Part 8

Every Night with You

The door code started beeping as she was placed a large kimbap roll into . She turned her head towards the hallway when she heard the door open. It was dinner time, meaning he was home much earlier than she expected. She tried to call out his name, but instead a muffled sound filtered through her full mouth.

“Babe, are you there?” he called from the hallway. His voice was full of energy.

She swallowed and answered his call. With fast footsteps he came around the corner and placed his duffle bag on one of the kitchen chairs. He rushed around the table and placed a kiss on her food-filled cheek before scooping her up. She yelled out in protest, but he did not stop. With a huge smile, he brought her to the living room and spun around with her before setting her down. By this time she had finally finished chewing the food.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“The new song is done!” he said as he quickly walked to the computer. He plugged in a usb and searched for a file. A smile beamed across his face. As the song in question began to play his head moved to the beat. Soon his finger tapped on the table. He turned around to see her reaction.

“This is really good!” she said, “it makes me want to dance.”

Her wish, no, not even a wish, her supposition, was his command. He turned to face her and began to dance. When the chorus hit, it was a full lip sync performance. She began to sway with the beat as he approached her with theatrics. A bubble of laughter came out of her. He took her waist and swayed her hips with his. They danced together before the chorus came again and put him into performance mode. She pretended to be a fan, waving an imaginary sign and jumping up and down. As the song was coming to a close, he sang the last few lines and approached her with intensity. Her waist in his arms, she put her own arms over his shoulders. They kissed. The song began to play again in the background, and he pulled away to look at her again.

“You really like it?” He asked with a beaming smile.

“Of course I do! It’s so fun and it’s so you.”

Seemingly unable to contain his energy he lifted her up and spun her around the room again. Then he was back to dancing, but without the performance. He noticed the kimbap in the kitchen and while dancing grabbed a piece for himself and for her. Jumping around the room, they danced and ate the remaining bit of the kimbap roll. In the middle of the third replay his energy finally ran out and he turned down the song.

“Can we order some more food? I’m starving,” he said between breaths.

“Since you ate the rest of my dinner, I’m hungry, too.”

“Come on. Kimbap for dinner? You can’t have just that for dinner anyways,” he .

 She went to grab her phone and dialed the number of a chicken place close by. While she was placing the order, he snuck up behind her and grabbed her waist suddenly. She jumped but held in a squeal. She play-hit him, but in retaliation he back hugged her. His next attack was a bite her ear. The person on the other side of the phone call was repeating the order, but she could barely focus on the call. She tried to wiggle away from him, but he held her tighter and bit her neck this time. Finally, the call was over, and she spun around to hit him again.

“Stop that! I can’t focus when you’re all over me,” she lightly hit him on the chest.

“It’s your punishment.”

“My punishment for what?” she asked him wide-eyed.

“You ordered fried chicken and I just have to watch you eat it,” he put on a fake pout.

She had forgotten about his diet.

“I can’t maintain this body,” he made an outrageous body builder pose, “by eating fried chicken.”

“But I ordered for two!”

He gave her a glance that said, ‘looks like you’re eating it all.’

“Oh, just this once celebrate with me. One cheat meal a month won’t kill you, will it?” she also pouted.

His voice became light and playful. “Fine, fine. Just this once though since you already ordered the food.” He smiled coyly.

She pretended to look upset at his trickery, but there was no force behind it. She just smiled at him, who was nearly beaming positive light. The brightest light that came home to her every night.