018

Marauder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun did quite a bad job in ignoring the creepy grins the villagers were giving him, as he made his way to the Do’s mansion the next morning.

He had out somewhere along the ceremony.

Not exactly out, but walking home was just a blur in his memory.

He nodded and smiled at a young couple who passed by, who had been present in the wedding yesterday. He briefly glanced at their interlocked hands as they walked past him…

And stopped frozen on his tracks.

 

He had kissed her.

 

Again.

 

Baekhyun felt all the blood draining off his face, and his own heartbeat started pounding in his ears.

He had been half conscious thanks to all the wine forced down his throat, and he had all forgotten about it until this moment since last night, but now that he recalled it, the moments started streaming into his memory, quite vivid and clear.

And it had felt just right.

As if she is the one he had forever been waiting for.

And Baekhyun wanted to run back home and hold her.

“Good morning to you young man!”

Baekhyun was torn off his thoughts with the familiar voice of the innkeeper. “Had a good night with your wife?”

No, but I wish I did.

Baekhyun managed to smile instead of answering, and quickly resumed striding towards his destination.

* * *

“But why cannot the wedding happen within two weeks?”

Do Kyungsoo whined, almost stomping in front of his soon-to-be brother-in-law.

Junmyeon pinched the bridge of his nose, and sighed, hoping all the ancient philosophies he had learnt would give him an answer to this. “The reason is just as I stated, Master Do. My sister needs more time to mentally prepare herself for a married life.”

“But…” Kyungsoo huffed. “But she seems happy when she’s with me! Isn't that what matters even after marriage?”

Junmyeon sighed again, and stared at the wooden ceiling above them. “Talk about being blinded by love.”

His low mumbling made Kyungsoo even more nervous. “What is it, My Lord? Doesn't she like me? Did she say anything bad about me?”

“Of course not, Master Do!” Junmyeon blurted out his reply. “She does like you. It’s just that…”

His words trailed off, as a young man entered through the front gate into the mansion premises.

Junmyeon felt his entire body tightening and firing up at his sight, and the sudden rage to lurch forward and grip his throat was almost uncontrollable.

Byun Baekhyun had entered the front yard.

“About Lady Gayeon…” Kyungsoo eagerly began, but his voice too died away as he noticed how unusually frozen Junmyeon looked. “What is it My Lord?” he followed Junmyeon’s gaze over his shoulder and turned around to find his bodyguard. “Oh! It’s Baekhyun! Lord Kim, please meet Baekhyun, my bodyguard who once saved my life. And Baekhyun, greet this honorable gentleman, Lord Kim Junmyeon, the Royal Secretary and soon to be my brother-in-law.”

Baekhyun held Junmyeon’s blazing gaze for a moment, inwardly cursing himself for being so absentminded to just enter the place without checking, and bowed down low in the end. “Greetings, My Lord. It’s an absolute pleasure to meet you.”

Junmyeon said nothing, and just focused on clenching his jaws and fists as it was the only way to hold himself still while Do Kyungsoo was present. “I’m visiting a library in a distant temple today.” Kyungsoo turned back to Junmyeon with a grin. “I have noted down some books you mentioned last time, as great works of art that you wish to read one day. I will definitely bring them to you if I find them in that library.”

“Thank you.” Junmyeon muttered, and Kyungso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter