Before Class

Maybe I Just Want To Know You [RE-UPLOAD]

The girls walked to their next class in their respective groups. Doyeon, Mina and Jieqiong walked ahead whilst Yoojung, Nayoung and Sohye walked behind. This was unusual as usually it would be vice versa. Each of the girls was feeling nervous, and confused.

“I wonder who got their parents to call up,” Jieqiong broke the silence between her and her friends, as they walked down an empty corridor.

Doyeon shrugged. “I don’t understand why we have to work with them; I mean surely if we’re ‘bullying’ them then we should have to stay away from them.” The tall girl frowned.

“Exactly! What kind of a school is this?!” Jieqiong exclaimed.

“It’s strange that they decided to call up now,” Mina spoke up. The two other girls turned and looked at her confused. “I mean, we’ve been supposedly picking on them for a while now so why have they just randomly decided to get their parents to call up now? It’s weird.”

“That’s a good point actually,” Jieqiong nodded. “It is bizarre how it’s just randomly came up out of the blue.”

“Well, why don’t we just question our girl in class until they crack? Mina, you’ll probably have the easiest job as Sohye’s too nervous and will probably just cry and confess,” Doyeon laughed.

Jieqiong laughed along before realizing Doyeon had called the other girls their girls. “Um, Doyeon... You called them our girls? I’m just letting you know that that stone is not my girl and never will be.”

Doyeon blinked unaware of what she had said and of where Jieqiong’s anger had suddenly come from. “I’m sorry, I meant the girl we’re paired up with. They’re not our girls,” she corrected herself.

“Mina, you’re awfully quiet. Has Sohye got to you already?” Jieqiong giggled.

Mina shook her head and giggled along. As much as she wanted to tell Jieqiong and Doyeon to stop being mean to the other girls and to leave them alone, she couldn’t. She couldn’t lose her friends or her status in the school, she knew it was ridiculous and she should try to stand up for the girls but she just felt too afraid to do it.

Meanwhile Yoojung and her friends had decided to hide in the bathroom for a little while to talk to each other about the situation that they were in and try to figure out what’s going on.

“Did either of your parents call up?” Yoojung asked.

“It wasn’t mine,” Nayoung answered.

“No, my parents don’t even know about what’s going on,” Sohye shook her head.

“Mine don’t either,” Yoojung frowned before continuing; “but if it wasn’t our parents who called up then who’s would it have been?”

“It wouldn’t have been theirs, would it?” Nayoung frowned, thinking.

“No, because I doubt any of them would voluntarily admit to being a bully.”

“And they wouldn’t want to work with us,” Sohye bit her lip for a moment before continuing; “it’s kind of stupid how we have to work with them though.”

Yoojung and Nayoung’s eyes widened. Usually Sohye would never say something like that especially the word ‘stupid’ as she had said in the past that she doesn’t like using that word or any other words that could come across as rude or mean.

“I agree.” Nayoung broke the silence. “It is stupid how we’re being forced to work with people who have continuously bullied us for so long. Why aren’t they getting punished? It feels like we’re the ones being punished for them.”

“Exactly!” Sohye exclaimed. “I feel like I’ve gotten in trouble for doing nothing wrong.”

“Should we talk to the principal about this? Or actually get our parents to call up?” Yoojung wondered.

“No point, he’s made up his mind now hasn’t he?” Sohye sighed.

“I guess we might as well just go to class and see what happens,” Nayoung sighed as she checked the time on her phone. “We’re already 2 minutes late, we shouldn’t get into trouble because of them.”

“You guys are right,” Yoojung nodded. “Let’s go.”

“Wait, Sohye. Are you going to be okay? I know you get nervous and stuff,” Nayoung suddenly asked as they began to move.

“I... I should be okay,” Sohye nodded. “I’m nervous though, and a little scared. What if this makes the bullying worse?”

“You’ve got us, and we can stick together!” Yoojung tried to reassure her. “You’ll be okay, Sohye.” She smiled.

“Yeah! You’ll be okay, you’ve got us and we’ll be in the same class as you so if anything does happen we’ll be there to help you,” Nayoung gently patted Sohye’s shoulder to reaasure her.

“Thanks guys, you’re the best!” Sohye weakly smiled, pulling the girls into a hug.

“Alright, let’s go and do this!” Yoojung said full of confidence, although really she was afraid of what would happen. She just knew that if the others saw that she was anxious then they’d miss class and actually get into a lot of trouble.

“Let’s get it!” Nayoung giggled along, as they exited the bathroom.

The girls walked hand in hand to their class, with Sohye in the middle and the others on the side, they’d all reassuringly squeeze each other’s hands every now and then as they could all feel each other’s anxiety and nerves.

Once they got to class they all stood outside the door, looking at each other waiting to see who’d go in first. After a few moments, Yoojung took a deep breath.

“Let’s go in, I’ll go in first.” She reached for the door handle. “After all, what’s the worst that can happen?”