Chapter 2

The Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Anyway, what I just said wasn't true. Because I am in love with Sejeong. It must be the altitude or something, confusing my mind.

 

Flustered, I push the hair off my face and try to get a hold of myself.

 

OK, Wendy let's try counting again. Four hundred ten. Four hundred eleven. Four hundred twelve. Four hundred thirteen.

 

No. Please. The plane's lurching again. We're descending.

 

"My parents wanted me to become a doctor but I-"

 

"I've never done anything to make my parents proud of me."

 

The words come spilling out of my mouth before I can stop them.

 

"Never."

 

"I'm sure that's not true," says the woman nicely.

 

"It's true. Maybe they used to be proud of me. But-"

 

"... asdfajshahdjdksldh ..."

 

I can't stop talking. I just can't stop.

 

"... aahhhhh!!"

 

Every time the plane bumps or jolts, another torrent of words pours randomly out of my mouth, like water gushing over a waterfall. It's either spilling my secrets or screaming.

 

"... can't take coffee at work, it tastes disgusting..."

 

"... can eat lemon quickly without closing my eyes..."

 

"... Seul and I have passion for singing, but no one of us ended up to be a singer..."

 

"... asked me if I know how to play instruments, but I told them I don't know how..."

 

"... didn't like the one who asked me that's why I pretended I don't know how..."

 

"... able to play several instruments, including the piano, guitar, flute and saxophone..."

 

What happened to me? Normally there's a kind of filter which stops me blurting out everything I'm thinking; which keeps me in check. But the filter's stopped working. Everything's piling out in a big, random stream, and I can't stop it.

 

"... just have to hear that Jessie J's song "Who You Are" and I start crying…"

 

"... really wish I had bigger s. I mean, not enormous and stupid, but you know, bigger... "

 

I'm unaware of anything around us. The world has narrowed to me and this Goddess stranger, and my mouth, spewing out all my innermost thoughts and secrets. I barely know what I'm saying any more.

 

All I know is, it feels good. Is this what therapy is like?

 

"... works in market research. I remember thinking the very first time I saw her. She looked radiant with little to make up on. So she asked me out …"

 

"She's wonderful. Sejeong's completely wonderful. I'm just so lucky. Everyone's always telling me how great she is. She's sweet, and she's good, and everyone calls us the perfect couple …"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter