Learn To Be Civil

Maybe I Just Want To Know You [RE-UPLOAD]

The walk to the principal’s office was awkward for the girls. Whilst Doyeon, Jieqiong and Mina were trying to keep up their cool, calm, don’t care attitude. Yoojung, Nayoung and Sohye were feeling somewhat anxious. The latter could understand the principal wanting to talk to the other girls but not them because as far as they were aware they hadn’t done anything wrong.

“Who’s going in first?” Sohye asked nervously.

Doyeon turned to the smaller girl and rolled her eyes. “I’ll open the door for you, seems as it’s so scary.” She said sarcastically before opening the door and leading her group in. Yoojung and her friends quickly followed them in.

Once all of the girls had entered the office they all stood in a line in front of the principal’s desk. None of them spoke though; anxiety was thick in the air. That’s what was confusing for Yoojung, Nayoung and Sohye they had expected the other girls to be loud and show attitude, but instead they were quiet like mice.

After a few moments the principle broke the silence. “I’m sure you all know why you’re in here, right girls?”

“N-no,” Sohye answered quietly. Yoojung and Nayoung turned to look at her with wide eyes because they didn’t expect her to speak throughout the meeting.

“Alright, well I’ll explain to you what’s happened. I have received a call of someone’s parents complaining that there is some bullying going on between you girls.”

“Who’s snitched?” Jieqiong questioned immediately.

“No one has, as you put it snitched, Jieqiong. Bullying is a serious matter and will not be tolerated in my school.” The principal stated. “Now, due to your words Jieqiong I’m going to assume that you’re one of the bullies. Am I correct?”

Jieqiong gulped before answering; “I wouldn’t call myself a bully.” She turned and looked at Mina and Doyeon for some sort of support but the girls just stayed silent.

“Well I have a plan whether you girls agree to it or not it doesn’t matter. I want to pair you girls up in each of your classes, and I will monitor your behaviour towards each other.” He told the girls, watching as they all turned to each other with confused expressions on their faces.

“Sir, is that really wise?” Yoojung asked. “I’m not trying to be rude... I just don’t know if this is a good idea,” she bit her lip nervously.

“You have no need to worry, Yoojung. I have told the teachers to keep a close eye on all of you; again I will be monitoring your behaviours as well, so all in all you’re all going to be safe.”

“Can I ask who I’m paired with?” Doyeon frowned.

“Yes. Here are my pairings, Jieqiong you are to work with Nayoung. Mina you’re with Sohye and Doyeon you’re with Yoojung. Is that okay with you all?” The principal hesitated for a moment before carrying on; “of course, I’m not expecting you to become best friends or even friends, please understand that. I just want you girls to learn to be civil with each other. Otherwise I will have to suspend you or give you all detention, and I’m sure none of you want that.” He watched as the girls all shook their heads and mumbled a “no sir.”

“When will this pairing thing start?” Mina asked quietly, looking at Sohye. Truthfully, Mina didn’t have a problem with any of the girls in fact she actually felt sorry for them. She hated picking on them and she honestly didn’t understand why she did it. She didn’t even mind being paired with Sohye, she knew that the other girl was quiet and shy which didn’t bother her at all, in fact she found it quite endearing.

“Today from the next class that you have together; that’s when it will start, Mina.” He smiled at the girls, “you may all leave my office and head to your classes.”

With that the girls left the office, each feeling very different emotions to the girl next to them but all of them feeling some sort of anxiety in the pit of their stomach.

They knew that they had to learn to be civil one day, they just didn’t expect it to be like this.