Hot Headed

She’s My Angel

Jeon Wonwoo, the loner, the mute, the strange but interesting boy, the quiet yet manages to create a strong presence whenever he appears... There are a million things he has heard around school about himself, but he can never understand why was everyone so intrigued. They say that he is a loner but by choice, and has full potential of being one of the popular kids. Ever since he entered Mount-Royal High, his focus has shifted strictly and only on his education, as if he has forgotten about his love for basketball and other hobbies, which left his old friends from elementary and middle school very upset and concerned. Nowadays, Wonwoo is barely showing any emotions, no one seems to remember the last time he has ever smiled or even hear the sound of his laugh... 
 

5AM, the time that Wonwoo gets up everyday, including weekends, just to study. One hour, two hours, three hours or none, the poor boy with a crappy sleeping schedule does not seem to be bothered at all with his early morning study sessions. 
 

"Wonwoo? Have you been up all night or have you woken up earlier again? School only starts at 8... Heck, I don't even get ready for work until 6!" Says his mom in her raspy morning voice as she exits her bedroom.

"We are out of cereal..." he ignores his mom's comments.

"Oh well, I'm going to do the groceries today, you can try having something else for change? Actually, I'll cook something up once I'm done showering, do you want eggs or-"

"It's all good... No time to waste here!" Wonwoo walks away with the music blasting from his headphones and throws a peace sign.

"Wow, is our son finally too cool enough for us?" 

"Don't worry hun, he gets it from you... You are indeed hip as well!" Wonwoo's dad chuckles as he fixes his tie.

Wonwoo pokes his head out of the bathroom, "No one uses 'hip' since the 1970s!"

Wonwoo's relationship with his parents has been pretty much awkward. He fails to have an actual conversation and spending quality family time with them. Family dinners were some sort of punishment to him, he usually avoids them by coming home super late or having his dinner locked up in his room. Although they have been nothing but supportive with every decision Wonwoo has made throughout his life, whether it was for basketball, singing, dancing, etc. Wonwoo could've told them he would want to move to Antarctica to open up his own penguin training centre and he would still have all their support, they really just want their son to be the happiest and to follow his dreams.

6:45AM sharp, Wonwoo steps out of the Jeon's cozy family home to make his way to Mount-Royal High. He enjoys going to school extra early to get things done. Suddenly he hears familiar voices, it's Mingyu and a couple of other guys from the Bratpack (what Wonwoo likes to call the gang of popular Jocks at school) Mingyu and Wonwoo were best friends, both of their parents have been friends since high school and they still keep in touch every now and then. Their fathers encouraged the boys to play basketball, which is why the best friends used to play it religiously back in elementary and middle school. The Bratpack, especially Mingyu, were yelling and running around so early in the morning. Wonwoo couldn't stand hearing them ruin almost every peaceful morning by acting like they were 8 year olds.

"Some things never change..." 

He passes the gang and his ex bestie as if they never knew each other. Mingyu would feel a little hurt inside each time they pass each other in public. Of course both of them knew about each other's presence, although ignoring someone who was once so closed to you, who spent almost every minute with you, and who knew everything about you didn't feel right... They didn't have a good reason to have ended their friendship.

Once arriving at school, Wonwoo heads straight to his locker, and since there is still quite some time before his class, he normally uses this free time to read at the library. He grabs his notebooks and supplies from his locker, until his headphones are unexpectedly yanked away from his head.

"Uh... I'm new here and can you help me?"

Wonwoo looks down to this fairly petite girl who is about 5ft. Her hair is in two French braids, her skirt is a tad bit too long on her as it reaches pass her knees, almost as if she is wearing a midi skirt, her backpack has tons of cute keychains and colourful pins of anime characters. He couldn't believe that this girl had the nerve to pull out his headphones like that.

"Are you insane?! Be careful!" Wonwoo is in shock. Some way to start his day...

"Why would you do that? That's absolutely idiotic and rude..." he grabs the headphones from this strange girl's tiny hands.

"S-sorry, I just- You were the only one here, and I'm not so good at talking to humans, to people, I-"

"That was stupid, and you could've caught my attention any other way possible, like I don't know, maybe tapping my shoulder next time?"

"We'll I just- I know, stupid right? But I'm new..." she starts to laugh nervously.

"New to what? Manners? Common sense? How did you even get accepted to this school, geez... Anyways, you just lost your privilege to get help from me so better wait for someone else, good luck!" As if he actually wanted to help her in the first place...

"W-wait" she tries to grab Wonwoo's shoulders but trips and spills her latte on his backpack. 

Mingyu heading to the gym notices the commotion at Wonwoo's locker and decides to fearlessly step in.

"You guys okay?"

"W-well I-I just-" she panics as she's on the floor rubbing Wonwoo's backpack with her pink Hello Kitty cloth.

"What now? All I want is just peace in the morning and to read my damn book please! This fool yanks my headphones for no reason. I mean do you like this?" Wonwoo pulls on one of the girl's French braids as she screams in pain.

"What the hell are you doing man?! It was an accident clearly!" Mingyu pushes Wonwoo away from the girl. He never expects Wonwoo to act that way, he's always been so chill and able to keep his cool.

"It's okay, it's okay, I deserved it" she says as she stands up and gets in between the two boys hoping that no fight breaks out.

Other members from the Bratpack exiting the gym witnesses the incident.

"Hey what's going on!?" DK, a member of the Bratpack, runs towards Mingyu as the others follow.

Wonwoo starts to panic as he realizes what just happened. He's starting to think that he may be the insane idiot in this situation...

"I gotta go" feeling nauseous, he slams his locker close and runs away from all the people. Forgetting where he wanted to go and what he wanted to do, he just wants to be away from every human life possible.

"HEY WAIT!" the girl yells but Wonwoo just continues to run to any empty spot at school. As more students enter the school, he starts to shove everyone.

"Hey cutie, where you heading?" A random girl winks at Wonwoo and he looks at her in disgust.

"Where you running to weirdo?" Another random girl shouts. Wonwoo tries to ignore all the comments made by other students, although the voices of the entire school were echoing in his head, he continues to make his way outside of school but everything is spinning. He can't help but think what has gotten into him?

• end of chapter 1 •

Hey everyone! I hope this chapter was okay, and sorry if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes (I kinda at writing please forgive me! And I also tend to get lazy to proof read...) This is actually the second fanfic I've ever written, I have one fanfic that I recently deleted from my old account (and also never got to finish... after probably 3 years yikes!), and I felt so bad for dropping that story even when it was doing quite well. I'm not going to lie, I can get pretty lazy sometimes so a new chapter will probably be written once (or twice if I have time) a week! I'm very excited to be writing again and hopefully you will enjoy it. I do tend to have writer's block and will need some time to get the creative juices flowing, so I will try my very best to make this story interesting as possible. Fun fact: this was supposed to be an Ateez fanfic but I decided to change it to Seventeen, for I don't know what reason actually... maybe I'll write an Ateez fanfic sometime in the future! I actually like adding images to my stories, so I'll be sure to add as much as possible! I probably started writing this story at a bad time since I'll be starting school soon, oops... Anyways, thank you so much for reading, subscribe if you like, and stay tune for the next chapter!