Chapter 5

Mending broken hearts

Before we get started, please stream WANNA BE MYSELF, WITH MY TEARS, and MISS U - JVDE and Wheein 

and congratulate Wheein for reaching 1M followers on Instagram via Tweeter with #whee_inthemood1M

 

-----------------------------------------

As soon as Byul gets home, her phone started ringing cutting off the music and disturbing the peace she is in, “Unnie, can you come to our concert?” Seulgi asked Moonbyul over the phone excitedly

 

 

 

Byul pondered for some time. she’s not really one to attend big concerts especially not with mainstream music like this, but then again, she has nothing to do, it is a much better idea than spending time missing Krystal... drowning in your own tears. 

 

 

 

“I don’t have tickets for it though” Tickets like this just disappears really quick due to Korean music popularity nowadays

 

 

 

“Lucky for you Red Velvet’s Seulgi is your cousin, right?” The unnerving confidence is palpable through the phone causing Byul to cringe

 

 

 

Byul and Seulgi are very close with each other like real siblings. Seulgi knows how much her cousin is struggling nowadays, that is also another reason why she hopped on the plane a week earlier than her members. She wanted to be with Byul even for a short period of time to comfort her from the pain of being left behind, betrayal, and unfulfilled expectations made by broken promises.

 

 

 

 

“When are you performing?”

 

 

“Tomorrow, we are the last performer. Can you come? It’s Friday anyway!”

 

 

“I’ll come but only for your performance, deal?”

 

 

Although Byul only agreed to be there for a period of time, Seulgi will take the chance. For a brief moment, she can at least distract her cousin.

 

 

 

“Deal! Maybe I can finally introduce you to my members” With that, they hang up. Byul has never met them despite the group being active for almost 3 years now. She just never had the time to attend any of those nor did she have any interest in the genre itself. The people she normally listens to are the likes of Keshi, Jeff Bernat, RINI, 92914, slchld, mini trees, and other artist centered in chill vibe. But, she will concede this time, allowing her thoughts to be deafened by the cheers of fans supporting their idols.

 

 

 

Byul ended her day thinking of two people, surprisingly Krystal is not one of them. This time she felt warmer than she’s ever felt for the past years of her life despite the cold weather embracing the whole city.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Tonight, she has to be in MSG to watch her cousin perform, but before all of that she has to tend to her responsibilities. Oddly enough, today seems easier than yesterday. Did she move on or was it because of the person from the park? Is it the voice?

 

 

 

She went on with her day quietly recollecting the memories of that event silently hoping she can find clues of who the person is to give back the handkerchief or at least that’s what she told herself.

 

 

Her thoughts were quickly interrupted by a loud and excited voice,“Ohhhh Byul-ah, did something happen?” Amber said with a big grin, she also noticed the change in her demeanor

 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

 

 

“You just seem… brighter? at ease?” Amber is one of her closest colleagues but she’s from another department so they seldom see each other on working hours. They’re both into music and are the biggest geeks. They are alike more than they differ.

 

 

 

 

“Hmmm… I don’t really know. Not much happened yesterday besides me eating dinner in central park which I mean was nice, but it was super cold.” Byul blabber covering the fact that a certain someone did make her feel something inside

 

 

 

“Has she… said anything?” Amber asked carefully, she knew what happened between them, but she did not know that Byul decided to just let go

 

 

Byul stopped typing and looked at Amber straight into her eyes, “No, but silence is also an answer. It may not be the answer I would have wanted, but this is where are now.”

 

 

 

“Moving on it is. If you ever need a drinking buddy, you know who to call.” With that, she left without forgetting to tap Byul on her shoulder and smiling

 

 

 

Amber has always been like that, she’s not really one to be super affectionate, she just like listening most of the time. She would always support whatever Byul has decided to do. She knows that Byul has Seulgi to talk some sense into her, so she’s filling in the role of just supporting Byul.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“Unnie are you here yet?”

 

 

“I’m not really sure where I should be.” Seeing the amount of people, Byul was kind of lost especially because this is her first time attending such event. Seulgi instructed her to go to the backstage where she can meet her and get her settled. Byul hurriedly made her way inside in order to not miss the show she went there for.

 

 

Due to big crowds and dim lighting, Byul hit someone by accident. Thank God for her quick reflex she was able to hold on to the girl’s waist.

 

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to. I was just in a hurry, and I’m kind of lost.” Byul said without letting go of the person in front of her. They are so close to one another, they can feel each other’s breath on their skin.

 

 

Damn, this girl so pretty – Byul

 

 

“It’s o-okay, you can let go of me now.” The shorter girl can feel her heart beat faster and her hand trembles as she stares longer into Byul’s piercing eyes

 

 

Byul quickly steadied their stance and let her go, feeling embarrassed with what just happened between them, “Y-yeah, sorry.”

 

 

“Where are you heading? The next performance is about to start.” 

 

 

“I was told to go to the backstage, but I’m not exactly sure how to get there.” Scratching her head out of frustration because of the blockage in every turn for idol’s safety

 

 

“Byul-ah! Seulgi told me you were coming.” On cue, Red Velvet’s manager popped up to guide Byul which she was not sure whether it was a good timing or she was unlucky. She wanted to get to know the girl she bumped into more, but now she has to go. Byul looked behind her to ask the cute girl’s name, but the person was not there anymore.

 

 

“Are you looking for someone? We gotta go now.” She decided to let it go. There was no way they would see each other again in this big place.

.

.

.

.

Meanwhile in Wheein’s side

 

 

“Wheein-ah! Where did you go?” Hyejin worriedly ask as she suddenly disappeared without telling anyone

 

 

“Oh, I went backstage to grab some of my stuff.” While pointing at the direction where she came from

 

 

“Why are you so red? It’s so cold here.” Yongsun grabbed her cheeks

 

 

 

“It was hot backstage.” Yongsun and Hyejin decide to drop it although she can tell they didn’t really believe what she just said. Well, most of it was true, Wheein just left out the part where she bumped into someone she finds really attractive.

 

 

 

It’s the same girl from the park yesterday, but she didn't really recognize me – Wheein

 

 

Wheein wondered why she was going backstage with Red Velvet’s manager. She did not seem like a staff nor a performer since she was getting lost. Her thoughts continued to wander off and think of many possibilities regarding Byul to an extent that she did not realize it is time for them to go back up for the ending stage.

 

 

Yongsun and Hwasa worriedly watched her as they noticed how distracted she is. Their eyes fell into the same guy who made Wheein cry just recently, not realizing that Wheein is actually staring at Byul as she interact with Seulgi filled with smile and laughter.

 

-------------------

side note: Since I am new to the fandom, timeline might not follow real events. It will totally be fictional.