All I Want For Christmas Is You 🎄

Jongho Drabble/Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: All Minho wants for Christmas is Jonghyun, his wish might come true.
~ Christmas AU


'Only you can give me that feeling'
Love       Warmth       Trust       Protection

 

🎄☃️🎄
 

Crushes were hard, especially when the object of affection didn't seem to return these feelings, Minho knew all about it. He always had this huge crush on Jonghyun in high school but never said anything as it didn't look like the feelings were returned and he was already blessed with the friendship between them.

They were known as Tom & Jerry for their playful cat and mouse antics. Together they would cause all kinds of hilarious trouble and playfight about the silliest things. Despite that, they fiercely cared for each other and had a protective unbreakable bro love, hence Jonghyun was always cheering him on whenever he had his soccer matches as he was the captain of the school soccer team and Minho would help him compose songs to use at the music club. 

After graduating high school, Jonghyun got into a different university than Minho which absolutely devastated the tall athlete. He just assumed they would be applying to the same uni and be together forever, but sadly this wasn't the case and the smaller man had to move to a brand new city so he could pursue his dreams of becoming a composer. Minho attended a university that was better known for its sports opportunities.

It made it hard to keep in contact with each other but they did their best, Minho with his huge crush didn't like this at all but always comforted himself by thinking that these little meetups were better than not at all.

He missed Jonghyun a lot, his voice, his laughter, and their playfighting, summer break however gave some relief as they managed to see each other but each visit made the taller man fall deeper and more madly in love with his best friend, therefore, the longing and desire become harder to ignore, especially with Christmas around the corner.

After winning a soccer game in another city, Minho and his teammates were returning home to celebrate Christmas with the family. Everyone could see that the taller man wasn't in the Christmas spirit but Minho was tight-lipped as to what was bothering him, it took Nichkhun, Donghae, and Eunhyuk to yank the reason out of him as they sat in the plane, waiting for it to take off. Minho sat by the window with Nichkhun, Donghae sitting in the middle, and Eunhyuk by the walkway.


''I can't wait to see the Home Alone movie again when I get home.'' Donghae eagerly shared his plans with his friends as they've been talking about Christmas the whole day. Nichkhun raised an eyebrow in disbelief, ''Home Alone really? I've seen that movie 600 times already.''

Donghae grinned and shrugged, ''It brings back the nostalgia from when I was a kid and would watch it with my parents and siblings with warm chocolate milk and fresh-baked cookies, those were the good times.'' He hit Nichkhun's shoulder playfully as a pleased grin melted on his face.

Nichkhun winced and laughed a little, ''Whatever makes you happy, man.'' He then turned his head to Minho who has been pretty quiet, ''What about you, any plans?'' Minho glanced at him from the movie playing on the small tv-screen and shook his head, ''Not really, visiting family like always I guess.'' the tone of his voice indicated that he wasn't all that enthusiastic and that was met with frowns from his teammates. ''Whut?''

''Alright spill, you've been moody about Christmas since we left Seoul.'' Donghae pointed out as Minho sighed while shaking his head, ''Don't worry about it.'' He murmured but Nichkhun knew something was going on and he wasn't going to drop it. "If you tell us then maybe we can help?''

Minho frowned, ''You can't.'' He curtly replied but that pretty much gave away that there was something wrong. Donghae laughed a little and put his phone away as the plane was soon to take off, ''Try us, and maybe you will feel better if you tell us what's going on, we're not only your teammates but close friends too.''

Eunhyuk nodded in agreement from Donghae's other side, ''A problem shared is a problem halved...or however that saying goes, I don't know...I've had like 6 beers." He joked, Nichkhun smirked and Minho gave a soft chuckle.

''You're aren't allowed to drink before boarding a plane so I know you're lying.'' Minho shook his head, ''Alright fine...I'm just...missing a friend from high school, our friendship was really special and we were super close, like closer than anyone and I haven't seen him for Christmas in like 2 years, just around summer break.'' He explained and bit his bottom lip as another wave of longing for the smaller man swallowed him.

The guys were silent, thinking about who he could be talking about but it was Donghae who gasped at the realization, ''Wait...you're talking about Jonghyun! that small guy from high school right?!'' Minho chuckled at the description and nodded to confirm it. 

Nichkhun grinned wickedly, '' man...you had the biggest crush on that guy and the only one who didn't know was Jonghyun.'' Eunhyuk laughed loudly as he remembered who Jonghyun was too, ''It was hilarious watching you and him together!''

Minho blinked as his friends and pouted. ''Shut up!'' and was met with a round of laughter before he landed a playful punch on Nichkhun's arm, making him rub it with an offended expression. 

''Oww why me? and I wish I could say you hit like a girl but ...that hurt." Nichkhun whined as Minho snorted and folded his arms proudly, ''You were the closest...'' He smirked but then it faded at the thought of the topic they were conversing about, ''Anyway...I would love to see Jonghyun around Christmas...maybe even tell him how I feel but...that's just wishful thinking at this point.'' He revealed further whereas a knowing smirk crept onto Nichkhuns face as he ran a hand through his dyed blonde hair.
 

He was about to say that he had an idea but a lady on the intercom announced they were about to take off so he went for a squeeze to Minho's arm and assured him everything will be alright. Minho raised an eyebrow but determined to let it go and look out of the window, daydreaming about the smaller man with big mocha puppy eyes.


Unbeknownst to Minho, a few hours later after the plane landed in Seoul, Nichkhun declared himself a matchmaker and went to the restroom to make a call, and recruited Kibum, a close mutual friend of Minho and Jonghyun to get in contact with Jonghyun and ensure he comes home for Christmas, Kibum was delighted to help. Nichkhun also gave details about a surprise Christmas party at Minho's apartment that Minho's parents had planned and Jonghyun should totally be there so it would be a Christmas miracle for Minho.


"I still don't get why you guys are coming with me," Minho mumbled as Eunhyuk flagged down a taxi outside of the airport with Donghae and Nichkhun standing on either side of him. "Don't you guys have a family to go see or something?" Minho continued as a taxi stopped in front of them and they all stepped into the vehicle. 

Nichkhun told the driver where to go then exchanged a smirk with the others, Minho huffed at being the only one not in on...whatever the hell this was. "We are...gonna...help you decorate your apartment since you never do, make it feel like Christmas there for once." Eunhyuk covered up the truth and grinned wide at Minho who stared at him for a moment before shruggin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter