Jang Family

A Second Chance (This is how it should be)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The others left one by one until it's only Yuna, Yujin and Wonyoung left. Yuna thought that the atmosphere is very awkward. No one dared to talk and Yuna wants to change that. 

 

 

 

"Wonyoung... Did you tell your family to pick you up?" Yuna spoke. "I did but none of them is answering my calls and texts." She simply answered. Yuna didn't know what to talk about. She tapped her hands on her knees. Yujin's phone rang, she fished her phone out and found out that it's a text from Dollar. 

 

 

«Hey kiddo, I'll be there in about 10 minutes. Just giving you a heads-up.» 

‹Okay, I'm waiting.. see you later~›

 

 

 

 

 

Yujin unwillingly looked at Wonyoung who's using her phone. "Did they reply now?" Yuna asked. Wonyoung shook her head, still not taking her eyes off her phone's screen. "Do you want snacks?" "Yeah, if you don't mind." 

 

 

 

Yujin and Wonyoung are left alone in the couch when Yuna went to get snacks. Yujin cleared to earn Wonyoung's attention. "What if they didn't see your message?" Yujin asked. "Why are you asking? It's not like you care for me." Wonyoung snapped and rolled her eyes. Actually, I do now. 

 

 

 

"Just answer my question, Jang." Yujin sternly insisted. "Ugh. If they don't, I'll walk to Seoul." She responded, keeping that rude tone that Yujin hates. The older girl gave it a thought. "We'll just drive you there" Yujin offered to which Wonyoung declined. "No thanks, I'll just hitch with Yuna," 

 

 

 

"You'll hitch with me?" Yuna asked from the door frame, hugging the snacks. "Yeah." Wonyoung simply answered. "I-I... I don't think so. My parents are out of Korea so I can't go back home because I don't have my license yet. I'll be staying here, to make it short." She explained and put the snacks down on the glass table. Yujin picked Lay's and opened it. "I swear to God, their products are 80% air and 20% chips." Yujin mumbled and ate. She heard Wonyoung giggle and then stopped when she realized what she just did. One thing Wonyoung liked about Yujin was her sense of humour. 

 

 

 

"So that means..." Wonyoung's put on a worried face. She slowly whipped her head to Yujin who is busy munching on her chips. She gulped about the fact that she's going home with Yujin. "Yes, princess. You're coming with me." Yujin finished. 

 

 

 

• • •

 

 

 

"Wonyoung-ssi! I've missed you!" Dollar pulled the latter to a tight hug as soon as he saw her. Wonyoung has always liked Dollar. He's the friendliest man she's met. "Aww, I missed you too, Dollar!" Wonyoung glared at Yujin as if she's saying not-you-idiot to her through her eyes. Yujin shrugged and put their bags in the trunk. 

 

 

 

They rode on the car and Dollar started the engine. Yujin sat on the passenger seat while Wonyoung on the backseat. "I'm just so sad that you and Yujin had to break up," he spoke when the atmosphere became silent. "I had to." Wonyoung responded and Yujin felt a pang of guilt in her heart. "My niece is so stupid to let you go." I know. "Aw, thanks for that, Dollar. But I understand why your niece did that. I'm not good enough for her." 

 

 

 

Yujin choked when Wonyoung said that. The car stopped because it's stop sign (obviously) and Dollar looked back at Wonyoung who's leaning on the window. "Dear, no! You are one of a kind. Yujin here is just too stupid to not see that!" He shot daggers to Yujin's direction and the latter just hid herself with her hair. "Let's not- Let's not talk about that!" 

 

 

 

Dollar and Yujin talked about things Wonyoung don't know and sometimes, Dollar brings Wonyoung to the conversation. The youngest feel awkward when Dollar brings her in. 

 

 

 

"Do you have any homework to do?" Dollar asked and stopped by the gasoline station. "I do, but I already did it last Thursday." Wonyoung answered. She saw Yujin open her window and stuck her head out. She remembered that Yujin likes the smell of gasoline even though she told her it's unhealthy. "Wonderful. How about you, Yujin?" "I'll do it when we get home." "You better do!" 

 

 

 

The ride continued until they arrived at Wonyoung's. "You still remember where I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter