Rumours

Maybe I Just Want To Know You [RE-UPLOAD]

“I heard Doyeon fell out with Jieqiong and Mina because of Yoojung!” One boy whispered.

“I heard that Doyeon and Yoojung are dating!” A girl said.

“Apparently they went on a date together to a cafe!” Another guy exclaimed.

The whispers soon died down when Doyeon entered the room. She felt everyone’s eyes on her as she sat in her assigned seat. She was used to having people stare at her, as she was one of the most popular girl’s in school. This however felt different. She had heard what a couple of people had said before she entered the classroom, but she didn’t want to retaliate as she didn’t want any drama.

Soon enough Yoojung and her friends entered the room. All eyes turned from Doyeon onto Yoojung. Yoojung gulped nervously, she didn’t know why everyone was looking at her it was making her feel self conscious. She tried to ignore it as she sat in her seat next to Doyeon.

“Hey,” Doyeon smiled at her.

“Hi,” Yoojung smiled back awkwardly. “Why is everyone looking at us?”

“Probably someone’s started a stupid rumour about us,” Doyeon shrugged. Doyeon was used to having rumours be made up about her, after all she was popular. She forgot that Yoojung wasn’t used to it, and usually if there was a rumour about her it was a mean one made up by Doyeon and her friends.

“Oh,” Yoojung replied blankly. “Do you know who it was?”

“Nope,” Doyeon replied cooly. “It’ll blow over in a few days, so don’t worry about it too much.”

Yoojung nodded before asking; “do you know what the rumour is?”

Before Doyeon could answer Jieqiong stormed into the classroom followed by Mina who was trying to calm her down. Jieqiong slammed her fists on Doyeon and Yoojung’s desk. “Is it true Doyeon?” She practically shouted. “You’re dating the loser? Is that what earlier was about, huh?”

Doyeon blinked whilst Yoojng winced at how harsh Jieqiong’s voice was. Yoojung could feel Jieqiong’s eyes burning into her head; she looked around the room desperately trying to avoid the other girl’s angry eyes.

“Well?” Jieqiong glared at Doyeon. “Answer me.”

Doyeon tilted her head. “Who told you that we’re dating?” She asked, knowing that it would just piss Jieqiong off even more.

“Does it really matter?” Jieqiong gritted her teeth.

“Well, we’re not dating. No. But I’m disappointed that you’d believe some thoughtless rumour created by a random person, rather than asking me your friend.” Doyeon said plainly.

Jieqiong blinked. “Yeah, I guess you’re right...” Jieqiong lowered her head. “I’m sorry,” she mumbled.

“What was that? I can’t hear you.” Doyeon smirked.

Jieqiong gritted her teeth. “I said I’m sorry, alright?”

“Now apologize to Yoojung,” Doyeon gestured to a very confused and scared Yoojung. “She deserves the apology more than I do.”

“What? No! Are you out your mind?!” Jieqiong shouted. “She’s a loser!”

“Jieqiong, calm down.” Mina tried to calm Jieqiong down, but it wasn’t working. Instead Jieqiong was getting more and more annoyed.

“Mina!” Jieqiong shrieked at Mina. “Doyeon’s lost her marbles! She’s dating the loser!”

“I’m not dating her, and she isn’t a loser.” Doyeon snapped.

“I don’t even know who you are anymore!” Jieqiong bit her lip as her eyes became teary. She felt like she had just lost her best friend to her arch enemy. “Honestly, Doyeon... I just... I don’t know who you are,” she whispered with tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Maybe that’s for the best,” Doyeon sighed.

“Whatever Doyeon,” Jieqiong cried before storming out of the classroom. Mina gave Doyeon one last look with disappointment in her eyes before following Jieqiong out.

“Well, that was interesting.” Doyeon said asually as if she hadn’t just had an argument with her best friend. She turned to Yoojung, “looks like we’re dating now, huh?” She chuckled.

Yoojung blinked at how calm Doyeon was. Did Doyeon and Jieqiong fight a lot? She wondered. “How can you be so calm?” She asked.

“Because Yoojung, I know for a fact it was Jieqiong who started up the rumours about us dating.”

“How?” Yoojung frowned.

“That wasn’t the first argument that we’ve had today,” Doyeon explained. “We had another argument earlier on about you and your friends, so I guess she assumed that we’re dating.”

“Wait, why were you arguing about me and my friends?” Yoojung questioned.

“Oh,” Doyeon scratched the back of her neck awkwardly. “I was just telling them to lay off your friends, you know? To give them a chance rather than just giving them every day.”

Yoojung blinked. “Why? I mean you’ve been bullying us for years, so why the sudden change?”

“I feel guilty,” Doyeon admitted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I can’t believe we lost Doyeon,” Jieqiong sobbed into Mina’s shoulder. “She’s the one who started this whole thing off!”

“I know, I know.” Mina rubbed her friends back and softly reassured her.

“Doyeon’s a two faced !” Jieqiong could feel herself switching emotions, from sad to angry. “I bet she thinks it was me who started the rumour off as well.”

Mina froze. “Wait, it wasn’t you?”

Jieqiong frowned at Mina. “No, and you should know that. You’ve been with me all day.”

“Then who was it?” Mina asked confused.

“I don’t know, some random guy told me.” Jieqiong shrugged. “I don’t know who told him though.”

“That’s weird” Mina commented before adding; “but why would you believe some guy when Doyeon’s our best friend?”

“I don’t know,” Jieqiong answered honestly. “I guess it was just with our argument earlier, I thought that maybe she was dating Yoojung.”

“I think Doyeon would have told us if she was though,” Mina replied. “Do you think that you and Doyeon will be friends again?”

Jieqiong thought for a moment, she had fallen out with Doyeon in the past over petty little things. This was different though. Doyeon had actually lost her temper which had never happened before. Jieqiong took a deep breath before replying; “I don’t know, Mina. I honestly don’t know.”

Mina nodded sadly. She didn’t want to have to choose between Doyeon and Jieqiong as they were both her best friends, but she knew that she may have to as they had never fought like this before. She sighed.

“I will never forgive who started those rumours though, because now I’ve lost one of my best friends.” Jieqiong said darkly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Yoojung, are you alright?” Nayoung asked her friend. Nayoung and Sohye had witnessed the entire confrontation between Jieqiong and Doyeon, and they were concerned about Yoojung as Yoojung had never had a dating rumour spread about her before.

“I’m okay,” Yoojung reassured her friend. “I’m just curious who started the rumours, you know? Doyeon says it was Jieqiong but why would Jieqiong act so surprised if it was her who started the rumour?”

“Who knows?” Sohye shrugged before adding; “whoever it was is a complete though!”

“Indeed.” Nayoung agreed before turning to Yoojung; “I promise you that we’ll find out who started the rumours though. No matter what.”