Bad Luck

She’s My Angel

"Oooookay... what's his problem?" DK asks while they watch Wonwoo run across the now crowded hallway.

"Just... Aah nothing... You guys go ahead and start practice, I'll be there in a few secs! Oh and Seungcheol, don't think I forgot about the extra 50 pushups!" Mingyu didn't want to tell the others about what happened, he thought it would worsen Wonwoo's image, already that half of the school enjoys talking so much about him. He couldn't do that to him, they may not be as close as they were before but he still cares a lot about Wonwoo.

"Hmm... strange... This Wonwoo is mysterious but not in a good way" says Seungcheol.

Vernon, co-captain of Mount-Royal's basketball team, the Mustangs, pops his head out of the gym's entrance to check on his teammates.

"C'mon guys! Let's go, let's go! No slacking if you want to make it to the championships!"

"Wouldn't it be amazing if we make it to the championships and win?! That would be a great way to end our senior year at Mount-Royal!" Hoshi, is filled with so much excitement just thinking about the championships.

"We WILL make it, we got this!" DK wraps his arms around his teammates shoulders and make their way to the gym.

"It's a shame that Vernon is still injured from last season though... he was one of our best players, we gotta work our asses off even more now!" Hoshi pretends to faint and falls in between his teammates.

"THIS KID!" they all yell happily as they push him away.

Meanwhile, Wonwoo has left the new girl dumbfounded. Mingyu couldn't help but feel bad for her, especially because she is new.

"Sorry about that... Wonwoo is not the type for social interactions unless you are a book, but I promise you he is a really nice guy so don't be too afraid of him since you're his locker neighbour" Mingyu kindly explains.



"Oh, well I guess me and him are kind of the same... I should really go after him, I feel terrible because I was sort of rude to him, but I didn't mean it..." she lightly hits her head out of frustration.

"Well, hope your brain is okay. Anyways, Kim Mingyu, at your service" he bows like a gentleman, while she finds him strange.

"Do you need help to get to your classes? I'll be glad to help!" He grabs the schedule out of her minuscule hands.

"Actually, let me take a look at your schedule, maybe we ha-"

"I-it's fine" now scared of Mingyu, she slowly and carefully pulls her schedule away from him.

"Yang Sonha, huh?"

"You didn't give me a chance to properly introduce myself..."

"Well I saw it on your schedule Yang Sonha!"

"Just tell me where I can find the principal, please and thanks"

"Hmm... no fun... just walk straight ahead pass the glass windows on your left" he says disappointly.

Vernon spots Mingyu still chatting in the hallway and yells, 

"KIM MINGYU! 50 EXTRA PUSHUPS! PRACTICE.RIGHT. NOW."

"That's me! I gotta go, I'll see you around little lady!" Mingyu winks at Sonha.

"Can't wait for this semester to end..." Sonha whispers to herself as she waves goodbye to him.

With a very odd and stressful way to begin his day, Wonwoo has skipped his peaceful morning readings at the library for the first time since he began high school. He was never the type to break a routine, he must do his planned tasks at a specific time, not a minute earlier or later than the time he initially planned or else it will mess him up, and most likely will lead him to frustration and a minor breakdown... Although, Wonwoo doesn't seem to mind doing the same things everyday, his consistent scheduling is a beneficial good habit of his that he finds that more people should practice, and that it would possibly lead to world peace according to him...

Throughout the day, Wonwoo felt embarrassed for what happened with him and the new girl. He couldn't concentrate properly as he was thinking about him acting shamelessly like a fool this morning. He realizes that this new girl's locker was right beside his, and he just couldn't face her until he came up with a proper apology. Wonwoo wasn't the type to talk to the other students at school unless it was for some group work, which he despises so much. He didn't like the fact that he has to eventually apologize to her even though it is the right thing to do. He even thought about changing lockers, and if that doesn't work out, he thought of ways to not use it so often. But for now, Wonwoo decides to just avoid going to his locker.

It's finally last period and Wonwoo feels relieved that this day is ending. All he wants is to go home and hopefully school work will help him to forget about today... He rummages through his backpack looking for his book for class. Suddenly he feels not so relieved after all, Wonwoo fears that he has left his book in his locker. He has been so caught up with what avoiding the girl that he forgets his one book that he really needed. He slowly raises his hand, which is shaking from his nervousness.

"Yes, Wonwoo?" even the teacher is startled by Wonwoo's hand being raised. The teacher always thought about Wonwoo being such a bright student, although he thinks it's a shame that he never interacts in class.

Every single head turns towards Wonwoo and the whispering and chattering began throughout the room...

"Alright, alright, please settle down everyone..." the whole classroom goes silent.

"I-I do not have my book with me today, I'm sorry..." Wonwoo's face turns red and he looks down ashamed.

"That's a first... This isn't like you Mr. Jeon. You're lucky, you can use mine for today. Please don't forget to bring yours next class, don't let it happen again"

Wonwoo's heart is beating so rapidly, he didn't like speaking in class. He's glad that the problem is now solved but he can feel everyone's attention still on him.

"Definitely the teacher's favourite pfft..." he hears the person behind him whisper.

Rain started pouring down towards the end of last period. Like every other student, Wonwoo goes straight to his locker but then he is reminded about his new locker neighbour. He immediately turns the other way before she sees him, and heads out of the school. Wonwoo stands right on the top of the big staircase outside in front of the school, shielding himself from the strong rain.

"My freaking umbrella..." he forgets that his umbrella is in his locker which he has been avoiding going to the whole day.

He decides to head back inside to his locker, hoping that the girl has left already. Once he steps inside the school, he spots the Bratpack, he looks down as he walks avoiding eye contact with them. They were being super noisy as always. He makes it inside the hallway and looks up to find the new girl is walking towards him. Wonwoo panics and starts running again. He accidentally bumps into Vernon's shoulder.

"HEY! I'm injured here! You can't say sorry?!" Vernon yells.

"What is with this guy..." he and the Bratpack watches Wonwoo run like a maniac outside in the rain without even turning back, leaving them stupefied.

"I have no time, I have to make it home to study, no time to waste now..." Wonwoo continues running in the rain like the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.

"Oh my... uh... need a towel?" Wonwoo's mom is startled by her son's soaking wet appearance, she tried to hold in her laughter.

"Please!" Wonwoo replies out of breath.

He drops his wet backpack on the floor and realizes that his backpack was open the whole time and his headphones are inside. He immediately looks through his backpack, hoping that his headphones aren't damaged from the rain. He finds them a bit damped.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no..." Wonwoo quickly connects his headphones to his phone and the music comes out perfectly with no problem.

"Ah yes!" He is reassured by the soothing sound of his music.

He goes through his backpack again and pulls out his notebooks drenched in water.

"Seriously!?" Wonwoo is deceived as he looks through his notebook and all his notes weren't so readable anymore.

"Oh man... what happened to your umbrella?" his mom asks while she hands him a towel.

"Thanks..." Wonwoo goes straight to his room and slams his door shut.

The next morning, Wonwoo wakes up not feeling so well, he just had the most painful and difficult time getting out of bed. Normally waking up at 5, he slept through his alarm and got up at 6 instead for the first time. He wobbly makes his way to the kitchen, looking like he just had a couple to drink, which felt like it took half and hour just to get there.

"Woah! You do not look so good!" his dad puts his coffee mug down and touches Wonwoo's forehead.

"Is it just me or is it freezing in here?" Wonwoo says in a hoarse voice.

"Just as I thought, definitely sick. You, stay home for today or until you get better. I'll have to tell your mother to prepare some soup or something... do you need tea?"

"What? No, I can't just stay home... tea sounds good, to go please, thanks, but I never miss school! Absolutely no way I can do that!" Wonwoo starts preparing his usual cereal, he grabs his bowl and spoon, and tries to place them on the table but everything is just spinning.

"A little harmless cold can't stop me from attending school..." Wonwoo sneezes and drops his bowl, which causes it to shatter into pieces. Wonwoo looks to his mom, hoping she would let him go.

"Yeah, you definitely need to stay home but just for today only if that makes you happy. I mean c'mon you sound terrible!" his mom grabs his arm and helps him to his bedroom.

"I cannot believe this!" Wonwoo hasn't missed a day of school, ever! He is terrified of being behind in work and being knocked off the top of his classes.

"One day wouldn't hurt, smarty pants! Now rest, or else you'll get worse and would have to miss more days!" his mom replies as she helps Wonwoo onto his bed.

Wonwoo, comfortably wrapped in a blanket, is at his desk, trying so hard to recopy his notes. Angry at himself, he forgets that some of his books were in his locker so he couldn't catch up on every subject.

"Why? Why, me? Why, now? Just as I'm about to graduate high school soon and start over! Just my luck..." he says to himself as he drops his head on his desk.

"Everything was going fine... I had no problem whatsoever. All of this just because of some annoying new girl? This is all so crazy! I didn't mean to do it!"

He stares dissatisfied at his white board on his wall where he writes down his schedule for the month, and proceeds to erase everything. He picks up his magic marker and begins to redo this month's entire schedule. As soon as he is done, before he can place his marker down, everything turns pitch black.

• end of chapter 2 •

Hello! Hoping that this chapter is more interesting than the first one? (If not, I am so sorry huhuhuhu! And I promise that the next chapters will be great)  I added some gifs just for fun, they're so cute! May I add that finding a perfect gif or image to match a scenario in the story is difficult omg! I'll also try my best to add in the story all Seventeen members if possible, I mean a whole basketball team technically consists of 14 to 15 players (yes I did my research and I am also a huge fan of the anime Slam Dunk haha...) I actually don't expect this story to gain a lot of popularity because of how corny the story is to be honest haha I mean compared to other stories here, wow mine is lowkey trash lmaooo but I'll continue to write just for fun, it's a great pastime in my opinion. I'll probably update every Monday (or whenever I feel like it lol)  Anyways, thank you for reading, subscribe if you like or not it's okay lmao and stream Dynamite by BTS, songs stuck in my head since its released!