Chapter 3

The Rapper and the Rockstar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesung sighed as he finished the last song for the night. They had been really busy for almost two weeks now! His Leeteuk-hyung, for some reason, had been greedy and had taken a lot of gigs these past few days. It was great for their band but really! Singing for 12 nights straight was hurting his throat! Aside from that, he still had to study for his university and work at his part-time job. He didn’t have time for his crush at all! And to think that he finally had a big progress.

 

After his brilliant plan was busted by Kyuhyun, the rapper had taken him home and said goodnight to him. Well… that was really a big progress. But he couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed. He thought he would finally lose his ity that night! But maybe, he was thinking too fast. It was great, anyway. Kyuhyun had told him good night! He kept rolling around in his bed that night.

 

He couldn’t get out of his apartment the next morning, half of him was feeling extra nervous to accidentally see Kyuhyun while the other half was busy thinking how to impress the rapper. But the day after that was the start of his busy schedule. He hadn’t had the time to pursue Kyuhyun at all. He didn’t even have the time to enjoy coffee in his veranda and secretly peek at the rapper’s half- body because he would wake up late for school. Even during lunch, he could just eat bread while working on his assignments that he couldn’t do because he was either working or singing. Which meant he hadn’t seen Kyuhyun at all. Maybe Kyuhyun had forgotten about him now.

 

Yesung pouted at that thought. He was to blame for this. He kept his ‘big progress’ from his bandmates because he was afraid to get more teasing. If he had told them, Leeteuk wouldn’t have probably taken this deadly schedule and would have supported him in his love life instead.

 

“Goodnight,” Yesung bid his bandmates goodnight and they did the same. He silently walked back to his apartment, sighing. In those 12 nights that he was singing, he was actually hoping to see Kyuhyun in the crowd. Because, that one fateful night had poisoned his mind and he kept thinking that maybe, Kyuhyun was missing him too. But that didn’t happen, of course. How could he even think of such silly things?

 

“Yesung-hyungie?”

 

Yesung quickly looked up when he heard that voice. It was Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun was in the middle of unlocking his door at 2 am in the morning! His performance had probably just finished too! (Yesung knew all of his schedule because of the site he bookmarked) “K-Kyuhyun-ssi!” he called, yet despite the formalities, he ran forward and hugged the taller tight.

 

“You…”

 

. Yesung suddenly went out of his trance. This wasn’t a dream. He was doing this to Cho Kyuhyun for real! . He quickly pulled away from the hug, his cheeks blushing so hard. Kyuhyun must be thinking now that he was really weird. “Uhm… I was.. It was—” he stuttered as he made strange gestures with his hands, trying to think of a believable excuse but Kyuhyun cut him off.

 

“It’s ok,” Kyuhyun laughed at him. “You should sleep, you look pale,” he continued which made the shorter’s eyes go wide.

 

“I… I—” I’m ugly? Yesung ran past Kyuhyun and quickly went inside his apartment without looking back. It wasn’t his fault that he looked his worst today! He had been really busy with no time for himself. He looked at himself in the mirror and frowned. They eyeliner was smudged around his eyes, highlighting his eyebags more. Oh . He really needed a beauty rest.

 

 

Despite saying that he needed a beauty rest, Yesung really couldn’t when his mother had called him early in the morning to remind him that he needed to take care of his brother later until the weekend because his parents would be going on a vacation trip. He had totally forgotten about that! He just wished he didn’t forget to tell his bandmates because it would totally ruin their band’s reputation if they were to cancel a schedule in the last minute. He called his Teukie-hyung and the leader confirmed that they didn’t have a schedule for the rest of the week.

 

So, all in all, it was his fault why they had a full schedule in the past days. Yesung wanted to smack himself for even thinking that his Teukie-hyung was greedy. Sorry Teukie-hyung! He apologized through the phone repeatedly but the elder only laughed at him and dismissed him immediately.

 

“So Yesung, you finally have this Friday for yourself,” Leeteuk said before slurping his jajangmyeon. “Do you have plans? Kyuhyun has a big battle tonight,” he said flatly which made Siwon laugh. They were expecting the vocalist to blush and feel embarrassed, but they received no reaction. Dark clouds just seemed to form on top of the vocalist’s head as he sighed defeatedly.

 

Ugly. Ugly. Yesung was so busy repeating those words in his mind af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter