Sohye's House

Maybe I Just Want To Know You [RE-UPLOAD]

Despite getting lost a few times Yoojung found that the cafe Doyeon had taken her to was only a 15 minute walk from Sohye’s house. However despite it being a short walk it was a horrible walk for Yoojung, as Doyeon’s words kept swirling around her head.

Once Yoojung arrived at Sohye’s house and rang the doorbell, she didn’t have to wait for long until a grinning Sohye opened the door and enveloped her into a hug.

“Oh, Yoojung! You took so long; we were worried something had happened!” Sohye explained as she released the smaller girl from the hug and moved to the side to let her in. Once Yoojung had entered the house, she closed the door.

“Sorry about that,” Yoojung chuckled at her friends caring nature. Although she did wish sometimes that Sohye wouldn’t jump to the worst case scenario.

“How come you took so long” Nayoung asked her, taking a sip of juice.

“Shall we go to my room?” Sohye suddenly asked.

“Sure!” Yoojung and Nayoung said in sync. Though neither of them understood where Sohye’s sudden desire to go to her room came from, as her parents weren’t home. The girl’s shared a look and shrugged to each other, she must feel more comfortable in her own room they thought to themselves.

No matter how many times Yoojung had gone to Sohye’s room, she was always shocked at the amount of penguins the girl had scattered around. She had a bed full of penguin stuffies, penguin statues on her shelves and even penguin bedding! Of course, she had other stuffed animals too including a shark and a couple of bears, but it was all mostly penguins.

“Sit down, and tell us all about it!” Sohye grinned as she sat on her bed.

Nayoung sat at the end of the bed which left Yoojung sitting in the middle. Yoojung bit her lip, she wasn’t sure whether to tell her friends everything that had happened including the ‘cutie’ comments or whether to just give a brief summary. She blew out a deep breath and hesitated for a moment.

“Damn, was it that bad?” Nayoung looked at her.

“It was weird,” Yoojung finally spoke.

“Weird how?” Sohye asked softly.

“Basically, we had the after school lesson which was her copying my notes but then we started talking and she invited me to go to a cafe with her, and I went that’s why I took so long getting here.” Yoojung explained.

“What were you guys talking about? Did you manage to get her to leave us alone?” Nayoung asked hopefully.

“Well during the lesson, Doyeon told me that she hated the way her and her friends treat us. She said she doesn’t know why she does it, she feels like it’s a routine.” Yoojung told her friends. “She also said that she does feel guilt about her actions too.”

“Well if she feels guilty and doesn’t understand why she does it then she should stop. Simple as.” Nayoung stated.

“What happened in the cafe?” Sohye asked.

“That’s where things got super weird.” Yoojung took a deep breath; she looked at her friends and saw the curiosity and anticipation in their faces. “Doyeon paid for everything. My drink and food included. She said it was the least that she could do.”

“She has a point,” Nayoung interrupted.

“That wasn’t the weirdest thing that happened though,” Yoojung bit her lip. “She kept calling me ‘cute’ and ‘cutie.’”

“Doyeon called you cute?” Nayoung asked with wide eyes, confusion present in her tone.

“She is cute!” Sohye scolded Nayoung.

“I know she is, but I mean Doyeon called her cute. You know, the girl who calls us losers all the time!” Nayoung exclaimed.

“You have a point there,” Sohye chewed on her bottom lip. “What happened after that?”

“She said she wants us to start again on a clean slate and she figured that complimenting me would be the best way to start.”

“Pft. What kind of logic is that?” Nayoung frowned. “The best way to start would have been her apologizing. In fact, did she even apologize?”

“She did. It was as I stood up to leave; she grabbed me by my arm and apologized for everything. She also said that she wanted to be my friend.”

“Bull.”

“Nayoung!” Sohye scolded the girl once again.

“No, I mean its bull that Doyeon would want to be friends with Yoojung. She’s probably only saying that to get more information about us to use against us in the long run.” Nayoung explained.

“I agree with Nayoung,” Yoojung nodded. “After being mean to us for so long why would she suddenly want to be our friend?”

Sohye nodded. “Good point. Did she say anything else?”

“No, I left before she had the chance to.”

Nayoung nodded; “that was probably for the best.” She hesitated for a moment before continuing; “although, I have just had an idea.”

“What is it?” Yoojung asked curiously.

“Why don’t you play her at her own game?” Nayoung watched as confusion washed over her friends faces. “I mean, why not pretend to befriend her?”

“For what purpose though? It’s not like we’re going to bully her.” Yoojung frowned.

“Well, no.” Nayoung thought for a moment. “But we could try to humiliate her, the way she has done to us.”

“Isn’t that a little mean?” Sohye spoke up, confused about what her friend was planning.

“Well technically no, if you think about how she treats us this is just innocent payback.” Nayoung turned to face Yoojung. “So, please Yoojung, will you do it?”

Yoojung hesitated for a moment. She really didn’t want to upset or hurt anyone even Doyeon, but she knew that Nayoung was right and it was about time that she got payback for the way Doyeon had treated her. Plus a part of her really enjoyed spending time with Doyeon earlier that day in the cafe, and she wanted to get to know her more. Yoojung shook her head ‘what am I thinking?’ she thought to herself before answering her friend. “Of course I’ll do it.”

“Wait really?” Nayoung blinked, she hadn’t expected Yoojung to actually accept the idea.

“Yes, it’ll be good to get some kind of payback.” Yoojung nodded. She knew that her friends wouldn’t understand that she saw a different side of Doyeon earlier that day, and she wanted to see it again; so instead she just pretended that it was payback.

“When will you start?” Sohye asked.

“Tomorrow,” Nayoung answered for Yoojung.

“Yes tomorrow,” Yoojung nodded.

And suddenly she couldn’t wait for tomorrow.