Hang out with friends

A Second Chance (This is how it should be)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonyoung yawned when her alarm clock rang annoyingly. She remembered everything she did last night. After Yujin asked her if she's going and saying 'yes', Nako said that they'll be going home. It was 10PM though. Today is also the day she'll be meeting her classmates from middle school. She did her morning routine and after, she remembered to continue packing her bag since she didn't finish it last night due to exhaustion. Before she continued to do so, she first had breakfast.

 

 

 

"Goodmorning, Wonniebuns~" her mother greeted her. Wonyoung sniffed and her sister— Jang Hyewon told her that they're just having pancakes for breakfast. She did not complain though, it's her favourite anyway. "Did you have fun last night, Wonniebuns?" Mrs. Jang asked as Wonyoung sat on her seat. She hummed as a response. "Sorry I went home so late last night. Nako unnie and I were both having too much fun," she apologized and stabbed the pancake her mom served with her fork. "It's fine, Wonniebuns! Besides, it was just 10:21PM when you arrived." 

 

 

 

Wonyoung smiled. She's just so happy that her parents— especially her mom— are very understanding. After finishing breakfast, she went back to her room to continue packing her bag. The door creaked open and saw her sister sit on her bed. "Where are you going?" She asked. Wonyoung frowned, she thought that she already told them last night. Oh, I wasn't able to.. stupid Jang! 

 

 

 

"Middle school reunion," she simply answered. Hyewon frowned, "Reunion? You just left middle school last year!" She laughed. 

 

 

 

"I know, right? But they just said it except that they call it a 'hangcation'." 

 

 

 

"A hangcation? What in the world is that?"

 

 

 

Wonyoung shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know but Yujin unnie said that it's like a hangout and a vacation," Wonyoung finished packing. After that, she picked a summer-y outfit and changed in her bathroom. While she's in there, Hyewon continued to talk with her. "Yujin? As in Ahn Yujin? The heartbreaker?" Hyewon clarified. Wonyoung answered with a 'yup'. Hyewon snarled. "I never really liked that girl." She mumbled. The bathroom door opened, revealing Wonyoung with a spaghetti sando, and a denim shorts. "Too revealing," Hyewon commented bluntly. Wonyoung faced her and said: "I didn't ask for your opinion."

 

 

 

Hyewon rolled her eyes and dug into Wonyoung's closet. "Hey!" She called. "What are you trying to do?" Wonyoung asked and tried to shove Hyewon away from her closet but the older girl is too resistant. Wonyoung was surprised when Hyewon exclaimed with a sunday dress in her hand. "Wear this instead," she smiled and forced Wonyoung to do what she said. Wonyoung groaned and took the dress from her sister's hands. "You're too protective, you know that?" She yelled from her bathroom. "That's what older sisters are for!" 

 

 

 

Wonyoung smiled as she changed her clothes. She's thankful and happy, once again, that she has a wonderful older sister. She remembered when she told her that Yujin was cheating on her and Hyewon was too angry that she punched the walls. She wasn't able to write her essay because of that. Once she's done, she asked Hyewon if she's not going to let her change again. Hyewon raised her thumbs up and helped Wonyoung with her bag. She put them in her car trunk and turned her car engines on. 

 

 

 

Before Wonyoung rode in the car, she kissed her parents goodbye. She sat on the passenger seat and put her makeup pouch on her lap. "Why did you put my bag in the trunk? You can just put them in the backseat you know," she said to Hyewon while carefully putting on her foundation. Hyewon shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, it looks cool to me." She simply answered. Wonyoung only chuckled and the ride went on. 

 

 

 

During the ride, Hyewon asked about what happened last night. She told her about Yujin being there and how she wanted her to be her friend for just one night. Hyewon was angry at first but then she calmed down soon. Wonyoung excluded the part where Yujin asked her if she's going because if Hyewon knew she'll be going too (because Yujin's presence depended on Wonyoung's answer), she might lash out at Yujin. 

 

 

 

"Are we there yet?" Wonyoung asked for the nth time. Hyewon groaned at the question. "Stop asking me that! I'll tell you when we are really there," she informed. The ride has been going for 2 and a half hours now and Wonyoung felt like stretching her legs. "Hey, did you know why mom and dad immediately agreed about me—"

 

 

 

"I might've texted them with your phone..." Hyewon cutted her. Wonyoung swiftly checked her messages and Hyewon wasn't lying, she's not the one who makes things up, by the way.

 

 

 

Hyewon informed Wonyoung when they finally arrived. The latter was half excited, she's excited about the beach and she's not excited about meeting Yujin there. She looked around to see if Yujin's uncle's car is there and it wasn't so that means she hasn't arrived yet. Yujin lives with her uncle, by the way. "Who are you looking for, kiddo?" Hyewon's voice popped out. Wonyoung shook her head to get herself out of it, "Nothing, just my old schoolmates." She responded. 

 

 

 

Hyewon bid goodbye to Wonyoung. She told the younger to be careful at all times since she's not there to guide and rescue her. Once she saw Hyewon drive away, she walked to her friend's beach house. It was very large and refreshing, maybe because of the white paint. She got in and greeted her friends who were watching a movie. The owner of the beach house— Shin Yuna showed Wonyoung her shared room with Oh Hyunjoo. She also helped Wonyoung with her bags. 

 

 

 

"I'm so glad you made it!" Yuna exclaimed. "Of course, I miss you guys so much," Wonyoung said and they sat on her bed together. Yuna hugged Wonyoung, the two are known for being so close. They were like two peas in a pod but now, they study in different schools. Yuna stayed in her old school while Wonyoung transferred to Enozi Prep. They rarely chat with each other because of high school life. Wonyoung broke the hug, "but a reunion is too... Early," she added. Yuna chuckled at what Wonyoung said. "Who said that this is a reunion? I just said it's a hangout slash vacation with old classmates!" Yuna corrected and giggled. "Oh," was all Wonyoung could say.

 

 

 

Yuna and Wonyoung went back to the living room to continue watching the movie. Her other old classmates and friends invited her with some snacks which Wonyoung gladly accepted. When the credits started rolling, everyone started to change into their swimsuits except Wonyoung. She's waiting for Yujin to arrive and she doesn't know why, she just did. Wonyoung sat on the couch patiently. She feels hot with her long sleeve dress that stopped under her knees. She's going to the beach, why did Hyewon ask her to wear this?

 

 

 

"Wonyoung-ah, are you not going to swim?" Jaemok asked her while carrying a pineapple floatie. "I am, I'm just waiting for someone," "Okay." And with that, Wonyoung was left alone in the beach house.

 

 

 

She waited for a while. When she realized what she's doing, she changed into her swimsuit while grumbling things. "Why am I even waiting for her? It's not like I have something to do with her," she rolled her eyes. After changing, she went outside to enjoy with her friends. 

 

 

 

"Uncle! When do you think will we get there?" Yujin asked under the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter