[ BULLETIN (NEW) ]

[ CODE ANOMALY : calling agents... ]
CALLBACK
HOMESCREEN
last updated: 8 march xx 

New rules 


(1) Every agent must now show their ID and fingerprint when entering the Sejong, Seoul, and Daejeon area. Data of admission are recorded manually and with CCTV.

(2) Busan site will be open only to investigators. Agents who will be needing these areas must contact Director Lee beforehand to arrange the best avenue. 
(3) Any witnesses or affiliates who might have been involved with the agents or children will be contacted separately and further questioning will be arranged depending on the circumstances.

(4) We have recently heard about rumours spread with malicious intent being directed towards certain staff and student of our Academy, including leaking information of the children and verbal assault against the parents involved. Johak has zero-tolerance policy regarding bullying of any form and will not hesitate to take legal action against the perpetrators.

The following are implemented already within all sites of Johak Academy. We appreciate your cooperation and we hope to be able to get through this trying times.  
Behind Doors

(every information within this page and the next one are classified and can only be viewed by selected candidates)

JOHAK / zodiac academy 


BUILT / 19 AUG 89

LOCATION / 
Sejong City, South Korea (Headquarters)
Seoul (Primary - Highschool)
Busan (Buffer)
Daejeon (Campus)
Gwangju (Buffer)
Jeju (Buffer)

DIRECTORS /
Kim Hwijae (Sejong City)
Hyun Sihyang (Seoul)
Ahn Heeran (Daejeon)
Lee Byunghae (Buffer Zone)

Johak Academy is the last "spy" agency in South Korea and the East Asian region. Built right after the end of Cold War, it's function has slowly changed from just being a place of training and hiding spies to that of protecting superpower beings called Ens.

After completing highschool, every En can choose between continuing their work as operatives (meaning they will be trained in Seoul) or return to normal life (signing non-disclosure agreement to do so). Buffer zones, on the other hand, are inactive hotspots used only when there are conflicts within those areas.

[update: johak tends to recruit Ens a lot earlier (at primary school age) to help them train their powers, while humans are recruited around highschool age. humans who are enrolled usually focus more on the history and science and basic self-defense classes which gets more focused on in highschool and college.

Also, the purpose of college is for those who want to work as operatives in more specific institutions (e.g. research, hacker, profiler, etc.) while those who graduate highschool but choose to be operatives would work as trainee operatives immediately. these are the people who often become mercenaries or are more active in field work. those who are in college will be trainee operatives during their time in college. ]

Both the Daejeon and Seoul areas have dormitories intended for students from the age of 16 - 22. Active operatives may rent their own places, but most are recommended to stay within designated areas of Sejong City. 

 

course / career track 

(adding this just to clear up some confusion, while also adding stuff that might give you guys some ideas. all ages are international age.)

primary - entry age at about 5-7 years old. usually consists of about 90% ens and 10% humans. this is because curriculum focuses on training ens to understand and stabilize their powers, while most humans with zodiac mark had nearly similar curriculum with normal schools (meaning that most likely the humans are children of operatives), except that they are also being taught a little bit about the history of zodiac mark and ens. while some children do not pursue further studies in johak, this is exceedingly rare and most cases are due to their parents.

middle school / high school - entry age at about 11-13, six years in total. admission is about 50-60% for humans and ens, depending on the year. some humans are now being trained to also become agents while ens are also focusing on their powers. at the end of highschool, ens should have at least basic understanding of their powers and can do basic control of it. 

after highschool, all graduates are given three choices: fully let go and live a normal life, continue on college to do specialized work, or train as a field operative. 

university - entry age at about 16 minimum. duration can be from 3-6 years for a bachelor degree. this is where students who want to pursue a more specific career can study.

some examples of the popular divisions: 

science: including medicine, chemistry, biology, physics, math, and all of their sub-divisions. focus career after graduation is within research for ens and the zodiac marks, hospitals, and statistic/data analysis work. also known as the 'nerds'.

engineering: divided to two 'divisions' inofficially; the mechanics and the software. those who work to create the equipment and those who deal with how the mechanics work. basically where the mechanics and the hackers come from. 

social sciences: includes the 'soft-sciences' like psychology, law, criminal justice, and etc. focus career is closer to actual operatives, but are more specialized.

after graduating university students can also still become operatives, just a lot more specific to their courses (and often paid higher). basically, people don't go to the college just to graduate and find a normal corporate job; it's geared specifically to johak and ens.

not all operatives who studied in university will be required to know self-defense, but it is recommended especially for those who are doing field work.

 

admission / zodiac mark 


All members of Johak Academy must have a Zodiac Mark. This is a 'scar' (about 2-4 cm) that resembles the figures from either the 12 Chinese / Western Zodiacs. Both Ens and humans can have Zodiac Marks and they are both capable of detecting the presence of other ZM bearers. humans with ZM tend to perform better in their stamina and academics compared to 'normal' humans, but otherwise do not possess powers.

Ens are the humans with special abilities to wield powers, both combat and non-combat. They make up about 40% of Johak and ZM bearers, and their powers tend to develop quite early (before puberty). Ens who develop powers above the age of 20 exist, but they are very rare and often had greater issues controlling their powers. 

 

5th march case / ambush


Agent 1937 and 2958 were investigating a serial case of abduction of three children who were supposed to be admitted to the Seoul school, but both agents went missing on the 5th of March, last seen in Busan. The last communication between headquarters and the agents was at 03:08 A.M., where a 'red signal' was alerted by 2958.  

It wasn't until at 06:34 A.M. where several operatives in the vicinity managed to locate them at the inactive Busan site. Both were heavily injured, but nearby them were all of the abducted children, safe and in a good condition. As of now all of the people involved are currently hospitalized in Sejong City, with 1937 in critical condition while remaining victims are recovering. No further questioning has been done yet on any person involved.

 

7th march letter / rendezvous


Despite all of the best effort of the investigation, there were still questions left unanswered, with increasingly suspicious relations with an incident five years ago and a possibility of mutiny from dissatisfied ZM bearers against Johak. 

So, under Kim Hwijae's authority, a few letters were secretly sent out to Ens and human operatives from campus and the headquarters, with the purpose of covert work to truly investigate the true cause behind the abductions and assault, as well as undermining any threat against Ens. Attached on the next page is the scanned letter from one of the directors.

 
cr. trxsh