Chae has a thing for older women. Besides, maybe it’s good for her. Jennie seems very mature, maybe that’s what’s needed to tame the beast.” Lisa had known Chaeyoung for much longer than Suzy had, the two having been friends since before their uni days. She loved Chae regardless, but she had to admit it would be nice to see her best friend settle down a bit more and step away from the casual hook ups and partying she was known for. To see her go from wild child to domestic bliss over the course of one summer, however, was far from what Lisa had expected and she hoped Chaeng wasn’t in over her head, falling too deep, too fast.

 

Suzy, on the other hand, looked contemplated while slowly chewing her food. “Not gonna lie… it’s been nice not having to listen to girls moan her name every other day.”

 

“Ha, where’s the lie? I gotta admit though, it’s making me curious as hell. I mean, she’s gotta be amazing in bed, every girl we’ve heard seem to be ascending to heaven.”

 

“Oh Lis, Chae’s never gonna sleep with you. You’re her best friend, that’s like the one line she wouldn’t cross. Sorry to burst your bubble.” Jumping down from the counter, Suzy started heading towards their living room, intending on finishing off her breakfast in front of the TV. “At least your cooking’s gotten better.”

 

“So even if Chae never returns we’ll still be okay?”

 

“…maybe. Let’s just hope it doesn’t come to that.”

 

 

***

 

 

“Kimchi?” Holding the fork up to Jennie’s mouth, Chaeyoung fed Jennie who was seated sideways on her lap. They were having breakfast in Jennie’s kitchen, Jennie having plopped herself straight onto Chaeng’s lap as soon as the younger woman had sat down, legs crossed, arms wrapped around her girlfriend’s neck, leaning in to steal little pecks any chance she got.

 

“You can make me breakfast any day; I’ll never grow tired of it.”

 

“Lucky for you, breakfast for my baby is on my daily to do list.”

 

“Kissies too?” Her bottom lip jutted out in a small pout, fluttering her eyelashes for optimal effect.

 

“Kissies too.” With a small smile, she leaned in to give the girl a few small kisses, happiness bubbling through her body at the thought of getting to kiss Jennie every morning for the foreseeable future. “Last week of freedom, how do you feel?”

 

“Surprisingly good, I love working and while I’ve enjoyed my summer a lot, it’s gonna be good to get back into it. At least I’ll get a soft start this week as Jisoo and I have a few meetings and then a lot of planning to do.”

 

“That’s great, loving your job is honestly the best feeling. I can’t wait to meet Jisoo, since you chose her as your best friend, she must be great.”

 

“She is, you’ll love her. Just don’t like her too much.” Jennie half teased, poking her tongue out at Chaeng. “She’s very different from me, probably more of a mix of me and you. She loves going out, she’s much more of a free spirit than I am, but she’s also brilliant and the most supportive and loving person in my life.”

 

“I wish I could’ve met her sooner, I’m sure she could’ve given me some dirt on you. What skeletons are in your closet, Kim?”

 

“If I told you that, I’d have to kill you and that really would’ve been such a shame cause I was planning on keeping you around for a while longer.”

 

“…before you add me to your closet?”

 

“Before I add you to my closet,” she confirmed nonchalantly, piercing a piece of meat with her fork before popping it into with a small happy dance, something she’d clearly picked up from Chaeyoung. “Anyways, what’s winter like here?”

 

“Uhh, same as the city? We’re not that far away, you know that, right?”

 

“I know, but sometimes there are big regional differences.” Chaeng laughed, wrapping her arms even tighter around Jennie as she pushed her face into the girl’s neck.

 

“You sound like such a grandma.”

 

“Oh, you didn’t know? I have five grandkids; Lottie, Dottie, Scottie, Mottie, and Turtle Rabbit.”

 

“Ah, yes, you have been sleep talking about them, especially Turtle Rabbit. I was starting to wonder if she was someone you were seeing behind my back – wait, it’s a she, right?”

 

Trying to keep a serious face, Jennie nodded along, “oh, it’s very much a she.” She finally cracked, thinking of Jisoo introducing herself as Jisoo Turtle Rabbit Kim any chance she gets. “It’s Jisoo.”

 

“Jisoo’s your granddaughter? Amazing, you two must have a great relationship.”

 

“I used to take care of her as a child, Turtle Rabbit has always been a special one, she needed extra attention.”

 

“Sounds like you’re as good of a grandmother as you are a girlfriend.”

 

“Honey, you ain’t seen nothing yet.”

 

“Mmm, I can’t wait to see what the future holds then.”

 

“Me neither,” gently Chaeng’s cheek, she gave her girl a loving smile while her head filled with thoughts of her future with Chaeyoung. “Now back to the weather, do you get snow?”

 

“Mhm, we do. But it doesn’t get super cold. Autumn is quite long here, it’s beautiful. I love riding my bike around the lake and look at all the leaves that have changed colors.”

 

“I promise to practice my bike skills so we can go together without accidents.”

 

“Aww, baby, that’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever said to me.”

 

“I know, I’m such a charmer.” Flipping her hair over her shoulder, she softened her fake arrogance with a sweet kiss and some food for Chaeng. “Do you usually stay here for the holidays?”

 

“My family lives in the city, so I usually head home. Christmas is really special in my family, so I hate missing out on seeing my family during that time. Lisa’s family lives in Thailand, and she tries to go home any chance she gets, but those few years where she hasn’t been able to go home for Christmas, she’s come with me so she doesn’t have to be alone.”

 

“That’s so nice of you, Lisa seems great. She’s lucky to have you.”

 

“To be honest, I think we found each other when we both needed it the most. I know we’ve been very busy with each other this summer, but once the semester starts, I’d like for you two to get to know each other better.”

 

“I guess we gotta get back to reality, huh?”

 

“Aww baby, don’t pout. You look super cute, but I want happy Jennie. I promise we’ll still have time for each other, we just have to make time for each other. And you’re worth my time and attention. Maybe in a few weeks, when we’re more settled into our new daily lives, we can have a little dinner party?”

 

“Ohh, that sounds fun! Super domestic, I approve.” Jennie suddenly got all excited at the idea, making Chaeng smile as she managed to turn that frown upside down. “Are you still going to stay over here most days?”

 

“Uhm, I’ll stay over as much as I can, but maybe not as much as I have lately.”

 

“I do wanna pout now, but I’m a big girl and I know you need alone time sometimes too.”

 

“Don’t want you to grow tired of me just yet, now do we.”

 

“Oh cutie, I could never grow tired of you. But yeah, I agree. We need to give each other some time every now and then. Just know that you still have a key and you’re welcome to come over whenever you feel like it.”

 

“Dating a mature woman sure is something else. I was thinking we could go for a hike today. I know a nice path about an hour’s drive from here, it’s not too strenuous, a bit secluded, and has amazing views.”

 

“Usually I hear the word ‘hike’ and shut down, but it’s you and you said it’s not strenuous, so I’ll join. But I’m warning you, if it’s more strenuous than I’m picturing, you’ll have to carry me.”

 

“Deal”

 

--

 

“You’re so tiny, but you’re so heavy.” She was whining, sweat dripping down her forehead, her breathing heavy as she gripped Jennie’s legs tightly, the older woman’s arms wrapped firmly around her neck.

 

“Rude! That’s no way to talk to your girlfriend.”

 

“I didn’t think I’d actually have to carry you; this hill isn’t that hard.”

 

“Don’t worry, I can walk down by myself.”

 

“Oh gee, thank you, so generous.”

 

“I know, now giddy up!” With a huff, she walked on, carrying Jennie on her back all the way to the top, finally setting her down as she reached the end of the path. “Ta da!” spreading her arms, she showed off the beautiful view with a huge grin on her face, her previous exhaustion long gone. “So worth it, right?” Hearing nothing from her girlfriend, she turned around to find Jennie awestruck, staring out at the horizon, taking it all in.

 

“Wow. Chae, it’s gorgeous.” Never taking her eyes off the horizon, she wrapped her arms around her girlfriend in a tight hug.

 

“Worth the hike?”

 

“Worth every single moment.” Taking another moment to appreciate the view, she let out a soft sigh before turning to look up at Chaeyoung. “I’m sorry for making you carry me.”

 

“I’m sorry for saying you were heavy. You’re not, I was just joking. I’d carry you anywhere if it meant I got to experience things like this with you.”

 

“Thank you for taking me here. It feels like the perfect end to the summer.”

 

“Come on, let’s grab a seat before we hike back.” Leading Jennie over to some rocks, she sat down, guiding Jennie to sit between her legs, slightly below her so she could rest her chin on Jennie’s shoulder. “Today’s the perfect hiking day, huh?”

 

Wrapping Chae’s arms around herself, she began playing with her fingers as she took it all in. The sun glistening on the water, the skies completely clear of clouds, the dazzling blue shining down on them, the rolling hills leading down from the hilltop they were seated at, filled with wild flowers and bushes, the green contrasting and complimenting the deep blue of the ocean and the sky.

 

“Almost as perfect as you, baby.”

 

“Lucky for you, I think you’re too cute to gag on the cheesiness.”

 

Snuggling further into Chae’s embrace, Jennie closed her eyes, feeling the sun shine down on them, feeling completely and utterly safe and content. “You took Friday off, right?”

 

“Mhm, just like I promised. We can spend all day together.”

 

“Giving me the motivation I need to get my meetings with Soo done as quickly as possible.”

 

“Any thoughts on what you wanna do?”

 

“Okay, don’t laugh, but I kinda just wanna stay at home all day, order take out, relax, and enjoy your presence.”

 

“No laughing here, that sounds nice. We have done a lot this summer, it’ll be nice to take a breather and spend some time together before chaos erupts.” Jennie was enjoying the moment when Chae suddenly giggled, taking her by surprise. “Hey, I thought you said you weren’t gonna laugh at me!”

 

“I’m not, cutie. I’m laughing at myself, actually.”

 

Turning her head, Jennie looked up at Chae who was sporting a small smile, still looking out towards the horizon. “Yourself? Why?”

 

“Because I never thought I’d get here.”

 

“Here? Haven’t you been here before?”

 

Letting out another small laugh, she finally looked away from the view, instead leaning down to give Jennie a small peck. “I don’t mean physically here; I mean at this point in a relationship. Being this domestic and loving it. I love the thought of just spending a day at home with you, but if anyone had ever suggested that before I would’ve rolled my eyes and thought it was boring before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter